Highland - Official Thread

clydebankblitz

Highland 74
Kings of the Island

The moment we have all been anxiously awaiting with eager anticipation.... Noel Diaz vs Kranckx Diesel for the lightweight title is finally upon us. In a turn of events very few saw coming, Noel Diaz captured the Bantamweight Title on April 4th, a few weeks later he moved up to Featherweight to capture the crown on May 9th. Now July second, Noel Diaz moves up once again in hopes to capture the coveted lightweight title tomorrow night against one of the most terrifying knockout artists in the freaking game, Karnckx Diesel who holds seven first round victories in his nine wins. Who has avenged his one defeat. Who has jumped to the number five spot in the rankings p4p. and in our Co-main event we get to witness two fighters who only know how to win by knocking their opponent out unconscious. One of my favorite fighters, Torhte Gingy Bear Finlayson defends his light heavyweight champion status against the dangerous Mara Tantor! This is history...This is Highland! 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Noel Diaz}    Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Kranckx Diesel
{24} Diaz vs Diesel {c}

155 lbs, Highland
HIGHLAND Lightweight Title

On the Island, these two hold very different rankings than what is shown above. Diaz is ranked 4th pound for pound on the Island and Diesel is ranked 6th. I just want to say that before we begin but now that the disclaimer is out the way...LETS GO! 

Noel Diaz (8-0) vs Karnxkx Diesel (9-1) has every single fight fan on the edge of their seat. The weigh-ins were intense today and the crowd was going berserk. A few fights broke out in the crowd as the fans of these two legends are aggressive. Reports that Callum McGregor had to calm down even some of his Highland Staff on their opinions reminding them that this is a fight and not some sort of religious war have surfaced. Noel Diaz is known by literally every MMATycoon fan out there. The Islands own bad boy has done the unthinkable in winning a title in two divisions and plans on making it a third when he goes up in weight against the dangerous Diesel. The question on everyone's mind is, can Diaz take the punches Diesel offers? The reality of this is Diaz is moving up a whopping ten pounds in weight against a guy who has knocked out opponents in his lightweight weight class prior. Reports are that Diesel will be weighing around 165 on the night of the fight while Diaz weight may sink under 155 due to his natural size. So naturally speaking, Diesel is the heavier handed and heavier opponent which makes this the most dangerous fight of Noel Diaz's career. 
I am so into this fight I am making paragraphs.
Diesel who has recently won the hearts of many a fan, stole the title from Ed Green through a hellacious knockout. It was a rematch he had earned after being submitted in their first match. Reports were that Green was planning on defending his title against Diaz next but when Green was stopped his rematch clause against Diesel prevented that and gave Diaz more time to bulk up and prepare for his eventual matchup. In the second match up we witnessed Diesel put an exclamation mark on the trilogy and certified to everyone that he was the true lightweight champion and demanded respect be put on his name.

It wont take you long to check out the buzz behind this fight. Fight fans of both camps believe their fighter wins and wins remarkably easy. It is no secret that Diesel has been submitted before against Green. In fact, it only took Green the fourth attempt before he locked in a nasty Kimura, a type of arm lock that can actually break the arm of a person. On the other of the coin, it is no secret that Diaz has taken many punches and lost rounds in previous fights due to the striking of some of his opponents. The key to victory for both men is simple, for Diesel, he has to keep the fight standing and mix strikes together to land that knockout blow, not to rush in and get himself caught in a submission but to be patient with his strikes. The key for Diaz is get the fight to the ground advance position and secure the arm. 

Diaz moving up to his third weight class while Diesel defending his newly acquired title against the best Island fighter of all time. I had a chance to check out the training regimes of both these fighters and have safely ascertained that they are working equally hard to bring home the W. The coaches of both the Island Project believe that with Diaz training with Maurice Tillet that he will easily take the punches Diesel throws. Over at Tez's Stand and Bang, the long time gym Diaz started at, the coaches seem to have a personal vendetta against the Island King hoping that there new champion puts him away for good. 

