Revolution.

KyleNumbers

So, I took the dive and went VIP. Mainly, because I wanted to support the site. But, the nifty tools and extra fighters should be cool, as well. However, I had an idea for a new fight organization, and I wanted to start it as soon as possible to get "the edge".

I am not looking to carve out a niche of my own in Las Vegas, nor am I looking to run anyone out of business. I want to be the PREMIER organization in this entire game. Easier said than done, right? Well, I have a few "ideas" lined up to try and set myself apart...

- A forum solely for the Revolution Fighting Championship. Call out another fighter, complain about a champ getting "spoon fed", spitball some ideas at me, tell me I'm a terrible excuse of an organization manager... Anything, really. Check it out: http://revolutionfc.forumotion.net/index.htm

- I will not sign a single one of my own fighters. Period. Not saying there's a problem with anyone doing that, I just don't want there to be any concern over ethics. The focus of the RFC will be solely on becoming the best and raising money to take care of it's fighters.

- An organization for the fighters, by the fighters, and of the fighters. I'll talk every event over with my fighters, make sure the timing isn't too soon or too long, make sure they don't feel they are getting held down, etc. What's good for the fighters is good for the RFC, and vice versa.

Now, for the big news...

To get things started, I will be holding the grandest Grand Prix in the sport. Yes, 5 separate 8-man tournaments, spread out over 6 (or so) events. A grand prix for LWs, WWs, MWs, LHWs, and HWs. It will go something like this...

First event-

1. LW

LW

2. LW

LW

3. WW

WW

4. WW

WW

5. MW

MW

6. MW

MW

7. LHW

LHW

8. LHW

LHW

9. HW

HW

10. HW

HW

Repeat that for the second event. Then, I'll hold a third event to break the action and give fighters that come in after the Grand Prix a chance. Then continue the tournament for event 4, hold another event or two to give the finalists some rest, and then hold the final round of the Grand Prix, with each winner getting the inaugural belt for their weight class, along with a (very) hefty contract, of course.

Of course, their may be some problems with certain fighters getting a lesser amount of rest than their competitors, at which point I could of course just hold 3 Grand Prixs at first, and then two later on (or something like that). As I said, this is an organization for the fighters, by the fighters, and of the fighters, so once we have enough competitors, I'll talk it over with them and see what they want to do. But first, I need fighters! So if you're interested, send me a PM or just reply in this thread and we'll work something out. Fighters of all records and skills will be accepted (At first, at least), and then the bad seeds will get weeded out as the events go on. I'll be trying to grab some promising talent throughout the day, and we'll go from there.

For the veterans, if I did something wrong, or made a mistake, please let me know. If there's any questions or comments, either PM me or reply right in here...

Long live the Tycoon!

Contracts:

As far as contracts go, here's what I think I'm gonna do. Every fighter will get a three fight contract, with a 25 day inactivity clause. 0-0 fighters will get 75 to sign, 100 to show, and 100 to win. Fighters with better records will obviously get more. I'm open to some wheeling and dealing.

Now, each Grand Prix will be, of course, 4 rounds. This is the point of the 3 fight contract length. Finalists for the Grand Prix will at that point be on a 3 fight winning streak, and to not give them a raise for that would be larceny. So, each finalist will receive a pretty thick, 1 fight contract (Can they be one fight?). Winners get the belt and an even larger pay raise, and the losers, depending on how the company is doing and their popularity/hype, will probably get a raise as well.

If anything sounds unreasonable, let me know. Appreciate any input you guys have.

when starting out, it's best to start small, and grow. great idea, but you will have a bunch of 0-0 or 1-0 and 0-1 guys in it. if you try and get any good guys, which there aren't a lot of left, you will be out bid by a larger ORG. but I have a lot of 2-0 guys that were 0-0 in my org not too long ago. The best thing about this game is, it takes time, just like real life. So all the ADD I need everything now freaks last 1 week here, and are gone. sucks cleaning up their mess, but I don't mind

when starting out, it's best to start small, and grow. great idea, but you will have a bunch of 0-0 or 1-0 and 0-1 guys in it. if you try and get any good guys, which there aren't a lot of left, you will be out bid by a larger ORG. but I have a lot of 2-0 guys that were 0-0 in my org not too long ago. The best thing about this game is, it takes time, just like real life. So all the ADD I need everything now freaks last 1 week here, and are gone. sucks cleaning up their mess, but I don't mind

My thinking is, with a grand prix, if I have only 0-0 fighters, I'm going to get at least 5 4-0 fighters out of it. Which, this early in the game, is pretty good. Plus, I think people will like the message board thing.

I'm just hoping that, if I bid for one of the good guys, they'll like what I've got going on, see an easy chance to get a huge contract out of a grand prix, and grab it. Of course, there could be an upset in the wings waiting. If not, I'll stay small and build it up slowly. They key, I think at least, is setting myself apart from the other organizations at first.

you have good ideas, I was just saying don't expect to sign a 4-0 guy as there are none left. I wish I had an unsigned guy, I'd enter for the fun of it

Interesting concept. CFC is currently running a small 8 man HW tournament that I set up specifically for 0-0 fighters. It's basically like a season of TUF Comeback...winner gets a title shot at the current HW champ.

I think you'll have difficulty signing fighters to that low of contract, but I could be wrong. Maybe the economy is operating different in Vegas than in Montreal but my entry level contracts are nearly 4x what you're looking at.

I like the message board idea - it's something I've wanted for CFC.

Interesting concept. CFC is currently running a small 8 man HW tournament that I set up specifically for 0-0 fighters. It's basically like a season of TUF Comeback...winner gets a title shot at the current HW champ.

I think you'll have difficulty signing fighters to that low of contract, but I could be wrong. Maybe the economy is operating different in Vegas than in Montreal but my entry level contracts are nearly 4x what you're looking at.

I like the message board idea - it's something I've wanted for CFC.

Seriously?

Geeze I feel like a dick. To be fair though, the CFC is much more established than my company.

My 0-0 fighter got a 100/100/100, but he was in the top 200 P4P without even having a fight, so I figured 75/100/100 was fair enough for your run of the mill 0-0 fighter.

I'm trying to keep costs low for now, but I didn't know I was low-balling people. That's completely against the spirit of my company... I'll make sure to take care of my fighters after a few events, I guess.

Seriously?

Geeze I feel like a dick. To be fair though, the CFC is much more established than my company.

My 0-0 fighter got a 100/100/100, but he was in the top 200 P4P without even having a fight, so I figured 75/100/100 was fair enough for your run of the mill 0-0 fighter.

I'm trying to keep costs low for now, but I didn't know I was low-balling people. That's completely against the spirit of my company... I'll make sure to take care of my fighters after a few events, I guess.

Terrific idea, and I know it will succeed. Other orgs should follow your forum idea. What good is an organization if people don't have their own forum to talk crap and hold interviews, challenge fighters, etc.