Sol União Smack Talk

Comte

Dominicus Domingo (the fighter): 

“I’m smack talking all of you even if I’m not in the tournament. Get your lazy asses in the gym and work hard” “You guys are all wimps, I’ll face any one of you after the tournament is over even though I’m not the brightest. I’m just a pretty face with a sax in the end. Hit the gym lift some weights and hate your shadow. I’m gonna ban the weakest fighters from having a career anywhere world wide. I’m here with the smoke *cough* and I’m ready to…” (Dominicus passes out due to overconsumption of coconut cachaça and his wife drags  him to bed)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mickey "The Dreamer" Whelan

15755044478849.jpg

(5-1-0)

"My manager doesn't use Bookface ever since all his messages about never paying tax got leaked and he had to go on the run. Anywho, I'm gonna choke you out with yer own arms mate. Honestly with us being P4P #2 & #3, this should be for the belt. But I'll be getting mine soon enough either way."

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Adeodatus "Augustine Of Hippo Jr." Aurelius: I pray to God that he gives me the strength to overcome my next challenge in the face of Favela Samurai. I want to please God and use this as an opportunity to praise him. I'm hoping to use this platform to spread the word of God and I know Rio de Janeiro is full of people of faith. I hope to give the people a show and put my stamp on this league!

• 5 weeks later...

It’s October 13th, 2023, and tonight, we will have Sol União Fighting 6: Brawlout. This will be the first event booked by new owner Devon Giguere who has taken over from founder Dominicus Domingo. Getting a word from new promoter Devon Giguere, he excitingly took over the mic: “I am so excited to watch the fights tonight and we’re constantly signing new fighters. Expect more frequent events and more badass fighters to join. We have the inaugural welterweight championship tonight and a huge 205lbs match-up between Balogh Szabolcs and Jon Kramer that will be a banger for sure.”  

Opening the card will be a 170lbs matchup between 5-4 Support Me and 2-1 Drevin Sakurai. Support Me will be bringing more experience coming into this match-up as well as being 4-1 in his last 5. Drevin Sakurai will be looking to test Me’s chin while trying to show his takedown defence. Reversely, Support Me will likely be trying to take Sakurai down and submit him. Looking to be a classic striker vs grappler clash! 

Next up, we have another welterweight bout with 2-5 Travis Carter vs 2-8 Sandy Storm who both could really use a win here. Nevertheless, Travis has looked good lately winning in his last 2. It will be interesting to see if he can continue this streak and turn his career around or if Sandy Storm will stop Travis from his recent turnaround.  

Finally, we have a change up with a bantamweight division bout between 1-2 Adeodatus Aurelius vs 1-2 Santos Neymar Jr. Both of these fighters will be looking to get a win here so they can break even on their record and show their progression in their training. Both fighters are still young and will look to show their potential in this clash. 

Another bantamweight match-up between the debuting Gage Jordan vs 1-3 Turbo Bulken. Turbo Bulken has looked great despite his record and will be an incredible tough opponent for Gage Jordan’s first professional bout. If Bulken can keep it on the feet, he has a chance to get his first knockout. Jordan has a purple belt, and it is thought, he’ll be looking to rely on his submission game.  

In the featherweight division we have another debuting fighter in Geoff Mctaggart versus the 0-1 prospect Markus Kiviranta. Kiviranta’s one loss is via submission, so it’ll be interesting if Mctaggart builds a gameplan around dominating Kiviranta on the mat, or if he’ll look to test him on the feet. 

Back to the bantamweight we go where we have two professional debuts between Luca Romero and Laddy Sutherland. Luca "Mexican Argentinian" Romero comes from a strong wrestling tradition whereas, the Scot, Laddy Sutherland has trained in mma and will be looking to use his versatility to his advantage. We'll see who gets their first win and potentially a future champion! 

Speaking of wins, our next bout at welterweight between 0-2 Santos Carlson and 0-2 Kael Conner are desperately looking for their first win. Both fighters come from a boxing background. Will they stand and bang? Or will one of them look to use their grappling advantage to nullify the other’s standup game? Hoping for the former as a fan, but you wanna see a fighter round out there game as well. I wouldn’t miss this though, as we may see one of these guys get their first knockout. 

Another potential war on the feet will come in our middleweight bout between 2-0 Old Striking and 0-1 Serrano Silva. Despite Silva’s record, these are both amateur kickboxers who will be looking to put on a banger. Without the threat of a takedown, will Silva show us his stand-up skills, or will Old Striking show us who’s the best striker in the 185 division? 

Now for the co-main event we have some big boys in the light-heavyweight division ready to put on a show. Underdog Balogh Szabolcs (2-4) is rematching the favourite Jon Kramer (4-1). Kramer will be looking to call for a title shot should he win, whereas Balogh Szabolcs is looking to show that his last lost was a fluke. 

As for the main event, we Zark Muckerberg (4-0) vs short-notice fighter Chalong Kitjakarn (1-2) for the inaugural SUF Welterweight Championship. Zark Muckerberg has a solid record with his last win coming over current lightweight champion Mickey Whelan (7-2). The welterweight division is legit scared of this guy. Well, except for Chalong Kitjakarn. After having a difficult time finding an opponent for Muckerberg, Chalong called up promoter Devon Giguere and said: “hold my beer and let me show you how it’s done buddy.” Since then, the mma community has writen him off, but Chalong could pull off the upset. Rumour has it, he’s been working hard in the gym on his wrestling and bjj. He does not want another submission loss and if he can keep it on the feet, who says he can’t get the sneaky knockout. 

Thank you to all for reading, I want to try to do this more often and engage with the managers and fighers in this organization. Please feel free to give me recommendations and if you are interested, please feel free to reach out to me about becoming a writer. Sorry if it’s dry and boring, I am a philosophy/anthropology student, so used to writing a bit academically than creatively.  

SUF6.png

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

7w23.jpg

Zark Muckerberg: The tiny humans, they look so funny when they run in fear.

15w19.jpg

Piston Honda Jr: Eh, Zuck, that's not how you say it. No wonder they don't want to fight you when you come off as straight down creepy like that. But well, I'm having even more problems getting a fight myself to be honest, wonder what that says about me.. Hey, I just want to get in that ring, I will fight anyone, just get me a fight.

• Upvote 1