1. Cinder Smaug (45-19-0)

2. Vunny Bin (18-9-0)

3. Derp Wyatt (16-8-0)

4. Bestar Andreasson (15-6-0)

5. Sisa Yiftos (16-12-0)

• Upvote 1

OFC 265: Rockin vs Santos REVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1486953292ofc265.jpg

UFC 209 may have lost a marquee matchup over the weekend but thankfully for fans of the OFC, all of our title fights scheduled remained intact. Clearly we're working with professionals here as every fighter on the card made weight without hospitalization. On top of this feat, OFC 265: Rockin vs Santos also achieved the 2nd Largest Attendance and the 6th Highest Rated Event in OFC History! You just know that the record holder of OFC 200 is going to be taken down at some point...especially with OFC 300 aka the Canadian WrestleMania being just months away. And don't worry, I'll let you know once tickets become available...so no need to keep tweeting me! Anyways, where were we? Oh yes, OFC 265, 3 Title Fights, as well as a potential FOTY Candidate, let's not keep the people waiting. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

In case you were unsure of who was headlining the event from the name alone, it was Lightweight Champion Robbie Rockin looking to defend his title against Neymar Santos. The Champ was actually a slight underdog coming in to the fight...I have a feeling his management team may have capitalized on the odds over at OFC: Official Bets. And it's no wonder why, as soon as the fight got underway, Rockin's footwork and movement was noticeably improved. Bobbing and weaving, slipping punches, blocking strikes and countering like a kitchen. On top of this, he managed to cut Santos open with a right punch and dropping him with a clean right hook...and this was all within the 1st minute! Santos was quick to get back to his feet however, but he probably should've stayed down. Staggering like a wobbly Scotsman after a long night of drinking, the inevitable end was near, especially when facing off with the Killer Instinct within Rockin. The savage from within took notice and demanded to be unleashed...Rockin faked a right and followed up with a big left that dropped Santos to one knee! Santos tried to clinch but Rockin threw him off and pummeled him into the canvas! Santos tapped out under the strikes and I don't blame him in the slightest, no sense in taking an abundance of abuse with no light in sight. The finish came at 1:18 of the 1st Round moving Robbie Rockin's record to 22-10-1 and 3-0-0 in the OFC! Next up for him will be recently named #1 Contender Corey Davis, with the fight expecting to take place at OFC 271: Tokyo Drift. And just to add to the promotion of this upcoming event, it will take place at the Saku Dome, the largest arena the OFC will have ever appeared at, Records will be broken that night...bank on it!

In our Co-Main Event of the evening, OFC Middleweight Champion Peter Parker took on the always impressive Rupert Blasts. This is a fight I'd been looking forward to for awhile due to both men being on absolute tears in the OFC. As soon as the fight began it was easy to see, this was a Chess Match if ever there was one. Blasts continued to improve upon his Striking defense in the leadup to the fight, as there was no secret that it would be needed facing off with an Elite Level Striker in Parker. And because of this, Parker just couldn't seem to find his distance early. Blasts repeatedly made him miss so he went to Plan B: The Clinch. Unfortunately for Parker, Blasts was well prepared for this and unloaded a barrage of knees while Parker retaliated with some good ol' Dirty Boxing, landing a majority of his punches with high accuracy. First round; Blasts. Plot twist at the beginning of the 2nd with Blasts taking the fight in to the clinch, continuing with his knees of doom. 4 minutes in to the round is right around the time when things went downhill for Blasts, who up until this point was fighting a near perfect fight. Parker turned it on and began connecting, catching Blasts with a lovely right hand, followed up with a jab to the nose which turned on the taps for the red stuff. And this is when from down the hill, things went even further...to HELL! Blasts got clipped by a big right hand and went down spinning to the canvas! Parker got the back mount and began to drop bombs on his rocked foe! The ref stepped in and did what had to do be done, he basically became the David Hasselhoff to the drowned Blasts in this Baywatch prequel. Monster win for Parker who defends his title once more and moves his record to 20-11-0. Next up for him will be a trip to Japan when he takes on waiting #1 Contender Thomas Hawk, who you know, is just flapping his wings from a distance just waiting to swoop in and snatch the title!

In our final Title fight of the night, OFC Bantamweight Champion Dan Price took on the always gritty Ken Kahne. Since coming to the OFC, Price has proved to be one of the most dominant Bantamweights we've ever had here. Taking on former Bantamweight Champion and Legend Jose Cronos in his debut, he's staked his claim and hasn't looked back...and OFC 265 was no different. He was just too quick and prepared for Kahne who was outclassed on the feet and failed to get the fight to the floor, landing only 3 of 13 Takedowns throughout 5 rounds. Masterful performance yet again from Price who shined in every aspect of the fight. I spoke with some fight fans that were in attendance after the show, and they were throwing out GSP comparisons like stunt doubles in the Winter Soldier. Although as dominant as he is, you just know the casuals are clamoring for some finishes from him. This was his 4th consecutive Unanimous Decision victory, having not seen a finish since May 2016...I'm sure he cries himself to sleep every night after polishing his titles...and no, that was not a euphemism. Next up for the now 29-17-0 Price will be The Tiger himself; Yves Jabouin at...you guessed it, OFC 271: Tokyo Drift. That's three freakin' Title fights planned already with a couple slots still open! As the Chenbot herself would say "Expect the unexpected" so stayed tuned for further details on the event!

The Fight of the Night came in a Middleweight tilt between perennial contenders; Thomas Rutherford and Travis Herald. Man, what a war this was. The Gods of the casuals were pleased with this one, witnessing what most fight fans love; blood, heart, comebacks and knockouts. These guys began swinging as soon as they were allowed to before taking the fight in to the clinch. That's where it became a classic case of Rock 'em Sock 'em robots, tradings shots. Half way through the round, Herald broke the clinch and dropped Rutherford with a beautiful combination, not a single butt remained seated from that point. Although rocked, Rutherford dug deep and kept fighting, actually picking up the pace and becoming aggressive to take the round back in the judges eyes. Early in the 2nd saw Herald crack Rutherford with a big right hand that sent him to the floor once again! He had to be done at this point right? Well, you'd be wrong. Rutherford once again showed resilience, stealing the round with some precision striking. Herald did not want this fairy tale to end happily however, dropping Rutherford for a third time with yet another huge combo. He had to be done at this point right? Well, you'd be wrong. Somehow, Rutherford fought off the finish and got back to work as the round came to an end. Heading it to the final frame, it would take a miracle at this point for Rutherford to survive another round like the previous two. It literally started with a DONK! Rutherford dropped Herald with a beautiful combination of his own. Now rocked and cut, it was Herald's turn to try n recover. Unfortunately for him, he was still singing duets with Ryan Gosling in La La Land when Rutherford threw a hard, straight punch right down the pipe and BOOM! Herald was out! The punch landed square on the jaw, could've knocked out a plus size model with that one. The only negative for Rutherford is he may now need to change his nickname from "The Unknown" to "Cinderella Story". Nevermind FOTN, Possibly FOTY!

A couple more Performance of the Night winners I wanted to highlight on this unforgettable card include; KO of the night winner Johann Kessler and Sub of the night winner Wiremu Huia. Kessler summoned some retro Spider as he jerked his opponent Devil Jho's head down, straight into the path of a devastating knee! Jho dropped to the floor in a crumpled heap! He could've thrown an extra shot or two but chose not to since the ref was slow to react, aww, what a nice guy! And finally, when Huia's opponent Bill Bremner tried to tuck his arms in to keep them safe while on the mat, Huia managed to isolate one of them and got a loose triangle. Bremner was looking to defend but Huia did well to lock his legs together. Huia pulled down on the head and a little smile came across his face, he knew he had it. Yep, Bremner tapped out and this one was all over. Every fighter on the card brought it on Saturday and actually came to fight...unlike Tyron Woodley and Stephen Thompson...just saying!

And that about wraps it up for this review. We got a couple exciting events going down this week as we have the war of the Wyatt's headlining OFC 266: Vanquisher on Wednesday, then we're back at the Expo for OFC 267: Lokren vs Al Qarni featuring two title fights as well as a lineup that could rival any in all of MMATycoon! As always, if you have any fighters in need of a contract, just let me know! I really want to build up our Bantamweight and Featherweight Classes to be as strong as every other division we offer, so I'd like to request of the managers here to send some our way, it'd be greatly appreciated. With that said, have a great week guys, get your bets in over at OFC: Official Bets, Cop some gear for your fighters over at MayheM sportswear and enjoy the fights! That's all folks!