In all of Diesels fights, only one takedown has landed against him. So many opponents tried with complete desperation to secure one but he stopped them time and time again. Some believe that he was slipping and his opponent locked in the takedown at that moment and moved on to score the kimura. Not only does Diesel have outstanding takedown defense but inside the clinch he consistently outworks his opponents and damages him with insanely accurate striking. He punches the body and the head and leaves his opponents wobbling in the cage delirious. 

Training at Tez's Stand and Bang may prove to be futile in retaining the title for the lightweight champion. They have no ground game or stopping of a takedown. Instead, Diesel will have to rely on prior knowledge and experience in keeping this fight standing and hope that he will land the knockout shot as soon as his opponent lunges in for a takedown. Diaz who is no Floyd Mayweather Jr, has shown solid striking defense before and knowing that his opponent will be looking for damaging shots may have the ability to secure that takedown quicker than we realize. 

I do not consider it wishful thinking that Diaz wins this lightweight belt. I remember how he took punches on the chin from heavy handed opponents such as Jobber Joe and Calvin Shields, I remember how he too trained at Tez's Stand and Bang, and I consider that with all of this on the table Diaz who, unlike his opponent works his grappling, will bring the win home. 

Prediction: Noel Diaz. 

Regardless of who you are pulling for in this fight, you have to have respect for both of these warriors and their managers. Good Luck to both fighters tomorrow night! I have this saved on my PBP

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Auric Gallahad Twitter page: Hey guys I have great news in preparing for my upcoming title fight at Island Gym the coaches had a special surprise for me and know I have been training hard for this day to come and gave me my purple belt in bjj. Heading into the rest of this prep training with super high energy and pride.

• Upvote 1

Highland 74 

35w17.jpg  Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Torhte Finlayson

{6} Mara Tantor vs Torthe Finlayson {C}

205 lbs, Highland
Light Heavyweight Title

In regards to Finlayson and Tantor Highland fans are in for what may very well be the fight of the night. These two knockout artists will collide later this evening in a spectacle that is sure to bring down the house. Torthe Gingy Bear Finlayson (10-0) has hands down the best record in all of Highland. His impressive undefeated run shows an incredible ten martial artists who have all suffered a disastrous knockout finish by the Scottish 205lber. His opponent for the Light Heavyweight crown holds some unique similarities to himself with an impressive knockout run of his own. Undefeated Mara Tantor (5-0) has knocked out all five of his opponents as well. Although significantly less experienced in his career than the sitting champion, Tantor has an impeccable percentage of first round knockout wins. Fight fans are in for an absolute clash of fists with both hellbent on putting the other to sleep violently. As a fight fan, the main two fights we should look to are Tantor vs Ruiha and Finlayson vs Lachmann. It was in both of these matches that we saw the fighters of this evenings co-main event get truly tested. We watched Tantor display high accuracy against his opponent to unleash a devilish cut that would stop the fight. Although dragged to the third round, his opponent was able to land strikes of his own and have some success mainly outside of the clinch. When it came to the Finlayson fight against Lachmann, we witnessed Lachmann score a takedown from the clinch. Now this begs the question, does Tantor have ground and pound ability? If he does, we may see the champion succumb to a heavy handed challenger. If he doesnt and he stays on the feet, will his inexperience prove to be his downfall in this matchup? Undoubtedly for Finlayson, Tantor is the toughest challenge of his career and one strike from Tantor can end the fight and see him lift the belt. 

Prediction: Finlayson. It is hard to bet against the champ. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Schlunckr DieselMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Obel Ixtlan

{1} Diesel vs Ixtlan {7} 
heavyweight matchup

In a match up that is less known about, but truly should not be, we see two of the sports biggest step into the cage with the intention of putting the other out cold. Schlunckr Diesel (8-3) who is related to tonights defending champion, steps in to display his aggressive knockout striking against Obel "Menhir" Ixtlan (5-1) an opponent who burries his fist into his opponents skull. These two powerful hitters are the very defintion of strikers. When they step into the ring, fight fans know they are looking to put their opponent away and rapidly. Between the two fighters we have a safe bet that this fight ends in the first round. Both of these men have also been tko'd before as well leaving it to question who walks away from this match unscathed, and my answer is neither. Being that Diesel is the number one ranked guy in the division, it will be interesting to see if he pulls this victory off and solidifies a title shot for himself in the coming weeks against the champion. I believe we will see both of these guys stand infront of each other and violently swing until the other collapses. I do not see this match going past the first minute by any means. 

