Bushido Clothing PRIDE Heavyweight GP Brackets Announced!

The fight matchups and tournament brackets for the 2009 PRIDE HWGP are announced for Critical Countdown!

Worldwide Top-10 ranked Paul Smith (5-0) will face Sandor Clegane (3-0). The winner will fight the victor of Drunken Terror (2-0) vs. Li Fen (2-0) in the semi-finals.

On the other side of the bracket, James Doerkson (2-0) will have a chance to knock off #2 ranked heavyweight in the world Osanti Herod (4-0). The victor will then move on to face the last man standing between Thomas Noham (3-0) and Hayatoshi Sakutara (2-0).

The Critical Countdown begins May 15th!

http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k286/Whispering_Death/TournamentBracket1.jpg

The winner will have some SERIOUS bragging rights.....no doubt about that. This is THE PRIDE HWGP title!!! you don't get bigger than this.... :winner:

No way, No how.

I'm freakin' training my ass off for the possibility of a shot one day down the road of the possibility of making the next one. :training2:

People can dream can't they?

that's honestly my least favorite one. wait until you see the next two, heh.
i dont like the "in-your-face"-letters that go from side to side, as i told FMan before. but thats bitching on a high level :shades:. the picture and the message it sends is beautifull stuff.

Li Fen let me know that he is already very satisfied with his progress in PRIDE and cant believe that he is in the qurter-finals of the Grand Prix. every success that would come now would be just icing on the cake.

• 2 weeks later...

the final four should remember to leave one sponsorship slot open if they can....unless you dont want that $3000 sponsorship from bushido, heh.

this has been an amazing tournament so far. the fights have been competitive and exciting...can't ask for much more than that.

• 2 weeks later...

great poster. it even looks like its Li Fen on the poster! theres only one man in japan that is that tall!

the final is crazy. Fen and Hayatoshi are like mirror-images of eachother. we all know they both had 4 fights and finished every fight in the first round via submission, besides that they also spent just about the same time alltogether in the PRIDE-ring.

and one things for sure already: the best heavyweight in the world will come from japan. Hayatoshi and Fen cleared the field of foreigners. japanese fans are going crazy. BJJ-schools around the world also, i heard they report record-signups.

i could go on but i dont wanna steal WD's job :D.

Li Fen let me know that hes real excited having defeated such a tough opponent and he looks forward to facing his mirror-image come Final Round. he closed his comments with "im ugly, but so are you".

Hayatoshi said that he has all the respect for Li Fen, but he'll come to crush and kill..

Mainly because he is ugly than Li Fen, so he'll cut his face to become at least, the pretty boy :D

Very nice poster!

But you should put some hair into the picture, cause will be Hayatoshi there :D