NJMMA Bantamweight Battle - Creations from 1/1/18

thedry16

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/15189050547517.jpg

Diego Carlitto: [an excerpt from his interview on MMAAddict.com] I have a great deal of respect for my next opponent, Uchimura Nakata, but He is in between me and my goal and that means I'm going to blast my way right through him. Nakata is the man to beat in this thing right now, and I am focusing all my attention on getting that done. I haven't really done much looking past him, because he is the number one priority.

Ricky Warner: Sergei Petrov won in round one with a spinning backfist, and looks to be one of the prime candidates for the finals. What do you think about his chances against you?

Diego Carlitto: Well, as I said before I haven't really looked past Nakata that much yet. Sergei is a beast and he certainly posses a threat. But he has to deal with a very game striker named Marvin Meep. I will worry about Meep or Petrov after I deal with Nakata. The only thing I got to say about Petrov for the moment is, "Damn you for that spinning back fist. Otherwise, the KO of the night award would have gone to me for sure. [Laughs] All kidding aside it looks like I will have to face a third grappler to get to the finals, and that is more of a concern then facing Petrov at this point..

Ricky Warner: Marco Aurelio daSilva? Thoughts on him?

Diego Carlitto: Blake Phoenix seems to think that that dude will win everything until the finals, but I don't think so. He isn't nearly as good a wrestler as Nakata and If I can beat Nakata, then I am not worried abut daSilva.

Ricky Warner: Not even a little bit? You seem extremely confident.

Diego Carlitto: Anything can happen in a fight. But, no, I'm not worried about da Silva. I am focused on Nakata, and I will be watching the Petrov - Meep fight. I think one of those two will be in the finals.

Ricky Warner: OK, well, good luck to you. Thanks for stopping by.

Diego Carlitto: Thanks for having me on the show, Ricky.

• Upvote 2

Wilmer Valderrama: I'm feeling great, I'm such a badass. I'm slaying all the punany up in here:

http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/2015230/rs_560x415-150330163342-1024.Wilmer-Valderrama.ms.033015_copy.jpg

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2015/06/03/71b7313e-9452-4ef6-b373-69b84b165990/resize/624x468/5a121155549130bdc95465ee666f57a2/06-wilmer-jennifer-love-hewitt.jpg

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2015/06/03/a83c9f9c-af58-485f-8911-30f7dc73563c/resize/624x468/5898b30d27afc56a14036b8a52732f9d/01-wilmer-demi-lovato.jpg

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2015/06/03/d99810be-8584-4deb-a4d9-0ad676ca1ed0/resize/624x468/4570c7078038933907679a70542e23ca/05-wilmer-mandy-moore.jpg

http://cimg.tvgcdn.net/i/r/2015/06/03/4bc6d1b5-e782-4c60-8a4c-569839c99599/resize/624x468/6c1aff627ee679bc3a1f12615af8ad82/04-wilmer-ashlee-simpson.jpg

[Ricky Warner and a panel of other managers, and commentators discuss round two of the NJMMA Bantamweight Creation Tournament]

Ricky Warner: Hello, and welcome to a special edition of MMAAddict.com MMA Vlogs. With me today are Brunno Falcone, a manger and friend who has a horse in this race, Greg Speakman, Sports Writer for The Canton Depository newspaper, Ralph Emerson, an on-air personality and sports commentator for North East Ohio Sports Live. Today we will be discussing NJMMA’s Bantamweight Creation tournament round two. Brunno, you have a fighter in this tournament, one Diego Carlitto. Why don’t you start this off for us?

Brunno Falcone: Tanks, Ricky. Yeah. Carlitto, dis kid is real good. He done knocked his first round opponent out in only tirty-seven seconds. The bum retired immediately afterwards. I guess if’n yous can’t take no hits, den fightin’ just ain’t yous ting, capish?

Ralph Emerson: Well, not to take anything away from your prospect, Brunno, but let’s be honest here. Diego looked really good in the fight, sure, but Solomon Savant was, as you put it, a bum. The guy cut early and got stunned by a jab. His chin was highly suspect at best.

Greg Speakman: Yeah, but Carlitto Didn’t even really look that ripped. I mean he has something going on there for sure, but he could definitely have used some more time at the weight bench. He can’t expect to get those same results from Nakata, unless he has put in the training time and really worked on his takedown defense.

Ricky: I agree. What do you guys think about Carlitto’s next fight? Nakata is, undoubtedly, the best grappler in the tournament. Do you think Carlitto can stop those takedowns and pull out a win?