• Upvote 3

OFC: Official Rankings - 12/3/2017

BANTAMWEIGHT DIVISION - 135 lbs

CHAMPION: Dan Price (29-17-0)

1. Yves Jabouin (28-12-2)

2. Aribert Heim (25-18-0)

3. Max Built (10-5-0)

4. Albert Ricci (6-1-0)

5. Justus Sheehan Jr (33-20-0)

FEATHERWEIGHT DIVISION - 145 lbs

CHAMPION: Karate Kid (33-14-0)

1. Marlo Stanfield (24-10-0)

2. Gurney Halleck (9-6-0)

3. Krejzi Kure (18-15-1)

4. Boe Hogan (35-19-0)

5. Wu Fei Chung (9-5-0)

LIGHTWEIGHT DIVISION - 155 lbs

CHAMPION: Robbie Rockin (22-10-1)

1. Corey Davis (14-4-0)

2. Neymar Santos (26-19-0)

3. Dag Daghammar (15-3-0)

4. Sam Urai (21-12-2)

5. Ryan Hopkins (26-14-1)

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION - 170 lbs

CHAMPION: Sairanix Lokren (18-7-0)

1. Nikolai Luzhin (25-10-1)

2. How Long (36-14-0)

3. Fahad Al Qarni (26-16-1)

4. Tat Moh (27-16-1)

5. Jack Patton (18-7-1)

MIDDLEWEIGHT DIVISION - 185 lbs

CHAMPION: Peter Parker (21-11-0)

1. Thomas Hawk (22-11-1)

2. Rupert Blasts (14-3-1)

3. Jordan Belfort (17-10-0)

4. Thomas Rutherford (7-4-0)

5. Alexander Pichushkin (7-2-0)

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION - 205 lbs

CHAMPION: Shape Shifter (18-11-0)

1. Greg Coleman (21-9-0)

2. Zoey Malone Jr (19-11-0)

3. Satoshi Tanahashi (8-3-0)

4. Ryosuke Sato (10-4-0)

5. Benjamin BK (17-11-1)

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION - 265 lbs

CHAMPION: Oleksandr Usyk (14-4-0)

1. Cinder Smaug (45-19-0)

2. Mujibur Rahman (17-12-0)

3. Vunny Bin (18-9-0)

5. Koba Wyatt (7-0-0)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

OFC: Official Rankings - 26/3/2017

CHAMPION: Dan Price (30-17-0)

1. Diagoro Yabaisama (13-8-1)

2. Aribert Heim (25-18-0)

3. Albert Ricci (7-1-0)

4. Max Built (10-5-0)

5. Yves Jabouin (28-13-2)

CHAMPION: Karate Kid (33-14-0)

1. Boe Hogan (35-19-0)

2. Marlo Stanfield (24-11-0)

3. Sam Crow (22-8-0)

4. Gurney Halleck (9-6-0)

5. Wu Fei Chung (9-5-0)

CHAMPION: Corey Davis (15-4-0)

1. Robbie Rockin (22-11-1)

2. Dag Daghammar (16-3-0)

3. Sam Urai (22-12-2)

4. Kizeal Ingram (12-7-0)

5. Neymar Santos (26-20-0)

CHAMPION: Sairanix Lokren (18-7-0)

1. Nikolai Luzhin (25-10-1)

2. How Long (36-14-0)

3. Luigi Bates (15-9-0)

4. Nathaniel Armstrong (17-8-0)

5. Fahad Al Qarni (26-16-1)

CHAMPION: Peter Parker (22-11-0)

1. Clay Matthews (19-9-1)

2. Thomas Hawk (22-12-1)

3. Thomas Rutherford (7-4-0)

4. Judge LaCrosse (7-4-0)

5. Ash Camble (13-5-0)

CHAMPION: Shape Shifter (18-11-0)

1. Greg Coleman (21-9-0)

2. Zoey Malone Jr (19-11-0)

3. Ryosuke Sato (11-4-0)

4. Benjamin BK (18-11-1)

5. Satoshi Tanahashi (8-3-0)

CHAMPION: Cinder Smaug (46-19-0)

1. Lord Viceroy (35-22-0)

2. Mujibur Rahman (17-12-0)

3. Oleksandr Usyk (14-5-0)

4. Vunny Bin (19-9-0)

5. Koba Wyatt (8-0-0)

OFC 271: Tokyo Drift REVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1487832165ofc271.jpg

As I sit here on my Private Jet heading back to Canada, less than 48 hours after OFC 271: Tokyo Dirft, I can't help but still feel the buzz and excitement from this incredible event. Fans came out in droves, breaking our previous attendance record, almost filling the entire Saku Dome with 6,487! On top of this, it was also our 2nd highest rated event of All-Time! Stacking the card with three title fights and five former OFC Champions, we knew we built something special, but to see it all play out...it kind of makes you feel like a proud father, although I'm not looking forward to the teen years. But before we get ahead of ourselves, let's take the time appreciate what went down this weekend with a well-articulated recap. So...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

Let's start with The Middleweight Championship Main Event; Peter Parker defending against The Bounty Hunter Thomas Hawk. This is a fight that had been brewing for awhile and the two crossing paths was undoubtedly inevitable. It started out with both men trading shots, testing each other early. Still in the opening minute, Parker began to implement his game-plan and introduced Hawk to his clinch game. This is where we were treated to trading back n forth with some good ol' fashioned dirty boxing, picture Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn in every match they've ever had. Eventually breaking from the clinch, Hawk had a close scare as the round came to an end when his hands dropped low and Parker sent him crashing to one knee. But after a quick scramble he managed to survive and make it to the 2nd round. And for the first two minutes of the 2nd, it looked as though Hawk had found his range landing with frequent precision. But this soaring progress from Hawk came to a crashing halt when Parker dropped him with a huge combo, this would've ended most mortals, hell, my head started hurting just from seeing replays. Now rocked, Parker called him to his feet, looking for the finish. Knowing all the marbles are on the line, Hawk dug deep and managed to survive once again, while continuing to be pegged with counters for the remainder of the round. Determination was smeared across their faces along some sweat and blood for good measure, while these men gave each other their best shots in the 3rd. Even dropping one another to a single knee, back n forth until Parker got the clinch once again to close out the round.

Hawk gave us his most and possibly only dominant round of the fight in the 4th, depending on how you judge things. He really used his range effectively as he was earlier by staying on the outside, catching Parker with straight punches that word on the street is; Roy Jones Jr respects, wait, was it the street or the Play by Play commentary? Either way, he respects them and Parker grew to also! Knowing he most likely needed a finish, Parker threw him off by going back to the well, I mean the clinch, where it clearly worked as a game-changer throughout even though Hawk held his own in it. In the end, after all was said and done, Parker added the Unanimous Decision Victory to his record and retained the OFC Middleweight Championship! A hell of a fight and you gotta love when the final bell rings just how much respect these warriors show each other, as seen in the Post Fight Interviews. Champion Parker will next be seen at OFC 279, back in Montreal, when he takes on Newly signed Former Hypnotic FC Champion Clay Matthews. Meanwhile, now former title challenger Thomas Hawk will take on rising contender Thomas Rutherford at OFC 277...Man, our Middleweight division is a scary scary place full of killers...Parker's spider sense must be going off constantly, how does he ever get any sleep?

Our Co-Main Event featured a Lightweight Bout for the Ages; Champion Robbie Rockin taking on Elite Striker Corey Davis. The opening minute made it seem like Rockin is just at another level right now in his career scoring with some varied strikes, although Davis did connect with one that made both men smile and give high fives, looked like a fun moment, I almost felt left out. But the bromance ended there, Davis' aggressiveness started to help him get past Rockin's incredible striking defense. In the final moments of the first round, Rockin got caught with a high kick that, well, rocked him. The crowd erupted and by doing that, it was almost like a Bat signal for Davis to go in for the kill. Yes, I know Batman doesn't kill but Batfleck does, so my analogy works dammit! But yeah, where was I, oh yeah...Then Davis did just that, as he dropped a shoulder and threw a monster hook that connected perfectly to the side of Rockin's head, knocking him out cold! And just like that we have a New Lightweight Champion, impressive performance earning Davis the KO of the Night, as if there ever was any doubt. I'd let you know now who the next title challenger will be for him, but you're just going to have to keep reading for that info. Think I'ma give it away that easily? At least buy me a drink first, ha!

Our final title fight of the night featured OFC Bantamweight Champion Dan Price looking to defend against The Tiger Yves Jabouin. What can I say about our Champion that that hasn't already been said at some point. If I remember correctly, I last compared him to GSP with his sheer dominance, and I'm just here to pat myself on the back for it, because well, he showed why once again. The only adjustment I'd like to make to my comparison is by possibly sprinkling some Mighty Mouse over it like Salt Bae. You have to give credit to The Tiger though who was game throughout, clearly coming in with a plan...but being the Chess-Master he is, Price just had an answer for everything. Yves takes the fight in to the clinch and Price hits him with some dirty boxing. Try to stay at range and Price still pops your eye socket. We didn't see much wrestling or BJJ in this fight, but I personally didn't hear a single complaint from the crowd. In case you haven't figured it out by now, Price retained as Champion and extended his win streak to 5 consecutive Unanimous Decision victories. His toughest challenge yet however, will come in the form of Diagoro Yabaisama at OFC 279, use the presale bonus code: STEELE for tickets now!

