Welcome

Ecossesteve

Hi all,
As a newbie I just wanted to introduce myself and let you know where I am up to in the game.

Manager’s name is Stephen Watson based in Scotland and my guys fight out of London.

I have created my first four fighters (all done with random height/weight/points distribution) and currently have a 3-0 record with them (all via QFC) - three of my guys have also signed to Hardcore Fighting Championship 2.0.

I have £800 in the bank and my fighters are all based in the PSE Elite $100 gym in London.

Just trying to get my head around training, but it appears the approach to take is training your fighters in strength and conditioning as a priority and adding some sparring to this and a little of the individual skills plus giving them a couple of sessions off a week.

I also need to build the energy of one of my guys, so this is best achieved by no training until his energy levels return to about 90%.

That’s all for now, looking forward to working with some of you and if I enjoy the game I’ll be purchasing VIP soon.

If anyone has any hints, tips or advice, it will all be much appreciated.

Thanks

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi Stephen, welcome to the game.

As you've probably figured out, this game is a bit on the slower paced side - particularly as a free to play with only 4 fighter slots.

My first piece of advice is to find yourself a mentor. This can be found in the "Mentor System" button to the right hand side of the star icon in your menu:

image.png.8cb3943305b5b41e757a792003566ba2.png

There's a few really experienced heads on there. In choosing your mentor, I'd suggest reading their blurbs but also clicking on their profiles to check out whether they've got fighters you like the look of, ranks, or if they run organisations/shops if that's an area you'd be interested in for the future if you choose to go VIP. I personally haven't had an issue with anyone I can see on that list though I have not interacted with everyone. So you'll probably get put into good hands!

As for training, this is something that's a bit tricky sometimes because A) Fighters can have vastly variable levels of learning when it comes to how well they train and B.) Learning slows down the older the fighter gets, and this also applies to 25 year old creations. You'll find that sometimes 18 year old creations won't take much time at all to catch up to 25 year old creations.

However, some guys are genuine bricks and roll terrible base learning and will struggle to learn anything even with 1 on 1 top tier training. There are ways to test for learning speed, but ordinarily usually require VIP with some of the additional training information. The Tycoon Assistant also provides some really helpful insight to help with training.

However! You can still manage just fine without VIP. Trying to focus on single skills at a time with good trainers and not overcrowded class sizes (try to keep it 3 and under in public gyms), over a week will show you if your guys have any learning capability. Pay close attention to see if your trained skill goes up, but also keep a general eye out as training different things also add a small bonus amount of points to other skills/physicals. If you're huffing and puffing and training a particular skill that isn't super high and your coaches/class sizes are pretty good, and it hasn't moved for ages, then your guy is probably a bit dumb. From memory, PSE is one of the better public gyms particularly for the price so you've chosen well there. Other general tips when it comes to training is that:

1) Upon fighter creation, a conditioning value of wonderful 12 (110 points) with some energy supplements should get you through a week's worth of training mostly fine without dropping below 90% until the Sunday rest day (when you will then go back up to 100%).

2) The above mentioned learning speed stuff DOES NOT apply to training physicals. Everybody trains physicals at the same rate assuming equal coaching/facilities/energy/age/decline. It does however tie into training your primaries (boxing, MT, etc) a bit, as successfully training your secondaries (e.g. punches) at a rapid pace does increase your primaries also. At lower levels, sometimes having good physicals might win you a fight, but generally dumb guys (even if super fit) will quickly get outdeveloped in other ways. But yes, don't train physicals to test if someone is smart or not because even the dumbest guys can still train cardio.

3) Try not to double spar on the same day. One spar session a day if you're up to that point of development (with 25 year old creations, I'd say you probably do want to spar). Also it is VERY important to ensure there are other people in your sparring session for that discipline, otherwise your guy will gain NOTHING.

4) Keep your fighter's morale up by supplying them with fresh clothes (150). Get them out of the magic whites ASAP and keep changing. This plays into a lot of different areas of the game. It will naturally fall a bit with training and morale is tied into some other hidden values (e.g. some fighters lose a lot of morale when they lose a fight, others don't). Outside of winning fights, clothes are the way to go to keep morale up. Changing clothes everyday or couple of days will easily keep them at 99.9% morale, but you could probably get away with being a bit more infrequent with clothes changes if funds are tight. Cost of clothes is irrelevant to how they help (so buy the cheapest, or the designs you like the most), and they degrade 2 values a day starting from 150.

There's a lot more to talk about including sliders and so on, but definitely get a mentor and get them to help you. Also if you need funds to get you started, Alex K. (manager ID: 84400 or imcool on the forums) has a noob fund. You can post in the noob fund thread here, but PMing him is probably much quicker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 9 months later...

Welcome to the game, Stephen! It's great to have you here and see your enthusiasm for managing your fighters. Congratulations on your impressive 3-0 record and securing contracts with Hardcore Fighting Championship 2.0. It sounds like you're off to a promising start.

Managing your fighters' training can be a key factor in their success. Prioritizing strength and conditioning training is a solid approach, as it helps improve their overall performance and endurance. Incorporating sparring and focusing on individual skills will also contribute to grow their height.

Remember to give your fighters some rest days to allow them to recover and maintain optimal energy levels. Building up their energy before training again is a smart move, aiming for around 90% energy is a good guideline.

With £800 in the bank, you have a decent starting budget. Consider investing in the right equipment and facilities to further enhance your fighters' training. Keep an eye out for opportunities to upgrade your gym and provide better resources for your fighters.

If you're looking for hints, tips, or advice, don't hesitate to reach out to the community. Many experienced managers are willing to share their knowledge and strategies. Enjoy the game, and if you find it enjoyable, the VIP package can offer additional perks and benefits.

Best of luck with your fighters, and I hope you have a rewarding and successful journey in the world of managing fighters!