Ralph: No way! NO! Way! He has got to stop those takedowns to finish Nakata and he must do it early. I just can’t see anyway that his wrestling technique, or skillset is up to the task.

Greg: Well, it all depends on how strong Diego is coming into this and how much he has improved his takedown skills. He has not really had to show how good his takedown defense was in the first fight and he surely has been working on it in the buildup to this round, so it is highly likely that he could surprise us and if he can not only stuff a few takedowns, but, more importantly, land a few good hits along the way then he might just have this.

Brunno: Yeah. Diego trained his ass off for dis here fight. He is in da best shape of his life and he is takin’ to his trainin’ real good, see? He is a real quick learner. He’s gonna do real good.

Ricky: OK, moving on to the other fights, what about Keith Hector vs. Marco Aurelio da Silva?

Brunno: Da Silva all da way. I like ta see da KOs, but Keith is so bad at wrestlin’ dat he isn’t gonna get no time ta work.

Ralph: I must agree with Brunno on this one. Hector is terrible at wrestling and he is up against arguably the second-best grappler. Da Silva will have his way with Hector. Unless, Hector gets really lucky with a KO as da Silva comes in. He is going to get stopped pretty early.

Greg: Hector is heavy-handed and could easily get to da Silva’s chin. If he lands clean as da Silva is coming in. It could easily be lights out.

Ricky: What about the other side of the bracket? Sanka Coffie vs. Wilmer Valderama?

Greg: I got Coffie for this one. He is a much better grappler then Valderama and has KO power on top of that. He takes this to the mat and ends it quickly.

Ralph: He is grossly outmatched on the feet though. If Valderama’s takedown defense holds up then he could make Coffie’s night become a long and painful experience.

Brunno: Naw, Valderama, ain’t got nothin’ on dem punches. Coffie will walk right troo dem and take him to da ground. Den it’s all over.

Ricky: OK, last, but not least, Sergei Petrov vs. Marvin Meep?

Ralph: This is a tough one to call. Meep is a vastly more skilled striker, but he seems to lack KO power. Or maybe he just isn’t that strong. Petrov on the other hand is definitely skilled and has a granite chin. Meep could out score Petrov all day, but if Petrov can get to Meep, then this could be all over very quick.

Ricky: So, quit riding the fence here. Who do you have in this one?

Ralph: Oh, I have to decide? I guess I will go with the more skilled opponent. Marvin Meep.

Greg: I think you’re wrong on this one. Petrov is trained by a better manager, he is stronger, has more knockout ability… he has all he needs to get through Meep. Meep has a lot of heart, but his chin will be tested tomorrow night and I think it will be found wanting.

Brunno: Dis is gonna be a hard one ta call. Petrov is a beast, but he is not as good wit his hands, see. He needs ta finish dis early, or he will lose da decision. I tink he can do it doh. Meep sure as shit ain’t gonna knock Petrov out, and I don’t tink he can avoid punches all fight long either.

Ricky: OK, so the predictions are: da Silva beats Hector, Carlitto over Nakata, Coffie over Valderama, and Petrov to beat Meep.

What about ramifications of those fights?

Brunno: Well, it means my boy, Diego has ta fight anodder grappler, but he is gonna be in great position ta do just dat. If he beats Nakata, den da Silva will not be no trouble, see? Wit, Petrov beating Meep and Coffie taking out Valderama, den dat puts Petrov up against a very solid grappler. So, I see dis fight comin’ down ta Carlitto vs. an Alliance mate, Coffie. Which I tink Diego wins dat fight.

Ralph: For starters I don’t think that Carlitto gets past Nakata. If he does, then I think Brunno is right. He can beat the rest of the grapplers out there but might struggle with the strikers. I have Nakata going into the semi-finals against da Silva and Valderama to face Meep. Which puts Meep and da Silva in the final. That’s my take anyway. Da Silva takes Meep any day as it looks right now.

Greg: if Carlitto beats Nakata and Hector beats da Silva means we will be treated to a standup war that Carlitto loses. Coffie might take Petrov. I think he is slightly more potent as a striker, at least on the ground which I think he will be able to take the fight down to. So that would put Coffie vs. Hector in the final. Coffie is too good for Hector and I think Coffie wins it.

Ricky: OK, so we have three predictions for the whole tournament. Brunno has Carlitto winning it all, Ralph has Meep to take it, and Greg has Coffie as the overall winner. So, there you have it folks, Thanks to all my guests for coming on to the show today. See you all next time.

