"VFC - Official Smack Talk Thread"

sgtlee33b

ISLAND MMA:

Chuck Finley: It's your pal Chuck Finley here reporting to you live from the island. I got a young kid here with me today Clint Rogers. Welcome Clint.

Clint Rogers. Thank you Chuck.

Chuck Finley: So tell the people a bit about yourself like where your from.

Clint Rogers: That's classified.

Chuck Finley: Ok what about what do you like to do.

Chuck Finley: Ok what about your friends or family?

Chuck Finley: Look I know a thing or two about classified. How about what bring you to the island?

Clint Rogers: Sorry that's classified.

Chuck Finley: Ok what do you know about your opponent?

Clint Rogers: His name is Bob Crawley he's from Belgium, 25 years of age, he weighs about 205 pounds, wrestles a little bit, and does some kickboxing and rumored to be in league with the Legion of Doom.

Chuck Finley: Wow 25 huh? Are you sure you are going to be ok aren't you like still in grade school or something?

Clint Rogers: I'll be fine. I'm 18. And I've had some training myself Chuck.

Chuck Finley: Look I can spot you covert ops guys a mile away. You're on a mission aren't you?

Clint Rogers: That's classified(classified).

Chuck Finley: Yeah yeah we get it. What happens if you lose?

Clint Rogers: I'm not sure. Try to find another way in I guess. Win or lose I have a job to do.

Chuck Finley: Well I'd ask our guest here some more information but I'm sure it's classified. Everyone have a good night.

• Like 1

Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Vandal Fight Club 1 It Has Begun at the Mirco Arena on the Island, I am the VFC fight commentator Hashmutallah Hotek.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy Kwanza, and Festivus for the Rest of Us heathens. Our inaugural fight is tomorrow for a Christmas Day bloodletting. We have four belts up for grabs in our first fight on the island and we are hoping for a handful of C and B list celebrities tonight in the front row, possible David Arquette, Jeff Lowe from the Tiger King and some YouTube stars that will be canceled in a week are two. But back to the important stuff, the fights.

Heavyweight Championship:
Keeping with the family affair that Christmas is, in our heavyweight match we got a brother against brother. Ace the younger of the Spade brothers plans to gain some respect from his older brother Jack. Something about always eating last when they were growing up and Jack hogging the PS2 when they were kids. Jack said, “I love Ace we’re family but everyone know he is a momma’s boy and there is a reason he eats at the kids table during the holidays, he is not ready for the big dogs.” Its rumored that Mom and Dad will be at the fight and they will be cheering on Ace, but that is some messed up family dynamics we don’t got time to dig into.

Light Heavyweight Championship:
We got Conan the Bavarian taking on Leon McClane. Both fighters have similar fighting style, but Leon seems to be the larger fighter which maybe an advantage in what looks to be a slug fest. Conan seemed pretty hyped on weight in day, we will see if that translates to any success in the cage tomorrow.

Middleweight Championship:
Daniel Submission is hoping to take the fight with Baysangur Usamov to the ground for a quick lesson in BJJ. Baysangur Usamov plans to put Daniel to sleep on his feet before it gets to the ground. Baysangur was heard in the prefight build up saying “He was here to fight not lay on the ground and hug each other, if Daniel wants to do that he can go to grinder not a MMA fight.”

Bantamweight Championship
Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson faces of against Kenton “The Kid” Tracks at 135lbs for the belt. The Kid will look to keep this on his feet where he is known for his sharp boxing while Mighty Mouse says he feels comfortable no matter where the fight goes. Not going to lie, both of these kids look like they could use a sandwich, I know I know, the Bantamweight fights are supposed be entertaining but they looked crack thin at the weight-ins, hopefully that doesn’t impact them in the cage.

Light Heavyweight Fight
Gero GOI vs Kenritsu Katsuyamakuroda at 205, these are two fighters with a lot of hype behind them for not having competed at the pro level yet. Gera is a well-rounded mix martial artist that seems to be part of the new hybrid fighters coming up that do not specialize in any particular fighting style but gear all their training towards MMA. Kenritsu has a strong wrestling base that he uses to keep the fight on its feet so he can put you to sleep. This will be an interesting fight that can put one of these young fighters in contention for a title shot.

Heavyweight Fight:
Oliver “OTown” Smith who hopes to keep this one on its feet vs Ned Bouillon, who is a dangerous BJJ brown belt. OTown said, “A lot of these pansies come in here trying to nickel and dime each other with slap boxing, I am going to cash a 50 on his ass, put him to sleep and then take his girl home.” Ned Bouillion seemed to laugh that off stating, “You can’t throw punches when you’re getting choked out….And.jokes on him…I don’t have a girlfriend.” Not going to lie that last part sounded kind of sad but maybe a win tomorrow can get him some luck with the ladies.

Heavyweight Fight:
Old Leg Tartakov vs Yovko Yovkov not only will give the ring announcers fits trying to pronounce those names but looks to be an interesting fight. Tartakov who was rumored to be on the Slovakia Juniors National team in Jujitsu looks to use his brown belt skills to tap out Yovko. Yovko who is a more rounded MMA fighter says, “I am not impressed with Slovakians BJJ skills and that in Bulgaria they train fighters to win on their feet or on the mat.” And hinted that Tartakov’s one dimensional fighting style will be his downfall, something about its hard to tap someone out when your getting punched in the face. It is hard to say his translator didn’t speak the best English.

Bantamweight Fight:
At 135lb you have Steven Seagull, not to be confused with the bloated actor Steven Seagal from the 80s and 90s, fighting “El Diablo” Rafael Soto. El Diablo looks to take this fight to the ground and use his superior BJJ skills to end send Seagull back to Detroit with a loss.

Light Heavyweight Fight:
At 205 we have another BJJ expert, brown belt Jonny “Arm” Bar taking on Kyree Suder. Should be an interesting fight with Kyree being a much stronger wrestler with a Greco Roman and high school wrestling base, but not sure how that will translate into MMA. The old adage that wrestlers don’t like fighting off their backs may come into play here. Kyree joked that Jonny got his brown belt via an online program, but there are numerous tapes of the Arm tapping out dozens of fighters in the Swedish national BJJ tourneys.

Heavyweight Fight:
We also have Mac Anudo facing off against Adracio Zalasat. Mac is a BJJ expert who stated, “his only real fear is having that tubby shit Zalasat land on him and crush him with his beer gut when he takes him down to choke him out.” Adracio stated that he isn’t fat, that it is fluid muscle on his waist and Mac will know the difference when he feels that power.

Looks like a good fight card lined up. We also would like to our sponsors Highland Clothing, the only quality fight apparel provider on the island that 100% guarantees that less than 60% of his merchandize is made in sweat shops, unlike his competitors that average around 90%. We also want to put a shout out to Micro Arena and crackhead Freddy who you will meet outside trying to scalp some overpriced tickets on the second floor of the Micro Arena, which only has one floor.

Please note that I am an independent contractor and the beliefs and statements above do not reflect on the management of Vandal Fight Club. That being said, I wanted to put a shout out to Thibodeaux’s Rogues for holding the first official fights of the Island season. I watched the fights and they were pretty good, so good here at Vandal Fight Club we are just going to play our copy of the fights for the audience as our prelim fights.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hashmutallah Hotek, here for the post-fight presser for VFC 1 at Micro Arena. First of all I wanted to say thank you to all the fighters, not a single decision on the night, hell yeah. We held 10 fights scheduled for 3 hours and finished in 30 minutes and 15 seconds. Only 1 fight made it out of the first round. Honestly I hope the boss Thomas “Tommy” Forrester gets a prorated rebate on this joint for us giving them 2 and half hours back. Do you know how much wasted research I had to do to cover that scheduled dead air between fights and rounds? I mean I was digging into where these guys went to high school, who they train with, their dreams and how sad their childhood was to make them sound interesting. Damn, I was forced to do a 15-minute interview with a very drunk David Arquette on the new Scream movie and his “career” as a professional wrestler, that never aired. I think I would rather go on a double date with Bill Cosby and Kevin Spacey that have to do that again, but I digress back to the fights.

First hats off to our four new Champions, our new Heavyweight Champion Jack Spade, Light Heavyweight Champion Leon McClane, Middleweight Champion Baysangur Usamov and Bantamweight Champion Demetrious Johnson. I understand that new strap on your waist feels good boys, but we want to see you defend it before we start calling you real champions.Let’s break these fights down

The Main Event
Kernritsu Katsuyamakuroda verse Gera GOI at light heavyweight. This fight didn’t last long, a little feeling each other out, no take down attempts and a scrap. Just a good old face smashing by Katsuyamakuroda. I know a few people thought the ref jumped in to soon, but Gera was out on his feet. His eyes did that Undertaker thing where they rolled back in his head. He was done.

The Co-main event for Light Heavyweight Belt
Leon “The Brain” McClane verse Conan The Bavarian for the light heavyweight belt. We knew that McClane packed some dynamite in his right hand but we didn’t expect him to turn Conan into a Bavarian Cream Puff in 2 minutes and 30 seconds. I know that The Bavarian has some scar tissue on his eyes, looks like a Diaz brother when it comes to getting cut. But there was a spot about 30 seconds into the fight where he took McClane down that looked like he could have the Brain in trouble. But McClane recovered quick and then beat him like he stole something. After the fight the Boss Tommy Forrester came in and announced that The Brain will be fighting Kyree Suder in the near future for his first title defense. I just want to put out there that Tommy Forrester is looking good, I heard he was out there working out at Headlock Holiday Gym he is looking buff, that and it looked like he got his Highland Clothing shirt at Baby Gap.

