HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION - 265 lbs

CHAMPION: Vacant

1. Derp Wyatt (15-7-0)

2. Cannondale Trail (20-11-1)

3. Jer Bear (15-14-0)

4. Sven Hensen (13-9-0)

5. Oleksandr Usyk (11-4-0)

OFC 245/246: REVIEWS

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1482028718ofc245.jpghttp://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1480863343newera.jpg

Fireworks! If ever there was a better word to describe the events from this past weekend. From the UFC and the 'return' of Ronda, to our End of the Year Spectacular, followed up by the start of a New Era with our first show of 2017. We've only Officially been back for about a month now after more than a two year absence, but OFC 245: Reclaim actually achieved the 2nd Biggest Attendance and 5th Highest Rating in OFC History! That is certainly something to be proud of as we had previously put on close to 300 shows in a span of 4 years. Also, we briefly cracked the Top 20 for the 1st time ever! That's definitely a positive sign of things to come and really says a lot about the roster we have here; so kudos to you guys! We have a lot to get through though to see how we got here so...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

Our Main Event, the Last Fight of 2016 featured two Battle-tested Warriors; Darren Lockyer and Bobby Bishop fighting for the Vacant Middleweight Championship. Lockyer comes to us from GFC, at 42 years of Age while riding one of the best waves of his Career. Having held Championships previously, it's highly unlikely to see him phased by the Bright Lights of the Big Stage. Bishop earned his shot after a huge win over perennial contender Duke Newell, under the same management of the OFC's Greatest Middleweight to ever hold the title; Rodney Ang.

Lockyer started the 1st round aggressively with some wild striking, actually opening Bishop up early. Bishop seemed content to just sit on the counter while letting Lockyer set the tone and fight his fight. Opening minute of the 2nd, and Lockyer's Boxing continued to impress; actually rocking Bishop a minute in. You gotta love his heart as he somehow managed to survive and picking his shots while trying to recover. The damage may have already been done however as Lockyer continued to dominate in the 3rd turning Bishop in to a bloody mess. Like the warnings of a Doomsday prepper, I think we all knew the end was near. It finally came shortly in to the 4th as Lockyer dropped Bishop with a beautiful left hook before advancing to mount and dropping wrecking balls like Miley Cyrus. The Newly Crowned Champion can next be seen at OFC 250: Glorious! as he Headlines again against your favorite friendly neighborhood Fighter; Peter Parker.

The OFC 245 Co-Main featured returning Lightweight Champion Ryan Hopkins and highly hyped Vet Boe Hogan. Ryan had been going through some tough times outside of the OFC so it was interesting to see if he could turn things around or continue to break like Kanye. And turn things around he did, getting his first and only takedown of the fight in the opening seconds. We saw quite the grappling match in this one but it was Hopkins' Standup that really impressed and made the difference. Taking the unanimous decision, Hopkins retained while possibly exorcising some inner demons at the same time. Contenders are starting to lineup in the division so he'll have no time to rest, early negotiations are in place to have the Champ defend at OFC 250: Glorious! next!

Hope you're all still with me, we still got two Title Fights to discuss! Next up, another returning Champion; Bantamweight King Jose Cronos looking to defend against the blazing hot Ali Pasha. Sometimes when you get two evenly matched Elite skilled Athletes, things can become a bit of a stalemate. A lot of the 'action' in the 1st took place on the ground and the drunken just bleed guys let their displeasure be heard. I actually gave the opening round to the challenger but maybe that's why I'm not a judge. The 2nd round saw the Bantamweights pick up the pace but a near finish happened in the 3rd, where Pasha started eating combos like a fat guy with coupons. Pure heart was shown from both men throughout as they ended up fighting the full 25 minutes and the judges declared Cronos the winner with a Unanimous Decision, retaining his title. It would not surprise me in the least to see these two fight again but the rematch will have to wait since Dan Price will get his shot at the title at OFC 250: Glorious!

The final title fight of New Year's Eve featured Light Heavyweights; Greg Coleman and Slade Wilson. Two men who've found recent success in the New OFC. Right from the get-go, it was clear these guys wanted to make short work of each other and get to their drinking festivities. Do you know how I know this? When some one starts out with a spinning back kick followed by a killer body shot, maybe foreshadowing the After Party. It only took two minutes, but after having a jab swatted away, Coleman lunged forward with a Huge Superman Punch! Wilson crumpled to the floor as I watched a kid from the 8th row catch his bloody drool filled mouthpiece, I just hope his parents got him some Purell hand sanitizer for Christmas. Coleman retains and meets co-knockout of the night winner and former OFC Light Heavyweight Champion; Shuya Nanahara at OFC 250: Glorious! In case you're not keeping count, that's 4 title fights for that show as well!

Now, let's shift our focus to OFC 246: New Era. No Holiday Hangover for this organization as we immediately jumped right back in to the mix of things. Huge title implications were on the line as well as Pride, although our testing is much more thorough (Mark Hunt would be proud). Without further ado...wait a second, I just experienced a strong case of of Déjà vu...

The main event of our first show of 2017 featured Welterweights; highly touted Tantalus Flay and former OFC title challenger Orpo Jokinen. Coming off of the title loss, Orpo had a look of determination as he started the fight gaining a trip takedown in the opening seconds. Unfortunately for Orpo, Flay's transitions and reversals are on another level, using the momentum to sweep and control the remainder of the round. The 2nd round was more of the same except Orpo learned his lesson from the first, keeping control for himself. The final round was possibly the hardest to judge, Orpo succeeded with two takedowns and six submission attempts yet another reversal from Flay to gain top control seemed to be huge in the judge's favor. I personally scored the fight a draw but Flay was awarded the unanimous decision. With the win, the inactive Flay earns himself a title shot but will his manager answer my phone calls to accept the fight? If not, I know of some rising contenders who will.

OFC 246's Co-Main Event was actually my pick for Fight of the Night. Two Rising Light Heavyweights; Satoshi Tanahashi and Roger Pott. Even while booking this fight, it was one I was eager to see play out because of the potential of both fighters...or maybe I just have a thing for custom avatars, but not like having a thing for furries or something, those people are just weird. Back to the fight though, before this review gets any weirder, Tanahashi dominated throughout the first two rounds showcasing his impressive standup while Pott was content to head-hunt with high kicks. And one finally connected in the 3rd, sending Tanahashi tumbling to the ground. Pott clearly wanted and needed the finish, gotta give the man credit for going for it. Tanahashi managed to survive the round and take the fight. Now riding a 5 Fight Win Streak and 2 straight in the OFC, Tanahashi will face recent title challenger Slade Wilson in the OFC's 1st trip to Vegas!

The final Fighter/Fight I wanted to highlight is Knockout of the Night winner Brendan Duff who took on the always tough Parker Allen. After taking the 1st round, Allen seemed to be well on his way to more of the same in the 2nd. But that's the thing about this sport, a single punch can change things. After rocking Allen, Duff followed up with a Superman Punch that landed flush with his jaw. This was our 3rd consecutive event with a Superman Punch KO, which essentially means nothing, but still pretty cool none the less! Duff now meets newly signed Lightweight vet Naya Shinoki at OFC 250: Glorious! With all of the big fights on the card, this one may fly under the radar but knowing what both fighters are capable of, more performance bonuses may be in their future!

So there you have it guys! Hope everyone had an awesome weekend and enjoyed all of the fights, there's plenty more coming your way with OFC: Blood Night XXXI this Wednesday! And this is just the start, gracing the Top 20 even for a short time has motivated us to do what it takes to get back there and continue to better ourselves and the entire Tycoon experience for you! And finally I wanted to thank all of the managers here in the OFC for giving us a chance, none of this would be possible without you. So here's to continuing to grow and reaching new heights in 2017! Cheers!

