Aggresive Striker vs Counter Puncher

Hello guys!!! Does anybody know what is the benefit of being the Counter Puncher in a match and whats the benefit of being a Aggressive Striker (Brawler) in a match????

well confidence is a hidden attribute -- and it states in wiki that a confident fighter will tend to move forward a lot, be more aggressive -- so i think this is something that either you got or dont got -- i have a couple guys that say counter puncher in their tale of the tape -- and then others say brawler, which would be aggressive -- so i think its something you learn with your fighter and start to set him up correctly

Brawler with KO power vs counter striker for title.

My counter striker wins via counters and point scoring.

i would say you won the fight cause you took him down at will and not because of strictly counter punching

The only reason I can think of to play with that slider is if you have an advantage or disadvantage in brawling. Or if your fighter has the hidden attribute of more moving forward does it also make him better in aggresive striking over counterstriking?

The only reason I can think of to play with that slider is if you have an advantage or disadvantage in brawling. Or if your fighter has the hidden attribute of more moving forward does it also make him better in aggresive striking over counterstriking?

I would think if your guy has good boxing and the opponent is a brawler you would want to pick him apart with counters I.E. Anderson Silva vs. Chris Leban rather than set him to full agressor but i don't know how it really works yet....just my guess and also setting more to counter will help stop takedowns from what i've read if you have good enough secondary attributes

well confidence is a hidden attribute -- and it states in wiki that a confident fighter will tend to move forward a lot, be more aggressive -- so i think this is something that either you got or dont got -- i have a couple guys that say counter puncher in their tale of the tape -- and then others say brawler, which would be aggressive -- so i think its something you learn with your fighter and start to set him up correctly
I think those tale of the tape attributes are related to the slider, not to the hidden skills. So if you set him to counter a lot, he'll get the "counter striker", and if you make him hyper aggressive he'll get the "brawler".

I think those tale of the tape attributes are related to the slider, not to the hidden skills. So if you set him to counter a lot, he'll get the "counter striker", and if you make him hyper aggressive he'll get the "brawler".

this is true. i've had the same fighter show "counter striker" and "brawler" in different fights depending on my slider settings.

So when do you guys set the slider to a counter and when to aggresion?

I really don't see benefits in striking advantages, if your more aggresive you'll throw more but you'll less if your more counterish you'll throw less but you hit more. So you don't hit more setting it to left or right, only percentagewise.

Isn't it more that if you set it to aggresive you'll fight more dangerously more to the KO instead of picking points so to say?

Where does it say that leaning more to counter helps against takedowns?

So when do you guys set the slider to a counter and when to aggresion?

I really don't see benefits in striking advantages, if your more aggresive you'll throw more but you'll less if your more counterish you'll throw less but you hit more. So you don't hit more setting it to left or right, only percentagewise.

Isn't it more that if you set it to aggresive you'll fight more dangerously more to the KO instead of picking points so to say?

Where does it say that leaning more to counter helps against takedowns?

if you're trying to counter someone, you'll see what's coming at you a lot easier than if you're just attacking them. hence, if you're set to counter, you'll have an easier time recognizing a takedown attempt.

beats me, it's just what i've seen :smile_anim:

I have to agree with this too - even if it doesn't say anything specific about this in the wiki, I have found from my past experience that having that slider set with less aggression lessens the chance that you will get hit OR taken down.

Everythings possible, even when you set it one millimeter from counter I think, just a smaller chance.

When put up against a good boxer replying with a lot of aggresion and more damage then accuracy doesn't seem illogical to.

Allso when more aggresive do you maybe get the takedown easier?