MMATYCOON Dead In 2018?

I played briefly about 6 years ago, stopped after about a couple of months because I thought it was too slow and I grew frustrated. Picked back up playing it over a year ago because I love mma, but was really bored. I play world of mixed martial arts some, but even that gets repetitive and boring over time. Here at least you get to interact with other players from around the world and in a lot of ways is like a monopoly mma game online, that you will have frustrations, losses, and disappointments just like in real life. I'm almost at the anniversary point of my mma org, it will be 1 year on July 22nd from the 1st event.

My observations are it seems that there are only a couple of organizations out there that stay in business and are the kings. There is a huge turnover of managers and companies in the past year that maybe leads to the game lacking

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I’m happy here. Running an org keeps me busy enough. I know there have been a couple of things people have been hoping to get changed/fixed/improved but these aren’t things that are potentially driving me from the game. If it does die or fade away or whatever then I’m pretty sure I will be one of the last ones out the door.

I’m happy here. Running an org keeps me busy enough. I know there have been a couple of things people have been hoping to get changed/fixed/improved but these aren’t things that are potentially driving me from the game. If it does die or fade away or whatever then I’m pretty sure I will be one of the last ones out the door.

This pretty much sums up my thoughts on the game. I hope it sticks around for another 10 years at least

I don't want to turn this into yet another "improvements" thread but I feel like this is a major thing and stopping new players from even getting started. If new players aren't even able to get in on their own then that game will die.

I'm coming across so many new players that have run out of money and aren't able to train. There are no $50 gyms anymore so the early part of the game is currently broken. It even effects me as an org owner as I feel like the only fair contract for a 0-0 newbie is 4k per fight (1 fight per month means they can train for the month)

Either new fighters need to have way more starting cash to afford a 1k a week gym off the bat (and there isn't one of those in every city) or the starting Cozad gym needs to become a viable option for new players to train cardio and sparring without there morale being sapped at a ridiculous rate.

• Upvote 1

Just looked through gyms, and you're 100% right, the 50$ train cardio and weights at good state are gone from the game.

SO new fighters need a good mentor to pick them up, or need to make money first by creating 25yos, training them at Cozad and make some cash,

which is a long and tough route, so you either find a mentor, that likely also helps you financially, or you buy your way in the game, by buying VIP days and exchanging them,

but who would do that, not knowing a lot of the game.

So new players create cans and run away, because they can't win, unless picked up by an expirienced player.

I had suggested a general Cozad gym rework in the developers thread some months ago - with values and everything(cant access the forums to post it here cause i left the group), but as u can see, there isn't a dev to implement it. The game needs a lot of things to make it easier and welcoming to newbies - better default gyms is just one of them, how about a better and more detailed NUG? The one we got now, just teaches you to create a basic creation fighter and send him to get rekt in QFC. There are people who would be interested to write a NUG, but Mike wont even bother with adding it.

I had suggested a general Cozad gym rework in the developers thread some months ago - with values and everything(cant access the forums to post it here cause i left the group), but as u can see, there isn't a dev to implement it. The game needs a lot of things to make it easier and welcoming to newbies - better default gyms is just one of them, how about a better and more detailed NUG? The one we got now, just teaches you to create a basic creation fighter and send him to get rekt in QFC. There are people who would be interested to write a NUG, but Mike wont even bother with adding it.

Great points. At this moment any change in the engine of the game should be put off until the user experience has improved majorly
  • Upvote 1

There is just too many problems with this game and nobody to fix them. Another problem is learning speed - just a way to sell more vip is all. I have never rolled a fast learner. I decided this time Im going to reroll until i get a fast learner. In the past 2 weeks I have spent at least 2 months vip rerolling fighters. Still no fast learner. I love this game but this, along with all of the other issues, really has me on the verge of forgetting about it. The idea of buying another year of vip just to waste half of it trying to get a fighter who will learn quickly just does not sound ideal to me. Let alone supporting a dev who doesnt give a shit about his customers or his product for that matter.