47% morale

FightGame26

can anyone expand on this? just coming back to the game, one of my projects that I tested in a qfc to check his hidden, his morale plummeted to like 1% when he lost. what does that mean when aylib says to not go heavy on counter?

I'd just get rid of him, really.

well he popped granite chin so I didnt think too much of the morale drop, but when I saw this thread I thought I'd ask

I'm not experienced enough to tell you what to do as I haven't had it happen to me, but my thinking is that he won't be able to train efficiently in the long run.

can anyone expand on this? just coming back to the game, one of my projects that I tested in a qfc to check his hidden, his morale plummeted to like 1% when he lost. what does that mean when aylib says to not go heavy on counter?

Confidence is essential while employing counter strategies, and if your guy is lacking in that department, he might not be well suited for sitting back and countering, as he would likely fold under pressure, thus you have to be the one exerting pressure and masking that deficit. Or so I think.

• Upvote 5

Confidence is essential while employing counter strategies, and if your guy is lacking in that department, he might not be well suited for sitting back and countering, as he would likely fold under pressure, thus you have to be the one exerting pressure and masking that deficit. Or so I think.

You learn stuff everyday

I'll bear this in mind too when/if my fighters become more technical counter strikers.

low morale is only an issue when u LOSE....so as long as he is winning its not a prob....and a loss once in a while isnt gonna ffect him that much....on the other hand if he is losing frequently he will eventually fall behind in his training and thats gonna become a prob. I have a top fighter right now Foot "Cranky Bitch" Fungus (302783) with 100% morale loss when he loses....but he rarely loses so its not an issue. Every fighter has a weak area....and as long as his other areas are good enuff....and he is WINNING....there is no problem yah?

• Upvote 1

Morale is directly related to the confidence hidden, a big loss of morale indicates low confidence.

It won't impact your training, an otherwise fast learner with a granite will train fine but likely falter later on vs more solid opponents.

actually it DOES affect his training according to the Wiki.... specially the sparring which is extremely important....and any time u cant train because of low morale thats a loss of training days so yes it DOES affect training....

• Upvote 2

actually it DOES affect his training according to the Wiki.... specially the sparring which is extremely important....and any time u cant train because of low morale thats a loss of training days so yes it DOES affect training....

I don't usually let guys sit around with low morale but thinking about it I believe you're right here, given low morale effects estimated sparring value(thinking it does) it would impact sparring. I don't know of any evidence supporting an impact to secondaries or physicals.

I'm pretty sure I misunderstood the initial question but I also could have been a bit more specific. The low confidence won't impact training him, but he will more likely lose to fighters not lacking that hidden in the future. I think it's a matter of the chicken and the egg, if you pick up on low confidence early it's an easy sack because you know he's bad in that area and everything else is(likely) up for debate, if you otherwise have a complete monster by the time you learn his confidence is low, keep him so long as he's doing fine.

• 4 weeks later...

Well he's 3-1 and he lost by split decision so no reason to sack I suppose

My guy was the same 5-0 and was absolutely dominating fights, had a 5rounder with another unbeaten fighter which was a draw, then lost a close decision over 3x10 minute rounds in the rematch, so I'm a bit reluctant to cut him at the moment, will see how he bounces back in his next fight...

Thats why low confidence is so vicious.
Your fighter works at lower levels, but as you climb the ladder, he lacks the hidden to perform the tatics you need to keep winning. Cant keep up with the competition.
Thats how I experienced it, tho

My guy was the same 5-0 and was absolutely dominating fights, had a 5rounder with another unbeaten fighter which was a draw, then lost a close decision over 3x10 minute rounds in the rematch, so I'm a bit reluctant to cut him at the moment, will see how he bounces back in his next fight...