Damnit, I did probably the worst things possible when creating this guy.

He's got some of the best KO power I've seen in the game, but I initially created him to be a ground fighter, and he's an idiot when it comes to learning. http://www.mmatycoon.com/fighterprofilemanager.php?FID=29429. Man, if this guy had some stand up striking, he'd be brutal.

fail?

He trains in a gym called "Elite Jiu Jitsu Combat Systems" which has just one coach doing punches who is a single elite (boxing). The sessions aren't amazingly small either.

Get him into a gym which is more suited to training striking :)

He has competent wrestling and a BJJ Blue belt so he can at least handle his own and not get submitted like a UFC 1 fighter, I agree if you where to get him with say a Boxing / MT doubble Eleite you would imporve big time. If you did not select "Is a fast learner" for one if his initial attribuites then yeah he might take time to learn and pop but I think it has to do with the gym! Imporve his Takedown Deff / Deff Grapp and increase his speed / balance / agility / and conditioning! Set your sliders to keep him standing yet have the neccesary ones set in case he gets taken down to the ground he will be able to win by strikes or use his BJJ / Wrestling skill to advance position or get up keep it standing where his game is at!