MMATYCOON Dead In 2018?

There is just too many problems with this game and nobody to fix them. Another problem is learning speed - just a way to sell more vip is all. I have never rolled a fast learner. I decided this time Im going to reroll until i get a fast learner. In the past 2 weeks I have spent at least 2 months vip rerolling fighters. Still no fast learner. I love this game but this, along with all of the other issues, really has me on the verge of forgetting about it. The idea of buying another year of vip just to waste half of it trying to get a fighter who will learn quickly just does not sound ideal to me. Let alone supporting a dev who doesnt give a shit about his customers or his product for that matter.

Then what if when you do get that fast learner, he turns out to be a glass chin LOL. That's why I don't worry about learning speed but so much, if it takes more than 3 one on one sessions to go from useless to feeble or whatever then they are gone.

Then what if when you do get that fast learner, he turns out to be a glass chin LOL. That's why I don't worry about learning speed but so much, if it takes more than 3 one on one sessions to go from useless to feeble or whatever then they are gone.

Exactly. Theres already a big enough difference between top 100 managers (sparring with retired veterans with high skill) and managers still in their first year or two (sparring with whatever bums one can pick up off the FA list) I dont think we need learning speed, just another obstacle (albeit one that generates money) for a new manager to jump over.

You mast have just had some bad luck is all. I have two fighters on my current roster alone that have max learning speed, three others that have 6.5 or higher and two more that are over 6. I have only had to sack a few fighters for low learning speed. I have two on my roster presently that need to go, but they are doing really well so I will wait until they are no longer winning and then they are gone. But genreally speaking you can still do really well with a fighter that has at least a 5.5 learning speed. You don't have to have 6-7 to be great. I recently found out the Kajun Puno had a stupid low learning speed. Yet he was former P4P champ. Some claiom he is this games GOAT but I'll leave that for another time and place. Point is that new players should NOT expect to be facing the top 100 in the first year or so playing this game. And it probably won't affect their enjoyment levels at all. However, the economy is apparently becoming a problem. New players cannot get cheap training and they cannot compete as a result. That needs addressed.

Exactly. Theres already a big enough difference between top 100 managers (sparring with retired veterans with high skill) and managers still in their first year or two (sparring with whatever bums one can pick up off the FA list) I dont think we need learning speed, just another obstacle (albeit one that generates money) for a new manager to jump over.

I'm not sure how many different alliances there are anymore that provide gyms. That was a big part in my decision to join LOD. So maybe if more managers were willing to provide a private gym for a few fighters to get no more than 3 fighters per session. An extra company slot I think would help out some. Have it to where you have to pay $10 Or something for it. Then maybe people wouldn't just make gyms for there own fighters. When I started I also didn't even worry about making an 18 yr old for at least a few months, I made 25 yr olds that did really well in ID orgs until I was fortunate enough to make it into the top 100. Then I got some free agent that were halfway worth a shit and just kept at it.
  • Upvote 2

Well if the gym situation is so rough then what could a relatively wealthy benefactor with a private gym do to assist this?

Happy to run some things at a loss if it helps, I'm sure I could find somewhere else to hire a private coach and hire some coaches for public use. What's the most needed setup for newbies? Haven't really been a newbie since 2010 so I haven't noticed like Warwynd either but happy to lose a million or so holding a gym open if it's needed

The number one thing newbies need is a $40-$50 per week gym that has no coaches and trains physicals and does sparring only. After that they would need a gym that is less than $500/month so that they can train secondaries. Ideally one with, say Remarkable coaches, to train secondaries and circuits for around $100-200/month They should be able to survive with $1K contracts as long as they fight monthly or so. By the time they are hitting renegotiation time, most should be looking to get into gyms in the $300-500 range and so on. What they need is a reworked computer run gym network that doesn't mean that they will automatically get the shittiest training possible. Cozad should not mean auto loss.

OK so if I found a spot to hire a couple of triple elite coaches for my guys and put in a load of remarkable + coaches for $50 to join then? I know I'll make a loss but I have money so that doesn't really matter.

That sound about right to help a little? Maybe others will follow and we may have one in each city who knows!

• Upvote 1

I do think that owning two companies would be a great idea. Like someone once said, how is this Tycoon if you cannot have multiple businesses. I think limiting it to two would help immensely. I had at one point drawn up a lengthy plan on making gyms not a business (or at least making private gyms not) and therefore allowing for those slots to be used for a whole host of other business opportunities. I had outlined the foundations for venues, media outlets, and a few other things, but got no real response from Mike about them. I also had a whole list of things for people to spend money on, to help keep the economy from going out of control, but that also got ignored.

Keeping on track though, opening public gyms for newbies is a great idea. Hope more of this can happen.

Sadly I think that's someone's second account given that he posted here stating he was willing to hold a gym in the day he joined.

Also asking for VIP to be bought for him to do that. Ah well I'm sure I'll find someone before the end of the day tomorrow, and will have the gym set up ready for Monday morning training :)