Next up, our Fight of the Night; Former OFC Feathweight Champion Marlo Stanfield taking on Dag Daghammar at Lightweight. The first round started out like most fights do, seeing both guys really feel each other out, wait that sounds wrong, not that there's anything wrong with it...anyways, both men had their moments, trading shots but Marlo took it slightly by cutting Dag open and landing more combos. The 2nd round is really when things got interesting and the epicness knob was turned up just a bit...still not comfortable saying turnt, sorry. After spending some time in the clinch, Stanfield missed with a left hand and Daghammar connected with a straight left down the middle rocking him! Stanfield tried to retaliate while wobbly and got dropped with a right counter, talk about going from bad to worse. Somehow he survived the round, but the damage had already been done. The 3rd round would most likely decide the winner and both of these badasses knew it! A minute in and Daghammar dropped Stanfield once more...you know the "it's not the size of the dog in fight..." expression? Yeah, apply that here. Daghammar really seemed to have found his form heading in to the final seconds of the fight but that's when the unthinkable happened! Stanfield dropped him with a left and a right sending him crashing to the mat. Seeing him rocked, Stanfield waved him to his feet and Mr.Belding Saved him by the Bell. Man, what a war we were treated to with this one. Remember that challenger for Davis, I didn't want to reveal earlier? Well, this was why, Daghammar walks away with the Majority Decision victory and will now meet the Champion at OFC 279. My twitter blew up when this one ended, fans craving for a rematch...and although it won't happen right away, I feel it would be almost disrespectful to the fight Gods if we didn't run this one back at some point.

Our final Performance bonus for Submission of the Night went to Nathaniel Armstrong for his slick armbar transition forcing Black Belt Arthur Halo to tap. Aside from the opening two minutes, this fight was a grappler's wet dream. Demian Maia and Gunnar Nelson probably only own the internet to look at fight footage like this, nevermind all that other filthy smut. A combined 18 submissions were attempted here, but it was the armbar transition from an arm triangle that finally ended things. A bit of a shocker here, but that's why we fight. It's not all about stats and numbers on paper, what do you think this is a text based simulator or something? Armstrong moves his record to 17-8-0 and is sure to fight a key opponent in the division next as he continues to move up the OFC's Welterweight Rankings. Meanwhile, it's back to the drawing board for Halo whose record now sits at 16-10-0. Fortunately for Halo, when you possess the submission skills of a Boa Constricter or Royce Gracie, taking the next opponent's limbs shouldn't be too hard to accomplish.

And that about wraps it up for this review. I'm seeing the red light flash, telling me to finish things up. But before we go, I wanted to give a shoutout to everybody who helped make this event possible, from the fighters, managers to MayheM sportswear in Las Vegas (now home to my Raiders). I also wanted to give
a quick shoutout to Former OFC Light Heavyweight Champion Shuya Nanahara who retired in the cage after his victory while giving an emotional speech, enjoy the rest of your days my friend, you deserve it. But moving forward, We've got a busy week in the OFC planned for you guys with 3 events taking place between now and Sunday, topped off with a Light Heavyweight Title fight between Champion Shape Shifter and perennial contender Greg Coleman at OFC 274! Also, let's not forget the return of Bellator, WrestleMania and The Walking Dead season finale all going down this weekend as well, it's going to be an exciting one! And as always, if any of your fighters are ever in need of a contract just let me know! Have a great week guys, stay safe, train hard and let those fists fly!

• 2 weeks later...

OFC: Official Rankings - 10/4/2017

1. Aribert Heim (26-18-0)

2. Max Built (11-5-0)

3. Diagoro Yabaisama (13-8-1)

4. Phat Ho (11-8-0)

5. Aldo Barbados (9-1-0)

CHAMPION: Boe Hogan (36-19-0)

1. Karate Kid (33-15-0)

2. Gurney Halleck (10-6-0)

3. Marlo Stanfield (24-11-0)

4. Krejzi Kure (19-16-1)

5. Sam Crow (22-8-0)

3. Sam Urai (22-12-2)

4. Kizeal Ingram (13-7-0)

5. Lamont Sanford (20-11-1)

CHAMPION: Nikolai Luzhin (26-10-1)

1. Sairanix Lokren (18-8-0)

2. Fahad Al Qarni (27-16-1)

3. Luigi Bates (16-9-0)

5. How Long (36-15-0)

1. Clay Matthews (19-9-1)

2. Thomas Hawk (22-12-1)

3. Matt Kroblur (16-11-1)

4. Brian Grimes (10-4-0)

5. Thomas Rutherford (7-4-0)

CHAMPION: Greg Coleman (22-9-0)

1. Shape Shifter (18-12-0)

2. Zoey Malone Jr (20-11-0)

3. Satoshi Tanahashi (9-3-0)

4. Benjamin BK (19-11-1)

5. Ryosuke Sato (12-4-0)

CHAMPION: Cinder Smaug (47-19-0)

1. Mark Riccuito (27-14-1)

2. Lord Viceroy (36-22-0)

3. Koba Wyatt (8-0-0)

4. Derp Wyatt (17-9-0)

5. Mujibur Rahman (17-13-0)

• Upvote 1

OFC: Official Rankings - 16/4/2017

2. Max Built (11-5-0)

3. Diagoro Yabaisama (13-8-1)

4. Phat Ho (11-8-0)

5. Aldo Barbados (9-1-0)

CHAMPION: Boe Hogan (36-19-0)

1. Pikku Nilkki (24-10-0)

2. Pelle Hermano (24-13-1)

3. Karate Kid (33-15-0)

4. Marlo Stanfield (25-11-0)

5. Gurney Halleck (10-6-0)

3. Sam Urai (22-12-2)

4. Kizeal Ingram (13-7-0)

5. Lamont Sanford (20-11-1)

CHAMPION: Nikolai Luzhin (26-10-1)

2. Fahad Al Qarni (27-16-1)

3. Luigi Bates (16-9-0)

5. How Long (36-15-0)

1. Thomas Hawk (23-12-1)

2. Clay Matthews (19-9-1)

4. Brian Grimes (10-4-0)

5. Damian Brooks (6-2-0)

CHAMPION: Greg Coleman (22-9-0)

1. Shape Shifter (18-12-0)

2. Zoey Malone Jr (20-11-0)

3. Satoshi Tanahashi (9-3-0)

4. Benjamin BK (19-11-1)

5. Ryosuke Sato (12-4-0)

CHAMPION: Cinder Smaug (47-19-0)

1. Mark Riccuito (27-14-1)

2. Lord Viceroy (36-22-0)

3. Koba Wyatt (8-0-0)

4. Sven Hensen (16-10-0)

5. Derp Wyatt (17-9-0)

• 2 weeks later...

OFC: Official Rankings - 30/4/2017

CHAMPION: Diagoro Yabaisama (14-8-1)

2. Dan Price (30-18-0)

3. Max Built (11-5-0)

4. Phat Ho (11-8-0)

5. Aldo Barbados (9-1-0)

CHAMPION: Gurney Halleck (11-6-0)

1. Marlo Stanfield (26-11-0)

2. Pikku Nilkki (24-10-0)

3. Pelle Hermano (24-13-1)

4. Boe Hogan (36-20-0)

5. Kalle Palikka (14-9-0)

CHAMPION: Dag Daghammar (17-3-0)

1. Sam Urai (23-12-2)

2. Corey Davis (15-5-0)

3. Lamont Sanford (21-11-1)

4. Hannibal Barca (19-9-0)

5. Robbie Rockin (22-12-1)

CHAMPION: Nikolai Luzhin (26-10-2)

2. Fahad Al Qarni (27-16-2)

3. Nathaniel Armstrong (18-8-0)

4. Salvatore Corozzo (34-6-0)

5. Adrik Vasilev (22-9-0)

CHAMPION: Peter Parker (23-11-0)

1. Thomas Hawk (23-12-1)

2. Ravi Shankoli (34-9-0)

4. Clay Matthews (19-10-1)

5. Brian Grimes (10-4-0)

CHAMPION: Greg Coleman (23-9-0)

1. Shape Shifter (19-12-0)

2. Mike Lambert (14-3-0)

3. Hank Lombard (9-8-1)

4. AC Slater (12-6-0)

5. Benjamin BK (19-12-1)

CHAMPION: Mark Riccuito (28-14-1)

1. Lord Viceroy (37-22-0)

2. Koba Wyatt (9-0-0)

3. Sven Hensen (16-10-0)

5. Leonard Martinez (13-5-1)

OFC 280: Rio REVIEW

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1491500336OFC280.jpg

From Brazilian booty to bodacious brawls, in our First Official visit to Rio, OFC 280 had it all! Filling the Flamengo Arena with 6,000 die-hard fight fans and not only achieving the 2nd Largest Attendance in OFC History, but also breaking the OFC's Event Rating Record which has been standing for approximately two and a half years (OFC 200: Ang vs Turilli II), how could the night/show be considered anything but a success! Three Title Fights went down with one of them being named Fight of the Night...Contenders were created, Champion aspirations were crushed and cheques were cashed. It's been a minute since we've done one of these but I couldn't let this Event pass without it's Fights and Fighters being honored properly and there's a lot to go through, so...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

Starting with the 1st of Three Main Events, a highly hyped Heavyweight Championship Bout deserving of it's card positioning; Cinder Smaug vs Mark Riccuito. Defying the odds and not going the full 5 Rounds *Insert Roll-Eyes Emoji here* we bared witness to a Fountain of blood being created from the Clinch that would make Horror Hounds jealous. Coming in as the strong favorite, Riccuito didn't waste any time gaining the clinch, putting on his hard hat and going to work, clearly he packed a game-plan in his lunch-pail. Smaug gave his best efforts in blocking short punches but Riccuito's now not so secret weapon of sharpened elbows snuck through and cut Smaug like constant swings from garden shears. This one turned gory real quick, even fans in attendance were hoping for the fight to be stopped for the sake of Smaug's future scarring yet were praying that the doctor wouldn't actually step in...a bit of a contradiction in my opinion. It was at the 2:45 mark of the 1st Round when the ref finally decided to call in the Doc and put an end to this massacre. Riccuito now rides an 8 Fight Win Streak and is the man to beat in the OFC's Heavyweight Division. One man ready to give it his best shot is Lord Viceroy, who has already defeated one former OFC Heavyweight Champion. The two will meet in the OFC's next trip to the Expo in Montreal, May 27th, for OFC 287. Not sure who's going to take that one but something tells me that it won't take long to find out once the fights starts...stay tuned!