Not 100% but as far as I'm aware there should be. Cause handles the previews but he's a busy guy, I can promise a review for it though! :)

it would be fun to have a preview :)

• Upvote 1

OFC: Blood Night XXXI REVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1480392280bloodnight.jpg

War, War never changes. War is like Winter and Winter is Coming. And last night, Winter arrived with OFC: Blood Night XXXI! I've always enjoyed these shows because they give fighters without titles or the highest hype a chance to shine and stand out on their own. Whether it's with a Flashy Knockout, a Slick Submission or the performance of a lifetime. Some fighters rise to the occasion while others fold under pressure, but until it actually happens you won't know which category you fall under. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

The Main Event featured the OFC's deepest division, the Welterweights; Sairanix Lokren and Glorious Tyrone. Lokren came in to this fight riding a two fight win streak, making his OFC debut while Tyrone was riding the wave of four straight wins and a 1st round TKO victory of Tom Bowman in his debut. On paper, Lokren appeared to be the better striker yet Tyrone has showed he can throw hands himself, so it was interesting to see who can can emerge in that aspect of the fight and prove to be better. And judging from the first few minutes of the fight, Tyrone crammed for the exam and knew just that as he desperately tried to bring the fight to the ground. It became a Chess match of sorts, Striking defense versus Takedown defense, with the first man to properly implement their game plan most likely to come away with the victory.

It was about half way through the 1st round when Tyrone's striking defense began to breakdown, all of his failed takedowns may have had an effect on him as well. Meanwhile Lokren showed an aggressive composure throughout, picking his shots while pushing the pace. Tyrone has to be credited for how much he was able to make his opponent miss but with each one that landed, his armor was being chipped away. Three minutes in to the 2nd round, Lokren caught Tyrone right on the button, rocking him with a solid cross. He tried to get his wits back before being struck by a freight-train of a left hand by Lokren that dropped him. Like a Leopard pouncing on a wounded gazelle, Lokren took mount and pounded him out. The thing that impressed me most was the fact that he then proceeded to grab the mic in his post victory speech, got down on his knees and begged for a shot at the title. When you're in the headlining spot of a card and you just came away with one of the biggest wins of your career, you gotta make the most of these opportunities and Lokren did just that. He now meets Welterweight Champion Malcolm Mitchell at OFC 250: Glorious!

On to our Co-Main Event, two highly-touted Light Heavyweights making their OFC debuts; Shape Shifter and Benjamin BK. Knowing the division is wide open at the moment, an impressive performance here could instantly catapult either man in to the Championship hemisphere. We had a slow start to the fight seeing both men really trying to get a feel for each other, neutralizing takedown and clinch attempts. when finally managing to get the clinch, Shifter continued to shoot for takedowns but BK seemed to be more in his element, taking advantage with some lefts and rights landing. The majority of the round took place here, seeing BK control most of the action. But less then a minute in to the 2nd round we witnessed the momentum swing like a Space Shuttle Rollercoaster. BK had a lapse in judgement and brought the fight to the ground with a good double leg after he seemed to be getting the better of the standup. Questionable decision which will most likely haunt him until he steps in to the cage again. From guard, Shifter pushed BK off of him and worked for a very quick armbar from the bottom, flipped on to his stomach, forced the tapout and earned himself the Submission of the Night. Now that's how you make you're OFC debut, OFC Hall of Famer and Submission record holder Corey Haim would be proud.

Next up, we got Rising Middleweight Contenders; Rupert Blasts and Jesse Blake. After both having won their OFC debuts, it only made sense to see these two meet, just a shame one of them had to lose...unless of course we get a draw *Raises pinky finger to mouth in an incredibly outdated Dr.Evil reference*. But thus was not the case, we actually got to witness a great example of why this sport is called Mixed Martial Arts. We saw this fight take place everywhere with Blasts having a strong focus on the clinch (12 of 20) while Blake was determined to bring the fight to the floor (1 for 16). Those numbers are pretty glaring, clearly one man found success with their gameplan while the other had to resort to fending off attacks. And that was the story of the fight, dominate performance from Blasts who moves his career record to 12-2-1 and now meets Jordan Belfort in the OFC's 1st trip to Vegas. You gotta think there's HUGE title implications with that fight but I feel like I'm turning in to Dana White with all the promised title shot giveaways so...Let's just see what happens!

And the last fight I wanted to highlight was our Fight of the Night; Clubber Bull vs Billy Marques. The drive of these two Welterweight young bucks is truly something to be fond of. You just know these guys are putting in the work in order to be able to compete with the divisions best and a win here could really propel them to new heights. Marques came out working his magic with some marvelous striking pushing the pace for most of 1st and even stumbling Bull at one point. 2nd round saw Bull find more success with his takedowns but it wasn't enough as he was still unable to control Marques when he did get him down. Heading in to the final round, down on the scorecards, you should've heard Bull's cornermen shouting so many expletives that it dwarfed Mel Gibson's drunken rants. Some people appreciate positive reinforcement while others prefer to be verbally abused, hey, whatever works, right? In this case, it worked, a minute in Bull closed the distance rushing in like...well...a Bull, getting the takedown and immediately working the GNP! The finish came when Bull was standing above Marques and dove in with a powerful left, followed up by more punches and elbows. One hell of a come from behind victory that will not soon be forgotten. Marques took the loss like a true champion however, promising the fans to come back stronger than ever...and you know what? I actually believe him.

And that about wraps it up for the OFC: Blood Night XXXI REVIEW! We'll be back this weekend with OFC 247: Jarl Borg Day headlined by Kim Il Sung vs Tat Moh! followed by 3 events in the span of 4 days next week. We're just getting started here guys, really hope you're all enjoying all the work that's being put in and the entire Tycoon experience we're trying to deliver. As always, my inbox is always open if there's anything you need, feel free to reach out or join the discussion in our Official Smack Talk Thread on the forums. Also, if you have any fighters looking for a home, just let me know! But yeah, enjoy the rest of the week, stay out of trouble and I'll see you soon!

OFC 247: Jarl Borg Day REVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1480739452jarlborg.jpg

Much like seafaring pirates and traders who raided and settled in many parts of northwestern Europe in the 8th–11th centuries, the fighters of the OFC gathered last night to honor Jarl Borg and fight like Vikings. Scandinavian axes were on full display as fighters made their way to the cage and our ring card girls brandished wooden shields with Round numbers painted on, a very nice touch in my humble opinion. Headlined by two very skilled Welterweights making their OFC debuts, more than pride was on line as the losing fighter's village would highly likely be pillaged. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

On paper, Kim Il Sung and Tat Moh share nearly identical primaries, with a slight edge going to Moh in the Wrestling department. And that's exactly what came in to play almost immediately. After being on the receiving on of a slapping leg kick, Moh dove from a distance and got the takedown, which could be compared to an Eagle swooping down and snatching Salmon out of water. Il Sung came prepared though, he had to know he was going to be on his back at some point as he attempted 6 consecutive submissions from the bottom. A few close calls before both men took a moment to re-evaluate things, which was more then enough time for the ref to stand them. This is where we saw a bit of a role reversal, Il Sung countered with a single leg and Moh threw up some submissions of his own. Close round but commentary seemed to give the 1st to Moh. Coming out for the 2nd, Moh figured he had a recipe for success and looked for a repeat performance from the first five minutes. He got double underhooks and brought the fight back to the ground. Il Sung had already seen that movie though and wasn't up for a sequel, using Moh's momentum to reverse positions and eventually move to full mount! Il Sung did a much better job here of offering mixed attacks, attempting less submissions while connecting with some scary GNP. One round a piece...

These guys had to be close to exhaustion going in to the final frame, I know I was just from 'watching'. Moh started it by going back to the leg attack but Il Sung retaliated with a series of strikes, topped off with a nice takedown in to halfguard. After the ref stood them again, it was Moh who looked to score with a takedown of his own and the fans were going absolutely nuts at this point, I thought Bieber had walked in to the arena or something, but no, these are just real fight fans. As soon as they hit the floor, Moh threw a sloppy strike and Il Sung hooked up an armbar on the loose arm! He turned and extended fully, Moh was forced to tap! HUGE win for Il Sung, who is now looking to move up a weight class and wait for the winner of next week's Middleweight Title Fight. Before leaving the cage, Moh left us with some final words..."The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering", very well said my friend.

