Fedor vs Rogers

Broken nose and left arm injured for Fedor, but it was a great fight !

now, time to rest, and hopefully get the strikeforce belt from Overeem in the first part of 2010, defend this title against the winner of Werdum-Rogers (wow, Strikeforce's roster have no depth) in the mid of 2010, and go for a superfight against a top UFC fighter at the end of 2010 (or at least against Barnett in dream/Strikeforce)!

great night !

(even the Mayhem-Shields, Mousasi-Sokoudjou and Silva-Werdum were good)

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

fedors got my respect back. if it werent in a cage then he would have landed the arm bar in the first round. wow that punch happened fast!

i bet dana white was pissed the eff off. strkiforce has arrived on the coat tail of fedor and dana white will no longer be able to hold mma down.

Haven't seen the fight yet, but that GIF is crazy!!

He saw the punch coming before Rogers threw it, ducked down while going forward, nailed Rogers while still ducking with a NAAAASTTTY shot, way beating Rogers to the punch, and then, begore landing, shoved the dazed Rogers to the mat to finish. That's freaking impressive. And that's just one move!!

You are right, to be the best you have to beat the best. Until Gaydor beats the best he won't be the best..

Really? I don't think I can even say anything to make you look stupider!

Its not like the guy doesnt get hit though.

He was bleeding all over the place and took some ground and pound. Now full credit for sucking it up and landing that big punch but you cant help but think other fighters would be encouraged by the fact he's there to be hit.

All that said he hits hard, you can see the power when he swings and for such a smaller heavyweight that was some incredible power.

I would fancy him to beat anyone i can think of, but there are some fights out there that would be tough and a great watch...but non of them are in strikeforce.

The reason he's in strikeforce was plastered all over the fight clock, the cage and even strikeforce's logo - M1 and their co-promotional rights.

It sucks that some company like that can stand in between what MMA and its fans want to see.

The UFC should bend on this one for the fans and let Fedor come in for one of fights against their best before he goes and retires and we all feel robbed of what simply should have happened.

In my opinion, Rogers looked better due to Fedor having some serious ring rust. However, I would say that Fedor is still on top of his game and will be for another couple of years. Still would love to see him and Lesnar fight as i honestly think both are the others worst nightmares and it would be the fight to get MMA over the top.

Rogers impressed me. I'd never have thought that he would get out of the first round.

Almost all of Fedors fights have him losing in the first few minutes and everytime he turns it around. I'm almost starting to think it's a strategy, to lull his opponents in a false sense of security, forcing them to leave openings through some serious jedi mind tricks...

Fedor's a beast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock: :bigshock:

Well, we witnessed two beasts that night, Rogers is no joke and we will be hearing more from him. We also got a testament of Fedors chin (in sharp contrast to those articles I've read during the years pointing it out as one of the cracks in his armor). Rogers got some serious fireworks in those hands and he hit Fedor clean during the GnP.

Love this pic by the way, I could think of a couple of places I'd rather be than down there:

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/110709strikeforcefedorrogers/1025.jpg

Fedor had that cut about week before the fight. He was sparring with he´s brother Alexander and he got that cut from there wich opened from the first punch. Fedor dominated this fight and allmost fineshed the fight in the first,but in 2nd round he really punched Rogers hard and no one would survive from that punch. Fedor is still the king of king´s and all time best. No one can do the same.....8 years and around 30 fight era!

that pic is a great example of why i admire these guys(mma fighters in general)

can you honestly imagine what it would feel like to be locked into a cage with a guy and then realizing that your out matched and are innevitably gonna get knocked out. how scary would that be : )

Fedor had that cut about week before the fight. He was sparring with he´s brother Alexander and he got that cut from there wich opened from the first punch. Fedor dominated this fight and allmost fineshed the fight in the first,but in 2nd round he really punched Rogers hard and no one would survive from that punch. Fedor is still the king of king´s and all time best. No one can do the same.....8 years and around 30 fight era!

after rogers hit the ground he's darn lucky that his leg came up and deflected fedors next punch or he would have been dead

thats rather harsh on rogers who opened him up much further than any existing cut that may have existed befor hand

http://www.combatlifestyle.com/pics/albums/110709strikeforcefedorrogers/1025.jpg
I fucking loved that part! Rogers quickly realized at this moment, the fight was never an opportunity for him, but a televised execution. He was crawling away from Fedor like a wounded animal against a predator.

its a win but way even take that fight everyone new that would happen and who else is he going to fight theres no one he should of went to the UFC to prove that he is the best

Fedor has already proven he's the number one HW, therefore "the best" doesn't fight in the UFC.

