Openweight Division: Fun Fights/Grudge matches or Legends Division?

Slice

Legends or Grudge Matches/Fun Fights?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What should the Openweight Division be used for?

• Grudge Matches/Fun Fights
    • Legends (35+) Division

Hey guys;

So I am currently running the 300k ID org SP ICON 2.0 in HILO. I have a super heavyweight division which is utterly useless to me at the moment; so I have come up with a couple of ideas of how to use it, these are both to do with it being an Openweight division rather than a Super Heavyweight division.

Fun Fights/Grudge Matches:

This is the first option; what this would be is that there wouldn't really be a belt in the division, there would be no champion. Guys don't have to weigh exactly the same; but I want to try to make sure all fights are fair. Similar weight; similar skills, similar ID range etc.

The purpose this would serve would be to get fights which would be interesting for the community; for example managers from rival alliances would be able to stick their guys in this division and face off; as long as the fights are fair. Additionally; if there is an ongoing beef between two managers, to the extent where they are bitching at each other on buzz and on the forums, we can sign two fighters from their respective rosters, who are relatively evenly matched and stick them on one fight contracts to settle it in the openweight division.

These fights can happen at any ID; any age, any weight, as long as both fighters are relatively similar. Hypothetically if the two fighters are near the top of the game, I must warn not to expect top level pay, as the org does not have that kind of hype yet.

Legends Division:

Everybody's heard this one before; but I'll go over my idea for it. I would make this division for over 35s only. Once again; the weight does not matter, as long as the two guys fighting are at a similar weight.

This would serve as a place where declining fighters; that managers still want to keep active, but are not quite good enough for the top of the game anymore could go. Once again; it is unlikely that the championship belt will be significant as we could have guys from all different weights competing in the division. It would be more about fun entertaining matchups than belts or rankings, kinda like the ufc today.

This could also be a division for fighters to come out of retirement; and we can have some of the best fights we never saw whilst these guys were in their primes.

Let me know what you think guys; vote on the poll on legends or fun fights and I'll look to get something sorted over the coming weeks for this :)

• Upvote 2