Our Co-Main Event featured Welterweights; Mr Universe and Tom Bowman. The super popular Universe comes to us from GFC and I must say when he became a free agent, his fans were blowing up my twitter: @Str33tJustus begging for me to sign the 34 year old. While on the other side of the cage, Bowman was looking to come back from a disappointing outing in his last go of things. It was no secret that Bowman would be looking to take advantage of Universe's weak ground game, I would compare it to a Black belt taking on a blue belt but that's exactly what it was. But after speaking with Universe's coaches all week, I seemed to be more concerned about it then they were. And it showed why in the fight...Bowman attempted 40 Takedowns, scoring 6 yet only attempting a single submission. A lot of credit for that needs to be given to Universe and his team as he completely negated Bowman's gameplan. Impressive performance by Universe who escaped bad positions beautifully, worked his standup efficiently and walked away with the unanimous decision victory moving his record to 22-9-0.

Next up we got, yup, you guessed it, more Welterweights; Arthur Halo and Childish Gambino. Both men coming off of big wins in this classic Striker vs Grappler matchup. Gambino managed to land a single jab before leaving this earth and officially arriving at a new destination; Hell. The devil's Halo greeted him at the entrance with a desperate takedown, followed by five submission attempts. Gambino saw the light momentarily as he managed to sweep but that was nothing more than a facade...Halo proceed to push a forearm under Gambino's chin to create some space. He escaped his hips and pivoted quickly for an armbar, forcing Gambino to tap for the 1st time in his now 48 fight career. Masterful performance from Halo, who continues to move up the ladder, taking on stiffer competition on his way to the title.

Lastly, I wanted to highlight a couple of our performance of the night winners. After rocking Hirusho Matasaki from the clinch, Tyler Wrexham then dropped him with a quick right, showing the world what dirty boxing looks like when done right. Wrexham was awarded with the KO of the night after Matasaki tried to stand but ended up looking like a model walking the runway with broken ankles. And finally, William Lee received the Submission of the night bonus for a stunning chain submission, switching from a triangle to a triangle armbar forcing Frank Lamphard to tap at the 1:28 mark of the first. Electronic Arts needs to get in touch with this guy to start mocapping the moves for EA UFC 3, they'd certainly look more fluent, that's for damn sure!

So there you have it, that about wraps it up for this review. Hope everyone had an awesome weekend and got some good training in. The OFC will be back next week with 3 events in the span of 4 days! Going to be a busy week but a fun one, make sure to get your bets in at OFC: Official Bets! As you can see, We're continuing to grow daily and this is only the beginning, if you have any fighters looking for a home just let me know and I'll send a contract your way. Also, we have a Smack Talk thread on the forums where I post these reviews and the OFC rankings, feel free to join in on the conversation or chirp at opponents. And if there's anything you need, my inbox is always open. Talk to you guys soon, have a great week!

OFC: Official Rankings - 8/1/2017

BANTAMWEIGHT DIVISION - 135 lbs

CHAMPION: Jose Cronos (33-17-0)

1. Dan Price (26-17-0)

2. Burt the Hurt (26-14-1)

3. Ali Pasha (22-13-2)

4. Ken Kahne (18-6-0)

5. Vice Versa (10-4-0)

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION - 145 lbs

1. Marlo Stanfield (22-9-0)

2. Kalle Palikka (13-8-0)

3. Krejzi Kure (17-14-1)

4. Gurney Halleck (7-5-0)

5. Chico Morales (14-9-0)

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION - 155 lbs

CHAMPION: Ryan Hopkins (25-13-1)

1. Neymar Santos (25-18-0)

2. Lewis Scott (20-10-0)

3. Robbie Rockin (19-10-1)

4. Delphino Atlantis (17-9-2)

5. Boe Hogan (34-18-0)

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION - 170 lbs

CHAMPION: Malcolm Mitchell (24-14-0)

1. Sairanix Lokren (15-7-0)

2. Andy Barclay (26-13-1)

3. Tantalus Flay (32-12-2)

4. Mr Universe (22-9-0)

5. Nathanial Armstrong (16-8-0)

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION - 185 lbs

CHAMPION: Darren Lockyer (40-18-2)

1. Kim Il Sung (21-14-0)

2. Peter Parker (18-11-0)

3. Jordan Belfort (16-9-0)

4. Rupert Blasts (12-2-1)

5. Bobby Bishop (30-16-1)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION - 205 lbs

CHAMPION: Greg Coleman (18-8-0)

1. Shuya Nanahara (35-11-0)

2. Shape Shifter (15-11-0)

3. Ernest Young (21-6-1)

4. Antonio Ronaldo (22-12-1)

5. Erik Bjorkman (10-5-0)

1. Derp Wyatt (15-7-0)

2. Cannondale Trail (20-11-1)

3. Convicted Killer (27-11-0)

4. Sven Hensen (13-9-0)

5. Jer Bear (15-14-0)

OFC 248: Roadblock REVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1482020038ofc248.jpg

Much like the Authorities when you go on a Five Star Rampage in Grand Theft Auto, the OFC was back to hit you with a Roadblock! In front of a Sold Out crowd at the Hayashi's Lounge in Montreal, the OFC featured it's first of three events in the span of four days. You can really feel the positive fight vibes in the air throughout the city. I actually spoke with one of Main Eventer Ernest Young's biggest fans who traveled here all the way from London...I couldn't make out what he was saying, he was extremely intoxicated, but he gave me the thumbs up a few times. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

Let me tell you, booking a main event for this show was a hassle and a half, was beginning to think the entire card was cursed. But in the final hour before rifling the feathers of the commission, Light Heavyweight Benjamin "Duboo" BK stepped up after his loss to Shape Shifter at OFC: Blood Night XXXI just a week ago and agreed to meet OFC Newcomer with the record of 21-6-1; Ernest Young. Coming in to this fight riding a 3 fight losing streak, Bk had to know his back was against the wall...but then again, there's nothing more dangerous than a man with nothing to lose. And that's probably why he came out with a sloppy head kick attempt followed by some aggressive striking. Young seemed a lot more content with being clinical, trying to calculate timing and distance while throwing out some telegraphed strikes. A lot of credit has to be given to both guy's Striking Defense Coaches, as they really worked hard throughout the fight to make each other miss. I Know Edmond Tarverdyan's going to be showing the athletes in his gym this fight tape until the cows come home...Hopefully Rousey's changed camps by then.

First two rounds found a pattern of BK taking them before desperation kicked in for Young. He started the final five minutes by releasing a barrage of precise single strikes; jabs and kicks before being taken down. These two were just too slippery at this point, reversing each other, switching dominant positions before being stood by the ref for the final minute. The look these two gave each other was eerily similar to when Robbie Lawler and Rory Macdonald stood their ground in their fight of the century. BK went to look up at the clock and Young actually clobbered him so hard with an overhand right, the crowd gasped and I thought fables were going to be told of this comeback for years to come. Young tested his chin once more before being saved by the bell, Jessie Spano style and if this were a five round fight, I think we may have had a different result. BK survives to pull off the upset and take the unanimous decision. The big risk of taking this fight is rewarded with a performance bonus and being placed right back in to the mix of things at the top of the Light Heavyweight Division!

Co-Main event time and this fight features another interesting form of matchmaking. One fighter on the come-up; Koba Wyatt (4-0-0) looking to gain experience against a fighter on the come-down; All American (10-11-0) who was riding a 4 fight losing streak. Did we see another feel-good story take place with another man fighting against the odds to turn things around? In short; No...but he certainly gave it a valiant effort. The All American got the takedown in the opening minute, managing to control Koba for a majority of the round, hoping to wear him down a bit with some ground n pound. A close first but it was all down hill from there for the American. 2nd Round saw Koba stuff takedowns like they were Thanksgiving turkeys at a homeless shelter (16/17 on the night)! It seemed like it was only a matter of time before he unleashed what he's known for at this point in his career and fortunately the fans got what they paid to see; another vicious Knockout. At the 4:18 mark, Wyatt planted his feet and threw a brutal three punch combo that sent American crashing swiftly into unconsciousness! Right, left, right! Boom, boom, boom! American face plants, battered and bloodied! He might never be the same again after that finish! Note: Sometimes the game's commentary gets it so correct, it's not even worth changing.

