Victory Fight League - Official Smack Talk Thread

I've gotten word from Bryan Teal that Nick Diaz will have his first title defense on August 8th vs Andre Gomez. Diaz didn't have much to say about the defense, saying simply "It's a fight". I on the other hand think it's going to be a great fight. Gomez has a wealth of experience in ground fighting and is on a nice streak, going 3-1 in his last 4. He's going to bring a lot of fight on the 8th, but Nick is a machine when it comes to training and being prepared for a fight.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With just 3 days to go until his big 3rd Round fighter Shane Whitaker had this to say:

"Well after my previous oppoent stuffed his face with cream cakes to avoid fighting me I've got to say I am a bit pissed to hear that my oppoent in 3 days is going to fail to make weight. I think it is totally unprofessional and unacceptable of both the fighters and the owner to book fighters who can't make weight. I suppose this works in my advantage that by the time I actually fight someone who can make weight I will be well rested but I can't say I am happy about the situation."

When word spread of Burt Fangle not being on track to make weight, VFL owner Bryan Teal was contacted for his thoughts. "I am very disappointed about the news. I can't imagine why a fighter that only needed one more win to make it to a title fight would miss weight. Fighters not making weight is one of the most frustrating things I have to deal with. Shane Whitaker will advance to the championship fight because of this, but I am not pleased with what he had to say about me. Since his manager also runs an org, I would've thought that he understood that once both fighters accept a fight that there is no way for the org owner to make changes to the fight. I try to give my fighters ample time to prepare for a fight so I like to book events way in advance. Hence, there was nothing I could do about it. Whitaker needs to focus on his training and let me take care of my business."

Reporters caught up with a the popular Manager Bradley Burns today, and he took time to answer some questions about his fighters.

Q- "How is Eugene Bradley Burns' training coming, and is he prepared for his 185lbs title fight against Roger Daltrey on August 1st at VFL 10: Helter Skelter?"

Bradley Burns had this to say" He is very prepared for this fight, he knows what he has to do to win this fight. Burns is going to submit Roger Daltrey on the first of August and he everyone knows it. Roger Daltrey is a white belt and his last 2 fights he beat white belts with losing records. Burns wants this belt, and I want to see one of my fighters be champion."

Q-" You have 2 other fighters fighting soon. Sergei Bomber is fighting August 7th and Eugene Burns Jr is fighting August 8th. Are they prepared? And does Sergei Bomber have the courage to get back up and redeam himself after becoming 1-4?"

Bradley Burns said this "Sergei Bomber and I had a long discussion after his last loss and he told me he wants to fight, and he proved me that in his last loss when he refused to tap and instead went out cold, he proved he will fight until the end, and he wants to get back and prove he is a real fighter to everyone. He will do fine, trust me.

About Eugene Burns Jr, he is coming off an oustanding KO win. He will be looking to do that again. He has to be extremly careful in this fight because Griswalds boxing is very good and he is a purple belt. But Burns Jr is a smart guy, and he will win."

another impressive victory from Lebron. Cody put up a fight but it's really kind of unfair, Lebron is a man amongst boys.

Cody may have had a technical advantage on the ground. From the looks of things Williams has that advantage as well... but I'm 100% confident when I say Lebron is the most explosive man in London.

Congrats Bank.

Bruce Cody has been avoiding the press lately, after his devastating loss against Lebron, but he's finally plucked up the courage to speak about the fight:

'What can i say, LeBron was the better fighter. Do i think he'll win against Dean? Of course i do, look at Dean. The only decent person he's fought is Mitch Pitch, other than that, he's fought a bunch of bums. LeBron has only fought great fighters, and he definitely has the skills to destroy Dean in the first round. I'm disappointed at my loss, but i will bounce back off that and destroy Bato in my next fight. I've grown my hair a little and chopped off my moustache and i feel better than ever for my next fight'

A skinny reporter manages to track Totoy Bato at a small tough pub. Totoy Bato give this brief statement in between pints

"Pekka beat me fair and square, that was an old fashioned brawl, but I want another re-match with that guy soon. I live to fight and I am always ready to fight. I came to VFL to face the best fighters in London. I hope Bruce Cody will come to fight and not come to hug around and roll like a bunch of wussies. LeBronn, I want a piece of you sooner or later. that will be a real great brawl. Now, get out of my face!"

another impressive victory from Lebron. Cody put up a fight but it's really kind of unfair, Lebron is a man amongst boys.

