How the he** did I lose this fight?

St.Figenschou

Ehm, I didn't know that the following: Gomez takes a punch to the jaw and another one to the bread basket. And: A nice combination there by Stone. Beats the following: Gomez sets himself and throws a head kick that knocks Stone to the ground! Gomez dives into full mount looking to finish! AND BEING IN FULL MOUNT for over 3 minutes.

So I really wonder who should look better the next time before you rant out some random stuff without actually what you're talking about. Maybe two punch combos scores better than a knockdown and full mount for over 3 minutes. Ehm, who the hell am I kidding here...

And yeah, he avoided my clinch, but for your information, R Stone missed 15 head punches, 17 punch combos, 1 head kick and 5 leg kicks.

And the most funny part is, the two closest rounds (1 & 2) were being dominated by Mr. Stone, but if you read the actual commentery, you're in for a real surprise.

And the 3rd round, which was as dominant as can be, was only won comfortably. Hell, maybe he won that too, or what'cha think Mr LeviAJones?

You seem to be forgetting that the fight is scored by round. I hope you're not arguing that you won the second. Obviously, you won the third. He won the second. You specifically asked about the first round which seems to be the only questionable round. Let's take a look at the numbers for the first round.

He landed: A combo that cut you, a head punch, and another combo.

He missed: 11 strike attempts, 2 improve position attempts

You landed: A head kick that dropped him and cut him

You missed: 4 clinch attempts

Your total offensive output was one kick.

His total offensive output was two combos and a head punch.

Neither of you did a damn thing on the ground. You started in mount, so you score no points for advancing. You stuffed two improve position attempts. You get some points for that. The rest of the time, you did NOTHING.

As far as you mentioning the commentary, you're talking flavor text. Flavor text is there so that it doesn't just list stats. It's nice to see, but just because it says "a jab," that doesn't literally mean there is a computer simulation of what a jab can do somewhere and it's reporting back. It just means you got hit in the head and a piece of flavor text that satisfied that was selected at random.

You seem to be forgetting that the fight is scored by round. I hope you're not arguing that you won the second. Obviously, you won the third. He won the second. You specifically asked about the first round which seems to be the only questionable round. Let's take a look at the numbers for the first round.

He landed: A combo that cut you, a head punch, and another combo.

He missed: 11 strike attempts, 2 improve position attempts

You landed: A head kick that dropped him and cut him

You missed: 4 clinch attempts

Your total offensive output was one kick.

His total offensive output was two combos and a head punch.

Neither of you did a damn thing on the ground. You started in mount, so you score no points for advancing. You stuffed two improve position attempts. You get some points for that. The rest of the time, you did NOTHING.

As far as you mentioning the commentary, you're talking flavor text. Flavor text is there so that it doesn't just list stats. It's nice to see, but just because it says "a jab," that doesn't literally mean there is a computer simulation of what a jab can do somewhere and it's reporting back. It just means you got hit in the head and a piece of flavor text that satisfied that was selected at random.

So we have a brand new sport where octagon control doesn't matter, and being in the most dominant position we have in mma counts for nothing aswell. And obviously, without a doubt, 2 punch combos (which is what, 4-5 punches?) dominates a knockdown. Nice new sport this mmatycoon, cause if you want to make a simulation of a sport, please dont take the aspects you like (STANDUP) and ignore some of the other aspects.

Lol, this shit happens also in real life. Look at Machida vs. Shogun. (worse than your fight)

Also, the motor isn't perfect and im sure there is a random element in the judging.

Nothing has been ignored. All aspects of the fight game have been accounted for. Either you are intentionally being stubborn and refusing to understand or this concept is simply beyond you. Even in a sport jiu jitsu competition you score no points for just sitting in mount. You must do something. You're only "controlling" the fight if your opponent doesn't want to be where you put him. In this situation, he tried twice to improve position, but was happy to just sit there cuddling you for two minutes. This is the equivalent of someone getting the muay thai plumb and throwing no knees and saying "why didn't they see how dominant my clinch was?"

It's only dominance if you DO SOMETHING.

you tried subs and failed so the other guy got points for that.

i didnt think you lost points for that irl, i always thought trying subs and failing > doing nothing. idk though now im confused

i didnt think you lost points for that irl, i always thought trying subs and failing > doing nothing. idk though now im confused

You shouldn't lose points for trying submissions and failing, after all, you're trying to end the fight while the defender is trying to survive.

"Even in a sport jiu jitsu competition you score no points for just sitting in mount. " Well this is MMA, not jj, and you do get points for that in normal mma, octagon control/ground control anyone?

So let's throw the unified rules of Mixed Martial Arts out the window.

Regardless of whether this was a bad decision or not I think it's been proven in the past the fight engine gives WAY too much credit to defense.

Fighters have won without landing one single strike or takedown or even attempting a sub. ( I recall a thread about a passive fighter).

It seems a fighter can throw 90 punches and land 15 and the other fighter can win by doing nothing more than avoiding the majority of the punches thrown. In the real world a fighter that mounts no offense NEVER gets credit for it. I have a feeling if the Quarry/Starnes fight was ran through the Tycoon engine Starnes would have won the decision.

I believe that it says in several places that the judges are programmed quite intentionally not to be perfect. If you leave it that close, it's at your own risk. I am sure we all have had fights where the announcers said our guy won, but the judges call it the other way(I know I have.). It happens, judges are not intended to be perfect in their scoring and some score different aspects differently, just like in current MMA. Couture v Vera, Machida v Shogun, that clusterfuck in Maryland recently... Just let it go.

Personally, I like it that way. Enjoy the realism. Finish fights.

Well you said it Jersey. I was about to mention the Couture Vera fight and saw you had just done it. Great example.

First off In my opinion that means nothing the third round should have been 10-8 and your guy should have one. However, my question on this topic is: why the hell is your fighter in a dominant position for three minutes doing nothing? Fix your sliders instead of crying about the outcome of a fight you should have finished.

Yeah, wow...That is awful man, you def won that fight easily....

One of my favorite fighters recently lost a 5 round championship decision and I thought he won at least 3 of the 5 rounds, it was a lot closer than the fight you posted but man I thought for sure i won, and the fighters manager was also shocked..

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=95750

I landed 15 Takedowns, and was super agressive on the ground with strike after strike and subs after subs..I improved positions well(I should hae done it more but still) and he barley landed anything on the feet, and he spent the whole fight on his back while I was the aggressor.. I don't understand sometimes...

Yeah, wow...That is awful man, you def won that fight easily....

One of my favorite fighters recently lost a 5 round championship decision and I thought he won at least 3 of the 5 rounds, it was a lot closer than the fight you posted but man I thought for sure i won, and the fighters manager was also shocked..

http://mmatycoon.com/fightcommentary.php?FTID=95750

I landed 15 Takedowns, and was super agressive on the ground with strike after strike and subs after subs..I improved positions well(I should hae done it more but still) and he barley landed anything on the feet, and he spent the whole fight on his back while I was the aggressor.. I don't understand sometimes...

which is exactly what im saying.lets just accept the concept of 'bad decisions' occuring in-game rather than what people are trying to do by contradicting each other.for my fight they said ohh he got top position but wasnt doing shit but he got points for controlling.for this fight its the opposite.stop speculating and call it a bad decision.too many people feel they know, when they have no idea

I have to say, the first round should have gone your guy's way. But if your fighter is as whiney and emotional as you are, then I suspect he lost the decision out of principle.

In all seriousness, the only explanation I can see is that the system score a lot of points for landing combos.