And as great as that Knockout was, there was actually another that bested it. Now 6-1-0 Waymon Lattimore was awarded with the 1st performance bonus of his career for the beautiful brutality he delivered to Lee Grimrock. Both of these guys came to bang, it's like they expected to see a black leather casting couch when they arrived to the cage. But none of that funny stuff was taking place, we were treated to two confident combatants who stood toe to toe. Grimrock was actually fairly efficient with most of his leg kicks but Lattimore was connecting with fists to face like they found each other on Tinder. After getting rocked and wobbling like my grandpa on a skateboard, Grimrock finally fell as if he were frozen momentarily in time. It was sort of like tipping over a Refrigerator in a meat freezer but all jokes aside, we wish Lee a speedy recovery and hope to see him back in the OFC cage soon...once he's had time to thaw out.

Our final performance bonus went to Wiremu Huia for Submission of the Night! It took less than half a round but when you're that good, who needs cardio. After cutting open his opponent; Chris Thompson, on the feet with a crisp hook, Huia proceeded to take him down in to side control. From there, he looked like a trained magician as he began pulling slick submission attempts out of his hat, eventually catching an arm and torquing it for the win by Kimura. In a Welterweight Division filled with more killers than Guantanamo Bay, a victory like this is sure to catch the attention of even some of the most hardened acts.

The final fight I wanted to shine some light on, can best be described as; Short but Sweet. Clocking in at only 53 seconds, these two young guns; Johnny Vegas and Jay Ripley, showed us all what happens when you are filled with Testosterone and keep your chin up while playing real life Rock 'em Sock 'em robots. After getting Dropped n Rocked quicker than Roman Reigns can say "Sufferin' succotash", Ripley gave us his best impression of a baby deer trying to walk before Vegas circled away and darted back in with a big straight right hand. It connected beautifully and sent Ripley tumbling to the canvas! Fights like this are always fun to watch but can certainly affect a fighter's longevity...but did I mention they're fun to watch?

This event was sponsored by the OFC's New Merch partner; MayheM sportswear in Las Vegas. Make sure you guys take the time to check out the shop and add to your wardrobes...even if they're just going to end up in the back of your closet. And the OFC will be back with a Freaky Event for Friday the 13th where the vacant Heavyweight Title will be up for grabs between Derp Wyatt and Cannondale Trail. Followed by OFC 250: Glorious! on Saturday Night where 4 titles will be on the line! Now featuring the largest roster in all of MMATycoon, special things are taking place in the OFC...and we couldn't do it without all of you, so thank you being a part of this as we make history together. Have a great rest of the week and I'll be back Sunday most likely with a full recap of all the exciting action that went down. So yeah, Train hard and Fight Harder.

OFC 250: Glorious! REVIEW

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1482625765ofc250.jpg

As the crowd gathered in, concession lines filled, show programs were handed out and Glorious Domination blared through the arena speakers; Fight fans from around the world knew they were in for a treat and about to witness something special! How could they not when an event features four Title fights and high stakes Title eliminators out the wazoo! Final numbers are still coming in but early reports from Dave Meltzer are declaring this event achieved the 2nd largest attendance and 4th highest rating in OFC History! On top of this, the OFC made waves once again jumping 17 spots in the Global Rankings but hey, it's not like we pay attention to that sort of thing. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

What better way to start then with the Main Event, OFC Middleweight Champion Darren "Hurt" Lockyer putting his title on the line against #1 Contender and OFC Newcomer Peter Parker. Since Lockyer's arrived on the scene, all he's wanted is to be placed in the cage as quickly and as often as possible taking on any and all challengers, doesn't care if there's a title involved but if there is, even better. Reminds me a lot of the Cowboy Donald Cerrone and as an org owner you gotta love having these types of fighters on the roster, and the fans don't complain either. Parker seems to have been cut from the same cloth, so when you put these two mad men in a cage together it basically becomes a fight to the death, almost like cock fighting...and I'm not talking penis. That's the exact mentality we saw from these two men when the fight started and both came out swinging. Intensity was at an all-time high for the opening minute before Parker took an illegal knee to the groin and crumpled to the ground. I understand the need to show the replay, but I thought the number of times was a bit excessive and I'm not sure why our production crew added wonky sound effects. Parker seemed a bit off for the rest of the round and understandably so, like a hired Hitman Lockyer took advantage until momentum seemed to shift as the round came to a close.

The 2nd round started similar to the first as it looked like Lockyer was beginning to run away with things...that was until Parker began connecting. And he actually dropped Lockyer to one knee momentarily when he connected clean with a right hook but he stayed calm and poised not looking to gas himself. It wasn't long after when Parker dropped him for real this time with a beautiful combination before ushering Lockyer back to his feet. Lockyer tried his best to recover but he just looked like your drunken uncle at a cousin's wedding, stumbling all over the place. He attempted to circle but ended up walking straight in to a hook, cleaning his clock and falling face first. Obvious choice for Knockout of the Night for the newly crowned OFC Middleweight Champion Peter Parker whose gotta be on cloud 9 at this point. He'll go for cloud 10 at OFC 256 when he defends his shiny new piece of gold against #1 Contender Kim Il Sung.

Our Co-Main event saw OFC Light Heavyweight Champion Greg "Technicolour" Coleman who's been on quite the roll lately defending his title against OFC vet and former Champ Shuya Nanahara. You just knew this one wouldn't go the distance with a combined 43 Knockout Victories between them. Shuya came out aggressive connecting with some wild striking in the opening minute and actually stumbling Coleman at one point but he recovered quickly. The Asian sensation may have been getting the better of the stand up before Coleman countered with a straight left and wisely moved the fight in to the clinch. This was the beginning of the end and I'm talking Biblical proportions for Shuya, he very well may have been seeing blue lights and hills of flames like James Franco or Seth Rogen as Coleman went to town with the knees of doom. Cutting, Rocking and Dropping Shuya before finally finishing the fight with a series of ground strikes from mount. Coleman looked like a calculated killer out there, I'm talking plastic covered Dexter like kill rooms type of savagery, but with a dark passenger who is a very bad man.

The 3rd Title fight of the evening showcased the Welterweights; Champion Malcolm Mitchell versus Sairanix Lokren. To keep a 25 minute fight short, let's just say a dominant performance was shown from one man and not so much for the other. Lokren was firing from all cylinders...well, two cylinders; his left and right hands. Getting pre-fight advice from recent WWE signee James Ellsworth, he knew any man with two hands has a fighting chance. Taking the first 4 rounds clearly before finally rocking Mitchell in the 5th but was unable to finish. It didn't seem like Mitchell got many shots in until the New Champion Lokren's post-fight speech, where he called for a title...after just winning the title. Yeah, he may have also just won himself a longer medical suspension. Disappointing night for the now former Champion Mitchell on the other side of things, who seemed to be taking the loss rather hard making it sound like he was contemplating retirement.

The 4th and final Title fight of the night featured the Bantamweights; Long reigning Champion Jose Cronos defending his title against another OFC newcomer Dan Price. The New kid on the Block must've been drinking from the same punchbowl as the previously mentioned and newly crowned champion Lokren. He looked to be just about as dominant and impressive throughout, yet with a bit of a more diverse attack incorporating and landing leg kicks efficiently. There were a couple slight scares that could be compared with a PG-13 Horror movie in the 2nd and 4th rounds for Price, seeing Cronos get multiple takedowns and work for submissions but Price didn't jump once. By the end of the fight the Brazilian Cronos was showing signs of damage to his legs, hobbling reminiscent of Faber against Aldo. All in a day's work for Price who walks away with the unanimous decision Victory and the OFC Bantamweight Championship. There's a couple key matchups in the division going down next weekend, only question now is, will he stay in Montreal for Blood Night or make the trip to Vegas?...I'm guessing Vegas Baby!

