Controversial decision

There are no points at the moment for just being in a good position. I think though if you're in a position as good as mount or back control, then as you say, you should win the fight / be getting points for it. So basically I agree. Can't help you win that one but it will get dealt with fairly soon.

Looking at the fight in a bit more detail, he's got points for the knockdown and then my guess would be that you're not coming close to finishing the submissions because your guy is really tired, so it's not giving you many points for the sub attempts. I dunno though, it does seem weird given the amount of action from your guy so that's my only guess.

I just looked at that third 3rd good round. I could see a split there but I think I wouldhave still gave him the win. He had 2 knockdowns from punchs, he also switched you into mount which you did back to him. It was a close round I could see either way.

Cool, that makes sense. I just would have thought with the position and amount of submission attempts I would have at least have swayed one judge. Just out of curiosity, what do you score points for in a round?

Definetely learned one thing from this fight...don't try and stretch the weight cut!

Commentary is added as it works through the fight. So it works out what happens in the move then inputs the commentary for that move only.

As for what scores points, that would be telling/I can't remember off the top of my head anyway, but basically anything that would score points in a proper fight... apart from being in a dominant position. By definition you're more likely to score more points there because you'll get more points if you do something... but if you dont do anything in a dominant position, you won't get any points. I want to tweak that a bit so that you do get a small amount of points for being in a dominant position.

Commentary is added as it works through the fight. So it works out what happens in the move then inputs the commentary for that move only.

As for what scores points, that would be telling/I can't remember off the top of my head anyway, but basically anything that would score points in a proper fight... apart from being in a dominant position. By definition you're more likely to score more points there because you'll get more points if you do something... but if you dont do anything in a dominant position, you won't get any points. I want to tweak that a bit so that you do get a small amount of points for being in a dominant position.

Sounds like Pride rules haha. I really appreciate how quickly you're able to respond to questions--thanks Tycoon.

Shahzad this, Shahzad that. From what I read he won the 3rd round.

You think you won, other guy thinks he won. People on the side disagree and the judges are all blind stockbrokers who never had one foot in a ring and faint on the first sight of blood. Or on however blind stockbrokers sense blood.

Nothing you can do about it Wolfenstein. That's life... And apperantly MMA Tycoon as well. Just adds something to the realism.

• 1 year later...

Disagree, it was close but you lost. In the 3rd round you got dropped twice, he ended the fight by knocking you down and taking side control. You got the better of him on the ground in the 3rd, but it only went to the ground because he knocked you on your ass twice. Thats the risk you take when you go like 95% submissions or whatever it was, you have to get the submission or earn top position to win fights.

Intriguing fight, it was close. Maybe a few more takedowns would have swayed it in your favor

I dunno I give the 3rd round to Shahzad easily. He got you to the floor 3 or 4 times in the round. When you had dominant position you didn't land a punch and the submissions make no note of anything being locked on. Dominant position, sure. But you got no takedown in the round and landed no punches. Being hit with 3 or 4 hard shots, most which send you to the canvas...thats definitely enough to override what happened on the ground.

Shahzad drops Akiyama with a nice combination! Shahzad dives into Akiyama's guard, looking to finish!

Shahzad cracks Akiyama with a good shot that sees him stumbling back into the cage.

Akiyama chopped to the floor by a nice leg kick but he springs right back up before Shahzad can pounce on him.

Shahzad lands a left and a right that sends Akiyama crashing to the canvas! Shahzad dives into mount looking to finish!

That's a win, easily.

He's referring to the topic being inactive, or "dead". Posting in topics that are dead is a no-no on most forums, but as I've come to learn and accept, this forum isn't like most forums.

Looking at the fight in a bit more detail, he's got points for the knockdown and then my guess would be that you're not coming close to finishing the submissions because your guy is really tired, so it's not giving you many points for the sub attempts. I dunno though, it does seem weird given the amount of action from your guy so that's my only guess.
There have been several instances of fights where an individual made constant attempts only to have each fail, most reported on the forums as Takedowns and Clinch.

Akiyama got knocked down TWICE that round. Another shot also made him stumble. Earlier in the fight, he also failed a takedown attempt, giving some small points to his opponent. Despite having a dominant position, he didn't rain down GNP, score a submission win, or lay and pray. Instead, Akiyama was active only to find himself dismissed at every turn, more points for his opponent.