Next up, we got the Welterweight Championship Fight of the Night I mentioned earlier, between current Champion Nikolai Luzhin and perennial Contender Fahad Al Qarni. This was one of those fights where both fighters truly pushed each other to the limit and dug down deep to prove who's better. Fahad came out aggressive trying to fully capitalize on his 2nd shot at OFC Gold, striking Luzhin with a solid body shot in the opening minute, reminiscent of a cannonball being shot to the gut of Homer Simpson. But Luzhin returned a leg kick which actually buckled Fahad, this type of strike would've broken the brittle bones of any non-fighter. Luzhin must've realized he can't just stand and trade the entire fight, so he started to implement his strategy by repeatedly going for the clinch. Very close first round but commentary seemed to give it to the challenger Fahad. The 2nd Round started with Fireworks! Luzhin took advantage of Fahad keeping his hands low with a crisp shot to his head. You wanna know how Fahad responded? By feinting a straight left to the body, then turning around with a flashy move and hitting Luzhin's jaw with a dramatic spinning back fist!...like a boss, Rick Ross would be proud! Fully recovering and gaining the clinch once more, Luzhin really took advantage of the time spent there, landing punches/knees repeatedly and in the process taking the round. The 3rd round was the only negative in the fight, seeing a lull in the action, conditioning beginning to affect both men. So for the sake of those reading, let's skip to the final two rounds where 2nd winds were exhibited and Lion Hearts were on full display. These were the two rounds that truly made this a classic, constant back n forth action. Fahad had found his stride in the 4th but Luzhin refused to lose, taking his best and returning with his own. It came down to the final frame, both men battered and bruised, it was basically the final epic battle that you find in any Triple A Video Game. After returning to the clinch and trading goods like merchants in Horizon: Zero Dawn...had to stay with the video game theme. It was Luzhin jumping guard and going for subs to end things that seemed to cement things in his favor, but that's when the drama kicked in...You know Dana White's favorite expression? Say it back with me; "Don't leave it in the hands of the judges!"...The fight was ruled a draw, leaving us no option but to run things back. The sequel will take place at OFC 286, on May 26th...a glorious day if ever there was one, a certain king was born on that day *Insert Smile Emoji here*.

Our final Title fight of the evening saw Light Heavweight Champion Greg Coleman defend against Satoshi Tanahashi. In his first Title defense since recapturing the Gold, Coleman kicked things off...quite literally, with a head kick, talk about confidence. He clearly held an edge in the standup, but like the other Champions on the card, clinch became key...hmm, I'm starting to see a similar theme *Opens the Tycoon Assistant and begins training Clinch skills*. From the clinch, Tanahashi gave it his all to get the takedown but Coleman punished him for it, dropping him with a big knee straight up the middle. If you're ever bored and want to know what that feels like, basically grab a seat at your dinner table and proceed to thrust your skull downwards until your vision becomes blurry *SAFETY ADVISORY: DO NOT actually try this at home...outdoors should be fine though*. Where were we? Oh yeah, now rocked, Tanahashi was forced back in to the clinch, where he would soon meet his maker. It was only a matter of time but at the 3:44 mark of the 1st round, Coleman dropped him like a sack of sh...I mean potatoes with yet another knee up the middle. And that's another win for Coleman whose only defeat in the OFC came from former OFC Light Heavyweight Champion Shape Shifter...but more on him later.

And by more on him later, I mean right now. Former OFC Light Heavyweight Champion Shape Shifter rematched former OFC Title Challenger Zoey Malone Jr. It's always interesting to see how fighters show up for a rematch, will they come in with a completely different gameplan or stick with their guns and hope for the best...And then sometimes, we see an exact replica of the first outcome. And that's exactly what we got here, albeit, a slightly longer version. It only took one submission the first time but this time it took Shifter 5 attempts to get the win, so clearly Malone Jr went back to the gym and tried to fill the holes in his game, but when you're facing a Black belt, I guess it doesn't really matter. Shifter is now tied for 6th all time in the record for OFC's most Submission wins. And with the Submission of the Night win, it's clear the Light Heavyweight division has two Elite level Mixed Martial Artists sitting at the top of it. Shifter and Coleman have fought twice before, but the time may be now for their final contest in a rubber-match for the ages. Negotiations have yet to take place but things move quick here in the OFC, so fight fans, send your tweets with the hashtag #ColemanShifterIII and let's get it trending!

The final fight I wanted to cover is another heavyweight tilt between Koba Wyatt and Mujibur Rahman. Rahman was coming off a title loss to Smaug, meanwhile Koba has been an undefeated fighter rising through the ranks. The fight opened with Rahman landing a head kick! The doughnut in the loss column for Koba almost became a one real quick. Rahman then followed up wit leg kicks that could chop wood. Using his speed, footwork and defense, it was looking like his striking was just too much for Koba but two minutes in, momentum seemed to shift. Landing a huge combo, Koba dropped Rahman and waved the wobbled Bangladesh fighter back to his feet. We've seen this before in Koba's previous fights and highlight reels. Koba grit his teeth and threw a big right-left combo! Rahman took both shots clean on the chin and was out cold! He was then cracked once more on his way down, as the crowd went wild! Reminded me of the Woodley/Koscheck Knockout, except everybody likes Rahman more than Koscheck. Koba picks up the KO of the Night bonus, now sees himself as one of the most feared strikers in the Heavyweight division and a #1 Contender fight would make the most sense for what's next...with a win on Wednesday, Sven Hensen would make for a worthy opponent if I do say so myself.

And that about wraps it up for this Review! I want to thank every manager and fighter who was a part of this card and made it what it was. Seeing the OFC reach this level of success, becoming a Top 10 org in MMATycoon, even if it's for a short time, means a lot to me and is nothing to scoff at. We have some exciting fights coming up with most of May's events already booked and OFC 300 is just around the corner, set to take place Early this Summer. It's a great time to be a fight fan and an even greater time to be a part of the OFC! Before we go, two quick things; One, our Official Merch partnership expired as of May 1st, we will consider any and all proposals and lastly, if you have any fighters looking for a contract, let me know, I'd love to have them fight for the OFC! But yeah, next up on the docket is OFC 281 and it goes down this Wednesday so get your final training sessions in, rest up, fight well and have a great week guys!

• Upvote 1

OFC: Official Rankings - 8/5/2017

CHAMPION: Diagoro Yabaisama (14-8-1)

1. Aribert Heim (27-18-0)

2. Dan Price (30-18-0)

3. Phat Ho (12-8-0)

4. Yves Jabouin (29-14-2)

5. Max Built (11-6-0)

CHAMPION: Gurney Halleck (11-6-0)

1. Pikku Nilkki (25-10-0)

2. Marlo Stanfield (26-11-0)

3. Boe Hogan (36-20-0)

4. Kalle Palikka (14-9-0)

5. Pelle Hermano (24-14-1)

CHAMPION: Dag Daghammar (17-3-0)

1. Sam Urai (23-12-2)

2. Corey Davis (15-5-0)

3. Lamont Sanford (21-11-1)

4. Hannibal Barca (19-9-0)

1. Sairanix Lokren (19-8-0)

5. Yancy Makaki Iii (10-3-0)

CHAMPION: Peter Parker (23-11-0)

1. Thomas Hawk (23-12-1)

2. Ravi Shankoli (34-9-0)

4. Brian Grimes (11-4-0)

5. Alexander Pichushkin (9-3-0)

2. Mike Lambert (14-3-0)

3. Hank Lombard (9-8-1)

4. AC Slater (12-6-0)

5. Benjamin BK (19-12-1)

2. Sven Hensen (17-10-0)

3. Cinder Smaug (47-20-0)

4. Koba Wyatt (9-0-0)

5. Bestar Andreasson (15-6-0)

• 2 weeks later...

