Settling into the routine

jjsquirrel

So, end of VIP trial. Time to decide if this game is worth making a serious effort for or not.

There are definitely some good parts, I like the strategy of the training and fight tactics parts. I like the pacing, I like the game being a long-term thing. Appreciate the level of detail and complexity that goes into a lot of things like the skill system. I don't like the micromanagement parts, as having to micromanage what is practically non-decisions like what supplement type to eat for each training session and clothes changes. This will get more and more tedious over time. Especially when adding additional fighters.

Obviously, if you are in here you probably think the game is more fun than chores. But how do you cope with the less interesting parts of it? Maybe I just missed something obvious like the button "yes please autochange supplements to the appropriate one depending on training type".

• Upvote 1

So, end of VIP trial. Time to decide if this game is worth making a serious effort for or not.

There are definitely some good parts, I like the strategy of the training and fight tactics parts. I like the pacing, I like the game being a long-term thing. Appreciate the level of detail and complexity that goes into a lot of things like the skill system. I don't like the micromanagement parts, as having to micromanage what is practically non-decisions like what supplement type to eat for each training session and clothes changes. This will get more and more tedious over time. Especially when adding additional fighters.

Obviously, if you are in here you probably think the game is more fun than chores. But how do you cope with the less interesting parts of it? Maybe I just missed something obvious like the button "yes please autochange supplements to the appropriate one depending on training type".

There is the possibility to retire one of your fighters and make him a personal assistant. He can change clothes for you. It will take up one of your slots though
  • Upvote 2

if you're VIP you can retire a fighter and make him your Personal Assistant so he'll buy/change clothes for you. I never done it myself so I don't know if he'll help with supplements too. But if your gym has a nutrition partner and you check "vending" I believe the fighters will take the right supp.

Anyway, you can leave them all taking reduce energy supps or set it in a way that you'll only have to change it a couple of times in the week. it's just not that big of a deal IMO.

PA is a great deal if you have 15-20 fighters. Game has a long learning curve, but generally it is pretty fun. Micromanagement, of course, is pain in the ass but if you don't buy max fighter slots, you should be okay with handling your fighters. It is better to go VIP, because micromanagement is hard without the assistant page, checking training pops and depops etc. Also with the company slot you receive when you get VIP, you can either earn money by running some business, or have a private gym for your own fighters.

I could never see any skill pops during my VIP trial, not sure if it was a bug or a trial limit. I know there were changes in skill level. Sounds like I would want a PA eventually, hear the term mentioned somewhere before but never figured out you would need to retire a fighter first.

You can create a brand new guy and retire immediately him to be your PA, it doesn't have to be one of your warriors. Managing 10 guys is not that tough though as other hae said. Once their cardio and strength are at the levels you like you will really only use Reduce Energy supps. Give them 4-5 and you wont have to tinker with supps for quite a few weeks. The only thing you want to stay up on then is the type of training they do and managing their energy.

The mention of getting a mentor is another great thing to assist you in really learning the nuances of the game and some of the short cuts to make the day to day stuff easier.

Hope that helps ;)

• Upvote 3

As you have two fighters in my Org, I can only encourage you to stay with the game, and buy VIP, as it brings so much more fun, you so far had only 1 fight, with some scheduled next weekend,

for me the fighting tactics and reading opponents takes much more time than micro management.

Clothes are basically only important if you have morale issues, other than that they do no harm for 25 days, only when you lost, you need to change 2 to 3 days the clothes to get morale up quick.

Training really can be a challenge, but as a VIP you can follow the developement much better, usually when doing Cardio and on supp, you should pop an 18yo every 3 to 4 days.

• Upvote 1

As you have two fighters in my Org, I can only encourage you to stay with the game, and buy VIP, as it brings so much more fun, you so far had only 1 fight, with some scheduled next weekend,

for me the fighting tactics and reading opponents takes much more time than micro management.

Don't worry, even if not going VIP I would have fought out my contracts, really looking forward to some more fights. And now I'm in for the long run, got my VIP, time to start some 18 year olds and aim for the top :showoff:

First one of my fighters to show a sign of weakness will have a new career washing clothes and carrying water bottles.

• Upvote 3

Don't worry, even if not going VIP I would have fought out my contracts, really looking forward to some more fights. And now I'm in for the long run, got my VIP, time to start some 18 year olds and aim for the top :showoff:

First one of my fighters to show a sign of weakness will have a new career washing clothes and carrying water bottles.

Please get a mentor now if you don't have one already. There is no point in starting out without a mentor they'll help you with everything you need - the ammount and frequency of the help will be up to you but get one and ask advice/money/whatever.