Cody may have had a technical advantage on the ground. From the looks of things Williams has that advantage as well... but I'm 100% confident when I say Lebron is the most explosive man in London.

Like I´ve already said, Lebron will be choked out in the first round. You will not beat Dean and frankly I don´t think you have the ability to beat him. You will have to finish the fight extremly early or Dean will put you to sleep.

I hope Bruce Cody will come to fight and not come to hug around and roll like a bunch of wussies.

Bruce Cody, in response to that statement says: 'Have you seen me fight. Why would you for one second, consider that im gonna roll around like a wuss. Im gonna destroy you and that's that!'

A reporter approaches Andre Gomez about his title fight against Nick Diaz

'I know that Diaz is an awesome fighter, and i know that he's the best fighter in VFL. But i'm gonna try my best and hope for a win, i could catch him with a nice submission and that's what im gonna do. I hope Diaz is ready for me, because im GOING TO BE ready for him'.

Hi,

My fighter Mozenter deserves a title shot. No one can argue that he doesnt, he is 5-0, no questions asked..

You got offered a title shot against my guy Eugene Bradley Burns, and you didn't take it so....You may be the first guy he defends his title against after he wins it, if you're man enough to accept this time eh?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=26304 Just as I thought the fight would go...

But now I'm with the big boys, but the result will stay the same, someone's going to get hurt.

Feel the Pain!

Congrats, but your fighter needs to prove himself a little more before he is considered in with the big boys. The division he is in is pretty solid here in VFL.

The tension is palpable in here...

I see that Gomez is cnfident in his ground skills and rightfully so. However, I think he's neglecting the fact that Nick rolls with 3 of the best BJJ practioners in the world on a daily basis. Not all belts are created the same! and... He's just returned from Hawaii after training extensively with Baby Jay. Nick was giving the prodigy fits in practice and was never tapped out in their sessions. Nick lives to fight, he doesn't watch TV, he doesn't go to the club... and about a month out from the fight he breaks up with his girlfriend. Once again I had a hard time getting a comment from him but suffice to say that he is already in top form.

I see that Williams is feeling a little froggy. and he may be ready to jump... Lebron is fully aware that Dean is a one dimensional grappler and would like to remind Dean that the fight will be starting on the feet. I've never seen Lebron so intense for a fight, this fight is obviously the biggest fight in his career... probably the biggest fight in VFL history and it will be a memorable one. Lebron has promised to lay it on the line and take Dean out before the judges can make a decision. I expect nothing less than fireworks and a stretcher.

I see that Williams is feeling a little froggy. and he may be ready to jump... Lebron is fully aware that Dean is a one dimensional grappler and would like to remind Dean that the fight will be starting on the feet. I've never seen Lebron so intense for a fight, this fight is obviously the biggest fight in his career... probably the biggest fight in VFL history and it will be a memorable one. Lebron has promised to lay it on the line and take Dean out before the judges can make a decision. I expect nothing less than fireworks and a stretcher.

One dimensional or not, you´ll tap...like everyone before you.

After the third round of VFL's LHW GP, reporters got VFL owner Bryan Teal's thoughts. "I think it was a good show. We now have the finals set for our first ever LHW title fight. Everyone made weight so I'm happy. I'd like to announce the winners of the fight night bonuses. KO of the night goes to Lemmy MacLean for his quick destruction of Ferguson. Sub of the night goes to Winston Churchill for his armbar victory over Kobata. Fight of the night goes to both Stan Ross and Glad Tihata for their very entertaining war that went the distance. Congratulations to all who won. I have wired each winner $500 for their outstanding performances.

My attention is now focused on VFL 9 and 10. We have three title fights coming up next Saturday and a lot of fighters looking to make a run for the title in their respective weight classes. Now, if you all will excuse me I am about to go out into a field and ride four wheelers and shoot a 12 gauage shotgun, a .22 pistol, and my own 9mm. Hopefully, some beer will find it's way into my stomach in the process."

VFL press release from July 27, 2009:

VFL's last two events determined which fighters will battle for the first ever Light Heavyweight and Heavyweight titles in VFL history. Heavyweights Dean Williams and Lebron James both finished their opponents in the first round to move on the the championship fight scheduled for August 8 at VFL 12: High Voltage. Shane Whitaker and Felix Aguinaga both advanced to compete for the Light Heavyweight belt on August 15 at VFL 14: Evil Walks.

