Big Wave MMA

Ikkitakeda

BIG WAVE MMA 4: THE CROWNING REVIEW

Welcome to the review show for BWMMA-4. The event was held in Hilo Hawaii  at Wild Bob's Bar in-front of 450 screaming fans. With an event rating of 46.24. The fight of the night was Rik Spahn vs Max Gotty and the KO of the night was Nyrkki Rauta. It saw two people get crown champions. Our sponsor Coconut Supplement Co showed up and did some nice merchandising at the event. Big wave saw our first ever profit at the event bringing in $7k after all expenses for the event was paid. Now the moment all of you have been waiting for. What happened in the event?

Aizen Kuzo versus Fabian Raczynski at 265 saw the debuting Fabian getting a TKO win over Aizen as the ref stepped in to save him. The first round was all Aizen with the takedowns but not much else. Normally Aizen is more active on the ground than what he was tonight. The second round opened with a couple failed takedown attempts by Aizen followed Fabian landing a shot that cut Aizen that he just shrugged off and got the takedown. The ref stood the fight back up and it wasn't long before Fabian found his range landing another shot that opened the cut up worse rocking Aizen. Then following it up with a left hook that dropped Aizen followed by another shot that left him out cold on the canvas.

Rik Spahn versus Max Gotty at 185 saw the perfect Max looking a little outmatched in this quick fight. It opened up with Rik landing a fast takedown. The two exchanged a bit of words and maybe Rik will enlighten us on what was said. Whatever it was I'm sure max wishes he could take it back because it was immediately followed by Rik landing a shot then passing to full mount and landing another shot that led Max to tapping from strikes.

Next fight was a 3 round fight ending in decision between Baofu Taiwa and Havig Singh. It was really close fight with the second and third rounds being anyone's game. Havig had his moments landing just about everything he threw. But in the end all 3 judges scored the fight 29:28 Baofu as the takedowns and positions changes just proved enough to inch the win. Maybe Havig should have been a little more active with his strikes.

Then we had a fast bloody fight between Phineas Turner and Jimmy Shimmy at 205. Phineas opened the fight with a jab that cut the bridge of Jimmy's nose. Jimmy tried for a takedown but it was defended well followed by an overhand right that sent Jimmy sailing tot he canvas and Phineas wasted no time diving on top throwing bombs and the ref jumping on that quick stopping the fight.

Another 205 fight. This one between Shiro Namatame and Baba Jay. The fight ended in true Shiro fashion by decision. Shiro threw punches in bunches and landing just under 50% of his strikes. Baba had his moments with the takedowns and put up some decent ground and pound. But in the end the judges scored every single round for Shiro as the pressure and damage from the volume of strikes just proved too much. And we have been told that Shiro and Phineas will be running it back against one another for the 205 title.

Nyrkki Rauta versus Michael Wayne for the 170 pound strap was one really fast fight lasting just 29 seconds. It opened with Nyrkki landing shot after shot cutting Michael. Dropping him and waving him back up. He kept the pressure on knocking Michael back into the cage dropping him to his knees and continuing the onslaught as the ref rushed in to save him. We had one of our announcers for this event do an interview with the champion after the fight.

Daniel Lowlin: Hi Daniel Lowlin here with Nyrkki Rauta who just became the first ever champion at 170 pounds at Big Wave MMA. I have to ask how does it feel?

Nyrkki Rauta: There were some question marks before signing into BWMMA, and there still are. But at the moment looks promising. Of course it's great to win a title. I'm really happy because now I can get back into training. My manager have had so much fighter to control, but hopefully these wins give me more attention.

Daniel Lowlin: That's great. You already have a guy from earlier on the card calling out the champion Baofu Taiwa. What do you think of him?

Nyrkki Rauta: Never heard of him. Seems like he is one of those who will get killed by a few hard punches.

Daniel Lowlin: You're a young fighter and already knocking people out left and right. No-one in Big Wave has even lasted a single minute with you. Are you that good, or are you worried a little bit about being so young and not getting to pick up much experience from such quick fights?

Nyrkki Rauta: That's good question. Honestly I don't know yet. These opponents have been stylistically quite easy and that's a good thing. Also it is a bad thing because it doesn't really tell where is my real potential.

The main event was a 265 pound fight crowning the king of 265 between Rover Fezue and Danny Brook. It was over in just over 30 seconds. Rover looked perfect landing 100% of his shots. Opened up with a jab that cut the bridge of Danny's nose. Danny took it like a champ. He took another shot this time to the body. He tried for a takedown that he misjudged the distance for. He paid the price with another body shot. The Rover lands an overhand right for a walk away KO. And our announcer interviews our champion.

Daniel Lowlin: Hi Daniel Lowlin sitting here with Rover Fezue the first ever 265 pound champion at Big Wave MMA. I have to ask how does that feel?

Rover Fezue: Feels great. I couldn't have asked for a better way to capture the title.

Daniel Lowlin: That's great. Now people are talking that you push fights for a fast KO because you don't have the stamina to go in later rounds much less the championship rounds. What do you have to say to your haters out there?

Rover Fezue: You don't need cardio when you have the ultimate equalizer. I'm just hear to eat a** and beat up p*ss*es. Guess what I'm just about out of p*ss*es to beat.

Daniel Lowlin: You are the reigning king in the biggest division at Big Wave. How do you see the strength and quality of the division?

Rover Fezue: There's some young guys who have some work to do and could be some potential threats in time.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1