Black belts?

ktownkickdoctor

Remember that his learning is the average of the OTHER students in the class.

So for the white belt, there's no difference between one brown belt or two. For the brown belts, they will at least get something out of it if you put another brown belt in the class.

Is it the ability of the other people sparring with you, or is it the average ability of ALL fighters sparring, including yours, that determines how effective the class is? Do we know? It's a subtle distinction, but one that certainly changes things, especially in a scenario like the one you use.

Is it the ability of the other people sparring with you, or is it the average ability of ALL fighters sparring, including yours, that determines how effective the class is? Do we know? It's a subtle distinction, but one that certainly changes things, especially in a scenario like the one you use.
It is the average ability of all the other fighters in the class, NOT including your fighter. So if your fighter was the tenth fighter in a sparring class that had a total of ten fighters, his class experience would be equal to the average of fighters 1-9.

so if youve got two brown belts at the same gym and want to sub grap spar then your better off sparring them on a one to one basis?

Yeah sure. Obviously a brown belt gives you a better sparring than a white belt.

It is the average ability of all the other fighters in the class, NOT including your fighter. So if your fighter was the tenth fighter in a sparring class that had a total of ten fighters, his class experience would be equal to the average of fighters 1-9.

o , but if you were say strong in bjj . would you be better to spar with a proficent fighter cause the average would be prficent , or a random class were the average was only competatnt but their were 2 brown belts and 2 guys with white belts .

i would say that the competatnt class might be more benifisal cause your getting to spar with higher level fighters ?

o , but if you were say strong in bjj . would you be better to spar with a proficent fighter cause the average would be prficent , or a random class were the average was only competatnt but their were 2 brown belts and 2 guys with white belts .

i would say that the competatnt class might be more benifisal cause your getting to spar with higher level fighters ?

EJ I'm running this shit! OK first off yes if you spar with a higher leveled fighter you pop quicker! Second off I don't even know what level I have to pop to get a brown belt ;(. :poster_stupid:

I don't know how many more ways to say that the important thing is the average of the other fighters. Imagine that the sparring class works like this (and it is easy to imagine this, because real BJJ classes work like this) - at the beginning of a sparring class everyone pairs off to roll. After a few minutes pass, the instructor says "Switch!" and everyone finds a partner they haven't worked with before. The end result of this is that everyone rolls with everyone else, for an equal amount of time. So yeah, your purple might get some time in with the brown (and he will learn a bit) but he will also spend a lot more time with all those whites where he will be learning very little. The small time with the brown will be counterbalanced by the large amount of time spent with the whites. That's why the important thing is the AVERAGE of the other fighters, not the values of any particular sparring partners.