Conditioning - useful DURING THE FIGHT????

RodrigoMachado

its suppose to be but from my findings its not ---- i have a just about everyone at sensational and end up with about the same amount of energy as my opponents and i usually pm them and ask what their level is and its usually superb or below so take it for what its worth. just seems odd how we end up the same when im sensational and they are superb or less

its suppose to be but from my findings its not ---- i have a just about everyone at sensational and end up with about the same amount of energy as my opponents and i usually pm them and ask what their level is and its usually superb or below so take it for what its worth. just seems odd how we end up the same when im sensational and they are superb or less

How much energy is expended in the fight depends on how many and what types of moves you attempt, right? If I remember correctly from the discussion surrounding the energy use change aimed at sub/TD spamming, every move consumes a set amount of energy, then the conditioning level determines how much of it is recovered. If your fighters are attempting more moves on average than your opponents, or more energy-intensive moves, than it seems very possible that your ending energies could be similar.

How much energy is expended in the fight depends on how many and what types of moves you attempt, right? If I remember correctly from the discussion surrounding the energy use change aimed at sub/TD spamming, every move consumes a set amount of energy, then the conditioning level determines how much of it is recovered. If your fighters are attempting more moves on average than your opponents, or more energy-intensive moves, than it seems very possible that your ending energies could be similar.

i believe that is true to a point but in several of the fights they actually made more moves or the same amount -- what got me looking into this more and comparing carido's is when i picked up a free agent that had useless, yes useless, carido and he was like 6-0 or so and had fought deep into a couple fights. so i have on several occasions asked after the fight what their carido was just so i could compare.

Did he have those fights before the energy use problems were fixed? Because that sort of situation is exactly what Mike was trying to solve, wasn't it? Until October (or whenever he made the changes), it was patently obvious that energy/conditioning didn't work properly, which was why people could throw out 100 TDs or sub attempts.

And, just to be clear, I don't know how much of a difference there is between superb and sensational in a standard 3 round fight, in terms of how it affects your performance. I'm sure the difference becomes more important in the "championship rounds" of title fights. But I would get my conditioning closer to sensational just for the training benefits alone, even if it is a minimal impact in a fight.

The 5-round matches I have had with Elite conditioning fighters versus a guy with lower conditioning always end up favoring the guy who didn't get gassed by round 3. The last 2 rounds were dominated by the fighter with energy remaining and the end state of both fighters also reflected this.

My guy (Elite) won the decision and still has ~25% and the guy who lost was below ~5%.

I will say that only really large conditioning differences have seemed to make much of a difference during the fights though.

A 10-20 point difference hasn't been nearly as big a game changer.

Of course if your Elite conditioning guys eats a huge kick in the first round or something, it *really* won't matter either.