[The sound cuts out as the credits roll. The panel can be seen talking heatedly as the screen slowly fades to black]

• Upvote 3

im calling petrov vs marvin meep to be the fight of round 2. people think meep cant possibly beat petrov after not finishing last fight but hes been training his butt off to correct that and we will just have to see if my round 2 curse is over. ive been in 2 creation tournaaments losing both in round 2, last one to peter dry. actually but both of them were grapplers and cant wait to see what my striker does ve blake phoenix. good luck to everyone though my prediction is semi will be Carlito vs Da silva and Wilmer vs Meep but i could easily lose and nakata could pull of an upset. nakata is trained by a friend of mine in ifc and i have faith in him but this fighter iiddnt have faith in as he still hasnt shown any improvements all tournament so far.

that would be cool, he runs the org i have been in since iijoined this game ifc. i think blake phoenix is going to win though. though i am happy to say iidid get powerful and i was out striking him but he was smarter. though i wasnt expecting to go for a clinch so early round 1 as i set clinch to 5 percent but thats how the cookie crumbles. peter meep is staying btw so you can set up another fight for him whenever.

im calling petrov vs marvin meep to be the fight of round 2. people think meep cant possibly beat petrov after not finishing last fight but hes been training his butt off to correct that and we will just have to see if my round 2 curse is over. ive been in 2 creation tournaaments losing both in round 2, last one to peter dry. actually but both of them were grapplers and cant wait to see what my striker does ve blake phoenix. good luck to everyone though my prediction is semi will be Carlito vs Da silva and Wilmer vs Meep but i could easily lose and nakata could pull of an upset. nakata is trained by a friend of mine in ifc and i have faith in him but this fighter iiddnt have faith in as he still hasnt shown any improvements all tournament so far.

What you weren't seeing is those physicals and secondaries. This loss was anything but an upset. It would have been an upset for me to have won. But Carlitto is a solid fighter and he is going nowhere.

So if read the tournament sheet right I guess that means my next opponent is Blake Phoenix's fighter. Peter Dry, Camara, and Blake. I have the underdog's road for a guy that's been playing for 3 months but I've overthrown them all so far. Manager black sheeping this tournament. Lol.

Well Blake let's throw down and do this.

lol I just realized Brunno had posted Ikki's slider strategy against me like a day before the fight in that cool interview.

This is what I get for being absent from the forums so long lol :) Oh well, live and learn.

You won't get that kinda slack against Blake Ikki, tell Brunno to just keep it at picking a winner and not giving the entire info away.

Rooting for ma boi Blake though, who had warned me against rolling a white belt. Go get them !

• Upvote 1

lol I just realized Brunno had posted Ikki's slider strategy against me like a day before the fight in that cool interview.

This is what I get for being absent from the forums so long lol :) Oh well, live and learn.

You won't get that kinda slack against Blake Ikki, tell Brunno to just keep it at picking a winner and not giving the entire info away.

Rooting for ma boi Blake though, who had warned me against rolling a white belt. Go get them !

Actually it was just a guess. I never talked about my sliders for that fight and in Alliance chat I said I was going for the KO. I wanted to stay to the outside in that fight but if you clinched I was going to take advantage of it.

• Upvote 1

Yeah... I actually had no idea what strategy he would have used. I just figured what I thought would be the way to go with that fight. based on how they matched up. I would never post any slider info that was told to me in the forums. Hell I never even discuss sliders unless someone asks me for advice. Since my less then stellar return to the game No one really seems all that interested in asking me for advice. LOL

• Upvote 2

Yeah... I actually had no idea what strategy he would have used. I just figured what I thought would be the way to go with that fight. based on how they matched up. I would never post any slider info that was told to me in the forums. Hell I never even discuss sliders unless someone asks me for advice. Since my less then stellar return to the game No one really seems all that interested in asking me for advice. LOL

It's all good. Kind of makes me happy that someone can step away and have to relearn sliders. Means the game changes and evolves. As a new player I like that it causes for adaptation.

It's all good. Kind of makes me happy that someone can step away and have to relearn sliders. Means the game changes and evolves. As a new player I like that it causes for adaptation.