The Submission of the Night went to Luke "Luck" Johnson who was making his OFC debut against Jay Hunter. Not only was it the only submission of the show but it was also one of the slickest we've seen in awhile. Closing the distance, clinching up and getting a nice trip takedown in to side control almost immediately, it was pretty much over before it started for Hunter. Slitherin' to the back like a snake, Johnson who's record now moves to 38-11-0, got the RNC but Hunter refused to tap and went night night. While unconscious, one of our cameramen radioed in that he heard Hunter mumble "OFC...I'll...Find you", not quite sure what that means but it may have something to do with The Walking Dead reruns being played in the Locker rooms. It only took a single submission attempt to put the entire division on notice for Johnson. Early negotiations are already under way to get him back in the cage, where I'm sure he'll be looking for the exact same outcome.

Our final performance bonuses went to the Fight of the Night winners in a Lightweight tilt; Childish Gambino and Parker Allen. On paper, Allen had a slight advantage in the stand up and in the fight this showed to be true as well. Cutting Gambino early with a lovely straight hand before dropping the rapper/actor half way through the 1st round. It looked like it was all over for Gambino but he kept pushing forward à la Chris Leben while continually being countered and peppered, somehow, someway, surviving the round. Allen was ready to finish things off and head over to his after party as he clobbered Gambino with an overhand right to start the 2nd quarter and the fight fans fingers' already begun tweeting the results. But like a Broken Matt Hardy that was followed by DELETE chants and Gambino coming back with a combination, landing a flurry of punches that got past Allen's guard. The referee had seen enough and it was all over! Gambino burst into tears after that incredible comeback, this win obviously meant a huge amount to him. For Allen, he's gotta be banging his head against the wall because this is the 2nd straight fight he's allowed his opponent to comeback after a dominant 1st round and failing to finish.

A big thanks to everybody who was a part of the event and the OFC for making last night possible, hope you guys all enjoyed it no matter the outcome of your fighter's fights! Before we go, I also wanted to give a shout out to newly crowned OFC Heavyweight Champion Cannondale Trail, who captured the vacant title Friday night against Derp Wyatt! Trail hurt Derp with a massive Uppercut 26 seconds in to the 2nd round before teeing off on him like Mark McGwire. I feel bad for his sparring partners over at Samran Muay Thai. Moving forward, we got 3 Events this week; OFC 251: Coherence on Wednesday and 2 Events on Saturday including the OFC's 1st Event outside of Canada! I'm hoping to hold one Event a month outside of town, it's looking like London and Tokyo will be next on the docket. So have a great week guys and as always, my inbox is always open, if you ever need a contract for one of fighters just let me know. Till next time, Live Long and Prosper!

OFC: Official Rankings - 15/1/2017

CHAMPION: Dan Price (27-17-0)

1. Burt the Hurt (26-14-1)

2. Ali Pasha (22-13-2)

3. Jose Cronos (33-18-0)

4. Ken Kahne (18-6-0)

5. Vice Versa (11-4-0)

3. Gurney Halleck (8-5-0)

4. Krejzi Kure (17-15-1)

5. Chico Morales (14-9-0)

CHAMPION: Ryan Hopkins (25-13-1)

2. Lewis Scott (20-10-0)

3. Robbie Rockin (19-10-1)

4. Delphino Atlantis (17-9-2)

5. Boe Hogan (34-18-0)

CHAMPION: Sairanix Lokren (16-7-0)

1. Andy Barclay (26-13-1)

2. Tantalus Flay (32-12-2)

3. Malcolm Mitchell (24-15-0)

4. Mr Universe (22-9-0)

CHAMPION: Peter Parker (19-11-0)

1. Kim Il Sung (21-14-0)

2. Darren Lockyer (40-19-2)

3. Jordan Belfort (16-9-0)

4. Rupert Blasts (12-2-1)

5. Bobby Bishop (30-16-1)

CHAMPION: Greg Coleman (19-8-0)

1. Shape Shifter (15-11-0)

2. Zoey Malone Jr (18-10-0)

3. Erik Bjorkman (11-5-0)

4. Shuya Nanahara (35-12-0)

5. Ryosuke Sato (9-4-0)

CHAMPION: Cannondale Trail (21-11-1)

1. Convicted Killer (27-11-0)

2. Oleksandr Usyk (12-4-0)

3. Derp Wyatt (15-8-0)

4. Sven Hensen (13-9-0)

5. Jer Bear (15-14-0)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14304375972439.jpg

Eric Ashton (274213)

A fall from grace. I have gone from being a title contender in Rio many years ago to only winning 3 out of my last 13 fights.

This weekend i have an opportunity to step into the cage and there is a chance i can make it 4 from 14. Still not a good record, but the beauty of being at the bottom is that i have nothing to lose and the only way is up.

I'm sorry Josip. What i am about to do to you ain't personal. I need to hurt you and many others to get my way back to the top.

• Upvote 1

OFC 252: Sin City REVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1482780924ofc252.jpg

From Strip Shows and High Stakes Gambling to Graves being dug in the Desert, one look around and it was easy to see we're not in Kansas...er...Canada anymore. Last night, the OFC made it's 1st trip out of Country to deliver an Event for the ages in the Fight Capital of the World. I actually flew in with Lightweight Fighter; Boe Hogan, and we were eavesdropping on some belligerent fight fans in front of us...let's just say they certainly knew we were in town and they love our Canadian Ring Card Girls, but hey, who doesn't? We probably blew their minds when they saw we brought in Arianny Celeste as our Special Guest for the Evening, no expense was spared. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

Have you ever heard a fighter say "Don't Blink" in the lead-up to a fight? And when tuning in, these fights always end up going the distance? Well, that wasn't the case for our two Lightweight Main Eventers making their OFC debuts; Robbie Rockin and Delphino Atlantis. These guys wanted to make quick work of each other and proceed to hit the craps tables before heading home. Rockin came out landing a jab followed by a nice looking cross...almost following the beat of a drum, Atlantis scored with a One Two cutting Rockin open. After failing to land a takedown and throwing a leg kick, Rockin countered with a crisp jab that 'Rocked' him (Sidenote: The puns are just begging to be penned). The fans in attendance were going nuts at this point, I had to take a second to look around and really take it all in, Robbie may have just overtaken GSP in the America's Favorite Canadian Fighters rankings. Atlantis was still on wobbly legs when he had a momentarily lapse in judgement and charged in as Rockin backed up avoiding any damage. He then tossed out a jab and Atlantis ran right into it face first reminiscent of Stipe and Werdum! Atlantis was out cold! Rockin dropped down on all fours and started barking in Atlantis's face like a pit bull in celebration until the ref was finally able to pull him away!

With the win, Rockin moves his record to 20-10-1 and will be awarded with quite possibly his biggest test to date. On February 11th, Robbie "Hard" Rockin will challenge newly crowned OFC Lightweight Champion; Kizeal "The Kid" Ingram for his title. Headlining the Hard Knocks Arena in Montreal, it'll be interesting to see how this one plays out due to the fact that the two are so evenly matched. Rockin clearly loves the Knockout game with 17 to his name but Ingram's got a black belt in his pocket...or around his waist. The card also features Heavyweights; Derp Wyatt and Pedro Aristides Leopoldo, as well as Middleweights; Finkle John and Thomas Rutherford! It's never too early to get the promotion started and this paragraph really benefited from including an extra sentence so...Win-Win!

Our Co-Main Event featured more Lightweights (Big Night for the Division); OFC Newcomer Scott Watt and my previously mentioned Travel partner Boe Hogan. Watt showed to be the more aggressive of the two almost immediately, with a leg kick and shot to Hogan's nose, possibly breaking it, leaving him looking like the infamous Andrew W.K. album cover. Obviously not liking this, Hogan took the fight to the floor where I'm sure he felt he had the advantage. He tried to control from the top but Watt pushed a forearm under Hogan's chin to create some space. He escaped his hips and pivoted quickly for an armbar, forcing Hogan to tap! Easily the most impressive submission of the night earning Watt a performance bonus...but it was also the only submission of the night, so take that how you will! Also, I think I'll be travelling back to Canada alone, don't really want to be seen in public with a loser, just don't tell him I said that.

