Additional rankings system being introduced

MMATycoon

An idea popped into my head last night about setting up an additional rankings system - rankings for people over the course of one month, split up into 3 different categories.

- Users who joined in the last month

- Users who joined between 1 and 3 months ago

- Users who joined over 3 months ago

(These categories can be easily changed if you guys want a different system).

So on the first of each month, we'll be noting down everyone's ranking position, hype level and record and then we'll do a table of who's improving the most over the course of the month. Hopefully this will give the newer managers something to aim at!

Anyway, I took a sweep of everyone's ranks/record etc earlier today and will get the monthly change up tomorrow. The regular reset date will be the first of each month so we'll have a half month run to test it out.

Just manager rankings. It's basically for mid to lower ranking managers to give them the chance to be high up / top of a certain rankings table. For top ranking managers it'll be more of a slight improvement/decrease over the course of the month - e.g. monitoring their hype rating change rather than a position rank change.

I actually thought about this, and it can be done for fighters as well, using a filter system, search for managers who have joined in the past month or two or three, sliders would be easiest.

And for fighters, it could be cool almost like a rookie of the month or year sort of thing, again with sliders. Fighters joined in the past month or two or three again.

I have no idea what that means :)

where it would display the record/winning percentage of the fighters a fighter has beaten. Like the post i made the other day that you commented on.

On that note, Mike, is a strength-of-schedule display for fighters still somewhere on the to-do list?

It looks like this is up now. There's a link to it on fighter profile pages, up near the stats/weight icons. Very cool.

I thought the win/loss record of past fighters was gonna be back when u faught them, is it possible to do it that way or u didnt think that was a good idea? For example beating a 3-0 guy and having that on my record looks a lot better than 3-1 once ive beat him, or if he then goes on a loosing streak and his record shows on my page as 3-3 or something when i actually beat him at 3-0.

Just a general wondering and i thought it would be better the other way around, but maybe not

OK, basically that info isn't stored anywhere. We've got someone working on parsing that info out of the commentary page at the moment but it's pretty tricky... Anyway, once it's all parsed out we can store it and show both bits of info - both hype and fighter record at the time of the fight.

The adjusted record is a similar deal though at the moment - how the opponent's records would look if they hadn't faught you.