Island Tournament - The dwarves have marched in

Xyel

Xyel's Cheese Factory is proud to present it's two newest products, who have set out for the Island's gold.

16074094317073.jpg
Balin Trollslayer

Balin, named Trollslayer because he once saw someone kill a troll on TV, is at 265 pounds, combined score of 8 - 1 in real fights, and ranks 7 among heavy weights.

Balin features a deadly array of hiddens, in particular, he Prefers Standup, Hates Pizza, is Good in bed,  and happens to be Experienced.

The fact that he is on my roster is truly a product of its time, because after I had just spend ~300 VIP days on rolling some decent 370k-ers (got 2 good ones,  2 okay ones, but that one of the good ones was a cheesy tournament build) , I really didn't feel like throwing away VIP days on Island fighter rerolls, so here comes Balin.

He's got zero ko power, but since he's a heavy weight and usually fights white belts, he still has 7 KOs out of the 8 wins.

And the one loss? Well, Balin tapped like a little bitch the moment he met a competent wrestler:

Balin-Subbed.png

Unluckily for Balin, his first round's opponent is Dick Hickock, who can actually grapple. Will Balin, once again, tap at the first sign of danger?

Tune in in a couple of days to find out.

16074094357593.jpeg
Dwalin Giantslayer

Dwalin is the spiritual brother of Balin. Named Giantslayer because he thought giants were cooler than trolls, he fights at 265+ pounds because Louie needed some fighters for the 265+ division, and he's at 4 - 0, not counting the test fight.

His origin story is similar to brother. Dwalin rolled Cuts Easily, but I couldn't be arsed to spend VIP days on this waste of a slot, so Dwalin got to stay.

Why did I do a test fight when I sacked neither Cuts Easily nor Prefers Standup?

Well, do I look like a man with a plan?

But anyway, back to Dwalin. Since his manager is a slacker, he has only fought four times to stop himself from depopping.

On the other hand, he actually has some ko power. Still below average, but not negative like Dwalin has. 

He might have no chin... or a good one, there's no way to tell, because Dwalin has been punched precisely once in his entire career, and the punch was into the body, so that could not had knocked him out. Terribly choice by the opponent, but I digress.

For the first round, Dwalin is fighting a white belt that can't even wrestle, so I'm looking forward to the second round :)

• Upvote 4

The first round is over, and dwarven march continues!

16074094317073.jpg

Balin gave Hickock almost three minutes to sub him. That didn't happen, so Balin got into mount and delivered a humiliating KO.

image.png

For the next round, Balin faces Deejay Dawkings who's, unfortunately, another serious opponent. It's the first truly MMA fighter Balin will face, so he's got an opportunity to get knocked out both on the feet and on the ground.

I'm not terribly happy about the matchup, but ah well, Balin will need to rise to the ocassion.

16074094357593.jpeg

Dwalin took the first punch of his career. He survived, and the opponent was so shocked that he got immediately taken down and cut up so badly the doctor ran in screaming to stop the bout.

image.png

For the semifinals (yeah, shw bracket is that small), Dwalin will fight Torasso Fisticufs.

On the plus side, Torasso has a white belt, so the dwarven smackdown is inevitable if the match hits the mat. On the downside, he's a competent wrestler and actually has some KO power, while Dwalin's chin is more of an illusion than anything else.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clydebankblitz said:

Noel Diaz - 15-1.....and it happened by split decision. It finally happened.

We're left with just three undefeated fighters in the competition; Kazuo Takashi, Torhte Finlayson, and against all odds, Kwasi Kwong.

This is in the wrong thread obviously haha.

But the dwarves are still unstopped. Two fights to go to ultimate victory!