OFC: Official Rankings - 21/5/2017

CHAMPION: Diagoro Yabaisama (15-8-1)

1. Aribert Heim (27-18-0)

2. Phat Ho (13-8-0)

3. Yves Jabouin (30-14-2)

4. Dan Price (30-19-0)

5. Max Built (11-6-0)

CHAMPION: Marlo Stanfield (27-11-0)

1. Pikku Nilkki (25-10-0)

2. Gurney Halleck (11-7-0)

3. Kalle Palikka (15-9-0)

4. Krejzi Kure (21-16-1)

5. Pelle Hermano (24-14-1)

CHAMPION: Sam Urai (24-12-2)

1. Corey Davis (16-5-0)

2. Lewis Scott (22-11-0)

3. Hannibal Barca (19-9-0)

4. Lamont Sanford (21-12-1)

5. Max Barathian (10-3-0)

1. Sairanix Lokren (19-8-0)

5. Yancy Makaki Iii (10-3-0)

CHAMPION: Peter Parker (24-11-0)

1. Ravi Shankoli (34-9-0)

2. Thomas Hawk (23-13-1)

4. Brian Grimes (11-4-0)

5. Alexander Pichushkin (9-3-0)

2. Mayo Kermode (40-26-0)

3. Benjamin BK (20-12-1)

4. Hank Lombard (9-8-1)

5. Eagle Loveladdy (23-5-0)

2. Sven Hensen (17-10-0)

3. Cinder Smaug (47-20-0)

4. Bestar Andreasson (16-6-0)

5. Tevin Mangrove Jr (29-9-1)

• 3 weeks later...

OFC: Official Rankings - 11/6/2017

CHAMPION: Aribert Heim (28-18-0)

1. Phat Ho (14-8-0)

2. Diagoro Yabaisama (15-9-1)

3. Max Built (12-6-0)

4. Yves Jabouin (30-14-2)

5. Demetrious Jorgensen (11-8-0)

CHAMPION: Pikku Nilkki (26-10-0)

1. Krejzi Kure (22-16-1)

2. Marlo Stanfield (27-12-0)

3. Hiroshimo Sakamoto (26-13-1)

4. Pelle Hermano (25-14-1)

5. Gurney Halleck (11-7-0)

CHAMPION: Corey Davis (17-5-0)

1. Hannibal Barca (20-9-0)

2. Sam Urai (24-13-2)

3. Childish Gambino (35-21-0)

4. Lamont Sanford (21-12-1)

CHAMPION: Nikolai Luzhin (27-10-2)

1. Sven Jergensen (22-9-1)

2. Adrik Vasilev (23-9-0)

3. Yancy Makaki Iii (11-3-0)

4. Chiku Maneno (25-15-1)

5. Nathaniel Armstrong (18-8-1)

CHAMPION: Ravi Shankoli (35-9-0)

1. Alexander Potter (11-5-1)

2. Brian Grimes (12-4-0)

4. Thomas Hawk (23-14-1)

5. Gavin Freeman (14-8-0)

CHAMPION: Shape Shifter (20-12-0)

1. Mayo Kermode (41-26-0)

2. Greg Coleman (23-10-0)

3. Eagle Loveladdy (24-5-0)

4. Hank Lombard (10-8-1)

5. AC Slater (13-6-0)

CHAMPION: Mark Riccuito (29-14-1)

1. Sven Hensen (18-10-0)

2. Tevin Mangrove Jr (30-9-1)

3. Bestar Andreasson (16-6-0)

4. Lord Viceroy (37-23-0)

5. Soul Jah (19-3-0)

OFC 294: Shifter vs Kermode Main Event PREVIEW

By Alika Webb

Shape Shifter Vs Mayo Kermode

On the twenty-fourth of June, newly crowned light heavyweight champion Shape Shifter defends his belt for the first time in his second title reign. His opponent is the veteran Mayo Kermode whose career resurgence can only be described as a modern-day Cinderella story. Will the champion be able to put his submission magic to work when he faces a knockout specialist who will lay it all on the line? Or will the aging veteran complete his Cinderella story by capturing one last title now that he’s nearing the end of his illustrious career?

With a stunning eighteen wins on his record coming by submission, Shape Shifter has proven himself one of the most dangerous submission artists in the world. His technical prowess on the ground is a sight to behold. He can conjure up the craftiest submission from angles that other people wouldn’t even dare to try. He can punch and kick to throw his opponents off his scent, but when this grappler stands and trades he is like a crocodile lying in wait. He is lurking in the shallows, ready to pounce on anyone who dares to come near and drag them down to the deep end where he is king.

In his last fight, Shape Shifter completed the trilogy with his rival Greg Coleman. Coleman - a striker extraordinaire – knows all too well that when you strike with Shape Shifter, you need to have eyes on the back of your head as Shape Shifter is always on the prowl, ready to take you down. The reason he is so successful in the cage is that Shape Shifter dedicates himself completely to his craft and he doesn’t falter in turning even the smallest opening into a window of opportunity. When you’re at striking range you might find him an easy target but as soon as you drop your guard, you’ll be on your back before you know it. He spent years training and perfecting his grappling, resisting temptations to convert his style to a more striking based offence because he knew in his heart that grappling is his forte. He mustered through defeats time and time again and he was awarded for his persistence as his grappling is now second to none.

Next up is the challenger, the forty-two year old mauler and brawler "Wittertainment" Mayo Kermode. His travels have taken him across the globe and he is ready to put his experience to good use when he faces one of the biggest challenges of his life. The Australian Kermode was born in Melbourne but his wings spread fast as by the time he celebrated his eighteenth birthday, he had already taken up cage fighting in Saint Petersburg. Success did not come easy on the Australian kickboxer. Losing his first two fights did not put the Australian off the fighting path as he kept on struggling, slowly moving forward step by step like a tortoise until finally two years later he received his first title shot. His struggles did not give him the proper results as he was beaten down viciously by a champion with hands and resolve of steel. His career fluctuated after said loss, but it culminated into winning a hard earned title at the age 34. His path to glory was long and hard but there was no time to celebrate as his manager ran off and left him to rot after finally striking gold. His career went into a deep black hole after that, amassing a miserable record before finding new hope in a young manager, who he is now with until this day. He climbed his way back from rags to riches. Starting his career anew in the warmth of his home country of Australia which led him to the cold lands of Canada where he now gets the chance to fight for the gold one last time.

Will the crocodile eat the tortoise alive or will the Australian kickboxer bring a happy ending to his Cinderella story? Find out on the twenty-fourth of June as the veteran striker challenges the grappling specialist for the gold at OFC 294: Shifter vs Kermode.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

OFC: Official Rankings - 26/6/2017

CHAMPION: Aribert Heim (28-18-0)

1. Phat Ho (14-8-0)

2. Max Built (13-6-0)

3. Diagoro Yabaisama (15-9-1)

4. Demetrious Jorgensen (11-8-0)

5. Yves Jabouin (30-15-2)

CHAMPION: Pikku Nilkki (26-10-0)

1. Hiroshimo Sakamoto (27-13-1)

2. Gurney Halleck (12-7-0)

3. Krejzi Kure (22-16-1)

4. Sum Ting Wong (23-8-0)

5. Marlo Stanfield (27-13-0)

CHAMPION: Corey Davis (17-5-0)

1. Hannibal Barca (20-9-0)

2. Childish Gambino (36-21-0)

3. Sam Urai (24-13-2)

4. Max Barathian (11-4-0)

CHAMPION: Nikolai Luzhin (28-10-2)

1. Yancy Makaki Iii (12-3-0)

2. Fahad Al Qarni (28-17-2)

3. Chiku Maneno (25-15-1)

4. Adrik Vasilev (23-10-0)

5. Dante Flux (11-3-0)

CHAMPION: Ravi Shankoli (35-9-0)

1. Alexander Potter (11-5-1)

2. Brian Grimes (12-5-0)

3. Wykyd Dall (9-5-0)

4. Thomas Hawk (23-14-1)

5. Gavin Freeman (14-8-0)

CHAMPION: Mayo Kermode (42-26-0)

1. Greg Coleman (24-10-0)

2. Shape Shifter (20-13-0)

3. AC Slater (14-6-0)

4. Eagle Loveladdy (24-5-0)

5. Butch Steel (12-6-0)

CHAMPION: Mark Riccuito (30-14-1)

1. Bestar Andreasson (17-6-0)

2. Tevin Mangrove Jr (30-10-1)

3. Koba Wyatt (10-1-0)

4. Soul Jah (20-3-0)

5. Sven Hensen (18-11-0)

• 2 weeks later...