Undercard Bouts
We had Ned Bouillon verse Oliver Smith; this one was a speed verse power fight. Not going to lie to you Smith looks like a NFL Lineman swinging sledgehammers for hands. I was barely able to open my Whitelaw before he took 10 years off of Bouillon’s life. 5 seconds….now I tell my girlfriends that’s a long time but it’s not, that is possibly the fastest knockout in MMA history. It’s not like Bouillon has a glass jaw, but if you ever want to see what it looks like when someone gets CTE, just watch the 5 seconds that was that whole fight. I thought we were going to have to charge Smith with murder. But Bouillon got up, he did try to do an interview and raise his hand in victory, but we are not sure if he knew what decade he was in. He is being sent to the local vet's office for an MRI. In the future when we are more established the VFC does plan on getting some sort of medical coverage for its fighters. 

Undercard bout
Old Leg Tartakov and Yovko Yovkov at heavyweight. Both of them looked confused when they were called out of the back after 5 seconds, but they are professionals and got to business. This was going to be a fight of styles and Old Leg executed his plan perfectly, take Yovko down and beat the Yoko Ono out of him. In less than a minute he rag dolled Yovko to the ground and introduced his elbows and fist to his face, brutal to watch. But future opponents better not sleep on Yovko, Old Leg is an expectational wrestler, had he not put Yovko on his back this fight could have gone a completely different direction.

Undercard bout for Middleweight championship
Baysangur Usamov vs Daniel Submission for the middleweight championship. This was brute strength verse technique. Usamov was calibrated and just hit Submission right in the temple and that was it. The extra 6 punches after his soul left his body weren’t really necessary but Usamov was sending a message to his next victim. As he was tenderizing Submissions face on the ground, Usamov looked into the crowd at Christiaan Huygens and yelled, “You don’t want this.” We will see if that is who VFC calls for his next fight. We hope that Submission gets back on the horse, it was just one of those fights we know Daniel knows how to recover even if he is drinking the rest of his meals through a straw for a while.

Undercard bout
Steven Seagull vs Rafael Soto at bantamweight. There were some concerns early because Seagull has KO power but El Diablo has one of those Roy Nelson chins, or should I say Roy Nelson pre–Mark Hunt fight chins. This fight went exactly how Seagull’s corner said they didn’t want it to go. El Diablo clinched, dragged him down and tapped him out quick. This is a message for the division there is only one other brown belt in the bantamweight division. If they want to stand a chance, they better find a way to keep the fight on its feet.  From talking to Tommy Forrester looks like Soto’s next fight will be for the belt against Mighty Mouse, looking forward to it. 

Undercard bout
Kyree Suder vs Jonny Bar at light heavyweight. Neither fighter is technical strikers but that didn’t matter because this fight quickly went to the mat, At first, we thought Bar was going to do a Jon Fitch and dry hump Suder for a decision, but Kyree was having none of it and submitted him out. And for putting an end to a rather technical fight, which is causal MMA fan for boring Kyree Suder is being rewarded with a shot at the belt. But honestly after seeing McClane fight earlier not sure if it is a reward or a punishment. But it will be a good fight when it goes down. 

Undercard bout for Heavyweight Championship
A heavyweight scrap between the Spade brothers for the Heavyweight Championship: I knew this was going to be an awesome fight. I spent about 10 minutes talking to Jack and Ace’s mom and dad, and holy crap I am hoping to get invited over for Thanksgiving that house has to be a hoot. Mr. Spade, who was more than buzzed off what looked like his 24th Natty Ice was on a roll. Something about putting up whoever loses for adoption and that Jack is playing the “Ace of Spades” as his walk on music to prevent his brother Ace Spade from using it. The fight lasted longer than most of my relationship on tender with Jack taking his brother’s man card and the belt in 1 minute and 37 seconds.

Undercard bout
The heavyweight fight between Mac Anudo and Adracio Zalasat. Mac Anudo was telling us that he was going to beat the fat off Adracio. And that is pretty much what he did. He went out there took Adracio down fairly easily and then kneaded his face like dough until he tapped. I am not going to question Adracio’s toughness mainly because he would eat me. But I thought that it was a unwritten rule that you don’t tap out to strikes unless your Bob Sap. 

Undercard bout for the Bantamweight Championship
Demetrious “Mighty Mouse” Johnson faced off against Kenton “The Kid” Tracks at 135lbs for the belt. This was out most competitive fight making it out of the first round and almost the full 15 minutes. The fight was pretty boring until the 3rd round when Mighty Mouse decided crack The Kid with a liver shot that he never recovered from.  But there was a good minute after that were Mighty Mouse seemed afraid to commit to going for the kill and instead proceeded to dance with The Kid like this was dancing with the stars, seriously how do you clinch and break clinch 34 times when you have them stunned. This guy has more commitment issues than JLo. That is Jennifer Lopez for you non-boomers out there. But I can confidently say that 107 clinch attempts in 9 minutes has to be a MMA record. Despite that the belt looks good on Might Mouse let’s hope he keeps it because Rafael Soto said, “El Diablo don’t dance.”

All in all great fight, I had a blast, I am hoping that at the next VFC fight the ring girls don’t look like it’s a twenty-year reunion girl that used to be hot in high school. I know, it’s about the fighters but damn. We look forward to bringing you more entertaining fights and separating the strong from the weak, that’s what we do here at VFC. 

Please note that I am an independent contractor and the beliefs and statements above do not reflect on the management of Vandal Fight Club. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Good Afternoon Fight Fans, Hashmatulla Hotek coming at you with a Post VFC Wild Wednesday breakdown. For this fight looks like we upgraded to Paddy O’Malleys Bar for our 10-fight card. Let’s talk about these fights.

Undercard

Heavyweight Fight

William Silverado (0-0) vs Mason Island (0-1)

The experts said, this fight wasn’t going to the judges, which between me and you is smart because they have been pounding Jack & Cokes all night. Mason Island tried to clinch up to use his superior Muay Thai, but William Silverado didn’t want none of that, using some good fakes William Silverado sent Mason Island to sleep in .15 seconds. Great start to Silverado’s pro career, Mason Island (0-2) needs to work on his game plan a get back in there. It’s a rough sport, I won’t say keep your head up that is how he got knocked out, but keep your chin tucked.

Winner William Silverado (1-0) by TKO

Middleweight Fight

Frank Castle (0-1) vs Pacific Android (1-0)

All the experts were anticipating another stand up war and they were not disappointed. What basically turned into a high level Muay Thai fight ended up with Frank Castle turning Pacific Android into a blood sausage. You could basically see Pacific’s skull through the cut above his eye. Frank Castle looked much stronger than his last fight, came out aggressive and calibrated, throwing more than 30 power shots connecting with a ridiculous 83%, its like Pacific was moving into them. Pacific seemed off on his game tonight hitting for only 4% of his shots, 4% shit Steven Wonder could have landed more.

Winner Frank Castle (1-1) by TKO

Bantamweight Fight

Yuunji Hoshino (1-0) vs Sextus Lentulus (0-1)

What was bound to be a stand up Muay Thai fight between to excellent Muay Thai practitioners. And that is what we got a very technical fight between two evenly matched fighters. Yuunji who came into the fight in better shape as the much more aggressive fighter, throwing 82 strikes to 14 strikes by Sextus. Not sure what Sextu’s camp had planned but 34 takedown attempts from a high school level wrestler wasn’t the answer. Sextus can bang leave that fight on its feet. It’s possible that the first hard shot that Sextus took from Yuunji made him not want to stand and bang. But Sextus has a chin man, he took more than 50 hits and didn’t go down.

Winner Yuuji Hoshino (2-0) by Unanimous Decision

Welterweight Fight

Theador Cruse (0-0) vs Daniel Doober (1-0)

This was an excellent fight that had some good back and forth. Early on Doober was beating Cruse like a stepchild. But as wrestlers often do, that muscle memory kicked in and half out on his feet Cruse got Doober to the ground where he stood a better chance or though he thought. Doober didn’t care where the fight was he was going to win regardless at least that is what he was screaming from inside the cage. While not known for his BJJ that armbar by Doober was smooth.

Winner Daniel Doober (2-0) by Submission (Armbar)

Light Heavyweight

Logan Howlett (1-0) vs Rick Ross (0-0)

What can we say, it looked like Ross would have the wrestling and strength to take down Theador Cruse, but Cruse wasn’t willing to wait for that to happen. Logan threw 8 solid head shots and dropped Rick Ross like he was Tyron Woodley.

Winner Logan Howlett (2-0) by TKO

Heavyweight Fight

Kiki Eketone (1-0) vs Bill Nye (0-0)

Honestly Nye showed some heart, Kiki threw an overhand right less than a minute in that put Nye down hard. But he managed to get up and keep fighting. Kiki continued to conduct science experiments on Bill Nye’s face for a few minutes before hitting him with a superman punch that put him to sleep.

Winner Kiki Eketone (2-0) by KO (superman punch)

Welterweight Fight

Turk Barrett (1-0) vs Tong Sagat (0-0)

This was a great banger of a fight. Good back and forth until Turk hit Sagat with a Mike Tyson uppercut. Tong Sagat never recovered and took a few more shots before the referee was forced to give him mercy.

Winner Turk Barrett (2-0) by TKO (Strikes)

Light Heavyweight

Aaron Walls (0-0) vs Ray Bradbury (2-0)

Okay, I know I am not suppost to say this but DAMMNNNN Ray Bradbury is for real. He beat Aaron Walls into submission. That moves Ray to (3-0), the boss needs to look at getting this guy a title shot.

Winner Ray Bradbury (3-0) by Submission (Strikes)

Co-main Event

Lightweight Fight

Guillermo Diaz (1-0) vs Hirata Hitoshi (1-0)

Two fighters walked in with unblemished records only one was going to leave that way. Not going to lie to you folks, given that both fighters are known for their wrestling, I thought we were going to have a boring dry humping display. And for a minute it looked that way, no real shots taken on the feet. But once it got to the ground Hirata” Hit His Ass so Hardshi” beat the snot out of Diaz with some effective and powerful ground and pound.