Fedor has already proven he's the number one HW, therefore "the best" doesn't fight in the UFC.

It's still always going to be open to conjecture until he fights the best the UFC has to offer. If he retires without doing so then people will argue in forums like this till the end of time about whether he was the best and what would have happened.

I fucking loved that part! Rogers quickly realized at this moment, the fight was never an opportunity for him, but a televised execution. He was crawling away from Fedor like a wounded animal against a predator.

http://up2share.com/file/gycwbdjta_1.gif

Loved the attempt at the superman punch too, even though it felt like a long shot. Would've been a glorious TKO though.

fedor is a legend in his own mind if he wanted to be considered the best he would have signed with the ufc

and fought competition not a loser like bret rogers hes scared of brock lesner

if dana white wasnt so hard to deal with then he probly would be with the ufc right now

To be honest M1 global and UFC are as bad as each other and both have been responsible of removing up and coming mma promotions that threatened their individual dominance.

actually, i was really anxious to see how big of a deal m1 was actually gonna be. but i dont think that i heard there name but just about one or two times. i mean, honestly, there must be something im missing here becos they seemed like nothing more than a sponsor. why was dana white so set on keeping them out of the fedor deal?

fedor is a legend in his own mind if he wanted to be considered the best he would have signed with the ufc

and fought competition not a loser like bret rogers

MMA fans like you are an embarrassment. All you do is paraphrase Dana White like everything he says belongs in the Bible of MMA. Fedor has gone on the record several times to state that he doesn't care about his legacy, nor does he believe himself or anyone else to be a great fighter. He doesn't care. However, Fedor IS ranked as the best fighter in his division and has been at that spot for nearly SEVEN YEARS, a feat no one else in the sport can claim. Brett Rogers was ranked #6 by Sherdog at the Heavyweight Division. Shane Carwin is ranked at #10 so who's really fighting the better competition?

To be honest M1 global and UFC are as bad as each other and both have been responsible of removing up and coming mma promotions that threatened their individual dominance.
UFC? Sure, they've done that. M-1 Global? ...Um, name one example.

MMA fans like you are an embarrassment. All you do is paraphrase Dana White like everything he says belongs in the Bible of MMA. Fedor has gone on the record several times to state that he doesn't care about his legacy, nor does he believe himself or anyone else to be a great fighter. He doesn't care. However, Fedor IS ranked as the best fighter in his division and has been at that spot for nearly SEVEN YEARS, a feat no one else in the sport can claim. Brett Rogers was ranked #6 by Sherdog at the Heavyweight Division. Shane Carwin is ranked at #10 so who's really fighting the better competition?

UFC? Sure, they've done that. M-1 Global? ...Um, name one example.

+1

dana white tried to strike a deal with pride, couldnt cos he said they wer hard to deal with

dana white tried to strike a deal with affliction/couture, couldnt cos he said they wer hard to deal with

dana white tried to strike a deal with m1, couldnt cos he said they wer hard to deal with

dana white tried to strike a deal with frank shamrock, couldnt cos he said they wer hard to deal with

dana white tried to strike a deal with tito ortiz, couldnt cos he said they wer hard to deal with

according to dana white everyone in the world is hard to deal with but yet what seems to always be the one constant in each scenario DANA WHITE.

its a shame that a man that has done so much good for mma tries so hard to prevent so much good in mma.

he's constantly trying to stifle any other mma promotion. while all the others are working together to grow the sport.