Prediction: Diesel scores the victory.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Murtaz Vatsadze  Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Sonatane Veainu

{1} Vatsadze vs Veainu {2} 
Light heavyweight Fight

The top two contenders in the Light heavyweight division go head to head later this evening in what is expected to be an electrifying occasion. Since Vatsadze has lost his title shot opportunity to Finlayson on June 4th, he has been anxious to get back in there. Now under new management with Al Van Dal, Vatsadze is looking like a killer every time he steps in the ring. Infact, he scored two of his fastest victories under Al Dal, five days apart. Vatsadze is an aggressive machine and despite his skill set improving he is truly a different fighter. He looks forward on welcoming the  IXF champion Veainu into the ring in what should be a compelling matchup to say the least. Veainu, a knockout artist in his own right, has brought down every fighter apart from one, Finlayson. Now the champion of IXF looks to get back in the conversation with taking on the GOAT Finlayson but he would have to wreck his opponent before him to do that. This match will be hard to choose one over the other, Veainu who is on a seven fight win streak has knocked out all of his opponents and most in the first round. His unbeaten run may come to an end as the recently over aggressive Vatsadze stands across from him. As fight fans we can expect a slugfest and potentially a knockout of the night. According to recent reports, Veainu seems to be looking past Vatsadze which i feel is the most dangerous thing he can do. Vatsadze has recently been compared to a young mike tyson and that his fire in fighting is back. Both of these men will step in with something to prove and tonight we will see who gets the win. Veainus coaches have expressed the reality that there are multiple holes in Vatsadzes game that he has yet to correct. 

Prediction: I think Veainu proves why he is the champ and gets the win. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Ludwig Lachmann  Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Jermaine Ferret

Ludwig Lachmann vs Jermaine Ferret
Light heavyweight Match

Lachmannn vs Ferret sees two talented martial artists collide later this evening. Lachmann (7-3), who just recently had a matchup against the title holder in Finlayson, is looking to get back on the winning side by stopping a veteran in Jermaine Ferret (3-5). Lachmann holds a brown belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu and is very active with it submitting seven opponents with his nasty armbars and one rear naked. Ferret who has never been submitted holds a white belt and will look to keep this fight standing at all costs. Knowing that Lachmann will want to get this fight to the ground and preventing him to do that will be the major battle for Ferret. If Ferret can keep this fight standing we can safely assume that he will box his way to a decision victory or stunning tko stoppage. Ludwigs experience plays a critical role in this matchup and his ability to read the game and adapt his game plan to solidify the win is enough to put my money on him.

Prediction: Lachmann with the submission of the night. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Actually im little surprised that Tantor lost. On paper that fight looked quite bad, but i believe in Tantors future. Two totally differend sliders and one got energy and won. 94% morale after loss seems nice.

One thing that i dont like is that island is ending in 1,5 months. There is change that Tantor will get title shot maybe at last weeks or not. Doesent really matter Tantor will anyway get hes rematch at the end tournament.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've got a couple of minutes free so I'm going to bang out a rapid preview of the title fights tonight.

NEEDLE DICK (11-1) ? Vs TITUS LESNAR (8-1)

The heavyweight title is on the line, Dick defending against Lesnar, it's Highland 41 on May 10th all over again. What a mad turn of events. Dick wins the belt, Titus beats him, Mihaylov swoops in and stops Lesnar, we have the Maro Pjetlic Vs Adrik Mihaylov duo of fights before Needle Dick regains the belt and his first challenger? Titus Lesnar. Damn.

And let's not forget, this is Storman Norman Vs Arcalimon. These are two of the most bonafide legendary managers of Highland that we've ever seen.

Dick has a brutal clinch game that can break anyone down, while Lesnar is looking for that smashing machine ground and pound from the top.