Winner Hirata Hitoshi (2-0) by TKO (Strikes)

Main Event

Xon HiChi (1-0) vs Aldo Nova (1-0)

It was anticipated that HiChi would clinch and then smash Aldo. With both fighters having deep Maui Thai skills that was going to be over quickly and be 15 minutes of banging which is what we got. Both fighters threw more than 100 punches in the clinch, the difference being that HiChi was more accurate with 58% of his shots finding pay dirt to 27% by Aldo Nova. A takeaway is even though Aldo Nova has thrown the most strikes with 138 strikes thrown in a VFC event, he wasn’t able to get the win because he didn’t land them. Maybe focus on contact in his next camp. While both fighters fought hard and it wasn’t by any means a landslide victory, the judges got it right giving Xon HiChi the unanimous decision.

Winner Xon HiChi (2-0) by Unanimous decision

Announcements

The boss man just came by and announced that he has officially lost his mind. He has decided that on the 1st of January he will be holding not just one stacked fight card but two stacked fight cards. That is 20 fights on one day, how you ask he booked both Paddy O’Malley’s Bar and Wild Bob’s Bar, holy crap. I don’t know if it is genius or if he is just being greedy because he knows I am paid by the day not the event and this way he gets two fight cards for one out of me. I am excited, drunk, confussed, and hungry right now. But man, 20 fights from one org in one night, hell yeah.

• Upvote 1

I'm already scared of the Aldo Nova rematch and we've just kicked off haha. Great fight. While the write up might have anticipated it, luckily Aldo didn't seem to as I think he was gearing up for a striking match at distance. Xon might not have a huge pop in his shots as of yet, but looking like a difficult out for everyone.

Ladies, Gentlemen, and you uneducated YouTube boxing fans welcome to the prefight round up for what I am just going to call the Great Saturday Slaughter. We are having two, two, not one but two full fight cards tonight. That is 40 fighters giving you part of their souls for your drunken entertainment. All right let’s see who we have out in the crowd for this fight card, hey that is one of the Logan brothers, the downsy looking one that thinks he can box and swears he has CTE from fighting scripted fights against non-boxer, Jake, Jill, John crap I don’t know I just know he is annoying. We got Brad Pitt pit here, holy crap that is unexpected. Nooo, wait that is his stunt doubles twin brother. But most of the drunks here don’t know that he has been signing autographs all night.

VFC 2 The New Years Bash at Paddy O’Malleys Bar

Angus Graham (1-0) vs Gergen Press (0-1)

Light Heavyweights Gergen Press verse Angus Graham. Gergen Press whose pro debut was ruined by Tsakos Lidellos (1-0) has a solid chin, yeah, he was TKOed, but the referee had to stop the fight there is no quit in this guy. Will fight Graham who is a more active aggressive fighter; I know it’s weird he is a Canuk who normally are as aggressive as cold maple syrup, but he threw 124 strikes in his last fight and showed some toughness in being rocked and cut and still grinding out the win vs Fred Hoyle. I am thinking Graham takes this fight, I just like his aggressiveness, the man said he will fight anyone at any time. He means it, he said he would fight his mom if she called him out. We will see how that goes over the course of his career, there are fighters and then there are smart fighters.

Ryu Uska (0-0) vs Sean Murphy (0-0)

Sean Murphy is having his pro debut hailing out of Killarney Ireland. This want-a-be Conor McGregor is a stand-up fighter who ground game is almost as bad as his ability to speak clear English. Seriously, its like he has marbles in his mouth and has been pounding Proper 12s like they are Gatorade. He is taking on Ryu “Rage” Uska is also making his pro debut, fighting out of Japan Rage brings a very strong ground game being one of the few brown belts in his division, but is really at this point in his career not an MMA fighter but a BJJ grappler trying to get his opponent on the ground before he gets knocked out.

Shaun Fistle (0-0) vs Kevin “KC” Carol (0-0)

For this heavyweight fight we got Shaun Fistle who likes used to be a bare-knuckle fighter making his MMA debut against Kevin “KC” Carol who is a kickboxer from Dallas. Both fighters are making their debuts in what looks to be a good standup war. KC has about 20 more pounds on him that Fistle, but I am not sure it is solid gym muscle, he looks like he has been hanging out at Five Guys to much.

Bob Crawley (0-0) vs Clint “Arrow Shield” Rogers (0-0)

We got Bob Crawley a kickboxer from Belgium facing off against Clint “Arrow Shield” Rogers a striker from parts unknown in America. Okay seriously what the hell, classified parts in America? You mean a trailer park on the outskirts of town? So basically, you’re from 8-mile right and Arrow Shield? Your nickname is for a hunk of wood or metal that people sick arrows in? I am not even sure how to unpack that. I am going to need more alcohol for this fight card. VFC as an organization needs to start having media workshops with these fighters. I will also address the elephant in the room, yes when it is tall white people from Europe, we call it kickboxing and everyone else we call it Mauy Thai, is that racist? Probably, my money is on Bob.

Bruno “BP” Ponce (0-0) vs Willis Smith (0-0)

BP is a solid BJJ brown belt hailing from Seychelles. And to save you the Wikipedia search Seychelles is some tiny island off the coast of eastern Africa, that is either a dingle berry that fell out of Zanzibar, sorry Madagascar for those who don’t know their history or a pirate haven from Somali. But I digress BP makes his debut against fellow rookie Willis “Slick Willy” Smith. Smith is praying to keep this fight on its feet where he has a stark advantage. If it stays on its feet Slick Willy will murder BP, if it goes to the ground BP will be submitted in 30 seconds.

Aiko “AK” Kinjo (0-0) vs Morgan Brew (0-0)

Hailing from Mr. Miyagiland Okinawa AK is a wrestler that uses his base to keep the fight on his feet so he can smash his opponents. Okay, I am just going to say it, AK is 4’11 on a good day, he looks like someone brought their 10-year-old to work. If Morgan Brew doesn’t pick this kid up and yet him across the cage I am going to be pissed. His opponents Morgan Brew is a BJJ Brown belt hailing from Liverpool England. Morgan has about a 7-inch reach advantage, that he huge. To keep that in perspective, it’s the same advantage I have over most of you guys on tender. If this fight goes to the ground Morgan should be able to tap out AK, if he can manage to get a good grip on those midget limbs.

Jimmy “The Ghost” Gavin (0-0) vs Emil Nikolov (0-0)

Jimmy “The Ghost” Gavin a stand-up banger makes his pro debut against Emil Nikolov. Emil is also a standup fighter that is hoping to “Ghost” the Ghost. Holy crap I just said that someone needs to cut me off. Can someone get me some coffee I can’t be saying stupid crap like that this early in the day.

Olu Banjo (0-0) vs Christopher Chan (0-0)

Olu Banjo a Mauy Thai specialist from Nigeria is making his debut against fellow Mauy Thai specialist Christopher Chan. Christopher hailing from Hong Kong has spent some time in Thailand improving his clinch. Should be an interesting fight where someone gets knocked out. I feel like with all these Mauy Thai fights on the card I should do one of those drunk Joe Rogan rants how everyone should be using the steel Mauy Thai cups when the fight. When you know he only likes them because it feels like someone is squeezing the shit out of your nuts.

Momofuku “Mr. Pot Noodle” Ando (0-0) vs Greg “The Goober” Doober (0-0)

Mr. Pot Noodle is making his pro debut against Greg Doober. Ando is primarily a Mauy Thai fighter that is uses his outstanding reach to pepper fighters with high volume punches and then mixes in some power shots to surprise them. He is a like a low budget Nick Diaz, without the ground game, street cred, charisma, and neanderthal brow. Ando will face Greg “The Goober” Doober who is also making his pro debut tonight. Like Ando, Doober is a Mauy Thai specialist, but is also a blue belt BJJ practitioner. I have heard that Doober has been working hard on his clinch game at Hell’s Balls Training Center, we will see if we get some good fireworks from these two strikers.

Barry “Baddy” Brady (0-1) vs Rowan “Mr.” Bean (0-1)

We got Barry “Baddy” Brady, that’s right Barry calls himself “The Baddy”, not Killer B or B Squared but Baddy. Hopefully Baddy can recover from the beating he took from Hirata Hitoshi (1-0). He faces Rowan “Mr.” Bean a British Mauy Thai specialist that is also coming off a lost to Oscar Luna (1-0). This will be an interesting fight as they match up pretty well. But on a side note, we got Rowan “Mr.” Bean’s twin brother Mr. Bean making his pro debut later tonight as well at Wild Bob’s bar.

VFC 2.5 New Year’s Afterparty at Wild Bob’s Bar

Sergio Sergius (2-0) vs Jimmy Vegas (0-0)

This first fight puts Sergio Sergius who has already knocked out both of his first two opponents in the first round against the rookie Jimmy Vegas. Sergio said he has been sharpening his elbows so he can cut up Jimmy’s pretty face. We will see how Jimmy fairs as he doesn’t specialize and any style and is well rounded but is giving up a lot of reach and power.

Chuck Gracie (0-0) vs Oliver “OTown” Smith (1-0)

Brazilian Chuck Gracie is making his cage debut where he has the skills to fight on his feet and be comfortable enough to take it to the ground. But like many Brazilians he is a good grappler but does not have a strong wrestling base that help take the fight and keep it on the ground. His opponent is Oliver “OTown” Smith who in his last fight took all of 5 seconds to disconnect Ned Bouillon from his soul. OTown is a very aggressive fighter that has C4 in his hands. At the weight ins he stated that he isn’t as rested as he was the last fight because he stayed up late this week watching the second season of The Witcher and that it may impact the fight allowing Chuck to make it about 32 seconds before getting put to sleep. Not going to lie, The Witcher is a good show, and my money is on OTown to cash a 50 on Chuck early.  

Richard “The Magician” Hall (2-0) vs Ryan “Rail Gun” Thompson (0-1)

A featherweight fight that has The Magician who undefeated at 2-0 facing off against Ryan “Rail Gun” Thompson. Hall likes to take fighters down and pull them into deep water. As a legit brown belt with strong wrestling skills his game plan should be the same as his first two fights. Which sometimes is him getting the take down and laying on the opponent like a wet blanket until they make a mistake. The Rail Gun, who is an All-American wrestler, uses his skills to keep the fight on his feet so he can strike. If he can keep the fight on his feet and let his hands go, he stands a good chance, if it goes to the ground Ryan “Rail Gun” Thompson may come off the rails.