Next up, we got two Middleweight perennial Contenders; Rupert Blasts and Jordan Belfort. Both men have found success in their OFC careers up until this point, it's shame success had to come to a halt for one them but that's just the game we play...literally. Belfort got his shots in throughout but Blasts was on another level last night, delivering his best performance in the cage to date. After getting rocked in the 2nd, Belfort showed the heart of a champion surviving the rest of the round but after the beating he took, you almost wish he did have quit in him. The fight came to an inevitable end at the 1:37 mark of the 3rd round, when Blasts dropped Belfort with a nasty hook, followed by diving in to side control and pounding out his opponent for a huge TKO Victory! Now 13-2-1, Blasts will next see 18-7-1 Travis "Hammer Fist" Herald, when he steps back in to the cage at OFC 258: Price vs Pasha. After last night's incredible performance, if you haven't already jumped on the Rupert Blasts bandwagon...good luck finding space now.

The Heavyweight #1 Contendership was on the line in our next bout, Vunny Bin versus Jer Bear. With a New Champion in the division, everyone is trying to stake their claim as the next in line but it was these two who were presented with the best opportunity to do so. Bear started out aggressive like...hmm, what do you call those big hairy things in the woods...the name seems to escape me. But after being cut off a counter, Bear took the fight to the clinch where knees seemed to be the Special on Last Night's Menu. Bin spent a lot of time Boxing sparring in his camp and once he escaped the clinch, man oh man, he put it to good use. After stuffing multiple takedowns, Bin struck Bear with uppercuts and rights dropping him twice, yet was determined to finish the fight on the feet. Bin then proceeded to buckle Bear's knee momentarily, needing the round to come to an end, Bear looked up at the clock and...BAM! Bin hit him with more power than Colossus and sent Bear crashing to the mat. The referee tried to save him but got tackled for his efforts, that's going to end up on some blooper reels for sure. Bin picks up the biggest win of his career with his second consecutive Knockout in the 1st round, he'll now challenge for the Heavyweight Title against Champion Cannondale Trail at OFC 255, which is just around the corner. I'd love to promote more of the card, but tickets are already sold out so...see you there!

Our Fight of the Night came from fellow Heavyweights; Kim Jong and Leonel Gatti. What a bloody war this was to start the night off as the opening prelim fight, setting the bar high for the rest of the card! Gatti's red stuff started flowing early in the 1st round after catching a knee from the clinch. These guys were a pair of rock 'em sock 'em robots until Gatti got a takedown to end the round. His cut opened up even more from the clinch in the 2nd and it was flowing like Niagara Falls at that point. Takedowns became key however, because according to our broadcast announcers, Gatti was up two rounds heading in to the 3rd. That's when madness ensued! Gatti could barely see as he was completely drenched in blood when he hit Jong with a big left that rocked him! Jong was all over the place, baby deer style, when he got the clinch and hit Gatti with a short right that called the doctors in at the 4:55 mark of the final round. Much to the crowd's discontent, the fight was stopped which is a heartbreaker for Gatti but a miraculous comeback for Jong. I have a feeling these guys will be receiving standing ovations for leaving it all out there when they return to their gym's this week.

And that about wraps it up for this review and our 1st trip to Vegas. But before I go, our Merch Partner MayheM sportswear (4644) created a snazzy uniform for the combatants here in the OFC and can be purchased at the following link:

http://mmatycoon.com/clothingpublic.php?cid=4644
ON SALE NOW for only $100 each, get 'em while they're hot, all the cool kids are doing it! Up next, the OFC is back in Canada this Wednesday for OFC 253: Stanfield vs Palikka where the Vacant Featherweight Championship will be up for grabs! Then it's full sails ahead with 10 Events on the docket for February! As always, if you ever have any fighters in need of a contract, just let me know! Have a great week guys and never leave it in the hands of the judges!

OFC: Official Rankings - 22/1/2017

1. Ali Pasha (23-13-2)

2. Yves Jabouin (27-12-2)

3. Jose Cronos (33-18-0)

4. Burt the Hurt (26-15-1)

5. Ken Kahne (18-7-0)

3. Gurney Halleck (8-5-0)

4. Sam Crow (21-7-0)

5. Boe Hogan (34-19-0)

CHAMPION: Kizeal Ingram (11-6-0)

2. Robbie Rockin (20-10-1)

3. Lewis Scott (20-10-0)

4. Ryan Hopkins (25-14-1)

5. Delphino Atlantis (17-10-2)

2. Luke Johnson (38-11-0)

3. Tantalus Flay (32-12-2)

4. Malcolm Mitchell (24-15-0)

1. Kim Il Sung (21-14-0)

2. Darren Lockyer (40-19-2)

3. Rupert Blasts (13-2-1)

4. Travis Herald (18-7-1)

5. Thomas Hawk (20-11-1)

1. Shape Shifter (15-11-0)

5. Slade Wilson (15-10-3)

1. Vunny Bin (17-8-0)

2. Convicted Killer (27-11-0)

3. Oleksandr Usyk (12-4-0)

4. Derp Wyatt (15-8-0)

5. Sven Hensen (13-9-0)

• Upvote 1

OFC: Official Rankings - 29/1/2017

1. Ali Pasha (23-13-2)

3. Jose Cronos (33-18-0)

5. Ken Kahne (18-7-0)

CHAMPION: Marlo Stanfield (23-9-0)

1. Gurney Halleck (9-5-0)

2. Karate Kid (31-14-0)

3. Kalle Palikka (13-9-0)

4. Sam Crow (21-7-0)

5. Boe Hogan (34-19-0)

1. Neymar Santos (26-18-0)

3. Demetri Puleveski (16-12-0)

4. Lewis Scott (20-11-0)

5. Ryan Hopkins (25-14-1)

2. Mr Universe (23-9-0)

3. Fahad Al Qarni (25-15-1)

4. Malcolm Mitchell (24-15-0)

1. Kim Il Sung (21-14-0)

2. Rupert Blasts (13-2-1)

3. Thomas Hawk (21-11-1)

4. Travis Herald (18-7-1)

5. Darren Lockyer (40-20-2)

1. Shape Shifter (16-11-0)

1. Vunny Bin (17-8-0)

2. Convicted Killer (27-11-0)

3. Oleksandr Usyk (12-4-0)

4. Derp Wyatt (15-8-0)

5. Sven Hensen (13-9-0)

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14304375972439.jpg

Eric Ashton (274213)

4 wins out of my last 14 is better than 3 wins out of my last 14.

The last 6 (tycoon) years have been filled with heartbreak and defeat. There is little time to celebrate one win and it is back to the gym so i can hopefully continue my climb back to the top.

OFC 256: Parker vs Il Sung REVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1485074340ofc256.jpg

The Hard Knocks Arena in Montreal. The Unofficial home of the OFC. Over the years, we've put on one memorable and historical event after another there. February 2017 sees the OFC visit the arena 8 times, with no other organization showcasing even a single show on the grounds. What can I say, sometimes you want to go where everybody knows your name. With two title fights on the card, not only did the fans know our name, they shouted it at the top of their lungs throughout the night, it was total mayhem. Speaking of which, our merch partner MayheM sportswear in Las Vegas has got some sweet new OFC gear now available for your fighters for only $100 bucks a pop! That ShamWow guy's got nothing on me but we got some fights to get to. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

How can we not start with our main event. There was a lot of hype behind this one, probably why this show became the 5th Highest Rated Event in OFC History! The friendly neighbourhood fighter and OFC Middleweight Champion Peter Parker took on the acclaimed grappler and controversial political figure Kim Il Sung, and yes, Team America World Police were awaiting on standby...Eff yeah! Sung's gameplan of getting the fight to the floor seemed obvious from the get-go, even to Parker who spent a lot of time training takedown defense in the lead-up to this fight. The 1st round saw Sung get a takedown early after being peppered with some shots and attempt 6 submissions, none looking like any real danger to Parker. You could see the frustration on Sung's face for the remainder of the round as he lost ground control, could be compared to lathering your hands in butter and trying to open a jar of pickles, the facial expressions in both scenarios are eerily reminiscent of each other. The 2nd round seemed to have a similar layout as the 1st, except this time when Sung got the fight to the floor he was this close to becoming the new Champion after a slick armbar attempt, and when I say this close I just put my fingers up in the air and pretended to squish heads like Dr.Evil but anyways, I digress...

