Read the wiki

I'd rather see a question go unanswered than see multiple read the wiki replies that don't have a specific link to the information needed, especially if the question is being answered in the Noob Help forum.

If I'm asking silly questions here in GD (guilty!) I'd expect a little less tolerance, but if I at least get in the right forum give me the specific wiki link that answers my question. There are enough people who will help with noob questions that "read the wiki" replies are not needed.

Show me a valid question that can't be found in 2 minutes in the wiki, or the forum search, that has been answered by :

"Read the wiki", and I give you 100k.

The people in the noob forum are so helpfull, that they will answer anything remotely difficult just to help out.

But there are just some, that are too lazy, and think they can have everything without investing anything.

It is like running arround in an mmorpg, and asking "give me gold" on a macro on the marketplace.

I for one, and I speak for most people in here, never got an answer like "read the wiki" because we actually bothered to get up our own ass, and do the effort and the research before we ask.

Does this offer stand? Because I'll do it.

Let's work together, you ask a valid question that's not in the wiki and I will answer it with "read the wiki" and then we split that 100k.

Read the Wiki is like RTFM. It just means read the wiki and don't ask questions that are covered in the wiki. Some people want to be spoon fed everything. :bangin:

And some people enjoy spooning others, just as much as there is a third set of people who like saying RTM. Why no let the spoon feeders do their thing ? At least it adds to someones understanding of the game. "read the wiki" replies without a link do nothing.

Show me a valid question that can't be found in 2 minutes in the wiki, or the forum search, that has been answered by :

"Read the wiki", and I give you 100k.

The people in the noob forum are so helpfull, that they will answer anything remotely difficult just to help out.

Which was my point. Let the spooners and spoonees do their thing. What does "read the wiki" do ? If you're saying no one replies saying "read the wiki" without helping then I suppose their is no point to the thread, other than getting 100k.

But there are just some, that are too lazy, and think they can have everything without investing anything. It is like running arround in an mmorpg, and asking "give me gold" on a macro on the marketplace.

I suppose there are some like that, however I'd say the majority who ask questions are asking how to get gold, not asking for hand outs.

I for one, and I speak for most people in here...

Ok...

...never got an answer like "read the wiki" because we actually bothered to get up our own ass, and do the effort and the research before we ask.

Why get up your own ass when you can spoon ?

lol you guys are douchebags! ( i mean that in the most loving way possible )

while the poster should have read the wiki, he does have a valid point of something that is rampant in pretty much all web forums...........

a lot of people post just to get a cheap shot in, instead of being helpful....directing him to the wiki IS helpfull, calling him a newb for trying to seek information isnt...hell, a lot of new guys probably dont even know what the wiki is ! they just rushed through sign up and now dont know wtf is going on. ...

its kinda like when you ask the IT guy at work for help with your computer, and he looks at you with total disgust that you cant fix the problem yourself.

if you ask me ( and nobody did :P ), if you aint got nothing productive to add, just ignore it. if its a truly stupid question, it wont get any responses, and the newb will realize he must seek a new source for his info (the wiki).

xoxoxo

watchman817

The problem is that possibly interesting questions and threads are being lost in the millions and millions of "WAAAAHH! MY FIGHTER WON IN 30 SECONDS WHY IS HE INJURED???? STOOPID GAME!!!111" and "Hay guise how i cut weight???"

These forums have an incredibly high noise to signal ratio.