Mr. Bean (0-0) vs Mike Schultz (0-0)

Mr. Bean is kind of an unknown coming out of Consett England he is making his professional debut. He tends to keep the fight on his feet and dirty box his opponents from looking at his amateur fights. Mr. Bean is taking on another rookie debuting in Mike Schultz., Schultz will be looking to take the fight down and grind out a decision win. Not a lot to say about these two fighters, during their interviews they aren’t really pouring out charisma its basically milk toast vs mayonnaise, we are hoping they were just saving their energy for the cage.

Steven Seagull (0-1) vs Aiden Murphy (0-0)

Steven Seagull is hoping to make a bounce back from his last fight where he looked like the 80 something year old bloated piece of crap actor that shares his name. Fighting Aiden Murphy may not be the best recipe to get that easy win. Murphy is making his pro debut and is a grinding wrestler with a high motor, think Clay Guida style. Our only hope is that Murphy doesn’t fail his drug test and get a DQ for the fight. Seriously I interviewed him earlier and he smelled like bong water.

Island Boe (0-0) vs Akil Paschal (0-0)

Two debut fighters take their journey into the profession of Mixed Martial Arts. After this fight they can sit at the bar at the local TGIFs and talk about how their hands are registered lethal weapons. And how they could beat Logan Paul in a boxing match. Island Boe is one of our youngest Island Fighters and looks to dirty box Akil “Powerhouse” Paschal is looking to drag this fight to the matt and drop some ground and pound. This fight will be decided by who can dictate the fight.

Ken “K-Fed” Fredricks (0-0) vs Jari Zero (0-0)

Another fight with two first time MMA fighters busting their pro cherries. We got K-Fed who does resemble the very douchy original K-Fed from Britany Spears’ slow decent into hell chapters 1 and 2, stated he intends to keep the fight on its feet and destroy Jari. Jari wants to stand and bang with K-Fed at least that is what he was saying at the weight ins.  

Hellson Balls (0-0) vs Purple “The Muscle Toucher” Aki (0-0)

Hellson a well-rounded mixed martial artist is making his pro debut against Purple Aki, it will be a interesting fight as Hellson well rounded and a solid 155er fighting Purple “The Muscle Toucher” Aki who is a wrestling-based Brit that is closer to be a 145er than 155er. Wait, is his nickname really “The Muscle Toucher”? What the hell he sounds like some sort of pedophile, who the hell wants to grapple with “The Muscle Toucher”? Let’s hope he isn’t grabbing any muscles on live TV tonight. I swear if this guy comes out tweaking his own nipples I am leaving.

Gera GOI (0-1) vs Jonny “Arm” Bar (0-1)

Gera is hoping to bounce back from a hard loss to Kenritsu Katsuyamakuroda (1-0), Gera stated he just had butterflies and was not used to the Island time zone coming from Japan. We like to call that some fantasy, he just got smashed. He will be fighting Jonny “Arm” Bar who is also hoping to bounce back from a submission loss to Kyree Suder (1-0). The Arm took that loss pretty hard as one of the more decorated BJJ fighters on the Island losing to a blue belt via a Guillotine choke has made him the but of many jokes at Fogwell’s Gym. Bar hops to drag Gera to the ground and I quote “Bend his ass in half”.

Conan The Bavarian (0-1) vs John “D” Doe (0-0)

Conan The Bavarian looks to rebound from his sound thumping from the current Champ as he tries to climb back up the ladder. In his last fight he just didn’t let his hands go, lets see if he has corrected that issue. He will face off against John Doe who is making his MMA debut. D is a mixed martial art who can take the fight anywhere while he is a tough New Yorker, he has not been tested like this before on the amateur circuit. Conan is one fight removed from fighter for the Championship and will be looking to get back there and fight for the strap.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

ISLAND MMA:

Sanka Coffee: Feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up it's MMA time. It's your ol pal Sanka here with another island interview of two island fighters. They are Jim "Freakboy" Miggleton and Kevin "The One" Anderson. Welcome on da show mahn.

Jim Miggleton: Woow good to be here boy.

Kevin Anderson: Thank you for having me.

Sanka Coffee: So you both have a fight coming up tomorrow. Tell us a bit about that.

Jim Miggleton: My fight is boring it's against some guy named Erwin Schrodinger. Some pathetic basic fight. Let's have a hardcore match with baseball bats and chains. I want there to be blood rather it's your blood or my blood. It needs to flow enough to bathe in it. Otherwise this just isn't freaky enough for the Freakboy.

Kevin Anderson: Well not sure about the Freakboy maybe the sickboy more like it, but my fight is against Michael Brooks and is probably the second worst match up possibly for me. I'm just 18 on the island and was a pretty good wrestler in high school and have been studying some bjj to help out my game, but Brooks is a 25 year old amazing wrestler with some decent boxing. So I'm not sure I can get this fight where I want it to be or need it to go.

Sanka Coffee: Jim in your first fight on the island you won by decision but manager to cut your opponent with an elbow and cut him and landed some vicious knees to the body was that part of the game plan or was that just your Muay Thai at work?

Jim Miggleton: I threw a few too many knees to the body but they were landing and felt his energy just sapping away with each one. But yeah I love Muay Thai it's violent and bloody. You have to be a real freak to enjoy it. So of course I love it. Look if we are at a distance I'm going to throw punches and kicks and if we clinch you better believe that the knees and elbows are going to come into play. I'm a Muay Thai fighter, not a boxer, not a kickboxer. 8 limbs, 8 weapons, and if we can throw some actual weapons in here too I'm game.

Sanka Coffee: So Kevin your first fight was against a 25 year old grappler Albert Einstein who was a great wrestler and bjj blue belt is that right?

Kevin Anderson: Yeah that is right. Facing 25 year olds on the island when you are 18 is pretty normal. Most guys wait to come to the island until they are 25 so you have to extra prove yourself when you are a young guy and come to the island. And that first fight even though it was one round I definitely got bullied in it. I was immediately taken down and then I kept trying to advance position and couldn't do it and kept getting hit while he kept going for submissions and finally landed one on me with 5 seconds left to go in the first. I think it was that fight and being on my back something I'm not use to and trying to scramble and find my way that made me decide to start learning bjj since arriving on the island so I can be comfortable. I'm a wrestler and will always be a wrestler so I'm not striking. So all my past opponents and all my future opponents know if we fight I'm going to try and take the fight there.

Sanka Coffee: So what is next for you after your fight?

Jim Miggleton: Well for me I want to fight again after my fight and get each fight bloodier than the last and take some pain killers and go have a party. Maybe jump off a hotel balcony I'm staying at into the swimming pool. Go skydiving and see how close to the minimum altitude I can get before opening my parachute.

Kevin Anderson: I guess that depends I'll probably lose and that will put me 0-2 to start my island career and that might be a sign that I'm not meant to be here, or I might try a quick turn around fight. If I win hopefully I get not such a nightmare match up and will dedicate the win to pure luck.

Sanka Coffee: Well we look forward to your fights and hopefully will have you guys back soon.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Holy Crap, that was one hell of a new year’s bash. Sorry for the late post but yours truly Hasmattulah Hoteck may have spent the last six nights in the county lockup here on the island. Let’s just say, I think the showers at Cozad The Island Gym maybe cleaner and we all know about the mad shitter there that keeps crapping in the showers. So, I am not going to lie, the whole weekend is still kind of fuzzy but here is what happened at the Great Saturday Slaughter. The first day of the new year, with 20COVID in our rearview, we were blessed with two full fight cards with 40 fighters giving it their all for our entertainment.

VFC 2 The New Year’s Brawl at Paddy O’Malleys Bar

Angus Graham (2-0) def Gergen Press (0-2) by TKO (Kick & Punches) Round 1 2:29

The Main Event for the New Year’s Brawl saw a solid slug match between Angus Graham and Gergen Press. The fight was a Maui Thai display as was talked about in the pre-fights, with the difference being accuracy. Graham was able to land 93% of his shots compared to 20% for Press. It did not help that Press threw almost 50% less punches and kicks than Graham. But the main difference is Press seemed to be eating strikes like he was Joey Chestnutt at a hotdog eating contest.

Ryu “Rage” Uska (1-0) def Sean Murphy (0-1) by Submission (Kimura) Round 1 3:56

Two seconds into the fight Murphy popped Uska’s head back with a solid jab and Rage decided he wanted no part of that and quickly took him down and slapped a nasty Kimura on that had Murphy elbow in sling after the fight. This one is interesting because had it stayed on its feet, we think the fight would have gone a different direction. Hopefully Murphy gets back in there and smashes some folks and tightens up his BJJ defense.

Shaun Fistle (1-0) def Kevin “KC” Carol (0-1) by TKO (Strikes) Round 1 3:36

An interesting fight it seemed that KC’s game plan was to clinch a superior Muay Thai fighter and then hug him to death and then test the strength of Fistle by absorbing punches to the face. He executed this plan with precision and as you figured it ended with him getting TKOed. Hopefully his management goes back to the drawing board and comes up with a better strategy for a fighter that has showed promise. Fistle looks dangerous for the heavyweight division.

Bob Crawley (1-0) def Clint “Arrow Shield” Rogers (0-1) by Decision (unanimous) Round 3 5:00

Fight of the Night

This was a great fight, turned into a boxing match with maybe 9 kicks thrown and no take downs. What we saw was Bob Crawley throw more than 130 strikes and Clint Rogers throw 121 strikes, that is cruiserweight output from two big light heavyweights. Both men have steel for jaws and Crawley showed some heart by recovering from getting rocked late in the 2nd round and pushing back and almost winning that round. When thing the judges got this fight right but honestly with the way both guys fought, we would have been okay with a draw. We are hoping to see these guys run it back in the future before this season of the island ends.  