It's not so much re-learning sliders. It's just some ring rust. And yeah, there have been some changes to the fight engine, but mostly I am still just learning the game in the first place since my mentor quit the game two days into my mentorship with him I have been pretty much slogging my way through on my own. I have learned a lot. I read the forums and I am not as bad as I might seem. Some bad builds initially (forgot exactly how to make fighters properly), and lots of TD spam having far higher success rates then it should. But I have learned what the deal is with that and all my newer fighters should have a much better time of it. My older projects just need to spend a lot of time fixing the (slightly) bad builds I gave them and then they should be golden. I have made steady advancement in the direction of up since my return and will eventually approach my one time rank or close to it in the top 100. Point is that I may suck at the moment, but I am getting better everyday and I will be back to my old self in no time and then up from there.

• Upvote 1

It's not so much re-learning sliders. It's just some ring rust. And yeah, there have been some changes to the fight engine, but mostly I am still just learning the game in the first place since my mentor quit the game two days into my mentorship with him I have been pretty much slogging my way through on my own. I have learned a lot. I read the forums and I am not as bad as I might seem. Some bad builds initially (forgot exactly how to make fighters properly), and lots of TD spam having far higher success rates then it should. But I have learned what the deal is with that and all my newer fighters should have a much better time of it. My older projects just need to spend a lot of time fixing the (slightly) bad builds I gave them and then they should be golden. I have made steady advancement in the direction of up since my return and will eventually approach my one time rank or close to it in the top 100. Point is that I may suck at the moment, but I am getting better everyday and I will be back to my old self in no time and then up from there.

Yeah no real mentor for me either since the game won't let me have one because of how old my account since it was created over a year ago but never used and forgot about the game due to moving. But also sort of have one as King I can go to at anytime I have questions about the game and he helps. So in a round about sort of way he is my mentor just not officially.

I feel you guys, this big main world stuff is not like the Island. Im having to work really hard to win fights at the orgs Im at but still having a blast learning and working hard to win. I wouldnt have it any other way though.

Yeah I figured something like that happened, just wanted to make sure Ikki had all the chances to have a fair fight against probably the best creation tourney manager in the Tycoon world.

• Upvote 1

I feel you guys, this big main world stuff is not like the Island. Im having to work really hard to win fights at the orgs Im at but still having a blast learning and working hard to win. I wouldnt have it any other way though.

Yeah I figured something like that happened, just wanted to make sure Ikki had all the chances to have a fair fight against probably the best creation tourney manager in the Tycoon world.

No worries. There's a reason I accept any fight thrown at me. I'll either win or lose. It's not a big deal in either direction. I'd like to prepare my guy but I'd accept anything even a brand new created fighter of mine against the number 1 p4p in the game. I'd get thrashed but if it was offered I'd hit accept. With that in mind I don't go into any of them thinking I'll lose though. I'll just set my sliders to what I think my best chance for a handful of scenarios is. Because at the end of the day I'm still throwing rocks in the air and they are falling where they may. Outside of setting a slider to 100% even 99% there is still a 1% it does the other action and it may do that 6-7 times in a row while unlikely playing the percentages but it's possible.

Make up your mind turncoat

TidyWeirdHomalocephale-max-1mb.gif

Blake and his cousin dont fight each other nor fight at the same org for a while now. Unlike some peeps I always give people a 2nd and 3rd and so and so chance. Life is too short to live with hatred and online hatred is just loltastic.

At the end o the day Blake is a very talented manager, now that all shenanigans are out I see him in much higher light than some pussy managers that only acccept easy fights and are always looking for that edge. These are easy to spot: No Island fights, no 18 yr QFC testing unless right under 1000 points, no creation tournament entries, only stick to easy/new orgs, decline challenging fights w pussy excuses. You get my drift.

But you see, guys like Ikki , Blake, we can have our disagreements but respect is there, respect is earned.

You wonder why 290K all the way to 310K is almost dead? I will tell you why... The top dogs are already busy fighting each other at the top 3 orgs and will be testing their new projects for a few years, the new managers enter the game and get absolutely crushed by the pussy managers that know exactly what to do. As a result the new managers get bored (hey you gotta win sometimes to stick around) and leave the game. Rinse and repeat for a year, a year and a half.

But now the game is changing, the pussy managers are the minority and managers from the past are returning. New managers are fighting on equal ground with experienced managers and 330K will show that.

That is the root of the problem with that elitist mentality on all games. When it gets out of control you then get the same 20 managers fighting each other because they killed the game.

Creation tourneys are at the base of pumping life back into this game. And yes you might lose a bunch of fights testing in QFC and yes you might get crushed by a new manager in the first round and see your dear Ranking go from top 10 to top 100 but the reality is I'd rather not be top 10 and fight different managers and keep testing different builds than play the same cookie cutter BS for years and fight the same 9 idiots that killed the game.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1