Heading in to the 3rd round, unless Sung could snatch an arm, it was looking like Parker would Tom Cruise his way to a Victory. Unlike the first two rounds, Parker brought the fight to the clinch and began to work the body trying to wear down his opponent. After rocking Sung with a lovely overhand right, the entire arena erupted knowing the end was near and we're talking Biblical proportions type of ending. Parker dropped Sung with a big right hand and as soon as he got up, Parker hit him with the exact same punch sending him stumbling back, can't wait to see the gif comparisons of the two identical punches! BRB, Checking Twitter now...Sung proceeded to fall to his knees where the ref was forced to step in after a few more aftershocks hit. Parker is now the reigning DEFENDING OFC Middleweight Champion who will be watching OFC 258 closely as Rupert Blasts takes on Travis Herald in a clear #1 Contender fight. Ticket sale times will be announced shortly, make sure to use the presale code: MayheM for premium seating and discount rates!

On to our Co-Main Event of the evening where the Light Heavyweight title was on the line, as Champion Greg Coleman took on Submission Specialist Shape Shifter. And when I say specialist, I mean it in every sense of the word. Coming in to the fight with 14 career Sub wins and 3 straight, Shifter's strategy leaked the moment this fight was announced. Coleman has found a lot of success in the standup department as of late so it was interesting to see how he would react to a fighter of this certainly advanced expertise. That wonder didn't last long however, as Shifter repeatedly moved the fight to the clinch and brought Coleman to the floor. After more submission attempts than a dominatrix, Shifter finally caught him in a triangle and forced the tap. You know what they say, 12th time's a charm! Shifter becomes the new OFC Light Heavyweight Champion yet celebrations will have to be brief as his next challenger has already been chosen in Fight of the Night award winner; Zoey Malone Jr. Negotiations are currently taking place for the fight to be finalized but early reports are inducting it will happen at OFC 262: Down Under when we make our way to Sydney, Australia for the 1st time ever!

The next fight I wanted to highlight was just as important with some major title implications involved. This time with the big boys, as heavyweights Oleksandr Usyk and Sven Hensen went at it. Recently crowned Champion Bin had a front row seat for this spectacle and you could tell he was eager to find out who he'll be meeting in the cage next as the winner will attempt to dethrone him. The fight started out with Hensen throwing some kicks trying to measure the distance. Usyk cut him open with a counter and as soon as he saw blood, Hensen was like nope and brought the fight to the floor. After a quick scramble, we were back to where we started which wasn't good for Hensen. He then walked straight in to a right hand from Usyk that dropped him and immediately moved to mount. Where we were then treated to the real life adaption of the whack-a-mole which would commonly be found in your classic 90's arcade, Hollywood is really running out of ideas. As soon as Usyk's hands were raised in victory, Bin stepped in to the cage and we got a face off that could rival John Travolta and Nicolas Cage.

Our last performance bonus for Knockout of the Night went to Heavyweight Georges "Big G" Laraque for his utter destruction of youngin' Jean Gagnon. This one only lasted 20 seconds and for Gagnon's sake that's probably a good thing. He tried score with a jab and cross combination in the opening seconds but was dropped off a crisp one-two counter from Laraque. He thought about following him to the mat but waved Gagnon back to his feet where he hit him with a Left Hook and Right Straight which stumbled him back...then Laraque ran in like what the kids would call a savage and clocked him wit an uppercut to end things. This one was hard to watch, even the commentary team were pondering if Gagnon would ever be the same, I felt like a neighbour closing the blinds and pretending not to be a home after witnessing a domestic abuse from across the street. Now with a record of 9-2-0, you would have to think a step up in competition is in order for Laraque, time will tell who he squares off with next.

And that about wraps it up for this review, congrats to all of OFC 256's winners! Yet another great show in the books, but we ain't done yet. Later tomorrow/today/tonight depending on when you read this, we are coming right back with OFC: Blood Night XXXIII headlined by Light Heavyweights; Shuya Nanahara and Ernst Young! Hope everyone has an awesome Sunday as it's sure to be action packed with the Superbowl happening and some SuperBrawls going down right here in the OFC! As always, if you ever need a contract for your fighters, just shoot me a message and don't forget to shop at MayheM sportswear...or else! Oh, and before I forget, renegotiation contracts are being sent out for a lot of fighters as we speak, if you ever want to try your luck at another division, just let me know! Well, I believe that's all for now, so enjoy the rest of your weekend guys and I'll catch ya on the flip side!

• Upvote 1

OFC: Official Rankings - 5/2/2017

1. Ali Pasha (23-13-2)

3. Jose Cronos (33-18-0)

5. Ken Kahne (18-7-0)

2. Karate Kid (31-14-0)

4. Krejzi Kure (18-15-1)

5. Sam Crow (21-7-0)

3. Corey Davis (13-4-0)

4. Childish Gambino (32-18-0)

5. Demetri Puleveski (16-12-0)

1. Mr Universe (23-9-0)

2. Fahad Al Qarni (25-15-1)

3. How Long (35-14-0)

4. Eddie Melo (17-11-1)

5. Malcolm Mitchell (24-15-0)

CHAMPION: Peter Parker (20-11-0)

1. Rupert Blasts (13-2-1)

2. Thomas Hawk (21-11-1)

3. Travis Herald (18-7-1)

4. Kim Il Sung (21-15-0)

5. Darren Lockyer (40-20-2)

CHAMPION: Shape Shifter (17-11-0)

1. Zoey Malone Jr (19-10-0)

2. Greg Coleman (19-9-0)

3. Ernst Young (22-7-1)

4. Ryosuke Sato (10-4-0)

CHAMPION: Vunny Bin (18-8-0)

1. Oleksandr Usyk (13-4-0)

2. Cannondale Trail (21-12-1)

3. Convicted Killer (27-11-0)

4. Derp Wyatt (15-8-0)

5. Rigan Machado (13-9-0)

• Upvote 1

OFC: Official Rankings - 12/2/2017

CHAMPION: Dan Price (28-17-0)

1. Ken Kahne (19-7-0)

2. Jose Cronos (34-18-0)

3. Yves Jabouin (27-12-2)

4. Demetrious Jorgensen (8-6-0)

5. Burt the Hurt (26-16-1)

2. Karate Kid (31-14-0)

4. Krejzi Kure (18-15-1)

5. Sam Crow (21-7-0)

CHAMPION: Robbie Rockin (21-10-1)

2. Corey Davis (13-4-0)

3. Kizeal Ingram (11-7-0)

4. Childish Gambino (32-18-0)

5. Dag Daghammar (14-3-0)

1. Mr Universe (23-9-0)

2. Fahad Al Qarni (25-15-1)

3. How Long (35-14-0)

4. Eddie Melo (17-11-1)

5. Malcolm Mitchell (24-15-0)

CHAMPION: Peter Parker (20-11-0)

1. Rupert Blasts (14-2-1)

2. Thomas Hawk (21-11-1)

3. Kim Il Sung (21-15-0)

4. Darren Lockyer (40-20-2)

5. Travis Herald (18-8-1)

CHAMPION: Shape Shifter (17-11-0)

1. Zoey Malone Jr (19-10-0)

2. Greg Coleman (19-9-0)

3. Ernst Young (22-7-1)

4. Ryosuke Sato (10-4-0)

CHAMPION: Vunny Bin (18-8-0)