Last time these two fought, Dick managed to keep it standing early and work his boxing, however Lesnar wouldn't be denied and landed takedowns as the fight went on, finishing the champ early in round 3. However, Lesnar was quickly beat by the clinch game of Mihaylov after, so we know he might struggle in that area.

With this being the only blemish on Needle's record, you know he's desperate to pull it back. But Lesnar feels he's got his number and while Lesnar is the thorn in Dick's side, Lesnar doesn't feel Needle is a thorn in his. Lesnar might even be looking ahead, hoping Mihaylov gets a win earlier in the night so they can eye up a future showdown.

This is as big as it gets.

CATHAIR MCKAY (9-1) ? Vs HAYATO SAKURABA (5-1)

He wouldn't be denied and now Ireland sits back on the throne. Despite a slip up against Vai Crackudo back in May, McKay went on a killing spree, knocking out his next 3 in the first round and regaining his title, albeit against Ottaa Koppia. With some of the most viscous power we have in all of Highland, McKay is terrifying to anyone he comes up against.

But Hayato Sakuraba on the other hand comes from perhaps the most accomplished Highland team we've got around today. Partial Differential Equation King has gone 15-5 in his last 20 in Highland, including 6 title fights and Maurice Tillet conquering 170lbs. This established, championship confident is going to be instilled on Sakuraba who wants to take the fight down and win by strikes or submission.

This is interesting because either we've never seen someone really try, or no one McKay usually fights wants to grapple. Sakuraba could bring an interesting twist here and he himself has never been finished, but you have to think if McKay lands cleanly, that'll change very very quickly.

• Upvote 2

After tonight, a little announcement. I've updated the Hall of Fame with the fighters from Highland Games, Highland Challengers, Highland Island and Highland Kickboxing who made the most sense. Those names are;

But I have added another addition to this, so I'd like to welcome Power Shark to the Highland Hall of Fame.

POWER SHARK

Mixed Martial Arts Management - Power Shark

Power Shark is as legitimate as it gets as a Highland fighter.
With 8 championship reigns, with 5 fighters and a total of 18 defences as of writing this induction, Power Shark also has two separate fighters in the Hall of Fame and is certain to have many more before all is said and done.
A true Highland warrior for over 6 years, we welcome Power Shark / Storman Norman to the Hall of Fame.

Congratz man.

(I think it goes without saying we're going to have another name next month, but we'll get to that when the time comes haha)

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

After tonight, a little announcement. I've updated the Hall of Fame with the fighters from Highland Games, Highland Challengers, Highland Island and Highland Kickboxing who made the most sense. Those names are;

But I have added another addition to this, so I'd like to welcome Power Shark to the Highland Hall of Fame.

POWER SHARK

Mixed Martial Arts Management - Power Shark

Power Shark is as legitimate as it gets as a Highland fighter.
With 8 championship reigns, with 5 fighters and a total of 18 defences as of writing this induction, Power Shark also has two separate fighters in the Hall of Fame and is certain to have many more before all is said and done.
A true Highland warrior for over 6 years, we welcome Power Shark / Storman Norman to the Hall of Fame.

Congratz man.

(I think it goes without saying we're going to have another name next month, but we'll get to that when the time comes haha)

Thanks man, the Highland brand is awesome and I for one appreciate the time and effort put into it.  No one can question your dedication to it. With so many fighters and managers signed, it has to be a hassle to deal with sometimes.  

As for Needle Dick, i thought he was fucked once Lesnar got mount in the first two minutes of Rd 1. Needle likes to stress me out and lose the first round of important fights.   

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, clydebankblitz said:

Damn Ikki you're pressuring me haha. I'll do something on my lunchbreak tomorrow for the title fights. You and Arc have been two of the biggest guys in the smack talk so makes it easy to talk about haha.

What? Gallahad is the respectful Damian Mia, Georges St. Pierre type of guy. He doesn't talk smack. But speaks true. 

• Upvote 1

HIGHLAND 76

Maurice Tillet (9-1) ? Vs Auric Gallahad (5-0)

Well what can you say about Maurice Tillet? A two time champion, he got caught in a guillotine by Odd Job back at Highland 25 but regained his title against the incredible Adam Shalashaska and has since defended twice. Tillet is shooting to add some stability to the to the WW division, but Auric Gallahad wants to upset everyone's plans.

