How to improve agility, speed and balance?

Anbe

Four questions:

How do you improve agility, speed and balance?

What is the difference between sparring and normal boxing training?

What does it mean when for example your punches and punching defense are useless, but your boxing is wonderful, or the other way around?

And when I train my punching defense is it only that level that improves or does boxing in general improve in level as well?

Thanks for the attention.

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Training

This link will answer most of your questions and any further questions you would have on training, but I'll answer your questions anyways =P

Yoga

Works on your fighters flexibility, agility and balance. A low energy workout carried out without the assistance of any trainer.

Circuit training

This is an all-around strength and cardio session held by a specialized fitness coach. This type of training boosts all of your physical attributes.

Boxing sparring

Trains your overall boxing rating and any peripheral benefits. You will spar with other fighters who are signed up to boxing sparring during this time slot. The better your training partners the more you will improve. If nobody else turns up, you won't get any training.

Not sure what you mean by boxing training, but if you're talking about punch technique training.. it directly improves your punch technique stats while giving some slight secondary benefits to other things

3. I've asked this question before and here's how it was explained to me: Punch technique teaches you how to punch, but boxing sparring teaches you how to box. There's a difference between knowing how to throw various punches and combinations, and knowing how to throw them with a real opponent who's dodging and counter punching. Punch technique teaches you what to do, boxing training teaches you how to do it in a fight. One isn't necessarily worthless without the other, but its usually best to have both if you truly want to be effective in that department.

4. When you train striking defense, it is that stat which is directly affected, and thus affected the most... but you do get peripheral benefits to other stats such as your boxing stat. Most of the peripheral benefits are likely in the physical category... but we really dont know at this point

Hope that helps... but seriously, read the guide =)

Thank you very much for answering. Maybe I just didn't look hard enough on the help pages.

So I guess that sparring improves boxing in general and so punching technique does punches and punching defense does punching defense. Makes sense. So for a good striker you probably best try to keep them all on a similar level.

Still two more questions does agility, balance and speed deteriorate just like cardio and strenght? And are there other ways to improve speed other than the 'slight' gain you get from weights?

How do i know if my fighter has been training? I set up his schedule yesterday and i came back this morning and his energy is still the same. Is there something i have to do to make him start? Like press a button or something?

How do i know if my fighter has been training? I set up his schedule yesterday and i came back this morning and his energy is still the same. Is there something i have to do to make him start? Like press a button or something?

Look at your training schedule. I bet you don't have cardio on sunday...