Stepping Stone Grappling adding Kickboxing!

sabaton

Stepping Stone Grappling and KT

Stepping Stone Grappling humbly began over a year ago looking to add something that was missing from the org options; a place where low level grapplers can compete. 

That goal has been established, and now Stepping Stone will be looking to expand the organization by creating a lowbie KT org. I've seen open-ID KT orgs but i've never really seen one just for lowbies.

In order to accommodate a smaller fighter base than MMA, we will only be looking to host 3 weight groups (4 tops). 169 lbs and less, 170-220 lbs and heavyweight. But we are just going to start with 1 w/c, and that will be 170-220 pounds. I am hopeful to start 125-169 in the not-too-distant future but will hold off on HW until the KT side of the org is more established.

Since this is a lowbie org we will need to do things a little differently. For now, we are going to start off ID and age restricted. Just 18 year olds created at 398k and later. Assuming enough fighters continue to sign on, fights are first going to be based on AGE and then rank within the fighter list (hype+pop) with the exception of not fighting the same opponent twice in a row. 18 year olds will fight almost exclusively other 18 year olds, 19 vs 19, 20 vs 20, etc. The only time I will be looking to have 2 different ages fight is when there's an odd man out, if a fight offer falls through, or someone younger is keen for the challenge. Since everyone should be training very similarly we won't be using primary skills for matchmaking.

While it is not set in stone, I am also hoping to cap our age limit at 25 years old. I'm not sure at what age fighters are ready to go open-ID but that's about where I'd like the cutoff to be. Fighters will be released once they are ready to go prime-time.

Fights will be every 4 weeks, and during the week, like Tuesday/Wednesday. Contracts will start out at 1k/4k/4k for 5 fights (renewed after 4). Signing bonus will increase based on how many decision wins you picked up in those 4 fights and win pay will increase based on how many KO's you picked up. Small increase in base pay is possible once I can see what the finances will be like. Any profits from the events will be split 4 ways (Fastest KO = KO OTN, Latest KO=FOTN x2, and the other 4th to the org.)

We still have to wait for another 500 fighters to hit 398k, so if you are interested, hit me up once your guy is created and I'll send over a contract.

Thanks and I hope to see you in the cage!

Dave

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...