Auric is 7 years younger than most fighters on the season, and we know for a fact that he won't be continuing with Highland after the season due to his age. But Auric doesn't give a damn. He wants to leave the Island with the belt on his shoulder and Callum McGregor can go order a new model from the shop. Auric has won all 5 of his Highland fights by submission, and with Tillet being a ground and pound master it might just give Tillet exactly what he wants.

Ikki, Auric's manager, is one of the most active in promoting his fighters. His excitement ahead of this fight is more than I see with most other fighters. Do I want Auric to win and potentially walk off with the Highland belt? No comment. But the one thing you can be sure is this fight will spill to the floor and someone is getting TKOd or tapped, and probably quickly.

Noel Diaz (9-0) ? Vs Bosque Trabuco (4-1)

The most exciting man in Highland history, undefeated Noel Diaz has won the belt at Bantamweight, beating the likes of Jobber Joe and Millard Masters. He's won the belt at Featherweight, beating Remi Chavski and Miguel Souza and now he's got the Lightweight championship on his shoulder after submitting Kranckx Diesel. What a man.

Diaz is a submission machine, but we know he's got some stand up in his locker as well. That won't be great news for Bosque Trabuco who maybe has found himself in the right place at the right time.

While Trabuco beat Matt Starr and Johnny Tanner, who wouldn't be considered at the top of the division, both Starr and Tanner got a crack at the belt previously. His last win over Kofi Ousmane is very respectable. He can finish the fight on the feet but he's also quite happy to go the distance if need be, something Diaz has yet to do.

However if you're talking about cardio? Diaz has finished 3 of his 9 fights in the championship rounds, and another 2 in the third round. Diaz has endless cardio and even if you come out strong, he can last in the cage and get you later if need be.

I'd be remiss not to admit that this is a hell of a challenge for Bosque Trabuco, but it's also the opportunity he's waited his whole life for. Let's see what he makes of it.

• Like 2

THE ISLAND MMA SHOW:

Sanka Coffee: Hi again guys I am producing another great show bringing you the news and exclusive interview with a new champion at Highland in the 170 pound division. You have seen him on the show before everyone listening in call in and give a shot out to Auric Gallahad. That's right folks something new bringing to this episode call in and talk to the man himself. Hey Auric how does it feel to be the champion?

Auric Gallahad: It feels like a dream come true. And feels a bit unreal all at the same time. I don't think it has fully hit me yet.

Sanka Coffee: Oh take it from me it will hit you. Oh got someone on the line. Hello caller! What's your name?

Brad: Yeah my name is Brad.

Sanka Coffee: Hello there Brad, tell us what would like to say Auric here or ask him?

Brad: Yeah Auric I just saw your fight on youtube. I'm in Omaha, Nebraska so I couldn't see it live. But congratulations on the win and the title. That triangle choke was DEEP. Is it true you are the youngest champion in Highland history?

Auric Gallahad: I don't know about the youngest in the history of Highland but certainly the youngest by far this season. Which thanks for bringing that up. Really adds the pressure to me.

Sanka Coffee: Thank you Brad. So Auric and nevermind we have another caller. Hello caller! What's your name?

Jessica: Hi my name is Jessica.

Sanka Coffee: Hi there Jessica what do you have to say to Auric?

Jessica: Hi Sanka glad to be on your show. Auric I heard you have a title defense already scheduled and it's against submission artist sensation Adam Shalashaska. He's going to submit you and take your belt and become a 2 time champion.

Auric Gallahad: Well Jessica that is certainly in the realm of possibilities. I will say this one way or another unlike some of his matches against fellow grapplers that has gone to decision 5 rounds with me one of us is going to tap. Yes he the best submission artist I will have faced yet and I believe he does have the ability to submit me, but I'm not I think I have the ability to be the first to submit him.

Sanka Coffee: Thank you Jessica for calling in. Going into your title fight with Tillet you talked about how much you respected the guy and it sounds like you have respect for Adam as well. Tell me do you still have a ton of respect for Tillet even after you submitted him in the first round?

