Black belts?

ktownkickdoctor

i'm fighting a black belt in a week or so. pretty worried about the fight, but my guy has pretty solid skills so i think he has a good chance even if it goes to the ground for a bit (obviously i won't want to keep it there though)

his guy: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=19700

my guy: http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilepublic.php?FID=27901

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?

Submissions Exceptional

Defensive Grap Exceptional

Flexibility Superb

BJJ Exceptional

hope he goes Blackbelt soon

Chin: Glass

Heart: None

Intelligence: Retarded

Killer Instinct: Wouldn't hurt a fly

:D

that link doesn't work by the way, but you can post the fighter id

Chin: Glass

Heart: None

Intelligence: Retarded

Killer Instinct: Wouldn't hurt a fly

:D

that link doesn't work by the way, but you can post the fighter id

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=2951

intelligence: Retarded <-- so you and my fighter have something in common! congratulations!!!

and he was one of my first fighters made when i started. unlike 90% of the people here it seems, i didnt incubate or read the wiki, just did a lot of trial and errors. the topic was Black Belts right? lol.. not best fighter made or incubated.

and i never posted in my post that this guy was a "beast" unlike im assuming all your fighters?

hell my 18 yr old got #1 p4p with his best stat being conditioning at remarkable at the time, with his next best stat at all competent.

thanks for your critique though lol.. i hope one day out of my tycoon life i can be as awesome as your tycoon managerial skills.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=2951

intelligence: Retarded <-- so you and my fighter have something in common! congratulations!!!

and he was one of my first fighters made when i started. unlike 90% of the people here it seems, i didnt incubate or read the wiki, just did a lot of trial and errors. the topic was Black Belts right? lol.. not best fighter made or incubated.

and i never posted in my post that this guy was a "beast" unlike im assuming all your fighters?

hell my 18 yr old got #1 p4p with his best stat being conditioning at remarkable at the time, with his next best stat at all competent.

thanks for your critique though lol.. i hope one day out of my tycoon life i can be as awesome as your tycoon managerial skills.

settle down man, i was making a joke http://smiliesftw.com/x/cool.gif

even though i enjoy reading catty posts like this, i wasn't saying anything with an intent to elicit that type of response :)

*edit* just to clarify, the joke was that it would be funny to put all that time into a fighter (it's like 60+ sub grap sessions to get from brown to black, right?) for them to wind up being a dud, if you had never fought them until they were a black belt.

settle down man, i was making a joke http://smiliesftw.com/x/cool.gif

even though i enjoy reading catty posts like this, i wasn't saying anything with an intent to elicit that type of response :)

*edit* just to clarify, the joke was that it would be funny to put all that time into a fighter (it's like 60+ sub grap sessions to get from brown to black, right?) for them to wind up being a dud, if you had never fought them until they were a black belt.

well in retrospect he fights too much, at one point 3 times in 20 days. with no training at all.

when i first started i played like 2 weeks then stopped for a good while leaving their training the same for like 1 month so thats why all of my first 10 fighters are one sided in stats. Only thing i look at really is their VS vs their record, if im above .500 fighting fighters with better than a 2:1 ratio, id say my first group isnt doing to shabby with stats spread out in all areas instead of putting points in the proper places to begin with.

I have a question some of the black belts would probably know the answer .

i got 2 purple belts in the same gym both strong- i've been putting them both in bjj sparing but get hardly any impact cause the class' might be weak , would i be better to just get the 2 fighters to sparring on their own or does a fighter need to spar with a fighter of greater bjj to benifit from the sparing ?

I have a black belt, now if only he could learn some striking defense.

I have a question some of the black belts would probably know the answer .

i got 2 purple belts in the same gym both strong- i've been putting them both in bjj sparing but get hardly any impact cause the class' might be weak , would i be better to just get the 2 fighters to sparring on their own or does a fighter need to spar with a fighter of greater bjj to benifit from the sparing ?

They might be better off sparring with each other if you can't tell the quality of the classes. The quality of sparring is determined by the quality of the other fighters who are in a particular class session. If they are equal in skill they will both get equal amounts of training out of the class.

Is there a difference between sparring with 1 Brown belt than sparring with 2 Brown belts.
It depends on whose experience you're talking about.

The effectiveness of sparring is derived from the skill levels of all the other fighters who are sparring. Let me show you an example.

Sparring Session 1.

Fighter 1

BJJ skill: 1

Fighter 2

BJJ Skill: 110

In this case, Fighter 1 gets an amazing session of sparring. He is having a solo class of 110 value. The 110 guy will get very very little out of it. He is having a solo class of value 1.

Sparring Session 2.

Fighter 1

Fighter 2

Fighter 3

Now there are three guys sparring, two brown belts and a white. The white is still having an amazing class. Remember that his learning is the average of the OTHER students in the class. There are two others in the class, both with 110 BJJ skill. So (110 + 110)/2 = 110. The white belt got the same level of training. The brown belt, however has a very different experience. He gets (110[the other brown belt] + 1 [the white belt])/2 = 55.5. So both brown belts get a class of 55.5 level.

So for the white belt, there's no difference between one brown belt or two. For the brown belts, they will at least get something out of it if you put another brown belt in the class.

It depends on whose experience you're talking about.

The effectiveness of sparring is derived from the skill levels of all the other fighters who are sparring. Let me show you an example.

Sparring Session 1.

Fighter 1

Fighter 2

In this case, Fighter 1 gets an amazing session of sparring. He is having a solo class of 110 value. The 110 guy will get very very little out of it. He is having a solo class of value 1.

Sparring Session 2.

Fighter 1

Fighter 2

Fighter 3

Now there are three guys sparring, two brown belts and a white. The white is still having an amazing class. Remember that his learning is the average of the OTHER students in the class. There are two others in the class, both with 110 BJJ skill. So (110 + 110)/2 = 110. The white belt got the same level of training. The brown belt, however has a very different experience. He gets (110[the other brown belt] + 1 [the white belt])/2 = 55.5. So both brown belts get a class of 55.5 level.

So for the white belt, there's no difference between one brown belt or two. For the brown belts, they will at least get something out of it if you put another brown belt in the class.

Nice break down there...i like it