1. Oleksandr Usyk (13-4-0)

2. Cinder Smaug (44-19-0)

3. Cam Newton (17-8-0)

4. Derp Wyatt (16-8-0)

5. Cannondale Trail (21-12-1)

• Upvote 1

OFC 260: Lokren vs Universe REVIEW

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1486328393ofc260.jpg

Even without an appearance from Fedor and his ugly sweater on Saturday night, the OFC achieved the 2nd Largest Attendance in Org History! Also cracking the top ten Highest rated Events is nothing to scoff at. I guess that's what a card featuring three title fights and a few former OFC Champions will do for ya! The world of Canadian Combat is proving to feature a bright future with the Return of GSP and continued Greatness from the Best org North of the Border. I mean, what other Fight Club offers imaginary Ring Card Girls painted with the likeness of Elisha Cuthbert in her prime, at least that's how I picture them. With a prologue like this, you know the fights witnessed were something special. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

Our Main Event of the Evening featured OFC Welterweight Champion Sairanix "Berserker" Lokren looking to defend his title for the 1st time against the man with the World in his hands; Mr Universe. The hype was through the roof for this one...but it was also pretty freaking late by the time it started, so the inebriated were out in full force. Know how I know this? I caught one guy in my aisle repeatedly cheering for Mr Galaxy, A for effort. Universe came out swinging but Lokren showed his footwork to be on par with a ballerina, avoiding punches with ease while looking like a young Anderson Silva. By the end of the round, it was clear to see Lokren came in with a game-plan, picking his opponent apart, wearing him down without getting too reckless. I couldn't hear what Universe's corner was telling him in between rounds but my advice would be to get the fight in to the clinch, he has superior Muay Thai and keeping at a distance from Lokren just isn't going to work since he found his range. A minute in to the 2nd Round and that magnificent bastard may have just read my mind, as he managed to get the clinch! Unfortunately, Lokren was just too well prepared, blocking strikes from the clinch effortlessly. The highlight of the round for Universe came near the end, as he countered with a three punch combination, finished off with a leg kick. But without that sequence, it was overall more of the same. Universe would need a big 3rd round in order to turn things around...

Once again showing signs of telepathy, Universe rushed Lokren pushing his back up against the cage to gain the clinch. From there, he landed a knee that literally took my breath, it very easily could've broken Lokren's rib-cage. This may have woken Universe up a bit, saw some pep in his step as he proceeded to land some nasty leg kicks. But it seemed like Lokren retaliated with two or three of his own strikes, after each time he was struck. The exchanges were clearly going in his favor, so it was looking like Universe would need a finish heading in to the 4th. And a finish is exactly what we got...from Lokren, he dropped Universe with a big left hand and jumped in to finish him off. Lokren moves his record to 17-7-0 as he now waits for the OFC 261: Obey Main Event to play out between Fahad Al Qarni v Eddie Melo, in order to crown a new #1 Contender.

Co-Main Event time where the Featherweight title was on the line, with Champion Marlo Stanfield taking on "The Versatile" Gurney Halleck. The easiest way to describe this fight is to rewrite what I just did for Lokren and Universe. Except in this tale, Halleck is the Lokren here. Earning the Fight of the Night honors, mainly because there was one major difference in the two fights, the same difference that makes it okay to believe in fairy tales. I know this may not make much sense just yet, but we'll get there, don't you worry. The first 4 rounds saw Stanfield take more shots to the dome than a PornHub compilation. But it was two minutes in to the 4th when momentum shifted, Halleck may have gotten a little too confident and comfortable as he was keeping his hands dangerously low letting Stanfield rock him with a free shot. Luckily for Halleck, he was able to get the clinch and regain his composure, otherwise that would've been a blunder to remember. After the slight scare and leading on all scorecards heading in to the 5th round, a unanimous decision victory and the crowning of a New Champion in Halleck was all but inevitable. *Adds in Record Scratch sound effect* In the final minute of the final round, Halleck threw an off balance right hand and Stanfield countered with a crisp one two that dropped Halleck! After waving him to his feet, Stanfield dropped him again but this time he dove in to drop bombs, finish the fight and retain his title. Heartbreaking loss for Halleck, who was so close to claiming the Championship he could taste it. I feel sorry for his next opponent, you just know there's going to be a chip on his shoulder heading in to the fight. On the flip side, miraculous victory for Stanfield who now has a new tale to tell his future grandchildren. This is the stuff Legends are made of!

Our Final Title Fight of the Night featured the big boys, Heavyweight Champion Vunny Bin taking on worthy contender Oleksandr Usyk. This was the fight I admittedly was most looking forward to. Both of these monsters were on absolute tears heading in to this collision of killers. Almost as soon as the fight began, Usyk got Bin in the clinch. This seemed to be one of the key contributing factors in Usyk's strategic planning for this fight. This is also where we witnessed the war of punches versus elbows. These previously mentioned daggers, I mean Elbows cut Bin in the opening minute and proceeded to open it up even more late in the round. I feel like Usyk put the entire division on notice with this 5 minutes of sheer dominance, pretty much forcing every Heavyweight in the OFC to give their clinchwork coaches a call or a text at least. 2nd Round saw more of the same, you can tell frustration was setting in for Bin as he tried to counter attack with knees, but they came off more like a bullied younger sibling trying to stand up for himself...to no avail. 3rd Round saw Bin land his first and only strike out of the clinch, landing a straight punch to the midsection. He tried to land another and that's when things went from bad to worse, as Usyk dropped him with a huge uppercut. Still trying to survive, Usyk cracked Bin on the jaw with a powerful right hand and he fell backwards against the cage. Usyk kept the pressure on and the referee was forced to jump in to save Bin! Usyk gave the performance of a lifetime in being crowned the New OFC Heavyweight Champion. He now has some time to let it all sink in while a new challenger is named. But I have a feeling whoever is named the #1 Contender isn't going to be too happy about it.

Our Knockout of the Night went to Don Cartagena, who needed all of five seconds to wrap it up over OFC Lightweight Newcomer; Sigurd Wallace. First combo and Wallace was on his butt wondering what happened, but hey, it's better than waking up in the hospital. He got back to his feet and Cartagena cracked him again with a massive lead left hook for his troubles, sending Wallace tumbling to the floor, out cold. I'm happy to report that Wallace did wake up upon his arrival at a local hospital. The one positive he can take from this is the fact that he can only go up from here...so there's that! Meanwhile, if needed for comment, Cartagena can be found in the club for his post fight after party with some ring card girls that look like Elisha Cuthbert...in her prime!

And that about wraps it up for this Review! I just wanna send a monster shout out to some other big winners on the card; Tat Moh, Jordan Belfort and Satoshi Tanahashi, these guys impressed the hell out of me, full on Linda Blair Exorcism style! As always, the entire event was sponsored by MayheM sportswear, make sure to show some support by stopping by his shop, damn, say that 5 times fast. Next up on the OFC calendar we got an important card on Wednesday in Montreal before we head out to Sydney for the very first time for OFC 262: Down Under, where the Light Heavyweight Championship will be up for grabs between; Shape Shifter and Zoey Malone Jr, can't freakin' wait for that one! And finally, you know the drill by now, if you have any fighters in need of a contract, just let me know and I'll send some your way! I want to put a major focus on recruiting for our Lighter Weight Classes to help the divisions grow. Have an awesome week guys and don't forget, it's Family day in Ontario on Feb 20th, make sure to spend some time with loved ones no matter how much they get on your nerves or don't...and just enjoy the day off however you wish!

• Upvote 1

OFC: Official Rankings - 19/2/2017

CHAMPION: Dan Price (28-17-0)

1. Ken Kahne (19-7-0)

3. Jose Cronos (34-19-0)

4. Max Built (9-5-0)

5. Albert Ricci (6-1-0)

CHAMPION: Marlo Stanfield (24-9-0)

1. Karate Kid (32-14-0)