Auric Gallahad: Absolutely. Beating him hasn't tarnished my respect for Tillet. He is still a great fighter and one of the best champions that I have seen in Highland. He is the second guy to ever rock me. And I don't think he fought me like he normally would have fought someone. I feel like he played more my game than his. It might be out of the respect he has for my submission game. I'm not sure. But he wasn't as aggressive on top as he normally is. That allowed me the opening I needed to get the triangle choke. Now that could be he was busy fighting off my submission attempts that he wasn't free enough to be as active as he would of liked to have been either. I really couldn't say. Only Tillet knows the answer to that. But I still have a lot of respect. And of course I have respect for Adam. Most don't know this but watching online footage of a couple of his grappling move vids online is what inspired me to start grappling. I mean I was already starting to wrestle so it seemed like a good thing to add. Now I'm a champion and getting to defend my belt against a guy that inspired my craft. I mean who could ask for a bigger honor to share a cage with than that?

Sanka Coffee: Wow I had no idea that Adam is why you started grappling. Now I am already getting goosebumps for this fight. Tune in for our next show.

7 hours ago, clydebankblitz said:

You know what? He might actually be the youngest in history.

Well they say you aren't really a true a champion until you have successfully defended your title so let's see if he can make it out of there against Adam Shalashaska with the belt still in tact. It's another no small order task for sure.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Diaz vs Green HL

Diaz drops Green with a hook right on the temple. He thinks about going to the ground but Green looks back up at him and smiles so Diaz waves him back to his feet - he obviously thinks he can knock him out after that shot landed.
The fans in attendance giving it up for the two fighters, who have really let it all hang out in the last minute or so!
Diaz drops a shoulder and throws a monster hook that connects perfectly to the side of Green's head, knocking him out cold!

Diaz is extatic as he celebrates with his cornermen.

Nate Diaz Father GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16148243972597.jpg

Walter Waters

People always tell me I'm a boring fighter, even once had a little kid come up to me and he told me to stop fighting like a pussy. So to appease the rabid fans, there you go I actually hit a guy and got a TKO. It's not fault that my knuckles are softer than most MMA Tycoon users. Might get another finish win in the future but, I do like those judges saying I win after I spend three rounds having a hugging fight with my opponent. Hate those dam sub fighters though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oops shoulda changed sliders today?  was a busy day at work.   7 days injures not too bad considering Lol lets get Dick back in there with someone!   Fucking one body shot and 'breathing heavy'  he was instafucked Lol.   I knew what came next, lots of unanswered hits and a dead fighter ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

14 hours ago, Arcalimon said:

Diaz vs Green HL

Diaz drops Green with a hook right on the temple. He thinks about going to the ground but Green looks back up at him and smiles so Diaz waves him back to his feet - he obviously thinks he can knock him out after that shot landed.
The fans in attendance giving it up for the two fighters, who have really let it all hang out in the last minute or so!
Diaz drops a shoulder and throws a monster hook that connects perfectly to the side of Green's head, knocking him out cold!

Diaz is extatic as he celebrates with his cornermen.

Nate Diaz Father GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Diaz deciding he wanted to keep it standing despite being the submission guy is pretty badass not gonna lie.

13 hours ago, TheBuster said:

16148243972597.jpg

Walter Waters

People always tell me I'm a boring fighter, even once had a little kid come up to me and he told me to stop fighting like a pussy. So to appease the rabid fans, there you go I actually hit a guy and got a TKO. It's not fault that my knuckles are softer than most MMA Tycoon users. Might get another finish win in the future but, I do like those judges saying I win after I spend three rounds having a hugging fight with my opponent. Hate those dam sub fighters though.

I never would have guessed Waters and Johnson together was going to end up as a stoppage haha.

10 hours ago, skull said:

Oops shoulda changed sliders today?  was a busy day at work.   7 days injures not too bad considering Lol lets get Dick back in there with someone!   Fucking one body shot and 'breathing heavy'  he was instafucked Lol.   I knew what came next, lots of unanswered hits and a dead fighter ?