Willis “Slick Willy” Smith (1-0) def Bruno “BP” Ponce (0-1) by KO (Punches) Round 1 0:52

This fight was over in a flash. BP tried to get this fight off its feet as quick as possible to avoid getting put to sleep. But Willis Smith was fighting like he forgot to put change in the meter and couldn’t afford the parking ticket. Which being that he is a young island fighter is probably true. Solid shots from Smith ended this quick. Hopefully, BP recovers and remembers who he is and gets a chance to show that solid ground game in the future. Slick Willy will be looking for some more heads to hunt in the future. And for all of you that remembered BP is from Seychelles this fight lasted longer than the one between Zanzibar and Great Britain.

Morgan Brew (1-0) def Aiko “AK” Kinjo (0-1) by Submission (Armbar) Round 1 1:39

Sub of the Night (Morgan Brew)

This was a technical fight which saw Morgan Brew manhandle AK to the ground and then almost rip his arm off. It’s hard to say what Kinjo can learn from this fight besides don’t fight BJJ Brown belts. And on a sadder note, while Morgan Brew looked phenomenal in his pro debut, his management team decided that it should not have taken him 1:39 to tap AK and quickly released him from their stable. You have a quality Brown belt BJJ fighter out there that looks dominating needing new management.

Emil Nikolov (1-0) def Jimmy “The Ghost” Gavin (0-1) by TKO (Strikes) Round 1 4:56

This fight was almost murder, Nikolov ghosted The Ghost, smashing him with 25 unanswered power shots. The Ghost must have been unable to materialize because he hit Nikolov with 0, yes 0 strikes. Nikolov was so fresh he offered to fight again that night. For the records I called The Ghost getting ghosted.

Olu Banjo (1-0) def Christopher Chan (0-1) by TKO (Strikes) Round 2 0:56

In a what was basically a kickboxing fight without the boxing we saw Olu Banjo basically kick Christopher Chan to a TKO. Chan absorbed more than 21 kicks and some solid ground and pound before the refs saw enough.

Momofuku “Mr. Pot Noodle” Ando (1-0) def Greg “The Goober” Doober (0-1) by TKO (Strikes) Rd 1 :05

KO of the Night (Momofuku Ando)

Well either The Goober may have been fainted from the walk out to the cage or Mr. Pot Noodle was way to spicey. Ando hit Doober with 2 Combos in less than 5 seconds and separated The Goober from his consciousness.

Rowan “Mr.” Bean (1-1) def Barry “Baddy” Brady (0-2) by KO (Punch) Round 1 3:35

Mr. Bean was hell bent to show the world that his initial loss was a fluke unleashed 18 punches as fast as he can to overwhelm Baddy Brady. This was a loop sided fight, and it will be interesting to see where both fighters go from here.

VFC 2.5 New Year’s Afterparty at Wild Bob’s Bar

Sergio Sergius (3-0) def Jimmy Vegas (0-1) by TKO (Cut) Round 1 1:51

A rough first fight for Jimmy Vegas as Sergio Sergius is a beast. While he is light for a heavyweight, he is one of the most dangerous strikers in VFC. Sergio looked unstoppable and will certainly be looking at a title shot soon. Poor Jimmy Vegas was turned into a blood sausage the doctors say it can take up to 2 weeks for his face to heal and for him to be able to train with any contact.  

Oliver “OTown” Smith (2-0) def Chuck Gracie (0-1) by TKO (Strikes) Round 2 00:59

Fight of the Night

You must give it to Chuck Gracie he tried 34 times in 2 rounds to take down OTown. Had he been successful this fight may have ended differently but OTown had no intention of letting that happen. Smith had to work a little harder to land that highlight knockout he is becoming famous for. With Gracie unable to do anything but absorb hard punches it was just a matter of time before he got slept.

Richard “The Magician” Hall (3-0) def Ryan “Rail Gun” Thompson (0-2) by Submission (Kimura) Rd 1 1:44

The Magician continues his dominance as he earns his third victory in a row. A strong brown belt with a manager that has a strong history of success in raising young fighters. The Rail Gun falls short for the second time in his only two fights and I am sure his management team is talking about what to do next. We anticipate that The Magician will be asking for shot at the belt in the next few fights.

Mike Schultz (1-0) def Mr. Bean (0-1) by Submission (Arm Triangle) Round 1 2:44

Unlike his older brother who fought earlier in the day Mr. Bean was unable to get the victory. After Schultz’s first 3 failed takedowns he is able to drag Bean down to the matt where he wanted him. Softened him up with some ground and pound and then submitted him.

Steven Seagull (1-1) def Aiden Murphy (0-1) by Submission (Guillotine) Round 1 1:31

Steven Seagull did exactly what he was hoping to do and bounced back from his earlier loss. Murphy fearing Seagull’s power thought that taking the fight down to the ground would be the easy path to victory. Basically, he did Seagull’s work for him getting the fight to the ground and helping Seagull get the submission victory.

Akil Paschal (1-0) def Island Boe (0-1) by Submission (Armbar) Round 1 00:52

Sub of the Night (Akil Paschal)

Two big boys went at it hard. Akil provided all the explosives of the night, starting with a nice takedown, followed by some hard ground and pound to soften Boe up and capping it off with an armbar submission. It is hard to judge Boe’s potential on this fight as he mustered 0 and we mean 0 offensive movies.

Ken “K-Fed” Fredricks (1-0) def Jari Zero (0-1) by Submission (Strikes) Round 1 00:20

KO of the Night (Ken Fredricks)

K-Fed hit Zero with a left hand that was so hard that people at home watching on Spike TV felt it.  If Zero was a cat he just officially lost 7 of his 9 lives. We were afraid that K-Fed broke his hand he hit Zero so hard. Akil showed some flashes of greatness and then ruined it by doing a moonwalk after getting his arm raised.

Purple “The Muscle Toucher” Aki (1-0) def Hellson Balls (0-1) by Decision (Unanimous)

This was an ugly fight both on the ground and on the feet. Not pretty but that is what both fighters wanted to make the other uncomfortable. Aki did enough to get the win but will have to do more if he hopes to move up higher on the fight card.  

Jonny “Arm” Bar (1-1) def Gera GOI (0-2) by Submission (Kimura) Round 1 1:58

Jonny Arm Bar didn’t mess around, he quickly took GOI down with a double leg and then put on a quick and effective BJJ clinic on Gera GOI. While Gera was hoping to bounce back from a hard loss to Kenritsu Katsuyamakuroda he suffered his second loss in a row. Bar’s plan was to drag him down and bend him in half and that is what he did to get into the win column let’s see where he goes from here.  

John “D” Doe (1-0) def Conan The Bavarian (0-2) by TKO (Strikes) Round 1 2:20

This is the Bavarian’s second sound thumping in a row which will be interesting on how his management team handles him. In a one-sided affair D showed his strength and some crisp striking landing 75% of his shots. Battering and cutting The Bavarians and ending the night quickly.

VFC 3 Saturday Slaughter 
155 lbs    3    Rigoberto Guzman    0-1    vs    Eric Jacquin    0-1
Rigoberto "Kid Toro" Guzman is a balanced mixed martial artist looking to rebound from a close fight that found him getting choked out by Bill Skelly (1-1). He will have his hands full facing off against Eric "The Chef" Jacquin who is a ground specialist that won his last fight by ripping off the arm of ET The Extraterrestrial. He beat ET so bad that his manager dropped him and suggest that he retired. This fight will be interesting and should end up being a dry hump fest with The Chef winning in the 2nd round by submission.      

265 lbs    3    Samuel Kioper     1-0    vs    Bam Bam Gigolo     1-0
Someone is losing their undefeated record today as Samuel Kioper "Fish" faces off against Bam Bam Gigolo. While both fighters are monsters of men, Bam Bam Gigolo is going to take this fight to the ground and snap one of Kioper's limbs. Whoever wins will move up quickly in the ranks and both of these fighters are posed to be near the top of the heavyweight food chain.   

135 lbs    3    Frank French    0-1    vs    Chase Oliver    0-1
 Two strong wrestlers that use their wrestling base to keep the fight on their feet. This will turn into a slugfest as both fighters look to recover from debut losses. We will give Chase Oliver the nod on this.  

185 lbs    3    Christiaan Huygens     1-0    vs    Leg Day    0-1
Christiaan Huygens a undefeated boxer at 1-0 comes in looking to get that second win against Leg Day (0-1), who is a British kickboxer coming off a flash knockout loss from Anton Smirnov (1-1). Based off the limited video we anticipate Christiann Huygens winning by TKO in the second.     

185 lbs    3    Leggo Brandon    0-0    vs    Inaki Gurgel     1-0
Leggo Brandon one of the youngest fighters on the rooster at 20 years old, is a prototypical well rounded MMA fighter making his pro debut. Leggo's first opponent is no stranger to the cage, Inaki "Anaconda" Gurgel (1-0) a ground fighter that will look to pull Leggo's legs off as quickly as possible. If Leggo can keep this fight on its feet, there may be a chance for him to pick up the win.   

205 lbs    3    Joe Fletcher     1-0    vs    Fred Hoyle    0-1
A monster who looks like may have been using a sharp needle for the boost, Juice is 1-0 and won his first fight by Unanimous Decision in a less than entertaining fight faces off against Fred Hoyle (0-1). This British boxer looks to avenge his decision loss to Angus Graham (2-0). This one will be interesting as both fighters are monsters but based off of pure monster mass, we give it to Juice but we do not see this making it to decision.       

170 lbs    3    Izzy Innouhe    0-0    vs    Ylli Kovaci    0-1
Izzy "Island Master" Innouhe a solid boxer from Honolulu gets his call up to the bigs verse Ylli "Morning Star" Kovaci who is a Mauy Thai expert from Shkodra, Albania. For the record having been to Albania in 1996 if he is from there, he is tough as nails. And the fact he admits it is impressive normally the Albanians claim to be Greek. But as tough as the Morning Star is in his last match against Bradley Lemons (2-0) was almost beat to death on national okay local tv.  