OFC: Official Rankings - 16/7/2017

CHAMPION: Aribert Heim (29-18-0)

1. Maui Built (13-6-0)

2. Diagoro Yabaisama (15-9-1)

3. Phat Ho (14-9-0)

4. Justus Sheehan Jr. (37-22-0)

5. Buck Futter (18-11-0)

CHAMPION: Pikku Nilkki (27-10-0)

1. Hiroshimo Sakamoto (27-13-1)

2. Wu Fei Chung (13-6-0)

3. Sum Ting Wong (24-8-0)

4. Gurney Halleck (12-8-0)

5. Krejzi Kure (22-17-1)

CHAMPION: Hannibal Barca (21-9-0)

1. Childish Gambino (37-21-0)

2. Hector Camacho (39-16-0)

3. Sam Urai (24-13-2)

4. Corey Davis (17-6-0)

5. Max Barathian (12-4-0)

CHAMPION: Nikolai Luzhin (28-10-2)

1. Yancy Makaki Iii (12-3-0)

2. Adrik Vasilev (24-10-0)

3. Chiku Maneno (26-15-1)

4. Dum Debble (10-3-1)

5. Cheik Imbula (8-4-1)

CHAMPION: Ravi Shankoli (36-9-0)

1. Hone Huia (20-14-0)

2. Wykyd Dall (10-5-0)

3. Achab Denis (13-3-0)

4. Brian Grimes (12-6-0)

5. Johan Attila (25-13-0)

CHAMPION: Mayo Kermode (42-26-0)

1. Greg Coleman (24-10-0)

2. Shape Shifter (20-13-0)

3. AC Slater (15-6-0)

4. Ramses Xll (12-9-0)

5. Eagle Loveladdy (24-6-0)

CHAMPION: VACANT

1. Mark Riccuito (30-14-1)

2. Bestar Andreasson (17-6-0)

3. Koba Wyatt (11-1-0)

4. Soul Jah (21-3-0)

5. Cam Newton (22-10-0)

OFC 300: Luzhin vs Makaki Iii PREVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1500229624OFC300Final.jpg

7 Years. 300 Shows, 3300 Fights, 40 Blood Nights and 4 Seasons of The Ultimate Warrior.

All of it has led to this. Many Fighters/Managers have come and gone throughout the years, each one leaving their mark with us in some way, shape or form. None of this would be possible without them or you, and for that I thank you. OFC 300 will feature 7 Title Fights, showcasing the very best of each division we have to offer. I'm proud of this card, milestone, and achievement, as well as everyone who is a part of it and helped me put it together. No matter what happens July 22nd, 2017, it's sure to be a night to remember. The MMATycoon World is watching, let's show them what the Ontario Fight Club is all about and why we've lasted this long!

MAIN EVENT

WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Nikolai Luzhin (28-10-2) vs Yancy Makaki Iii (12-3-0)

"The Undertaker" Nikolai Luzhin had made a name for himself long before fighting for the OFC, with previous Title Runs taking place in EVO, CFC and SP:ICON. This fight feels different however, as his Legacy and Championship are both on the line in one of the Biggest Events of the Year; OFC 300, when he takes on Former Strikeforce Union Welterweight Champion; "Fancy" Yancy Makaki Iii, who has been on one hell of a run winning 9 Straight. This headlining slot is well deserved by both men, who are no strangers to the media during fight week and all of the added pressures that come with it, as well as offering more than qualified resumes. When looking at the fight itself, the oddsmakers have Yancy as a slight favorite due to his Elite Boxing and Wrestling, but the skill levels are so close in range that the advantages may not even make a difference come fight night. Don't be surprised to see this one go the distance though, since the majority of both fighter's wins have come via decision, and neither have a finished a fight in 2017. At the age of only 25, time seems to be on Yancy's side but after to speaking to Luzhin's (36) teammates over at Heavy Metal gym, I don't think he's willing to pass the torch on just yet. Tune in this Saturday to see if The Undertaker digs a hole for another soul or if the Fancy era is upon us!

CO-MAIN EVENT

MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ravi Shankoli (36-9-0) vs Hone Huia (20-14-0)

The Biggest Betting favorite on the card, OFC Middleweight Champion; Ravi "The Trancendental Dentist" Shankoli will be making his 3rd appearance in an OFC Cage yet the 1st one in Montreal, against the gritty vet challenger; Hone Huia managed by Novaman Movman. Hone is coming in to this one winning two consecutive KO of the Night honors, now aiming for his 3rd and possibly the Biggest upset of the year. And believe you me, the odds are quite justified considering Ravi is riding a 6-Fight win streak all coming by way of KO/TKO and has 27 Career Knockouts to his name. This guy is a heavy-hitter, if ever there was one. Just ask previous OFC Middleweight Champion Peter Parker his thoughts on the matter. Everybody's seen Rudy at least once in their lifetime, so you can't count Hone out just yet...however, MMATycoon isn't a movie and there aren't always happy endings in this world. Sidenote; Oh wow, that came out sounding a lot more dark than I intended it to be, let's go with; hey, anything can happen and leave it at that. Yeah, that sounds more optimistic.

MAIN CARD

HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Bestar Andreasson (17-6-0) vs Koba Wyatt (11-1-0)

The OFC was left with no choice but to strip now Former Heavyweight Champion Mark Riccuito of his title last week due to inactivity. So the Vacant Championship will be up for grabs between original Challenger "The Soldat" Bestar Andreasson and late replacement, knockout artist Koba Wyatt. With 25 Knockouts between the two, it should be fairly obvious how this one will end. Don't be surprised if the Knockout of the Night is awarded to the winner of this one. It may very well come down to who lands first. Coming in at the age of 29, both men should be peaking in their skill-sets and careers, so it will be interesting to see which man will continue on an upwards trajectory as they build their legacy, while the other will be forced to take a step back to re-evaluate things in order to come back stronger. Word on the street is, Bestar flew in fellow Countryman Alexander Gustafsson for some late night sparring sessions in order to adjust to the opponent change. We'll see if move pays off in the end or if the offshore transaction will bring him down like Jordan Belfort.

MAIN CARD

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Mayo Kermode (42-26-0) vs Greg Coleman (23-9-0)

Since the OFC's resurgence back in December, there's been two fixtures in the Light Heavyweight Division; Shape Shifter and Greg Coleman. Mayo Kermode shocked the world last month by defeating Shape to become the Light Heavyweight Champion. Now in his first title defense, he will take on the other perennial contender Coleman in order to truly cement his standing in the division. Coleman will be looking to capture the Championship for a 3rd title reign, almost solidifying himself as a Future Hall of Famer if he does. A lot more than Pride on the line in this one. Sharing 47 Knockouts between the two, these guys are no strangers to cracking skulls. Coleman may have the advantage standing on paper, but don't let that fool you in to thinking Mayo won't try to test his chin. However, if the fight does go to the floor, Coleman has shown to be more susceptible to the submission as of late. But knowing Greg, as soon as he got back to the gym after his last loss, defensive grappling was the first thing he went to work on. No matter what happens, seeing Mayo rejuvenated at this stage of his career is nothing to scoff at and is more motivational than the 1st Season of GLOW on Netflix!

MAIN CARD

FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Pikku Nilkki (27-10-0) vs Hiroshimo Sakamoto (27-13-1)

This is a fight that I feel has flown under the radar...until now. OFC Featherweight Champion and Former Destiny Bantamweight Champion Pikku Nilkki looks to defend his title for a 2nd time against Former Death Squad and UGD Lightweight Champion Hiroshimo "Hiro" Sakamoto. You don't get more well-rounded than these two warriors, with no skill less than Sensational. Yet Pikku seems to be more willing to go for the finish as of late, while Sakamoto is content with going the distance, winning 9 of his last 10 fights by way of Decision. Nilkki is coming off of a 1st Round TKO victory over Krejzi Kure, where he never looked better. You've got to think his confidence is at an all-time high. Yet at the weigh-ins earlier, Sakamoto didn't seem to be phased at all, not even in the slightest. How could he be after defeating Former 2x OFC Featherweight Champion Marlo Stanfield in his OFC debut? A few words were exchanged between the two at the staredown, but I'm not sure if a single word was understood considering both of their languages being completely foreign to the other. It sort of reminded me of the early interactions in Rush Hour, between Chris Tucker and Jackie Chan, except more whimsical.

MAIN CARD

LIGHTWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Hannibal Barca (21-9-0) vs Childish Gambino (37-21-0)

The OFC Lightweight Championship has been unable to find a stable home as of late, but current Champ Barca is looking to change that as he defends for the 1st time against OFC vet and Knockout Record Holder Childish Gambino. Barca became Champion at OFC 295: City of Angels, earning a 3rd Round TKO Victory and has been eager to get back in the cage ever since. His ground n pound looked absolutely ferocious in that fight so you've got to think until it's dry, that's a well he may very umm...well, go back to. Also, the fact that Gambino has 32 Career Knockouts to his name, why even risk trading shots with him on the feet? I'm not one to tell a fighter, a World Champion at that, how to gameplan/strategize, but the logical path seems pretty clear. On the other side, after 35 fights in the OFC, at 41 years of age and never winning the big one, it's highly likely this will be Gamino's last chance to do so. He's hinted at possibly retiring if the fight doesn't go his way, I just hope by Gambino telling Ariel Helwani that, earlier this week, that Barca hasn't already defeated him.

