What is the deal with height?

IconManagement

This season and my first season of Island is over now. While I am satisfied with my own performance having been able to test different sliders setting and their effect on actual matches I have been starting to wonder about fighter height and just how much of an effect does it have.

Here is what mmatycooninfo states about height: "Taller people will have a natural reach advantage and in turn will have more chance of landing strikes when in the standup position. However, they are also easier to take down and easier to sub because of their lanky limbs. Basically anything you'd expect in real life." I suppose this is in relation to your opponents height. It would not make a whole lot sense any other way. However does this not open the gates of min maxing your fighter in a way you get "unrealistic" results. Here is recent example from The Island:

Balin Trollslayer

https://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=373423

Rather nice idea from his manager and move power to him. Fantastic fighter and great manager.

this being said...

So here you have 150 cm "tall" HW fighter. Basically a midget who happens to weight 265 lbs. Now obviously he will always be much shorter than his opponent so according to wiki he should have easier time to both take down and sub his opponents. Now if we take a look at actual results on his matches we can see that he had absolutely no issues taking his opponents down. In fact he could take all and everyone down to ground at will. His opponent never had a chance to landing any punches etc. Too bad he was not also submission expert so I can not see what his sub% would have been. Anyway it would seem effect of height difference seems to be significant and meaningful.

So what is the deal here? Want to have a GnP or submission expert guy? Just do something like 100-160 cm to min max the fighter.