170 lbs    3    Tommy Gavin    0-0    vs    Digby Moss    0-1
Tommy "Hothead" Gavin a brawler out of NYC has his pro debut against fellow New York born kickboxer Digby Moss (0-1). Digby is recovering from a Unanimous Decision loss to Rick Von Erick. This fight should be a solid standup battle with cuts, some blood, and a knockout, we are going to give the edge to Digby Moss based off the toughness he has displayed in the ring and experience.  

265 lbs    3    Jack Ettridge    0-1        Bobby Roman    0-0
Jack "Firestarter" Ettridge a heavy-handed boxer that was neutralized by a ground specialist Bam Bam Gigolo (1-0) in his first fight. Looks to keep this fight on its feet verse untested Bobby "The Emperor" Roman. The Emperor has good hands but also has a base in BJJ making him dangerous both on and off his feet. Bobby Roman should get the nod as he has more tools than Jack Ettridge, taking this fight by submission in the 3rd.   

155 lbs    3    Ryder Stephens    0-1    vs    Samir Mozzi    0-1
"Rough" Ryder Stepehens is a ground fighter that was unable to find any success in his first pro match and he was beat down by Buzz Killer (2-0). The Rough Ryder will face off aginast a balanced mixed martial artist in Samir Mozzi (0-1). Both fighters are coming off losses and it is reported that Samir has been working on his stand up a little more coming into this fight after watching Rough Ryders amazing stand up skills which looked akin to a cripple fight from South Park or a slap boxing attack, that being said we predict Stephens dragging Samir down and tapping him out in the 3rd round.         

We also have a quick statement from management here:

Vandal Fight Club Fans,

We have started out with some amazing fights during our first three weeks of operations.  We have crowned our first four champions with three more champions to be crowned this weekend.  We are going to start expanding to larger arena and bigger fights, which means we will be expanding pay for our fighters to help you keep your fighters training in quality gyms.

We wanted to congratulate our fighters and managers, we have had 50 total fights as of this morning with 30 KOs (60%), 14 Subs (28%) (3 of the submissions have been from strikes) and 6 Decisions.  We have had 20 awards handed out for a total $10,000 in bonus awards. Not bad for only 5 fights.

We will start pushing out updated Fighter Rankings every Saturday. Belts will be defended every 14-21 days (depending on if the defending champ has injuries or cuts).  

All fighters will get 14 days between fights (but anticipate no more than 21 unless injured or cut).  Make sure that you take at look at Highland Clothing that is making fight kits for Vandal Fight Club. Everyone’s contracts when they reup will have a $150 dollar allowance to purchase a Vandal Fighting Club Jersey and Shorts from Highland Clothing.

Thanks for being part of VFC and we look forward to more and more fights.

Managers and fighters, I need to clarify on the fights, there are some concerns from managers that their fighters will not be able to stay into quality gyms with 14 days between fights. VFC will still have the options of weekly fights, but the intention is to give your fighters a chance to train between fights. 14 days is the max not the min, as the Org matures the contracts will increase making it easier for fighters to train.

Thomas

Ladies and Gentlemen,

I apologize for the delay; real world caught the Rona and it has been sapping me. But not to the point I haven't been watching the fights. Damn you all put on some good shows. Leading to our best show so far with a 76.01 rating. Hell yeah, moved us up to the #1 Org on the Island. We also have been blessed with some amazing top teir fighters. 

VFC 5 LEGENDS ARE BORN @ PADDY O'MALLEYS BAR

155 lbs 5 Hirata Hitoshi (C)  (3-0) (2-0 VFC) def Xon HiChi (2-1) (1-1 VFC) TKO (Strikes) 2 04:57 155 lbs Title

The first ever lightweight champion of VFC would be decided by these two dominating fighters. While the ended was definitive, the fight was closer than it looked with HiChi dominating on the feet (43 strikes landed to 0 by Hitoshi) and Hitoshi dominating on the ground with 16 strikes to 0. Ultimately Hitoshi brute violence was the determining factor of the fight and allowing him to raise his hand as the NEW Lightweight Champion. Challengers beware that is 3 TKO by GNP in a row, he is strong enough you don't want to stay on your feet and too dangerous for the ground, pick your poison with this one. 

205 lbs 3 Logan "Wolverine" Howlett 3-0 (2-0 VFC) def Ray Bradbury 3-1 (1-1 VFC) KO (Punch) 2 02:58  
Based off their previous fights and watching their training camp, when knew someone was going out on their shield. And we got an amazing standup battle, with Ray Bradbury not being as aggressive with his strikes as he has been but controlling where the fight took place with his clinches. Howlett plan was to throw punches in bunches and that is what he did, throwing 75 punches to Bradbury's 21. Ray just weathered under the onslaught of a game opponent.  Both of these fighters still have very strong rankings and are within title contention.   
KO OF THE NIGHT (LOGON "WOLVERINE" HOWLETT)  
170 lbs 3 Theador "Ted"  Cruse  2-0 def "The Mauler" Turk Barrett 2-1 (1-1 in VFC) Submission (Kimura) 1 :35  
A classic battle of styles, with The Mauler being a smasher and Ted being a ground specialist. It took less time for the ring girl to get out of the ring than it did for Ted Cruse to slap a Kimura on The Mauler. A 35 second submission very impressive, that is 2 submissions within the first round for Ted. Putting you 170 guys on notice, don't neglect your BJJ practice.  

SUBMISSION OF THE NIGHT (THEADOR "TED" CRUSE)

135 lbs 5 "El Diablo" Rafael Soto  2-0 def Demetrious "Mighty Mouse" Johnson (C)   2-1 Submission (Armbar) 1 :31 135 lbs Title

The Champ is a balanced MMA fighter taking on a powerful BJJ Brown belt. If El Diablo gets Mighty Mouse on the ground, he will be in a rat trap. And folks that is exactly what he did, a clinch by Johnson got him pulled into guard and submitted with a nasty armbar. The former champ classy as always in defeat and the NEW Champ is ready to defend that belt. El Diablo has yet to really be tested as he has ended both his fights within the 1st round by submission, this will not help the next challengers come up with a gameplan to beat the man. 

185 lbs 5 Baysangur Usamov (C)  3-0 def Frank "The Punisher" Castle 1-2 (1-1 VFC) Decision (Unanimous) 5 05:00 185 lbs Title
This fight was going to be interesting because the Champion Baysangur Usamov ended his first fight in 25 seconds so there wasn't a lot of tape to review to find holes or gaps in his fight game. It was assumed that The Punisher who is a grinder would try and neutralize Usamov's power by putting him on his back. Unlike his first fight Usamov would be taken into deep water and those painful championship rounds. The Champ pounded The Punisher for 5 rounds, landing 119 shots, showing that Castle is as tough as they come. But Usamov also wisely avoided real damage by blocking or dodging 76% of the 181 shots that Castle threw at him. The last two rounds of this fight showed why cardio is important. Usamov stays the Champ and is ready for his next victim. The Punisher can take this up as a learning point as he showed grit and toughness with the champ and did not go down or even get stunned eating all those power shots. This fight will be in contention for Fight of the Month.  
FIGHT OF THE NIGHT  
265 lbs 5 Jack "Ace of Spades"  Spade (C)  2-0 def Kiki Eketone  2-1 (1-1 VFC) Submission (Armbar) 1 02:56 265 lbs Title

The Champion Jack Spade fresh off of beating the crap out of his brother for the belt knew that Eketone was a solid boxer coming off putting Eric Cartman and Bill Nye to sleep both in the first round. So he didn't want to stand toe to toe with him. He quickly took the fight to the ground, where he smoothered Eketone preventing him from using his hands and eventually took his arm for a Armbar submission. With Jack Spade 1st title defense in the books, he is a true Champion. The boss man came out and stated as a Champion will be getting a new more lucrative contract. 

155 lbs 3 Guillermo "Scarface" Diaz 2-1 (1-1 VFC) def Fernando Furriel 1-2 (0-1 VFC) Submission (Kimura) 1 01:31  

Both fighters looked evenly matched, but Diaz did not want to risk being beaten by the youngest member of the VFC in Fernando Furriel. Diaz quickly closed the distance and smashed Furriel hard with some elbows that cut him open. I am sure that scar will look good in his upcoming prom photos. Furriel who was losing the standup battle out of that wrestling muscle memory took the fight to the ground as soon as could. But he was jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. Diaz wasted no time tapping him with a very nice Kimura. Both fighters are still hungry and in good spots to continue their climb to the top. 

135 lbs 3 Steven Seagull  2-1 def Anastasidis Athanasiadis 0-1 KO (Strikes) 1 01:47  

Steven Seagull didn't need very long to ruin the pro debut of Anastasidis Athanasiadis. Quickly taking Anastasidis to the ground and then introducing him to Tito Ortiz in his prime ground and pound, quickly ended the fight. Despite the fact that both fighters tend to be hemophiliacs there were no cuts this fight which should allow for a quick turn for Anastasidis to get into the win column and Steven Seagull to continue to build on his 2-fight win streak. 

265 lbs 3 Bill "The Science Guy" Nye  1-1 def Adracio Zalasat 0-2 KO (Head Kick) 1 03:56  

Another fight with two evenly matched fighters looking for their first victory. On paper Nye has the power but Zalasat has a solid chin, we will see who gives out first. Ouch, right out of the gate The Science Guy tries to experiment with Adracio's head. A heavy head kick that would have knocked most people out, but Adracio is not most people. Despite the solid shot and the deep cut Zalasat kept coming, very smartly trying to take Nye to the ground to avoid too many kicks.  It didn't seem to matter as Zalasat couldn't muster much and after some softening up blows in the clinch The Science Guy introduced Zalasat to the Bill Nye Law of Head Kicks, which states I kick you in the head your whole body shuts down. Very good fight possible KO of the night honors on a different night.

