Feaquein Bizihwaeile: A New Lease on Life

Dillooo

(Dillo and Feaquein sit across from each other in a neon lit basement with MMA gloves and belts hung on the walls in the background, a professional microphone inches away from each mans face, as if they’re recording a video podcast)

DILLO:Feaquein Bizihwaeilie is a veteran of this sport we call Mixed Martial Arts, competing across three different weight classes and competing in top tier organizations such as: SMASH, HFC and CFC; most notably becoming the SMASH World Heavyweight Champion, defending the belt 4 times successfully. Over the years Bizi has had an up and down career and has been through many managers. He has also had a rather mediocre MMA career after losing the SMASH Heavyweight Championship and parting ways with his original manager. Recently however, and late into his career, Bizi has stumbled upon a wonderful 4 fight win streak; 3 of those 4 wins coming by violent knockouts. I, Dillo, am here with him today to discuss his career, recent streak, and what potentially may be next. Let’s start with the first fight back in a while, Bizi, what was that like?”

BIZI: “Of course, I think I last fought the current OFK champion coming into this fight, and that was slightly over two years ago at OFK 250 when he was a completely different fighter. So safe to say I was coming off a lengthy lay off, and I’m not getting younger, so that was a problem. My first fight back was Orla Wanker at OFK 297, and yeah, there was ring rust for sure. It took me a while to get my groove back, but ultimately by the end of the fight I really started to get into my stride.”

DILLO: “I remember that fight, you were so proud you even still had it in you after the two year lay-off. But then that Bobby Drake fight, goddamn. Lets talk about that one..”

BIZI: “OH Yeah, that Bobby Drake fight was wild. I expected more of a scrap. The lead up, oddsmakers and pundits were saying that he was the better boxer and that stand up was gonna be his game, that I was going to have to take it to the ground if I wanted any sort of chance, forgetting that I’m an awesome kickboxer. Come fight night, man, I had to prove them all wrong. He came in aggressive, throwing some big shots and landing that jab over and over, even had me backed up toward the cage, I landed a beautiful cross that cut him though, and followed up with a jab that landed clean. I realized my shots were hurting him and honestly, he wasn’t likin’ them, but he landed a crisp combo for my troubles because I’ll admit it, I was taking a picture when I landed that jab. He went for a body hook; I slipped back and threw a cheeky little head kick that basically KO’d him on the feet. I didn’t relent either, I kept pushing him with some BOMBS, poor ref had to save him and ate a hook to the back for his troubles. (Bizihwaeile chuckles)

twenty-seven seconds was all it took for me to put Drake away.”

DILLO: “You got shafted for KO of the night at OFK 305, though. I still think yours was more impressive, but I’m also biased because I’m your manager. Now, your next fight, Ricardo Cruz. This one was one where you were really counted out, based off the fact that Ricardo held a win over the guy who last beat you. Would you say this one was more satisfying than the last one?”

BIZI: “Maybe, but pundits weren’t talking as much shit as they were with the Bobby Drake fight. This one they were pushing the whole striker versus grappler narrative. He was also coming off a loss so they weren’t really making a big deal of him other than he was the former OFK middleweight champion. This fight may have not been more satisfying, but it was more fuckin’ impressive than the last with how I finished it, and the caliber of opponent I starched. This one I took a more aggressive approach; I was hungry for another finish, I guess. Started off strong with some clean punches and ended up slicing up his face, even stuffed some of his takedowns to show that it wasn’t gonna be as easy to take me down as it was for him to take down Escalante. On I think what was maybe the third or fourth takedown attempt, I cracked him hard with a beautiful uppercut that made him roll back, and I didn’t let up, I slammed down punches to get him outta there. Thirty-three seconds that massacre took. They gave me KO of the night for OFK 315 too so that was a nice bonus.”

DILLO: “Your most recent fight though, they fed you another grappler even though I was sure a 3 fight win streak would’ve warranted you another crack at Escalante, instead they gave Escalante someone you absolutely destroyed in twenty-seven seconds!”

BIZI: “Yeah, but I was just happy to fight, man, that’s why I told you to accept the fight offer. I ended up KO’ing Edmonds eighty-four seconds into the first round anyway to extend my violence streak. I took an aggressive approach to that fight too, ended up landed a crisp combo that made him fold like a lawn chair, a nice spinning backfist to put him out too. I really think there’s no other choice to make than to give me that rematch against Escalante. But I’m always down to fight anyone.”

DILLO: “That answered the last question I was going to ask you: what fight would you want next?”

BIZI: “Yeah, like I said, I would really love another crack at Escalante, maybe get that one back, and even better, a world championship. If Bobby Drake beats Escalante somehow, I’ll rematch him and devastate him in mere seconds again. It’s all up to the OFK brass or you to make some fight offers for me. Honestly, I could take another random fight in the meantime as well, I’m not getting younger so I need to take as many fights as possible before I can’t compete anymore.”

(Bizihwaeile sighs, taking a sip of water before continuing to talk)

“But yeah, realistically I would like another fight in-between them fighting. I’m not getting younger, and I need to stay ready. Hopefully Brain Jensen is listening and gives me some random guy in-between now and OFK 333, maybe put me on that OFK 328 card. I’ll be glad to fill up the last spot on short notice.”

DILLO: “Maybe I’ll get in touch with Jensen and convince him to bring in a guy from QFC to fight short notice. Who knows? Gotta keep you fresh and ready for a title fight, seems like beyond the short notice fight, that’s the only other option. Anyway, thank you Bizi for joining me today and taking time to discuss your recent win streak, I know you’re a busy guy and always grinding in the gym, so taking time out of your busy schedule means loads to me, man. Anything you would like to say before we sign off?”

BIZI: “Yeah, Brian Jensen, give me a fight; I don’t care if it’s some QFC bum on short notice, or a title fight, or even another tough contender fight, just give me a fight. Also come to Dillo’s Dojo to become an elite level fighter, these guys have transformed me into an absolute killer. Thanks for having me, boss.”

DILLO: “It’s always a pleasure to chat with you, Bizi. You’re welcome on any time to talk your career and anything else.”

• Upvote 1