VFL 9: Eclipse, which takes place on July 31, will showcase quite a few up and comers looking to make a name for themselves. The following night, VFL 10: Helter Skelter will feature three title fights. The main event will see Eugene Bradley Burns face off against Roger Daltrey for the first ever VFL Middleweight title. Iain Durrant will defend his 145 strap against Trey Guarino in the co-main event. The third title fight will be for the vacant Bantamweight title as Wendell Diefendorf squares off against Aaron Barrett. The rest of the card is full of fighters looking to claim a possible shot at the title with a win in their respective weight classes.

Yesterday reporters caught up for a quick second with popular VFL Middleweight Eugene Bradley Burns, we asked him how his weight was for his 185lbs title fight tomorrow, and also we asked him about his manager suposedly making his own org in the near future.

He had this to say "Yes my manager Bradley Burns is planning on making his own fight org soon, but we both know my home is here in VFL and I am staying here for awile, same with Bradley Burns' other fighters, they will continue to be in VFL. My manager and Bryan Teal are on very good terms, and he wants to continue to help Bryan out and be a helping part of VFL. I think he is naming it London Fighting Championships, but thats all I know about it.

My weight is awesome. Bryan Teal was kind of worried about my weight but I will walk into the cage at 183lbs, so that is no issue. I am very prepared and I know I will beat this white belt Roger Daltrey, I can't lose to him."

After VFL 9: Eclipse, reporters gathered to ask owner Bryan Teal questions about a range of topics, including tonight's card, London Fighting Championships, one of his fighters debut performance, and tomorrow night's card.

"First of all, I'd like to announce the fight night bonuses for this event. There weren't any knockouts tonight so we'll only have three winners. Submission of the night goes to ERS One for his armbar win over Dr Alban. One has really made a move to the top of the light heavyweight division with this win. Fight of the night goes to Keira Knightly and Pink Floyd for their short, but exciting fight with a rating of 96%, by far the highest on the card. Congratulations to all three winners! I have already wired each of them $500 for their outstanding performances.

"I was pleased with the card. Although I try very hard, and feel that I do a great job, to be unbiased about who I would like to see win, I am very proud of my fighter Pink Floyd. He put his training to good use in a very exciting fight with Keira Knightly. Floyd is already right back in the gym training hard for a future opponent. Considering that most of the other featherweights in VFL have fights already booked, Floyd will not fight again until September at the earliest.

"I am always looking ahead, though, and am very excited about tomorrow's card. We have three title fights and quite a few highly ranked lightweights and heavyweights looking to break away from the pack. Eugene Bradley Burns looks to claim the first ever middleweight title over Roger Daltrey and remain the top middleweight in VFL. Iain Durrant, the number two ranked featherweight in London, will look to defend his belt for the first time against number ten ranked London featherweight, challenger Trey Guarino. Germany's own Wendell Diefendorf, the number eight ranked bantamweight in London will try to win the vacant title against Aaron Barrett. Heavyweights Check Mong and Pekka Hirvasluoma will clash in a highly anticipated bout. Fast rising Lemmy MacLean, fresh off of a KO over Angus Ferguson, will look to slow the momentum of 5-1 David Chase. VFL's top ranked lightweight Brij Khali will get a title shot with a win over Saulnier Raymond.

"Concerning the possible creation of London Fighting Championships, as Burns stated to you all earlier today, I am on very good terms with Bradley Burns and look forward to seeing him become more involved in this wonderful London mma scene. There is room for the both of us here in London. I wish him all the best and will help him in any way I can. Thank you all for attending the post fight press conference and I look forward to seeing you all tomorrow."

In the VFL 10 post fight interview all the reporters caught up to the new VFL Middleweight Champion Eugene Bradley Burns. He was asked 'How does it feel to be a Champion?"

Burns said this " It feels amazing, I knew I would win, and I trained very hard for this fight. I new if I lost to this white belt, then I wasn't a real fighter, I am a fighter, and now a champion, and I will hit the gym right away and take a little time off to let the MW picture clear up, and take time to train and upgrade my skills. I want to thank Patti from All The Kings Gym for running such a great gym to train at, and I want to thank Bryan Teal for giving me this title shot, and also thanks to my hard working, great manager. VFL is my home and even though my manager is making his own fight org, I am staying put in VFL for along time."