UFC Demo

The Demo is out for EVERYONE if you want to put a little bit of elbow grease to get it. You need to DOWNLOAD it (Look for it on torrent sites, around 400MB) and burn it on a CD-R (YES CDR!) , put it in your 360 (It will show up as Media CD I believe) and go to your "Game Library" and click the logo to play the game. Game is GREAT. If I play as Shogun Rua I lose, if I play with Liddell I win....

The big hole in the game is the grappling. I can't understand why they've made it so difficult to submit the comp. It was probably the aspect I was most looking forward to, so pretty dissapointing, in an otherwise pretty stellar game.

coming from someone who trains bbj (and no i am no black belt) brazilian jiu jitsu is way more complicated and difficult than throwing a punch. i'm pumped about the fact bjj is hard. IMO it should be. of course i haven't played it yet either but i will on thursday. :)

was lucky enough to play an almost finished version of the game on PS3 last night.

Really good fun, AWESOME fighting mechanics that are very deep and seen to cover all aspects of an MMA fighter's arsenal, not that I'm any expert mind you. The fighter models are awesome and clearly show accumulated damage during the fight. Land lots of body kicks in the first round and by the next round your opponent will have a dirty great bruise there. Cuts open up realistically, fighters get gassed if you don't manage their energy properly.

Fighting is great fun and personally i found it very realistic. From 3 round wars that go to a decision to great clean punches that cause a KO. You can be taking loads of body blows but delivering great punches and combos to your opponent's head and get a KO with a well timed punch to the temple, similarly, take too many body strikes and you'll go down in pain and possibly TKO. I wasn't really paying attention properly during the tutorial so had some trouble executing takedowns and subs, but with a bit more time and practice I'm sure it can be mastered.

I didn't get a chance to check out the career or create a fighter modes, but will try and get some more with the game during the week and give you some impressions.

Needless to say my appetite has been whetted and I want this game NOW. Even my mate that I was playing against, who doesn't really like MMA but enjoys fighting games likes it, so there is a good chance that it will appeal to fans of fighting games in general, not just MMA.

I want it NOW!!!!

gettin easy sub liddel now. have won on expert with both Shogun and Liddel. Ground game is deff worth learnin. Adds so much to the game. The tutorial helps aswell as the onscreen guide in the pause menu.

easily gets into my top5. iv played the demo more than most of my full games.... can never play fight night again. so limited compared to this

ive had the demo for a few days now and it's fun. the ground game is pretty tough to get used to but it's pretty fun once you get used to it. the transitions on the ground are really nice. the one thing i dont like is that there's really only one submission you can go for in ever position, unless i'm doing something wrong.

i'd have to say the best part of the game for me has been the clinch work. i think they got that down pretty good.

can we get a vote on how good the game is on the ps3 versus the xbox? I'm gonna be buying one in the next couple weeks and I'd like to get some input if thats cool =)

dont you have to pay for the xbox online whereas the ps3 is free? And more of my friends have ps3 than xbox so if I wanna play with them I should be getting the ps3 right?

xbox live is a paid service but its well worth it. The online play for xbox is far superior to the PS3. But in your case, if most of your friends are rocking the PS3 than go with the flow.

u can get a few extra subs by using Shogun and holdin LB when u press the right thumbstick. much easier to get subs with the stamina bar onscreen. i can only win by ko or dec on expert tho... not mastered the reversals and holding on the ground yet.

Had a chance to play the ufc demo and i'm actually surprised at how much i like it. early on i was excited, then i became skeptical and now after playing and going through the tutorials twice, i really think it's going to be a great game. i was impressed how complicated it was ( you can stall guard passes, transition to better positions on the ground, tai clinch, double underhooks etc) and am still trying to get it all down. on top of that they have all sorts of punch/kick combinations even adding personalized ones to certain fighters. and i have to say it's pretty cool when someone is on you pounding you and you actually pull off a transition that either gets him off you or betters your position. a lot of nice touches.

personally, i hope the online play is awesome and allows you to create a fighter and pick a weight division and fight others all the while keeping your record and possible ranks etc...