Wages for Coaches

To anyone out there who has already started up a gym, I'd really appreciate your input. Obviously, I wouldn't want you to give away your costs, etc. to your customers, so please PM me with any replies, and I promise to keep the information confidential. I understand, of course, that you may not be willing to share this information with a potential competitor, but if your information is particularly helpful, I'm sure we can work out some kind of arrangement that will be beneficial for us both (E.G. profit-sharing, free/discounted training for your fighters, etc.).

I am thinking about starting up a gym with a bit of a different training and promotional model, but need to get some idea of how much good coaches' wages cost to see if the business is viable the way I would like to do it. I am interested in hiring three to four coaches who are "Exceptional" or better in their respective disciplines, preferably "Elite". I would like two of my coaches to also be "Respectable" or better in a second discipline.

If any of you can give me a ballpark figure for what coaches of that calibre would cost, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I'd be interested in knowing what it costs to maintain equipment and facilities.

Thanks in advance for all replies!

To anyone out there who has already started up a gym, I'd really appreciate your input. Obviously, I wouldn't want you to give away your costs, etc. to your customers, so please PM me with any replies, and I promise to keep the information confidential. I understand, of course, that you may not be willing to share this information with a potential competitor, but if your information is particularly helpful, I'm sure we can work out some kind of arrangement that will be beneficial for us both (E.G. profit-sharing, free/discounted training for your fighters, etc.).

I am thinking about starting up a gym with a bit of a different training and promotional model, but need to get some idea of how much good coaches' wages cost to see if the business is viable the way I would like to do it. I am interested in hiring three to four coaches who are "Exceptional" or better in their respective disciplines, preferably "Elite". I would like two of my coaches to also be "Respectable" or better in a second discipline.

If any of you can give me a ballpark figure for what coaches of that calibre would cost, it would be greatly appreciated!

Also, I'd be interested in knowing what it costs to maintain equipment and facilities.

Thanks in advance for all replies!

lol... my only advice is.. don't start a gym in Vegas.

Just kidding.. kinda.. but pm me if you have any other questions...

Before i started a gym i actually opened one up... just checked out trainer cost ** BUT DID NOT HIRE ANY OR SPEND ANYTHING ** and then closed the gym... it automatically paid back my loan, and because I didn't spend anything I didn't lose anything.

Be very carefull though... but that will give you an idea as to how much trainers and expenses are...

it's tough, I'll tell you that much. And with the momentum some gyms have going, it makes it even harder.

lol... my only advice is.. don't start a gym in Vegas.

Just kidding.. kinda.. but pm me if you have any other questions...

Before i started a gym i actually opened one up... just checked out trainer cost ** BUT DID NOT HIRE ANY OR SPEND ANYTHING ** and then closed the gym... it automatically paid back my loan, and because I didn't spend anything I didn't lose anything.

Be very carefull though... but that will give you an idea as to how much trainers and expenses are...

it's tough, I'll tell you that much. And with the momentum some gyms have going, it makes it even harder.

p.s.

The coaches you are looking to hire will be very expensive for a new gym. don't hire trainers you can't afford.