Dick will 100% have at least another fight before the seasons done. Amaru has turned into one of the hardest hitters we've got and HW has been absolutely wild this season.

Needle Dick looked unstoppable, only to get beat by Titus Lesnar.

Titus gets beat in his very next fight Vs Mihaylov.

Mihaylov draws with Pejic and then loses it to him with no successful defences.

Pejic drops it back to Needle.

Needle again looks dominant, even avenging his loss to Titus.

Needle drops it to Amaru.

This isn't including all the top contenders like Koto Show, Schlunckr Diesel, Rashid Elkhan, Rav Kapur etc.

• Upvote 1

HIGHLAND 82

Highland 82 is one of those events you will not want to miss. In just a few short hours, the entire makeup of Highland could change. The Light heavyweight, Welterweight, Middleweight, and Featherweight titles are all on the line in what should be a night filled with phenomenal finishes and potentially shocking upsets! My name is Tycoon Hec and because this is a preview just a few moments before the card gets underway, we are going to get going quickly. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Murtaz VatsadzeMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Torhte Finlayson

205 lbs, Highland

Murtaz Vatsadze vs Torhte "Gingy Bear" Finlayson 

Light Heavyweight Title Match

It is the third time these two square off. A rivarly unlike many others. The gingy bear, Torhte Finlayson (12-0) is the best Light Heavyweight fighter in the Island and for a third time takes on one of his bitter rivals in Murtaz Vatsadze (9-2). Vatsadze has only two losses and both come from being defeated by Finlayson. After his most recent loss, he parted ways with his manager Optimal MMA Picks and joined Al Van Dals team. Since his transition over with Al Van Dal life has gone arguably better. He has two of his fastest victories in his career with one coming in 37 seconds and another coming just past 90 seconds. It is fair to say that Vatsadze is a different beast under Van Dal, a more hungry and aggressive one with killer instincts. It is vital that Finlayson, who has defeated Vatsadze twice before recognize that this truly is a new and improved fighter and his tactics will most likely be a little different. Given any notice to his previous fights, it may be one where Finlayson may wish to tread with a new perspective on his opponent. That shared, Finlayson has one more fight in experience and has fought the very best light heavyweights every fight for his entire career and knocking each one of them out cold. In preparation for this fight fans, all I can say is one guy is certainly going lights out before the end of the first round. 

Prediction: Fight ends under two minutes in the first round. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Adam ShalashaskaMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Auric Gallahad

205 lbs, Highland

Adam Shalashaska vs Auric Gallahad

Welterweight Title Match

"Revolver Ocelot" Adam Shalashaska (11-1) looks to dethrone the newly crowned champion, Auric Gallahad (6-0) after he caught Maurice Tillet in a most beautiful triangle submission a few weeks back. There is no denying that Adam Shalashaska is one of the absolute best welterweights on the Island and by the end of today, he looks to prove himself to be the best by submitting a man who is also known as a submission specialist in Gallahad. Between the two fighters, there are 15 submission victories between them and a shared 4 submission of the night award. Neither guy has actually been submitted themselves, at least not in competition, so it will be interesting to see what goes down this today and if they choose to grapple or if they choose to strike instead. Shalashaska will see himself as the one with the major advantage given his higher belt rank and even depth of experience doubling the amount of fights Gallahad has had, he also holds a submission victory over one of the best in the Island, Dick Winters. Despite his incredible CV, Auric Gallahad has submitted every opponent he has faced, never lost, and has beaten the guy that beat Shalashaska. With this knowledge going into the bout it is sure to be an intense battle for control as both guys look to prove to be the better grappler. 

