Sparring

2 sessions = 1 day -- thats fine you wont get any emails or diminishing returns --- back to back days you will get diminishing returns and probably get email from fighter ---- yes 3 days a week or every other day seems to work okay -- although by the 3rd day you do use more energy during the sparring then normal but no pissed off fighters sending you emails -- or at least i havent yet

2 sessions = 1 day -- thats fine you wont get any emails or diminishing returns --- back to back days you will get diminishing returns and probably get email from fighter ---- yes 3 days a week or every other day seems to work okay -- although by the 3rd day you do use more energy during the sparring then normal but no pissed off fighters sending you emails -- or at least i havent yet

really? so 6 sessions done every other day is alright? except the higher drop in energy? no diminishing returns?

really? so 6 sessions done every other day is alright? except the higher drop in energy? no diminishing returns?

well im just saying what i have noticed but it could change this week cause of last weeks sparring --- they hadnt done any the week before -- not quite sure how far back it goes checking for sparring so i could see diminishing returns this week but didnt really see any last week or no emails

It's also hard to notice diminishing returns since we don't have exact numbers, only --. -, + and ++.

Usually, you only notice diminishing returns when your dude has been on ++ for a week and still hasn't popped ;V

I've had sucess with 4 sessions spaced out through the week. Most I've ever done in a row is 3 and I didnt get a message. That 3rd session took a lot of energy out of my fighter though.

Usually, you only notice diminishing returns when your dude has been on ++ for a week and still hasn't popped ;V

Mike has said that you get a message after you hit the point of diminishing returns ... so no message from your fighter, no diminishing returns.

If you spar 3 sessions in a row of the same skill, you'll hit diminishing returns on the 3rd session. If you spar 5 session in a row using different skills, you'll hit diminishing returns on the 5th session. I've tried a lot of different combinations out since the sparring changes came out and those are the only triggers I've found so far.

Mike has said that you get a message after you hit the point of diminishing returns ... so no message from your fighter, no diminishing returns.

If you spar 3 sessions in a row of the same skill, you'll hit diminishing returns on the 3rd session. If you spar 5 session in a row using different skills, you'll hit diminishing returns on the 5th session. I've tried a lot of different combinations out since the sparring changes came out and those are the only triggers I've found so far.

Hope this is correct, thanks the experiment and the results posting :thumbup:

thanks, i was wondering what the limits were as well http://smiliesftw.com/x/Image3.gif

Since Sparring is discipline specific, does it help the overall skill? Or does it umbrella over all the aspects the particular discipline?

it gives tiny boost on your secondary skills but nothing close to what you need --- kinda the same as doing weights give you small speed boost

back to back days will give you diminishing returns even if its once per day?

to play it safe, i set the sparring schedule in my gym so that they're a day apart (i.e. monday pm / wednesday pm). even if it's only a minute diminishing return, i don't want to take the chance that i'm not maximizing my training potential

Thats very good to know and thanks for the info. After the system was changed I have only sparred every other day at most.

If you spar 5 sessions in a row using different skills, do you suffer increased energy loss? Or are you safe from that as well?

how do you define spar 5 sessions in a row? spar all day monday (am-pm), tuesday (am-pm) and just wednesday (am)?

has anyone tried sparring every morning session for a week alternating between disciplines?