265 lbs 3 Masonv"Nitro" Island 1-2 (1-1 VFC) def Yovko Yovkov 0-2  Submission (Guillotine) 1 03:56  
A entertaining fight where both fighters had so much on the line as both had failed to secure a victory in professional fights. Both fighters looked very evenly matched on paper, but we all know paper lies like a politicians tax returns. Mason Island came out the more aggressive fighter early on and immediately tried to clinch Yovkov and drag him down to avoid any damage from the dangerous Yovkov. Even with the pressure Yovkov was able to cut Mason on his right eye. Mason ate some shots including a nasty liver shot to get the fight to the ground where he was able to secure a nasty Guillotine choke and put Yovkov to sleep. This fight moves Mason Island to (1-2) (1-1 VFC) and drops Yovkov to (0-2) with both a knockout and a submission loss Yovko maybe thinking of taking up a career in gardening. This fight showed that Nitro is not afraid to take a shot to give one or to put you in a weakened position. That is a dangerous game to play in the pros.   

VFC Friday Fights Preview

185 lbs

3 Ryu Uska 1-0 (1-0 VFC) vs Reese Rumbalo 1-0 (0-0 VFC)
Ryu "Rage" Uska comes to the cage fresh off of almost ripping Sean Murphy's arm off in his last fight. Is paired up against Reese "Lock & Load" Rumbalo, who is making his VFC debut. Lock & Load is a mixed martial artist that has shown some strong striking in the QFC world, we will see how he does against the ground specialist. The step up from QFC into the VFC is a huge shift in talent. We are going to go with Rage by turning Reese into a pretzel. 
265 lbs 3 Igor Blancho 2-0 (0-0 VFC) vs Kevin Carol 0-1 (0-1 VFC)
Igor "The Destroyer" Blancho has been destroying cans in the QFC fights showing a well-rounded attack having both a submission and a TKO win to his name. He picks a hard target for his VFC debut. To get his threepeat victory he faces Kevin "KC" Carol. KC will look to keep this fight on its feet and TKO Igor, but we are not sure he will be able to do that. 
185 lbs 3 Aahil Mohammad 1-0 (0-0 VFC) vs Pacific Android 1-1 (0-1 VFC)
Aahil Mohammad is a wrestler that drags opponents to the ground and smashes them with heavy and very hairy hands. Faces off against Pacific "Red Ribbon army's" Android who is coming off a crushing defeat. But has shown in the cage that he can be dominating. Another example where fight location will decide outcome. We think Mohammad is the stronger wrestler that will have enough to get a single leg and drag this to the ground and put Red Ribbon Army into deep water. 
155 lbs 3 Mancha Aisland 0-0 vs Nate Giannetti 0-0
BJJ Brown belt and ground specialist Mancha "Mini Mayhem" Aisland makes his pro debut against Nate "Skellington" Giannetti who is a stand up Mauy Thai fighter. Neither fighter has had a pro fight so there is limited tape. This will be a fight that is determined by location, if it goes to the ground at any point, Nate is going to lose. And if Mancha has to stay on his feet, he will not see the end of the 3rd round. With a stronger wrestling background to match his superior BJJ skills, we anticipate Manca drags Nate down and taps his out. 
265+ lbs 3 Derek Trotter 0-0 vs Justin Case 0-0
Derek "Del Boy" Trotter another British Bulldog making his pro debut. This 19 years young pugilist looks to put a pounding on fellow new coming Justin Case. Justine representing the UAE but hailing from Boston Mass, not sure how the hell in the green beer that worked out, is also making his pro debut and is a kickboxer that can bring the boom. This looks to be a exciting fight with two 300-pound monsters knocking each other out in the first 5 minutes or some very boring chubby guys sweating on each other after they gas out after round 1. I have to be honest "Del Boy" looks like a pregnant pigmy T-Rex he is 4'9 and 300 lbs his reach barely extends past his stomach. This could be a rough fight with Justin being 6'8 and having no problem beating the juvenal diabetes out of Chunk from the goonies. Our money is on Justin Case because it looks like Derek is going to need a boost to climb into the ring. But weirder things can happen he may just be some sort of 4'9 muscle shark, but not holding our breath. 
185 lbs 3 Dick Bandit 0-0 vs Sean Murphy 0-1 (0-1 VFC)
"The Dirty" Dick Bandit makes his VFC debut, not going to lie I have been waiting to see this see this deliverance looking freak from Georgia fight since I saw him during open weight ins. He is like a super drunk Donald Cerrone at times, said he plans to break his RedWings off in Sean Murphy. Speaking of Sean, he is trying to shake off a early submission in his debut fight and climb into the win column. A traditional milk toast kick boxer from the land of Proper 12 we do not see either of these gentlemen getting a chance to roll around on the ground unless its to pick up teeth. This looks to be a banger; we think Sean is going to regain that Misty Mac swagger he lost after his last fight. 
205 lbs 3 Thomas Chong 4-0 (0-0) vs Olu Banjo 1-0 (1-0 VFC)
Without much adu the very deadly Thomas "Squirrel Master" Chong (Current #5 P4P fighter on the Island) makes his VFC debut against Olu Banjo another outstanding striker. We don't expect to see a take down in this fight and we have to give eh experience to The Squireel Master who has KO'd all four of his opponents in the first round, we are projecting a win to the Squirrel Master via Murder in the first round. But Olu has some spark in him and a lot of those QFC fighters Chong beat were cans that are no longer in professional MMA. There is no way this will see the judges. 
170 lbs 3 Areeb Bishop 0-0 vs Neil Parker 1-0 (0-0 VFC)
Areeb "Cobra" Bishop is a London based fighter that prefers the pugilist fighting style. He looks like a younger less douchey Michael Bisping and immolates a lot of his fight style.  Today he faces off against a very game Neil Parker. Neil is also making his VFC debut and is a stand-up brawler that uses his wrestling to keep the fight on its feet. Both fighters are physically almost identical, Parker does have the nod on experience, and did only need 50 seconds to demolish the can he fought in the QFC. This could be another TKO by Parker. 
265 lbs 3 Torro Torvonen 0-1 (0-0 VFC) vs Jimmy Vegas 0-1 (0-1 VFC)
Torro "The Terminator" Torvonen makes is organizational debut vs Jimmy Vegas a well-rounded martial artist who also has tasted defeat in his first professional fight. Jimmy lost his first fight to what he calls and I quote, "A squeamish night nurse that said his cut was to bad". That lost should have a astricts beside it, it was a like a small, popped pimple." To that we say sure Jimmy we could see your skull, we know your tough but that was for your safety. This looks to be a standup war and we think if The Terminator doesn't turn Jimmy Vegas's face into a blood sausage, it will be the Terminator who gets Terminated. 
205 lbs 3 Bob Crawley  1-0 (1-0 VFC) vs John Russo 0-0
John Russo out of Vaega, Samoa, a place known as their Rugby and powerful haka's, is often overlooked for their long history of hand-to-hand combat fighters that it produces. From Heavyweight Boxer David Tua (New Zealand Heavyweight Champ, 92 Olympic Bronze medalist, WBO Asia Pacific and WBO Oriental Heavyweight Champ), Pro Boxer Jimmy Thunder (2 Time Australia Heavyweight Champ, IBO and WBF World Heavyweight Champ), Samula Anoa'i (known to wrestling fans worldwide as Samu half of the Headshrinkers/Samoan Swat Team), and Jason "Psycho" Suttie (a heavyweight kickboxer and 6-time Muay Thai World Champion). Let's see if John Russo has that warrior spirit as he takes on Bob Crawley.  Bob is a pretty aggressive stand-up fighter that was able ego throw more than 132 strikes (landing 74) in his last fight which was a hard fought back and forth battle against Clint Rogers (0-1), winning by unanimous decision.  In this fight we look to see if Russo can take Crawely down and neutralize his stand up. If he can't, we see Bob Crawley beating the Moana out of John Russo. John is the bigger fighter let's hope he can use that to drag Bob down. 

Sanka Coffee's Island Show:

Sanka Coffee: I have two fighters with me for the Sanka show. So feel the rhythm, feel the rhyme, get on up it's MMA time and welcome back Jim "Freakboy" Miggleton and newcomer Morton "M&M" Masters. Jim tell us about your last fight it was a bloody war.

Jim Miggleton: Yeah my last fight was nice. I said I wanted a bloody fight and I opened him up with an elbow in the clinch and then furthered the cut with another elbow and punished his body with a series of knees. Then we went at a distance and threw a head kick that slid off his hand and connected with the cut causing it to gush and the doctor was brought in and stopped the fight.

Sanka Coffee: Sounds like quite the massacre. Morton you are fighting 1-1 Leg Day right? How do you think you measure up?

Morton Masters: Yes I am fighting Leg Day. I think I am the better wrestler and he has the better history standing up, but I'm a real muay thai style guy, so I expect to use my wrestling to hold him close and work him over inside. So I think I measure up quite well.

Sanka Coffee: Sounds like it should be a rather good fight. How about your fight Jim with your fight against fellow 2-0 unbeaten Old Leg Tartakov?

Jim Miggleton: Well he is a better wrestler and very talented bjj artist. My wheelhouse will play into his wheelhouse. Smart thing is for me to break him from a distance and work harder for the takedown, but I do my best work punishing with knees to the body and head and elbows. So it will be interesting to see who's style prevails. But let's get wild and let the blood flow.

Sanka Coffee: What is next for you guys after?

Jim Miggleton: Well this is my last fight in Vandal. I will be going to Rogue.

Morton Masters: Well this is just my first fight. Hoping to come out with a win and then fight again within two weeks. And continue to move on up in the 185 division here in Vandal.

Sanka Coffee: We look forward to talking with you guys again soon and good luck in your upcoming bouts.

• Upvote 1

Good write up. This will be an interesting and tough fight Old Leg Tartakov is hard to find fights for because no one wants to fight him, he is a hard out. It goes to show you how ready to fight Jim Miggleton is in taking that fight. We hope to get Jim back after he goes and crushes some cans in Rogue.