MAIN CARD

BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Aribert Heim (29-18-0) vs Maui Built (13-6-0)

The lone rematch of the entire card. Nothing wrong with stirring up some previous bad blood, even if there may or may not have been any there to begin with...but let's just say there is, for dramatic effect. Heim looks to defend his title for a 2nd time and remain undefeated in the OFC Cage against previous rival "Da Kine" Maui Built. Their first fight saw Built get rocked in the 1st Round with an elbow from half guard, yet he regained his senses and keep the last two rounds competitive. From what I've heard out of Built's camp over at Boyz II Men, is that he's still so young at 25, that he's a like sponge, constantly learning and inevitably evolving. Not sure why, but after hearing that, all I could think of was the Goosebumps tale; It Came from Beneath the Sink! Former Champion Diagoro Yabaisama flew in for the event and will be sitting cageside for this one, believing he's most likely next in line. These guys might need some time to recover after this one though, because of what will most likely turn out to be 25 minutes of giving each other hell!

PRELIMS

HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION

Cam Newton (22-10-0) vs Soul Jah (21-3-0)

This key matchup should give the Heavyweight division a new #1 Contender. Both Cam and Soul have been on incredible runs in the OFC, so a crash course between the two seemed inevitable. With 33 Knockouts between the two, I'd imagine we're going to be treated to another Stand-up Battle. There's two clear advantages on paper that I see for Soul, one being his Sensational Muay Thai which can be key if used properly and the other being his granite chin. Soul only has 3 career losses, all coming by way of decision. Considering this is the Heavyweight division, that is quite an achievement. But if anybody has the power to turn off his lights like the Cable guy, it's Cam freaking Newton! All of these super brawls will catch up to him at some point though, maybe it's because of his days playing football but he's already suffered 7 TKO defeats before going on his current run. But you know what they say, live by the sword, die by the sword!

PRELIMS

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION

Shape Shifter (20-13-0) vs Eagle Loveladdy (24-6-0)

Former OFC Light Heavyweight Champion Shape will be looking to bounce back after losing his title to Mayo Kermode, against one of the biggest prospects in the division; Eagle Loveladdy. Shape's submission skills are second to none, so there's no doubt he'll be like a shark in the water once again if the fight goes to the floor, and we've all seen JAWS many times before...great movie. Hopefully Eagle's takedown defense has improved since we've last seen him, otherwise he could be going to sleep quicker than my dear grandmother does on a weeknight. Every fight starts standing though, and that's the one advantage every round that Eagle will have, especially with his Elite Muay Thai and 17 Career knockouts. It's the classic striker versus grappler matchup, tune in at 6:00 pm EST to see who prevails!

PRELIMS

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION

Chiku Maneno (26-15-1) vs Peter Angelov (14-10-1)

The curtain jerker...our opening fight of the night. Since debuting in the OFC, these two have looked incredible. Chiku was last seen headlining OFC: Blood Night XL, where he defeated Rafael Vieira to earn this opportunity to perform on the big stage. Meanwhile, Peter has been steadily moving up the Welterweight rankings looking for the right name and breakout performance, and what better place to do that at than OFC 300 in the Montreal Sports Complex! Chiku's Elite Boxing puts fear in the hearts of even the bravest men, but Peter has signed on the dotted line and is up to the challenge/biggest fight of his life. Doors open 4:20 pm EST and limited edition Undertaker headbands will be given away to the first 1,000 attendees. Sidenote: If I see any of them being sold on Ebay later, I am going to lose my *Beep*!

• Upvote 1

OFC: Official Rankings - 23/7/2017

CHAMPION: Maui Built (14-6-0) *NEW*

1. Diagoro Yabaisama (16-9-1)

2. Aribert Heim (29-19-0)

3. Justus Sheehan Jr. (37-22-0)

4. Phat Ho (14-10-0)

5. Buck Futter (18-11-0)

CHAMPION: Pikku Nilkki (28-10-0)

1. Wu Fei Chung (13-6-0)

2. Sum Ting Wong (24-8-0)

3. Hiroshimo Sakamoto (27-14-1)

4. Gurney Halleck (12-8-0)

5. Krejzi Kure (22-17-1)

CHAMPION: Hannibal Barca (22-9-0)

1. Hector Camacho (39-16-0)

2. Corey Davis (18-6-0)

3. Sam Urai (24-13-2)

4. Childish Gambino (37-22-0)

5. Max Barathian (12-4-0)

CHAMPION: Nikolai Luzhin (29-10-2)

1. Adrik Vasilev (24-10-0)

2. Yancy Makaki Iii (12-4-0)

3. Chiku Maneno (27-15-1)

4. Yasuhiro Akagi (18-6-0)

5. Dum Debble (10-3-1)

CHAMPION: Ravi Shankoli (37-9-0)

1. Carlos Centurion (32-10-2)

2. Wykyd Dall (10-5-0)

3. Hone Huia (20-15-0)

4. Achab Denis (13-3-0)

5. Matt Kroblur (16-11-1)

CHAMPION: Greg Coleman (24-9-0) *NEW*

1. Shape Shifter (21-13-0)

2. Mayo Kermode (42-27-0)

3. AC Slater (15-6-0)

4. Ramses Xll (12-9-0)

5. Benjamin BK (21-13-1)

CHAMPION: Koba Wyatt (12-1-0) *NEW*

2. Soul Jah (22-3-0)

3. Bestar Andreasson (17-7-0)

4. Derp Wyatt (19-11-0)

5. Cam Newton (22-11-0)

• 2 weeks later...

OFC: Official Rankings - 6/8/2017

CHAMPION: Maui Built (14-6-0)

1. Diagoro Yabaisama (16-9-1)

2. Aribert Heim (29-19-0)

3. Barack Obama (18-18-1)

4. Buck Futter (19-11-0)

5. Demetrious Jorgensen (12-8-0)

1. Wu Fei Chung (13-6-0)

2. Sum Ting Wong (24-8-0)

3. Hiroshimo Sakamoto (27-14-1)

4. Gurney Halleck (13-8-0)

5. Nils Holgersson (28-19-0)

CHAMPION: Hannibal Barca (22-9-0)

1. Hector Camacho (39-16-0)

2. Marlo Stanfield (28-14-0)

3. Childish Gambino (37-22-0)

4. Sam Urai (24-14-2)

5. Reno Rawlings (8-6-0)

CHAMPION: Nikolai Luzhin (29-10-2)

1. Dum Debble (11-3-1)

2. Lee Sin (10-3-0)

3. Yancy Makaki Iii (12-4-0)

4. Chiku Maneno (27-15-1)

5. Yasuhiro Akagi (18-7-0)

CHAMPION: Ravi Shankoli (37-9-0)

1. Carlos Centurion (32-10-2)

2. Wykyd Dall (11-5-0)

3. Achab Denis (14-3-0)

4. Hone Huia (20-15-0)

5. Maui Wowie (15-7-0)

CHAMPION: Greg Coleman (25-10-0)

1. Shape Shifter (21-13-0)

2. Ramses Xll (13-9-0)

3. Mayo Kermode (42-27-0)

4. AC Slater (15-7-0)

5. Benjamin BK (21-13-1)

CHAMPION: Koba Wyatt (12-1-0)

2. Soul Jah (22-3-0)

3. Bestar Andreasson (17-7-0)

4. Sven Hensen (19-12-0)

5. Cam Newton (22-11-0)

OFC 305: Wyatt vs Jah REVIEW

http://mmatycoon.com/orgeventpublic.php?EvID=889712

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1501272618ofc305.jpg

This past weekend, the OFC made the trek to Amsterdam for the 1st time, where everything is legal...except soccer kicks to the head of a downed opponent. Over 5000 fight fans filled The Beer Garden arena, along with weed smoke and anticipation for an exciting night of fights. And that's exactly what they got with big finishes under the big lights, that would bring joy to the heart and a tear to the eye of Cro Cop, reminding him of earlier days, simpler times. Right Kick hospital, Left Kick Cemetery...but more on that in just a bit. OFC 305 is now the 7th Highest Rated Event in org history, so you know the stoners got their money's worth with this one. And before we get in to the results, for anyone planning a trip to the Red Light District, I highly recommend the Blueberry and Bruce Banner strains of their finest but...Without further ado, let's run it all back with a Full Review!

MAIN EVENT

HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Koba Wyatt (12-2-0) vs Soul Jah (23-3-0)

After OFC 300 and the sudden leave of absence Former Champion Mark Riccuito took from the sport, the Heavyweight division was left with two clear-cut killers at the top of it, both on monster win streaks. The clashing of the two was inevitable and after what went down on Saturday night, I truly hope we get to run this one back again some day. The opening round saw Jah work the champ over with counters, roughing him up a bit. Wyatt managed to come back with a few shots of his own before taking something no man should...and that's a kick to the nether regions. Upon recovery both of these soldiers seemed to have their moments throughout the round, trading strikes, Jah most likely taking the advantage on the judges scorecards though. Late in the round however, the Champion Wyatt caught Jah with a combo, cutting and dropping him! The crowd was going nuts at this point, but Jah managed to get his feet back under him before throwing a few kicks (foreshadowing what's to come...) to end the round, possibly saving him. Hopefully the audio from their corners will be released at some point and I'm willing to be it contains a lot of curse words and yelling, which is almost massaging to the eardrums, something you can take a nice relaxing bath too. But back to the fight, 2nd round, Jah's Head Coach from Killer Instinct gym must have given him a Martin Luther King Jr.-esque level of a pep talk speech, because his head was back in the game. Jah unloaded his diverse striking arsenal before landing a monster head kick that reverborated around the arena! The roof was torn off the building as Wyatt toppled to the mat and the New Champion; Jah was crowned after the incredible comeback. He even stopped for the media to take a 5 second pose as if he were Edge & Christian...I have a feeling this title reign is going to totally reek of awesomeness. Only thing that could top off this win is to also be awarded the Knockout of the Night for it and that's exactly what happened. See kids, say your prayers, take your vitamins and your dreams will come true!

