Ribeiro and The Island Title

JakeF

I'm shocked to find out people speak to their managers in this way, it's not a way to do business in my view. In my own organisation we have some fairly dominant champions who have a fairly significant hype/pop advantage over some worthy competitors and in them cases simply discussing the situation like a regular human being with both parties has always resulted in an amicable solution for all, if you go in just been offensive how can you expect the outcome to be anything but a net loss for the org?

Respect is very important and ovo is anything but a coward. You made a mistake this time and you really should consider owning it so it doesn't become a *thing*. My unwanted two pennies.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

I have discussed with all parties (Kendrick, Scotty) and the transition to IFC will be seamless, without any drama.

I am continuously hiring new talent so many top guys at IFC to keep everyone entertained until the tourney at the end of the season.

You'll get a very nice contract tonight and we can all move forward.

You two are in a collision course at my org though as Scotty's fighter is the champ and Ribeiro is by far the best 185er on theIsland :) shit just got real homies !!!!

• Upvote 2

That's what every org in the game does to a degree really.

Two sides of the coin regarding hype. The fighter thinks the hype is his and achieved solely by his actions, something to be protected like the precious in the Lord of the Rings. When you provide most of the hype in a fight, a loss would mean a drop in rank for both fighter's and manager's perspective. But that's how it goes in this game if you are successful. The org thinks the hype is a product of a system and the big amount of it just happens to be with this particular fighter who has done well in the settings he's in and since he's gotten so much he should also give chances to others and not take all the hype out of the circulation, so that everyone benefits (the org and the other fighters).

Both views are understandable and there's nothing new about it.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Two sides of the coin regarding hype. The fighter thinks the hype is his and achieved solely by his actions, something to be protected like the precious in the Lord of the Rings. When you provide most of the hype in a fight, a loss would mean a drop in rank for both fighter's and manager's perspective. But that's how it goes in this game if you are successful. The org thinks the hype is a product of a system and the big amount of it just happens to be with this particular fighter who has done well in the settings he's in and since he's gotten so much he should also give chances to others and not take all the hype out of the circulation, so that everyone benefits (the org and the other fighters).

The org owner could've handled that WAY differently. Some of the things he said were not necessary at all

• Upvote 1

I understand this man, but the way he handled it was ridiculous - first offered me to cherry-pick an opponent which I refused to do, then mailed everyone in the org that I have pussied out of the fight and wanted to cherry-pick an opponent. Combined with the complete lack of will to negotiate - sending the same fight offer 3 times, without explaining himself(like if I have declined once or twice, I will accept on the third time). I could have even taken that fight if he wasn't such a retard. But best thing he could have done is to let top two contenders fight and then book a hype-rich main event for the title, but I guess his vision is blurred by greed. Running an org isn't just looking at the top two fighters in the division and booking them in a title fight against each other every damn event. If I have to go even deeper in that case, he claims that the opponent has earned his title shot, while after losing to my fighter previous time, he then went on to win two fights vs bad Island builds(cans) with 2-0 and 1-1 records prior to their fights respectively.

• Upvote 3

Damn. What a horrible way to handle this situation by the org owner. Ovo is no ducker! he is champ of the 135 lbs 300k Division in my org and never refuses a fight unless he has a legit reason.

What a love story. So sweet I even got tears in my eyes http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/tears/t2322.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

Thanks for the heads up, I know where not to sign my Island fighter.

That's a bit harsh.

He is a good org owner in general, and I think most of you know that. The two guys involved are both ok and my reading of all the mail is that this is just a disagreement about how The Island should be played.

It is my fighter that was the "challenger" that Ovoxo refused to fight. I'm not botherered about that. In fact Oxovo has a better record than anyone against me and I'm a bit sick of getting beat by him all the time to be honest. I didn't ask for the fight or complain about the refusals, I simply accepted. I have three champs there and he sends me similar matches. It's the way he expects it to be on The Island and I just accept that.

Yes, the owner made a mistake by offering Ovoxo to pick his next opponent, that's never cool, but he is generally a good org boss. This is all between him and Oxovo and he doesn't deserve a bad reputation with the whole community because of this.

• Upvote 4

Bro, talking about bad reputation, he sent a mail to every manager in the org that I am a pussy.

That was a mistake too. He may have handled this disagreement with you badly but I noticed he released your fighter straight away. We all know the hallmark of a real asshole owner is to make you wait and he didn't do that.

• Upvote 1

That's a bit harsh.

He is a good org owner in general, and I think most of you know that. The two guys involved are both ok and my reading of all the mail is that this is just a disagreement about how The Island should be played.