Morton Masters welcome to the team and you are going to have a good fight Leg Day is as tough as a 10-penny nail. This is a good test as you move into the pros. 

Edited by sgtlee33b
spelling
  • Upvote 1

Holy Crap so much has been going on the last 2 weeks. Let me post some back up fight info before I get to this weekend and some amazing fights.  Post-fight breakdown for VFC Fight Fights on Jan 14 at The Underground

185 3 Reese Rumbalo (2-0) (1-0 VFC) def Ryu Uska (1-1) (1-1 VFC) Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00

Rumbalo stepped up big in his first fight in the VFC. He fought a game opponent in Ryu Uska. But Rumbalo just pour it on from the opening bell throwing more than 142 shots to 9 by Uska. Uska knew that in order to stand a chance he had to get the fight to the ground and tried with more than 20 takedown attempts. Even when he was able to land the 4 attempts that were successful, he wasn't able to capitalize on them. Very impressive VFC debut by Rumbalo. No shame in this loss from Uska that showed he is not a easy out and despite eating 117 shots, he did not go down, get cut or get rocked, he can grow from this. We look for great things from both of these fighters. 

265 3 Igor Blancho 3-0 (1-0 VFC) def Kevin Carol 0-2 (0-2 VFC) Submission (Kimura) 1 01:43

No other way to say this Blancho beat the breaks off of Carol. Took him down with ease then put on a ground clinic until he subbed him out. That is 3 wins in a row which could see Blancho in the title picture. After the fight a dejected Carol come over and said maybe the fight game is not for me. We think he is right. 

185 3 Aahil Mohammad  2-0 (1-0 VFC) def Pacific Andriod 1-2 (1-1 in VFC) TKO (Strikes) 1 01:27

This fight was over fast, Mohammad quickly took Andriod down and started raining down blows that quickly had the referee jumping in to save Andriod from getting murdered. Great first fight in the org for Mohammad. 

155 3 Mancha Aisland  1-0  def Nate Giannetti 0-1 Submission (Kneebar) 1 :40
Debut pro fight for both fighters. The walkout took longer than the fight, Aisland took Giannetti down and kneebared him in under 40 seconds. 40 seconds now that is a debut. Can say anything negative about Giannetti because Aisland looked on a different level. 

Sub of the Night

265+ 3 Justin Case  1-0 def Derek Trotter 0-1 Submission (Strikes) 1 :24

Man, not sure if it is something in the water, but another pro debut for two fights and it was over in 24 seconds. 24 seconds I barely had time to look at the ring girl's ass and Trotter is up there tapping out to strikes. What the hell, do they not teach these fighters you don't tap out to strikes. But to tell you what happened, the bell rang, Justin Case came to fight, threw 5 punches and landed 5 punches and Derek Trotter came to eat punches and he did 5 of them in a row and then tapped out like a 4-year-old girl. Justin Case by Submission (Strikes). 

185 3 Dick Bandit  1-0 def Sean Murphy 0-2 (0-2 VFC) TKO (Punches) 1 04:37

The Dirty Dick Bandit, no way that is his christain name, well I hope not is making his pro debut against Sean Murphy. Put on a quick Mauy Thai clinc against Sean Murphy. Bandit threw 31 quick strikes from the clinch and just overpowered Murphy before Murphy could do much. That is two losses in a row, hopefully Sean can turn it around soon. 

205 3 Olu Banjo 2-0 (2-0 VFC) def Thomas Chong 4-1 (0-1 VFC) TKO (Strikes) 1 01:59
Thomas Chong making his VFC debut has been murdering people in the QFC fights with 4 straight KOs in the first round before moving up to the pros. Olu Banjo was very clear before the fight, amature fights don't mean much. Banjo need a little under 2 minutes to show Chong the difference in competition hit him with some nasty kicks and then smashed him with the peoples elbow to end the fight by ground and pound. That is 2 wins in a row for Banjo he should be near a title fight soon. 

KO of the Night

170 3 Neil Parker 2-0 (1-0 VFC) def Areeb Bishop 0-1 TKO (Strikes) 1 03:46

This was one of those fights that either one could have ended with a touch. But Areeb was unable to touch Parker. And it seemed Parker was unable to miss Bishop. Parker landed 100% (yes, that is 100% the same chance you all have of going home alone tonight) of his shots, 30 of 30 shots on Bishop. Great fight by Parker, Bishop just needs to go back and focus some on accuracy and not loading up his punches. 

265 3 Jimmy Vegas  1-1 (1-1 VFC) def Torro Torvonen 0-2 (0-1 VFC) Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00
Crazy fight, Jimmy Vegas was using Torvonen for a punching bag for 15 minutes. For some reason Torvonen wouldn't engage back, to keep that in perpective Torvonen threw a total of 3 punches over the entire 15-minute fight…landed 0. While Jimmy Vegas threw 196 and landed 196...yes you heard that right, he landed 100% of 196 shots. The most shots ever thrown in a single match in VFC history. While we are impressed with Torvonen's chin we are also concerned taht Vegas may want to hit the weights. Impressive fight we look forward to more aggression and output like that from Vegas. 

Fight of the Night

205 3 John Russo 1-2 (1-1 VFC) def Bob Crawley 1-0 (1-0 VFC) TKO (Strike) 1 03:46
Another pro debut on the card with this being John Russo's first pro fight against a mauler in Bob Crawley. Well damn Russo softened Crawley up on his feet with some good boxing and then Hulk smashed him on the ground to win via TKO (strikes) in the first round. Impressive. 

VFC 6 Extinction Event (1/15/2022) Micro Arena Post Fight  
Weight Rnds Winner     Loser   Method Round Time  
145 lbs 5 Richard Hall (4-0) (2-0 VFC) def Mike Schultz (1-1) (1-1 VFC) Submission (Armbar) 1 03:31  
Okay, Mike Schultz is a good fighter with a great coaching staff behind him, so it was highly confusing when they took Richard Hall a brown belt with 2 submission stoppages in his last 3 fights. It could be that Schultz thought it was a good time to impress his coach with his purple belt skills against a legit brown belt. Either way, Hall let Schultz take the fight to the ground and then ended it with a Armbar.   
135 lbs 5 Colby Brown (1-0) (1-0 VFC) def Yuuji Hoshino (2-1) (1-1 VFC) Submission (Triangle) 1 01:47  
Yuuji needed to keep this on his feet and knock Colby Brown out for the easy win. But it seems that neither Hoshino nor his camp knew that Colby Brown got the fight to the ground and exposed the Grand Cannon hole in Hoshino's game and ended the fight quickly with a triangle choke.   
155 lbs 3 Purple Aki (2-0) (2-0 VFC) def Emil Nikolov (1-1) (1-1 VFC) KO (Strikes) 1 02:56  
Two undefeated fighters looking to move up in the ranks, but only Purple Aki came ready to throw down. After powerslamming Nikolov to the mat, Aki put ground and pound beat down on Nikolov  
170 lbs 3 Daniel Doober (2-1) (1-1 VFC) def Willis Smith (1-1) (1-1 VFC) KO (Punch) 1 03:35 KO of the Night
Two hard hitting boxers had no intention of leaving the outcome in the judge's hands, Daniel was the more technical striker landing 93% of his 23 strikes. Willis was only able to land 3 strikes and spent most of the fight letting Doober tenderize his face before getting put to sleep.   
155 lbs 3 Aldo Nova (2-1) (1-1 VFC) def Rowan Bean (1-2) (1-1 VFC) Decision (Majority) 3 05:00  
Much like his brother Mr. Bean, Rowan put up a gallant effort against a more effective fighter and lose the decision. But this fight was closer than it looked on the score cards with both fighters landing between 43 and 45 strikes.   
170 lbs 3 Bruno Ponce (1-1) (1-1 VFC) def Tong Sagat (0-2) (0-2 VFC) Submission (Kneebar) 2 02:26  
Two fighters trying to get into the win column made for a good battle. Tong Sagat was very aggressive in the stand up throwing 60 strikes landing a amazing 93% of his strikes. Tong looked like he was heading for a easy victory opening up a cut on Bruno and defending more than 20 takedowns with ease. Then Ponce landed a takedown and slapped a kneebar on Sagat before he could scramble away. Amazing fight.  
155 lbs 3 Hellson Balls (1-1) (1-1 VFC) def Jimmy Gavin (0-2) (0-2 VFC) Submission (Guillotine) 3 00:58  
Great fight between two hungry fighters. Hellson opened Jimmy Gavin up like a blood sausage early and it looked like the fight was headed for a doctor's stoppage, but Hellson instead choked Jimmy unconscious.   
135 lbs 3 Aiden Murphy (1-1) (1-1 VFC) def Aiko Kinjo (0-2) (0-2 VFC) Submission (Armbar) 1 00:27 Sub of the Night & Fight of the Night
The damn just bleed guy was out and attacked Aiden Murphy during the walk up but it had no impact on the fight. To be honest that crazy fan posed more of a threat to Aiden than Aiko Kinjo did. Working at a pace as if he left the meter running outside, Aiden took Kinjo down and submitted him in 27 seconds.  
135 lbs 3 Kenton Tracks (1-1) (1-1 VFC) def Fritz Decom (0-2) (0-1 VFC) KO (Punches) 1 02:48  
Kenton Tracks beat the brakes off of Fritz Decom in this fight. Softening Decom up with some leg kicks and then finishing him with some solid combos and a left hook from hell.  Decom was more aggressive at first but was just unable to land his punches, landing only 11% of his shots.   
145 lbs 3 Ryan Thompson (1-2) (1-1 VFC) def Mr. Bean (0-2) (0-2 (VFC) Decision (Unanimous) 3 05:00  
What turned into a 15-minute kickboxing fight saw both fighters take some hard hits but go the distance. Ryan Thompson maintained a heavier output that Mr. Bean despite being winded by the first round and that help him take the fight on all the scorecards  
  • Like 3