Ivan Sidorov Fighter Interview

Ibearagimov

Maxim Ibragimov: Hello everyone welcome to another interview, today I talk with future legend of the fight game in undefeated dominant champion Ivan Sidorov discussing many things from personal topics to fighting. 

Welcome to the interview Ivan. 

Ivan Sidorov:  Hello Maxim good to speak with you and looking forward to giving everyone a better insight into who I am and my career.

Maxim Ibragimov: It is good to speak with you too Ivan. To start things of like I did with Boryenka I want you to let the people know more about your backstory and how you got into MMA.

Ivan Sidorov: My backstory is a troubled teen from the city, growing up I had many siblings and me and my brothers would always wrestle it would past time and help ignore what was going on around us. Life was not easy for many reasons but wrestling was big help and me and some of my brothers took part in tournaments and this is how we eventually got into contact for MMA.

Maxim Ibragimov: Like in MMA now, you was the most dominant wrestler in the scene I was very glad you signed it is just a shame it took me so long to set things up here in America. Now I want to ask about your most recent fight a victory over Vito Corleone.

Ivan Sidorov: My last fight was great, it was the most quality experienced opponent I faced and it helped quiet the chaos of everything with Wolves and other noise. A quick turn around fight and to do it with Boryenka was great, he won the tournament and proved himself the best after years of hard competition and for me this was what was special and why we asked to fight on the card. With Vito though I respect him and see now he has come off a KO victory in a quick turnaround after our fight, people criticised for his time away but I think he will continue to show how good of an opponent he is, which is why it is a big victory for me and his victories and competition fought speaks for itself. 

Maxim Ibragimov: It certainly does he has beat the current number one Middleweight by finish. Now last week we received news of your next opponent a fighter called Darren Hart, it has received some controversy so can you address that and talk on Darren?

Ivan Sidorov: Of course, firstly I respect and train hard for Darren, he is a solid prospect and has KO power, high level wrestling and also has stuffed every takedown that has been attempted on him, he is an opponent I have to train hard for. For the controversy it is just one of those things I will say I wanted the championship fight and we asked for it but due to being 0-0 in our new organisation it makes sense to have to get a few wins before competing for their belt so this is what I will hopefully do. 

Maxim Ibragimov: Similar to Boryenka's opponent  I am glad Darren accepted as I was unsure on it, and quick to do this so lots of respect for showing you respect. Can you share why you decided to sign with True Octagon Fighting?

Ivan Sidorov: This is an organisation we have been in talks with before and their owner Jesse said when I signed with Wolves that if I ever need an organisation how they will welcome me so after the one fight deal we got back into contact and came to a deal. I like Jesse and their team, and we are in current contact with them now to make things even better for my career and I trust they will respect it. This organisation excites me as everything seems to flow well here and I feel I have more freedom and respect than other organisations would give me.

Maxim Ibragimov: It certainly is a great team and a great move for your career. Now I wanted to ask you about any dream matchups you have?

Ivab Sidorov: At the moment it really is one fight at a time as every opponent is very dangerous and if I want to keep providing for my family at the rate I am then I need to win every fight and dominate. But I will say if I can get through Hart then Braxton would be a great opponent, other than that I will wait and see if any other names breakthrough for me where I want to challenge them. We have been in talks with some guys who want to fight me but for now they're very earlier in their careers and not worked their way to True Octagon Fighting, but there is a select few who are saying they will keep winning then defeat me, so we will see.

Maxim Ibragimov: Now you're a student of the game and this week is stacked with some quality fights I wanted to ask if there is any you're interested in?

Ivan Sidorov: Many great fights this week as you say, for me as I am in camp I will sadly only be watching a few fights where they're linked to my career or potential fights. Nazaire vs Hinto is a great fight, real striker vs grappler matchup and both are highly skilled in this one I see Hinto likely securing the submission however Nazaire is always a threat for as long as the fight goes on his feet. Omari is also fighting on that card, his KO comeback against Helio last time out was great, he is going against a really tough undefeated fighter where I do seem him being the underdog but I do hope he shocks the world again. Then the Wolves card is a lot of Middleweights despite how they treated us they do have solid talent it is a shame how many of them ignored my challenges though I think with them a lot of their fighters are managed by organisation owner so they do favourable matchmaking. That said I do believe Hyrra will beat Jaimie, the problem with Jaimie is he is very emotional, he has the skills to beat Hyrra but I believe after losing to me he will be reckless instead of patient and it will cost him again also Chai fights on this card he is epic fighter and deserves better, I see him getting quick finish, he deserves title shot I believe he beat the whole division in Wolves. Also despite being lower weight I am interested in Kamara vs Ghetea II lots on the line in rematch.

Maxim Ibragimov: You can do this all day, haha. It is good chatting with you Ivan do you want to say anything else before we finish, maybe explain your goals for your career so people know what they can expect?

Ivan Sidorov: Thank you for taking the time Maxim and everyone reading or listening. To close things up I want to say best of luck to all the fighters I mentioned and hopefully next time we speak I will be 13-0 with 13 first round finishes. There is some exciting news potentially for future opponents if things go how they say it will and politics does not get in the way. For goals I have many in MMA, I want to keep being undefeated, dominant and I also want to get another title and defend however with titles I am discovering from my career and Boryenka's that the physical titles are not always important but it is you being the champion and every win you defend it. Boryenka winning the tournament proved he is champion of that organisation without a belt and for me I never lost my literal belt it was taken from me but no man has defeated me, God willing that will not change. 13-0, 13 first round finishes.

Maxim Ibragimov: You say it best, well everyone that is all we have times for. As Ivan alluded to I will be doing interviews with Boryenka and Ivan post fights after we have news of next opponents. For now thank you for taking the time Ivan and everyone else around the world!

The following is from a quick conversation in present day following the prior interview
 Maxim Ibragimov: Well this is definitely sooner than expected but welcome back, haha. Ivan today we had some breaking news regarding potential future matchups and we discussed a certain challenge/ tournament you could host. Can you, without divulging too much, share some of this news?

Ivan Sidorov: Absolutely, this is really exciting news but its in infant stages where we're yet to formalise anything however have great ideas that we want to bring to life if everything goes to plan. And thanks to the continued communication with the organisation owners over at TOF it brings confidence that things can work out. What I will say is that if you want to challenge yourself against me and want to create a great event buildup, contact the man across from me in Maxim, you will have to fall within TOF restrictions and more details will be provided by Maxim. Already a few names have reached out to us which gave us inspiration and confidence for the idea. Again it is in its early stages and requires everything to go smoothly in this next fight so I will let Maxim focus on the details while I train but this is something which I believe will add a thrill and danger to my career.

Maxim Ibragimov: Well for the final time that is all we have time for everyone. Thank you for tuning in and as Ivan said I will be organising this challenge while Ivan prepares for his upcoming fight. Contact me for further details regarding the challenge and a further post on it will be created at a latter date. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3