Anderson Silva vs Forrest Griffin

So, I just read an article last week that says Dana White has signed Forest Griffin and Anderson Silva to a contract to fight in UFC 101 as the co-main event. So, essentially what I want to know is what do you guys think?

1) Will it be a good fight?

2) How Will Silva handle moving up a weight class?

3) How do you think the fight will end?

4) Will Silva stay in the light heavy division and push towards uniting the belts?

5) Anything else you want to mention???

So, I just read an article last week that says Dana White has signed Forest Griffin and Anderson Silva to a contract to fight in UFC 101 as the co-main event. So, essentially what I want to know is what do you guys think?

4) Will Silva stay in the light heavy division and push towards uniting the belts?

1.Yes. It will be a good fight.

2.I think it will be just fine for him

3.Hard to say. But I'm rooting for Forrest.

4.Depends. If Machida wins against Evans, he won't go for the belt.

5. Finally, a challenge for "The Spider"!

I think Forrest may have the size, strength, plodding style and ability to stick to a gameplan to potentially pull off the upset. I don't think he will win, but I think it's a reasonable fight and challenge for Anderson.

1) Sure, Silva will have to fight, or he'll get LnP for 3 rounds

2) With no problem, the main probably will be that Forrest will be much bigger than him, but for he that's no problem IMO

3) Silva tko in the third

4) Depends how much money he'll earn in LHW fights, if was not enough, he'll continue to reign supreme in MW

5) Hope Lyoto wins and Silva move down to face Wanderlei, Maia and Marquardt again!

good fight. i dont think Forrest will be much bigger. size, height and reach should be about the same, Forrest will be a bit thicker but that is it. i thinks its safe to say that Silva will weigh +/- 215 come fighttime.

Forrests not stupid though, everybody expects an incredible exciting fight but Forrest will see how his gameplan works in the first round, i say it wont work and hell get frustrated and more sloppy in the second and third and Silva will knock him out :).

I think Forrest will be significantly larger or Anderson will be fat. He looked soft I thought at 205 last time. Forrest reportedly cuts from upwards of 240 and may be as large as 230+ come fight time. Will it help or not? We'll see.

I think Forrest will be significantly larger or Anderson will be fat. He looked soft I thought at 205 last time. Forrest reportedly cuts from upwards of 240 and may be as large as 230+ come fight time. Will it help or not? We'll see.
couple days ago i watched an interview where he said come fighttime he weighs about 220 and that from having seen Silva live he knows he wont be much bigger.

he may walk around at 240 at the beginning of a training-camp, but weighing that much very close to a fight is impossible, unless you get rid of 5 litres of blood :P.

240 is highly improbable, I agree. But 230 for a HW is very much within the realm of feasible.

I've personally seen a 170 lber (in a low level show) weigh 191 lbs hours prior to his fight. That's 21 lbs at 170. Given an additional 45 lbs of weight limit, I've sure it's possible to add another 5-10 lbs of potential water weight loss.

Forrest normal weight is 225 lbs, I remember to watch one interview where he said that

Also he said that in fight he came around 215~220

Anderson will come at max 210 IMO

And Anderson is an skinny guy, Forrest is large!

But at the end of the day, it wont matter, GO SPIDER!

Supposedly Forrest is expected to be at 225 come fight time, and Anderson will be at about 215--so I really don't think size is going to be a significant factor.

Should be a decent challenge for Anderson. We've seen what happens when Forrest gets hit clean though...he crumbles. Facing a striker as accurate as Anderson; well I think the KO is inevitable. Forrest does have that X-factor, where he just seems to up his game against top opponents, so I certainly won't count Griffin out.

1.It will be Awsome

2.He will do just fine he used to fight at 205

3.Silva via TKO round 1 3:48

4.If Machida wins no When Rashad wins yes

5.I would like Rampage vs Silva

sorry this was late

This should be a pretty good fight. I don't think Forrest will be the guy to stop Silva but you know he'll at least make it entertaining. Forrest is always ready to bang and I think he'll put up a decent challenge.

It has been said SOOOO many times over that Griffin has no KO power at all. His legs kicks against Rampage were effective because just like chuck liddell, rampage has admitted to liking to keep his feet planted in hopes of landing that power punch.

Griffin is aggressive, A.Silva is trained on a reaction-response type method in which I read in a recent article. Leites didnt react much, therefor there was no response. Griffin will come in and fight, and get destroyed.

I see it happening a lot like the rich franklin or leben. Everyone has a shot, but A.Silva is probally looking to impress now with the record for consecutive wins and even the title not being on the line.

1.It will be Awsome

2.He will do just fine he used to fight at 205

3.Silva via TKO round 1 3:48

4.If Machida wins no When Rashad wins yes

5.I would like Rampage vs Silva

sorry this was late

So 3:48 in the first?

thats an amazing prediction!

if you're right i'm taking you to vegas and suckin on your meat lol

gonna be a good fight either way -- and yes silva's best test most likely ---- hopefully silva will lose though -- he has disappointed me the last couple of fights

i wish dana would go ahead and let jones jr fawk silva up --- yes i said it --- in a boxing ring jones jr will fawk silva up --- in a mma ring jones jr would get killed.

all the b/s around those two is getting old --- if silva could box and hang with the big boys dont you think he would be making millions of dollars a fight in the boxing ring over couple hundred thousand a fight in mma? end of story

K guy i no want a BJ but u can give me 10% of the money make that 30% i hope Nitrus gets the BJ

Thnak you man, but I really don't want it coming from a man :P

Seems like you don't want it too..

Maybe Forrest after he losses badly to Silva?

You know, just to make him a bit better :D

1) I hope that it will be a good fight, i'm pretty sure it will.

2) Silva won't have problem going to LHW, he already did it and he looked good.

3) I can see Forest getting knocked out on the feet or Silva winning the decision.

4) If Lyoto lose, Silva might give it a shot, I would like to at least, way more interesting than staying at MW.

5) Captinbs is probably gay

Thnak you man, but I really don't want it coming from a man :P

Seems like you don't want it too..

Maybe Forrest after he losses badly to Silva?

You know, just to make him a bit better :D

Silva Will kill him but Forrest has more girls then any of us not Mike Tycoon