It is my fighter that was the "challenger" that Ovoxo refused to fight. I'm not botherered about that. In fact Oxovo has a better record than anyone against me and I'm a bit sick of getting beat by him all the time to be honest. I didn't ask for the fight or complain about the refusals, I simply accepted. I have three champs there and he sends me similar matches. It's the way he expects it to be on The Island and I just accept that.

Yes, the owner made a mistake by offering Ovoxo to pick his next opponent, that's never cool, but he is generally a good org boss. This is all between him and Oxovo and he doesn't deserve a bad reputation with the whole community because of this.

I won't hold anything against the org owner personally, I just dont want to have a fighter in an org where that's how the situation is handled. Scotty has always been a good dude but I can't recall having a fighter under him before, but unless you're dealing with Bjorn, that's no way to handle the situation at all as an org owner in my opinion.
  • Upvote 1

That was a mistake too. He may have handled this disagreement with you badly but I noticed he released your fighter straight away. We all know the hallmark of a real asshole owner is to make you wait and he didn't do that.

Deliberately trying to make a specific person look bad and slandering them is the hallmark of an asshole in general, not just as an org owner. It's doubly bad that what he accused Ovo of doing in his mass mail to the org, is actually what he tried tempting him with in the first place, so he clearly knows that people picking and choosing their fights is a shit thing, yet he was willing to allow it to happen in his org.

Ovo was handling the situation pretty well, keeping polite throughout, and it was Scotty who jumped into insults by calling him a pussy. I don't think Ovo's idea of your guy winning one more fight first was unreasonable, but he seemed to want to make a power play and now it's come back to bite him in the ass.

• Upvote 3

I won't hold anything against the org owner personally, I just dont want to have a fighter in an org where that's how the situation is handled. Scotty has always been a good dude but I can't recall having a fighter under him before, but unless you're dealing with Bjorn, that's no way to handle the situation at all as an org owner in my opinion.

Yea, I probably shouldn't have got involved. I just thought it was a bit one-sided.

I don't know Scotty any better than I do Ovoxo but they both always seemed decent. Crazy how these situations escalate.

• Upvote 2

Yea, I probably shouldn't have got involved. I just thought it was a bit one-sided.

I don't know Scotty any better than I do Ovoxo but they both always seemed decent. Crazy how these situations escalate.

You're opinion is fine man, you didn't get any downvotes that I can see so no one has a problem with that you said. People should generate their own opinion based on facts and my conclusion is Oxovo presented the facts, while The org owner already had gotten his side across to a large part of the community in his org, through private message that not everyone can see.

Slandering and excluding someone from feeling welcome when they have a reasonable request is not well tolerated in this game, especially from past/current org owners who understand the delicacy of trying to keep managers happy. Oxovo has always been a pretty pleasant guy to deal with from my experience. The org owner was not easy to work with here.

• Upvote 1

I love when people say this is the story then copy and paste what they want people to see ?... gold.

And when I said you get to pick the next fight there was a ?... as in jokes/taking the piss.

I got no problem with King and we got along fine til he wanted to dodge the fight. I personally think it had nothing to do with hype.... Opponent has next best hype in the division. If you look at the first fight Bates won the first 4 rounds before Riberiro got the hard earned submission Silva style in the last. It was great fight and could have earned Bates instant rematch. But I didn't and Bate went away and had two more fights and gained more hype. But that's why I think he didn't want to go again knowing he would struggle and might lose his unbeaten record.

Anyway he said I could do whatever with the title but I wouldn't want to lose my two best fighters and he would wait for 21 days. But no that's fine he wanted to take his fighter away so I let him and cancelled contract. And I just signed Embolo too a 20k/8k/8k contract but I'll let him go aswell. Embolos next fight offer is against the only fighter to beat him so I'm sure King will refuse it anyway.

Because he is a pussy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 6

And to all the old timers going on about how things are and how they should be. Each player in this GAME can plays as they like and run their own orgs, gyms etc as they please.

At TIT the champ has to fight next in line. I'm not trying to hype up some fighters over others or making more money by this or that. I don't give a fuck about being best ORG on the Island or making millions of fake dollars. I'm running an org on the island cause I love this game. And want to make it fair for everyone at my org.

ive had no probs with any manager until this point but to all the others at my org they are free to take their fights away at anytime. I'm running it as l would like an org run on the island. With good contracts and heaps of fights cause that's what I thought the island was about.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Lol, I posted the complete conversation you idiot. I am not scared of beating Colombo's fighter again, the previous fight went for 5 rounds because I messed the sliders up. Anyway, he has two same builds in that division and I got sick of fighting them every week and just asked you to let him get more hype so I have something to fight for as well. You really suck as an org owner and of course I won't be fighting for your org anymore, don't care about the shit you are continuing to throw on my name.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2