Base City

shortstack

My fighter Jimmy Gale 2238 was my first fighter. I inadvertently signed with an organization in a different location (london) from his (las vegas). Now I'm stuck in a contract with a london company and am based outta Las vegas. I made this move before I read that you could not fight for an organization in a different city. Is there any chance you can move my fighter's base to London? I promise I won't make this mistake again. I understand if you want me to just ride out the contract.

My fighter Jimmy Gale 2238 was my first fighter. I inadvertently signed with an organization in a different location (london) from his (las vegas). Now I'm stuck in a contract with a london company and am based outta Las vegas. I made this move before I read that you could not fight for an organization in a different city. Is there any chance you can move my fighter's base to London? I promise I won't make this mistake again. I understand if you want me to just ride out the contract.

You can move you fighters base yourself. However it costs and it drains moral.

I made three fighters in three different cities. and I put my manager in a fourth. Bad move I know, but I just have to ride out their contracts, get enough money to move them and then do it.

:D GL

Edit: You can fly your guy over to London for the fights as well.

You're not going to be able to move your guy for a good while, simply because of costs. Get released from the contract and make sure the org owner knows not to sign other people from the wrong location.

That sucks, can't I get a bye on this one time? I don't see anywhere to change my fighters base city, and I also don't see anywhere where it lists the costs of changing a fighters city. I think a lot of noobs like me are probably in this same boat, so if you could give us all one day to reset our base locations or something like that it would be appreciated. We clearly wouldn't have done what we did with base locations had we known.

No, you can't have a bye :P

Check out the map page. Moving location is on there. Info about moving locations is on the Wiki. You can link to it using all the blue question marks on each page.

http://www.mmatycoon.info/index.php?title=Travel

7000 to move to a new location seems a bit steep to me. If you are going to make it that expensive to relocate you may as well eliminate that option all together.

7000 to move to a new location seems a bit steep to me. If you are going to make it that expensive to relocate you may as well eliminate that option all together.

Thanks for your quick response though. You run a great game here. I've got a PM in to the organization in London for a release. I'm hoping they do the right thing and release me so I can sign with an organization in vegas to get some fights. We'll see how that goes.

The game is meant to be a simulation, not an arcade style game. All prices are based on what it would be like in real life. $7000 will be within reach of some of the fighters within the game within about a month. I have a guy who is 5-0 and assuming he wins his next fight, I want several thousand base/win.

It's a NC not a loss. Orgs can't release anyone who has a fight pending which is why you have to wait til after the fight. Just make the most of the time to train a bit and don't release him.

This is ridiculous. Orgs should be able to release somebody even if they have a fight pending, if the circumstances (i.e., location don't pan out for the fight. Whatever. I'll just focus on my other two fighters.

This is ridiculous. Orgs should be able to release somebody even if they have a fight pending, if the circumstances (i.e., location don't pan out for the fight. Whatever. I'll just focus on my other two fighters.

I think you should build into the game a warning when booking a fight. The warning should say (the fighter you are trying to book is based out of a different city and most likely will not be able to relocate for the fight). That warning will at least head off some of these mistakes that cause frustration for both the org owner and the fighter.

If we built a warning in for every single possible thing that someone could do wrong the site would just collapse. People have to take some sort of responsibility for what they do within the game.

You signed the contract by getting a bit giddy and not reading it properly and that's understandable. The guy who sent out the contract offer is the one to blame mostly because there's a warning right next to where he sends the contract offer saying DON'T SEND OFFERS TO PEOPLE WHO AREN'T IN YOUR LOCATION.

If we built a warning in for every single possible thing that someone could do wrong the site would just collapse. People have to take some sort of responsibility for what they do within the game.

You signed the contract by getting a bit giddy and not reading it properly and that's understandable. The guy who sent out the contract offer is the one to blame mostly because there's a warning right next to where he sends the contract offer saying DON'T SEND OFFERS TO PEOPLE WHO AREN'T IN YOUR LOCATION.

i think that maybe before players actualy create a company or fighter that maybe you could install a warning page. it could consist of all the do's and dont's and also the reprocussions that will insue if they dont " READ " the warning. i have made a few mistskes on here but when i took the time to " READ " the help pages i found that if i had read before i would have not made those mistakes. in real life if you do things wrong or on accident you dont get to do it over and this game is a " real life simulation " not a 25 cent pinball game so i think maybe a warning page before you click to create anything. and yes i know the problem will still occure but at least you can say , didnt you read that big warning paper b4 " YOU DID THIS TO YOURSELF. almost every quistion i see on here is already answered if you just read .

almost every quistion i see on here is already answered if you just read .

Tell me about it :)

Yeah, we can implement more warnings. The problem is that some people don't even read their welcome message!

Anyway, I'll always work in more stuff to help people - obviously everything takes time though so if X that I'm doing in one day is an automated check to stop someone doing something stupid because they never read the instructions, that's really annoying because I could be adding more cool features to the site instead.

I disagree that there should be an ability for an org to release a fighter with a fight booked. That just places too much ability to really screw with managers/fighters.

I disagree that there should be an ability for an org to release a fighter with a fight booked. That just places too much ability to really screw with managers/fighters.

You guys are right. I made a mistake, and I need to suck it up and deal with it, lol. The help pages are very well done on here, however, I just didn't take the time to read them. Completely my fault. Thanks for the discussion.

I think that some of the new people are starting businesses and either not paying attention to what they are doing or they are purposefully screwing up. I had a guy send me a contract for my HW fighter to fight at 185.