UFC 97

BootyDaddy

I thought it was pretty good. I am not one of those people that thinks Silva has to win every fight in the first round.

I dont feel like he has to win in the first either... but I was certainly not impressed with either fighter in that fight. Leites was too afraid of silva's standup to stay on the feet and Silva was apparently too afraid of Leites' submissions to risk ending up in his guard. Although I put the majority of blame for a boring fight on Leites falling to his back any time silva got close... I fault silva for not having more of a killer instinct. Silva has some opportunities where he might've been able to finish the fight had he poured it on. An overly defensive silva is a boring silva. On a plus side, silva's td defense looked amazing compared to his past fights which makes me reevaluate the gsp/silva fantasy

I dont feel like he has to win in the first either... but I was certainly not impressed with either fighter in that fight. Leites was too afraid of silva's standup to stay on the feet and Silva was apparently too afraid of Leites' submissions to risk ending up in his guard. Although I put the majority of blame for a boring fight on Leites falling to his back any time silva got close... I fault silva for not having more of a killer instinct. Silva has some opportunities where he might've been able to finish the fight had he poured it on. An overly defensive silva is a boring silva. On a plus side, silva's td defense looked amazing compared to his past fights which makes me reevaluate the gsp/silva fantasy

LOL! leites took silva down & he didn't capitalized. why would you go to the ground when you're already standing? leites is good but not on the level of silva.

Silva/Leites takes the mantle of the most boring main event in UFC history. That was worse than Sylvia/Arlovski-3 and Sylvia/Monson.

I don't buy the "Shogun is back" talk, not yet. I think that fight revealed much more about Liddell's being completely done than it did about Shogun. I want to see Shogun against an up-and-commer in his prime. The fight I'd like to see made is Shogun/Thiago Silva. Thiago Silva isn't a pound-for-pound great but he's very solid. If Shogun could get a good win over a solid guy like him, I'd become much more interested in him.

I think Matyushenko vs Tito was probably worse, but it's close.

TJ Grant vs Ryo Chonan I think was probably the best fight of them all. TJ definetely looked better in the UFC than he has in the smaller shows. He came well prepared.

The best thing to happen was the return of Shogun. I'm kind of indifferent to Chuck, but it's sad to see any legend decline so quickly.

I rewatched the fight and I'd put sylvia/arlovski higher up in the boring category. The fans booing certainly made that fight seem worse than it was but it was still far from exciting. I am pumped to see what's gonna happen to shogun next though. I someone i'd like to see shogun against might be franklin, or even jones... but scheduling might make his next opponent a strange choice.

Screw it, throw Luis Cane against Shogun. Two killers going at it.....that'd be an exciting fight.

Not sure if they have any ties though that may make it impossible.

But really, it's a good fit. Both guys coming off Ws. Scheduling is perfect. Gives Shogun a fight against an "up and comer" to really proove if he's back and gives Cane a legitimate opponent who, if he beats, puts him into the clear top 10 for LHWs.

I think Matyushenko vs Tito was probably worse, but it's close.

TJ Grant vs Ryo Chonan I think was probably the best fight of them all. TJ definetely looked better in the UFC than he has in the smaller shows. He came well prepared.

The best thing to happen was the return of Shogun. I'm kind of indifferent to Chuck, but it's sad to see any legend decline so quickly.

Hell yeah man, TJ is a local boy around my parts, he looked great.

As far as worst fight, Arlovski/Sylvia 3 hands down.

Screw it, throw Luis Cane against Shogun. Two killers going at it.....that'd be an exciting fight.

Not sure if they have any ties though that may make it impossible.

But really, it's a good fit. Both guys coming off Ws. Scheduling is perfect. Gives Shogun a fight against an "up and comer" to really proove if he's back and gives Cane a legitimate opponent who, if he beats, puts him into the clear top 10 for LHWs.

cane was one of the first guys who came to mind, but I'm not sure what cane's ground game is like.. and if you lack sub defense then it'll be a quick night against shogun