CO-MAIN EVENT

MIDDLEWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP

Ravi Shankoli (38-9-0) vs Carlos Centurion (32-11-2)

Since arriving in the OFC and toppling Peter Parker`s reign as Middleweight Champion, Ravi Shankoli has staked his claim as one of the best to ever step in the cage at 185 lbs. Stepping up to challenge his supremacy was Former Trinity Welterweight Champion Carlos Centurion, making his OFC debut. Carlos actually buckled Ravi's knee early with a kick before returning one of his own. I'm not sure if the Champion was taking his current foe lightly or if Centurion's varied attacks actually caught him off guard. From jabs effecting the vision to leg kicks that could tenderize next Sunday night's meat rations at Family Dinner, they were all on display. The momentum shifted momentarily when Ravi caught Carlos with a lovely overhand right, busting him up, but the damage was already done on the scorecards for the round, pointing in the challenger's favor. What surprised me is the fact that he was able to proceed with his game-plan in to the 2nd round without Ravi finding the solution to this lament configuration, Pinhead and his cenobites would be proud. The 3rd round however, taught me as well as the rest of the world why we should never doubt Shankoli again. He's the Champion for a reason and a very very good one at that. 14 seconds in to the round, Centurion lost his concentration momentarily and Shankoli countered with a picture perfect head kick! Centurion went down, out cold! I had to signal for our medical team to bring in the stretcher, all I can say is our thoughts and prayers are with Carlos and his loved ones, here's to a speedy recovery. Ravi showed a lot of respect and compassion in his post fight speech, celebrating his 3rd consecutive title defense. Up next for him is Wykyd "Attitude" Dall (11-5-0) at OFC 309, tickets are available now, visit our Merch Partner; Urban Fighter's website and enter the code: Trancendental Dentist for a discount and major savings!

MAIN CARD

LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION

Benjamin BK (22-13-1) vs Shape Shifter (21-14-0)

There's nothing I love more than seeing two OFC veterans tangle it up in the center of an arena, surrounded by chain meshing. Benjamin "Duboo" BK and the OFC Light Heavyweight Champion Greg Coleman's nemesis, the sinister Shape Shifter gave us just that by putting on a show for the ages! Originally meeting at OFC: Blood Night XXXI, it was only a matter of time before the two crossed paths once again. Shifter was able to get the fight to floor much quicker this time around which had to have given BK's corner a few grey hairs, flashbacks of the armbar in their minds. Much to everyone's surprise, BK was much more prepared with his defensive grappling, fending off submissions for the majority of the round but living to fight another day because of it. 2nd round saw his takedown defense improve tenfold. He clearly didn't want to go to the ground with Shifter again, everyone knows you can only stick your hand in a bee's nest so many times before you get stung, right? Shifter was able to get him down late in the round but it was too little too late as BK narrowly escaped, evening things up. With that said, sometimes magicians save their best trick for the final act and that's exactly what BK did in the final frame. After being taken down once again, he was able to reverse position and dive in to side control, and this is where he let loose scoring with short elbows, rocking Shifter! One after another before it became too many and even Jon Bones Jones learned a thing or two from that vicious ground n pound. With the victory, BK not only finds redemption but also positions himself nicely at the top of the division, possibly earning that long awaited OFC title shot!

MAIN CARD

BANTAMWEIGHT DIVISION

Aribert Heim (30-19-0) vs Barack Obama (18-19-1)

Former OFC Bantamweight Champion; Heim's path back to the Gold all starts here as he took on OFC newcomer and MMA vet Barack Obama. This was one of those fights where being well-rounded goes a long way since it was going to take place everywhere. Obama was able to dump Heim on the mat in the opening minute, reminiscent of a vintage Kurt Angle power slam! For the remainder of the round, they traded submission attempts and ground strikes back n forth, each one with more intensity. The following five minutes took place entirely on the feet and mostly in the clinch, the dirty boxing came in more handy than keeping a box of kleenex in the bedroom of someone going through puberty. Pressing fast forward, the final round saw Heim continue to get the better of the standup before gaining a takedown of his own in to half guard. Obama was able to muster up enough energy for one last kneebar attempt but Heim somehow managed to wriggle free and regain top position. Heim continued to control...literally, on cruise control until the final bell rang and he was awarded with the unanimous decision victory. Where he goes from here will be interesting as he continues to remain a fixture of the division but was just finished by the champion. The next chapter in his comeback story should be made more clear within the next week or so, keep an eye on the OFC homepage for more details.

MAIN CARD

WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION

Yancy Makaki Iii (13-4-0) vs Cheik Imbula (8-6-1)

The opening fight of our main card saw former Title Challenger Yancy Makaki Iii take on OFC fan favorite; Cheik "Genesis" Imbula. There's a reason why this one started our night off and it was shown almost immediately. The skill level of these two warriors is so high class, I'd be shocked if they both don't somehow someway end up as OFC Champion someday. Imbula's aggressiveness definitely pushed the pace of the fight early but I feel as though speed was on Yancy's side which worked to his benefit, resulting in more counters with crisp shots. After moving the fight in to the clinch and a series of strikes being traded between the two, Yancy may have done just enough to take the lead. We were treated to more calculated brutality in the middle round before Imbula switched things up and pulled guard successfully. Four consecutive submission attempts followed but to no avail and we headed in to another break. The final five pins on the clock is where things got even more interesting, when a little over a minute in Imbula got rocked by a glancing head kick (didn't I say that was a theme of the evening) but somehow found a way to survive, think Mark Wahlberg in Lone Survivor. As the final seconds withered away, Imbula knew he had to do something and truly showed heart as he pulled guard once again and worked for a loose triangle. Unfortunately for the Genesis, time ran out and even though he took the round, it wasn't enough to be awarded the decision victory. Yancy with the win, looks to climb the ladder to gold once again, meanwhile it's back to the drawing board for Imbula.

For our prelim matches of the night, there's two fighters I wanted to highlight and congratulate in particular...and that's Levan Revazshvili (18-12-2) & Wiremu Huia (9-7-0). Both of these Superstars earned 2nd Round TKO victories over respected opponents; Former OFC Light Heavyweight Champion Mayo Kermode (42-28-0) & DFC Veteran Leonidas Sparta (6-2-0). Levan now sees himself only a win or two away from gaining a shot at the gold while Huia continues to climb the ranks moving his OFC record to (5-1-0). Also picking up victories in the undercard portion of the event were Middleweight Contender Matt Kroblur (17-11-1), Peter "The Crimson Killer" Redfield (12-11-0) and Nick Shamrock (4-1-0) in his OFC debut. A big thank you goes out to every fighter that appeared on the card, every time they step foot inside the cage there's a chance they may not come home the same. They not only put their careers but also their lives on the line each time and it's on us to not forget that. On a lighter note, before leaving the dam, to top off the night, word on the street was that Shankoli was throwing the bash of the century...I don't want to sound too TMZ but I heard OFC Hall of Famer and Former Middleweight Champ Ang even showed up and things got a little bit heated. Unfortunately for us, that's a fight we may only ever get in the next EA OFC Video Game.

And that about wraps it up for this event, definitely one for the record books.I really hope everyone enjoys our coverage of the event and continues to be a part of what we're doing here in the OFC, putting on the best damn fights with the best damn fighters this game has ever seen. And the way I see it is in order to become a Legend, you're going to have to pass through Ontario at some point. Ohh, I like that line, might have to engrave it on tombstone while I'm still breathing. But once again, thank you for your continued support. If you have any unsigned fighters looking for a home or if you just want to shoot the *BLEEP*, feel free to send me a message, my inbox is always open! Moving forward, we got two more exciting events heading your way this week with OFC: Blood Night XLII headlined by Achab Denis (14-3-0) and Hone Huia (20-15-0), as well as OFC 306: Luzhin vs Debble where the OFC Welterweight Championship will be up for grabs! You know the drill at this point, train hard, fight harder, have a great week and I'll see you all again Wednesday for another exciting night of fights...Stay Gold Ponyboy!

• Upvote 1

OFC: Official Rankings - 20/8/2017

CHAMPION: Maui Built (15-6-0)

1. Aribert Heim (30-19-0)

2. Diagoro Yabaisama (16-10-1)

3. Phat Ho (15-10-0)

4. Demetrious Jorgensen (12-8-0)

5. Barack Obama (18-19-1)

1. Gurney Halleck (14-8-0)