Prediction: Adam Shalashaska gets the win. Submitting his opponent in the championship rounds.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Keke KiviMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Hayato Sakuraba

205 lbs, Highland

Keke Kivi vs Hayato Sakuraba

Middleweight Title Match

One of the most exciting fights on todays card for me personally is the matchup between two of the Middleweight best in Keke Kivi (8-1) and Hayato Sakuraba (6-1). Sakuraba had recently acquired the belt after stopping one of the most fearsome middleweights in all of Highland, Cathair McKay submitting him via guillotine. Fight fans were in disbelief that the guy who had little experience was able to shut out one of the best champions we have seen in Highland and now eagerly await to see him defend his title. Later today, "Mach" will be taking on Keke Kivi, the knockout artist from Finland. This match is a true mixed martial arts match and honestly, why I love Highland so much. If Sakuraba can get this fight to the ground, which i truly believe he can, he will find it fairly easy to hold Kivi down and submit him. The problem he will have his getting the fight to the ground while not taking too many punches from Kivi. Kivi has been known to stop guys who have not been stopped and the former champion believes that he has it within him to become the champion once more before this season of the Island is finished. I assume we will see both men start off with some serious caution in hopes to not get caught by the other in a situation they do not want to be in. Sakuraba is not as skilled as a wrestler as his opponent Kivi so he will have to disguise his takedown attempt or look to pull guard. Kivi will probably aim to be precise and flurry his opponent with strikes to get the win. Either way, this is one of those matches that fight fans will enjoy from start to finish. MY PREDICTION for fight of the night.

Prediction: Sakuraba gets the submission victory late in the first. 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Remi ChavaskiMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Miguel Azevedo Souza

205 lbs, Highland

Remi Chavski vs Miguel Azevedo Souza

Featherweight Title Match

The Featherweight warriors start our championship fights off! Brown belt vs Brown Belt. Tez's Stand and Bang vs Island Gym! Ladies and Gentleman is this going to be one for the record books. Chavski vs Souza two of the very best grapplers look to submit the other and lay claim to the glorious Featherweight Title. Remi Chavski is considered by many to be an undeniably force on the ground submitting foes as if his life depended on it. With five first round submissions it is clear to see why BJJ fans get so excited every time he steps in. Taking on Miguel Souza will be one of the most difficult challenges of his career. Souza, who has seven first round finishes of his own and has previously held the title looks to bring the belt back to his gym by any means necessary. I got the chance to check out Miguels gym and he trains with numerous champions. One of them, Timur Vasilev, shared with me that despite his weight he hits hard and he would not be surprised to see Souza get a knockout victory over Chavski. This is after all a mixed martial arts matchup one where the martial arts is not limited to one type. Remi Chavski, who has reportedly focused solely on his ground game believes that his ground game is superior to his opponents and if this ends up on the ground it will be him going home with his hand raised. 

Prediction: Remi Chavski gets the job done! 

Other Matchups you may wish to see: 

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Vai CrackudoMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Neuzvarams Semyorka

Vai Crackudo vs Neuzvarams Semyorka

Middleweight Match

Vai Crackudo makes his return under new manager Kishion Matthew, the owner of Synchronicity. Vai Crackudo is looking to get one more shot at the title before all is said and done. Vai, previously known as the knockout specialist and former champion of Highland was once feared by many of his opponents for how dangerous he was in the cage. He looks to welcome his opponent Neuvarams Semyorka to the cage in a match that is sure to be electrifying. Semyorka has been recently sharing how Crackudo doesnt look the same and has pointed to his morale to be the leading cause of his belief that he will win. Semyorka holds the power to put Vai away and plans to do that before the end of the night. 

Prediction: Vai Crackudo gets the knockout.

Mixed Martial Arts Fighter - Marlin PaschalMixed Martial Arts Fighter - Rashid Elkhan

Marlin Paschal vs Rashid Elkhan

Heavyweight Matchup

One of my favorite Highland fighters makes his return after being stopped looking for gold, Rashid Elkhan (5-1) looks to get back on the winning side of things when he takes on an all around martial artist in Marlin Paschal (4-4). Gym mates have claimed that Elkhan should win as his dominating punches will be the reason why Paschal gets his fifth loss. That may certainly be the case but we have never seen Elkhan lose before and bounce back from that, there is a lot of questions to how he will perform and Marlin, who has no fear, will step in there looking to score a knockout over the guy who has just been stopped by Needle Dick. 

Prediction: Rashid Elkhan brings home the W 

Good luck to all the fighters and managers as we approach the end of Highland! May the best men win. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1