Magic position changes in fights

MMATycoon

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(singh on bottom) Singh utilising some decent striking defenses from the guard, preventing the ground and pound.

(singh on bottom trying to get to top and is stopped by merker... then Merker decides he should be on bottom?)Singh looking to sweep using the butterfly guard but Merker puts pay to that idea as he passes nicely into half guard.

(merker staying on bottom, improves position) Merker makes his way to full guard. A much better position for Merker.

In brackets is my understanding of what happened with the part that PBR quoted.

I'm not complaining about the fight. My fighter won. I'm just honestly confused and think I am reading things wrong somewhere. Or, the magic position change has me so messed up that I don't know what's going on anymore lol.

This isnt a guard change its just the submission at the end was the wrong one. There wasnt a topic I could find for commentary errors eventhough i think ive seen it before heh

Dean pushes a forearm under Rabnud's chin to create some space. He's escaped his hips and pivoted quickly for an armbar! Can he extend the arm? Yes, Rabnud is tapping out! Damn, that was fast!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:48 of round 1, we have a winner by way of Submission (Triangle). Eddie Dean!

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't really check to see if there was already something about this,but I clicked on the search engine and searched the word "rocked" and only find this topic and one other.I figured it kinda fits in this topic in a way,even though it's not a position change exactly it still has to do with the text portion in a way.Back to the problem now :P lol.Not sure if its an actual text like error or meant to be able to become "rocked" from missing punch but the second sounds silly so I'm going with the first.My fighter Glen Coleman apparently "rocked" himself after missing a shot to the body.

At the very start of round 2 my fighter does this,copying and paste and getting the image just to show it.

Coleman misses the shot to the body.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked.gif

Coleman is rocked!

A swing and a miss from Coleman.

Coleman is still on wobbly legs! Can Maldoa finish him?

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/clinch.gif

Maldoa has taken the fight to the clinch.

Link to fight

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=11937

Sorry if it's been posted before and I understand the game a bit in that it wouldn't matter anyway and would have lost either way :P lol but just posting it here incase it hasn't been seen but with as many members on the site I'm confident it has,but if it hasn't here it is.Good luck :graduated:

Yeah, that looks retarded :) I think it's left over from the end of the last round. I.e. he got rocked by the last shot of the last round but then it never got to that bit of code to display the rocked bit, as it moved to the "end of round" bit of the fight engine. Anyway, thanks, I'll check it out but that's my guess.

• 4 weeks later...

Nansen shoots in for a takedown! He's got it and he's managed to land in full mount! That's better than Nansen was expecting from the takedown attempt, I'm sure!

Prime tries to lock up and control but Nansen gives him a forearm to the face and pushes him away.

Prime is trying to keep from getting into a worse position than he's already in but Prime is working away and isn't letting himself get tied up.

That's one minute gone in the round.

Prime really doesn't want to stay on the ground with Nansen. If he can't get it back to his feet, it's only a matter of time before he'll be tapping out.

(REFEREE STANDUP)

Despite being in the dominant position, Percy Prime just isn't active enough and the referee decides to stand the fighters back up.

Almost seems like they changed positions in the middle of the sentence.

Thanks. I fixed that sentence where it says Prime twice (incorrectly). Unfortunately I can't find the position change though because when people are being inactive on the ground, it doesn't display every line of commentary. I'll have a proper look for it tomorrow though.

Thanks. I fixed that sentence where it says Prime twice (incorrectly). Unfortunately I can't find the position change though because when people are being inactive on the ground, it doesn't display every line of commentary. I'll have a proper look for it tomorrow though.

Impressive that you're always this fast to fix things :thumbup:

Might as well post this one here also:

Falls lying in Bell's guard like a wet fish here, stalling away. Bell decides he's had enough of all that nonsense - he escapes his hips and locks up an armbar! Wow, that was slick! Falls taps! This one is aaaaaaaaaaall over!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 1:47 of round 1, we have a winner by way of Submission (Guillotine). Russell Bell!

Should say "Submission (Armbar)"

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=22185

Would this:

Jones tries to jump guard but he falls flat on his backside. Tostito smiles and moves away.

break a clinch?

If so, no magic position change.

I still have some issues with the fight, though. Of course, I was appalled at how easy I lost, given the stats of both fighters that I could see, but that happens.

But also, my guy was set to over 95% stay standing both in the clinch and out, and over 90% stay in clinch. In under 2 minutes, he went for 2 takedowns (again, I guess I could see that possibly happening), but more than that, he broke every clinch he got almost immediately (3 of them). That last one seems weird

Yes that would break a clinch - you kind of have to otherwise you'd be on the ground :)

In terms of breaking the clinch after you make it, I'll have a look at a solution to that to override the sliders / random chance in a couple of weeks, after bookies are sorted.

• 2 weeks later...

White darts in trying to clinch

and East counters with a flying knee that drops White! White dives in and finishes the fight with a flurry of strikes from the mount!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:12 of round 1, we have a winner by way of TKO (Strikes). Klein East!

shouldn't it say 'East dives in' instead of 'White dives in'?

• 1 month later...

Not sure if this counts as an error at all or a "change in position" but is it a mistake if a fighter "rocks" someone but then nothing is said afterwards? No comentary on if the other guy recovered or anything, fight just continues like it didnt happen.

Sorry if this isnt an error but im kinda new and in about 10 fights whenever a guy is rocked there was a finish or a recoved type of comentary until one of my fights yesterday.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=45885

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=46561

2 min first round

Knees in the clinch landing for Mayfield.

Mayfield is trying to slow down the pace of the fight but Druff is keeping busy.

with the fighters clinched against the cage, Mayfield creates a bit of distance for himself and scores with a nice uppercut.

Nice sprawl there from Mayfield as Druff shoots in.

Tyler Mayfield has stuffed three takedown attempts in the round now. That's going to take a lot out of Dan Druff.

Mayfield tries to clinch up.

no break clinch mention?

• 2 weeks later...