Styles / Skills / Physicals relationship, plz look!

:notworthy: Thank you for looking! :notworthy:

I know this question isn't going to have a concrete answer, but I'm hoping some veterans can provide some insight.

Let's say you were going to create a new fighter whose sole purpose was takedown defense, nothing else.

You would go 110 in wrestling, 110 in takedown defense and 110 in balance. Your guy would be good at takedown defense.

But which of the three things is most important, is it the styles's value, the skill value or the takedown value?

Saying "they are all important" isn't a legitimate answer, because certainly 1 is more important than the other, one of them carries more weight.

Now lets say you make that fighter with the three 110s, nothing anywhere else, and then you realize you have to be able to box, but boxing is at 1, boxing technique/punching is at 1 and agility is at 1.

What is the most important value to raise first, would you solely do small classes with an elite trainer, working boxing technique? would you only spar boxing? or would you only circuit train/yoga?

In a round about way, what I want to know is which is the most important thing to being successful when building your fighter. If physicals are the most important, I can save a ton of time and just circuit train/yoga all the time, and have an athletic monster. If having high values in overall styles is the most important thing to raise, i would only need to spar appropriately and not waste time with elite trainers, working on an isolated aspect.

Or do you think the importance of a stat to this formula is related to the speed at which it could be raised? If sparring raises styles more slowly than elite training raises skills, then maybe styles are the most valuable.

Sorry about the long post, I'm just confused :9

:knifehead: :knifehead:

I know this question isn't going to have a concrete answer, but I'm hoping some veterans can provide some insight.

Let's say you were going to create a new fighter whose sole purpose was takedown defense, nothing else.

You would go 110 in wrestling, 110 in takedown defense and 110 in balance. Your guy would be good at takedown defense.

But which of the three things is most important, is it the styles's value, the skill value or the takedown value?

Saying "they are all important" isn't a legitimate answer, because certainly 1 is more important than the other, one of them carries more weight.

Now lets say you make that fighter with the three 110s, nothing anywhere else, and then you realize you have to be able to box, but boxing is at 1, boxing technique/punching is at 1 and agility is at 1.

What is the most important value to raise first, would you solely do small classes with an elite trainer, working boxing technique? would you only spar boxing? or would you only circuit train/yoga?

In a round about way, what I want to know is which is the most important thing to being successful when building your fighter. If physicals are the most important, I can save a ton of time and just circuit train/yoga all the time, and have an athletic monster. If having high values in overall styles is the most important thing to raise, i would only need to spar appropriately and not waste time with elite trainers, working on an isolated aspect.

Or do you think the importance of a stat to this formula is related to the speed at which it could be raised? If sparring raises styles more slowly than elite training raises skills, then maybe styles are the most valuable.

Sorry about the long post, I'm just confused :9

:knifehead: :knifehead:

You are going to have a hard time getting responses if you don't want the correct answer! :P

The fact is only one person knows which, if any, is MOST important, and he isn't telling.

The thing is, once you get one of those aspects to a certain level, it's much easier to train the others then to try and get Sensational physicals for example. If you start at zero everything, you could train physicals first, then when you are at a level you feel adequate start sparring, then train up your secondary skills. But the bottom line is that you need to have them all to be successful.

Strong/Strong/Strong will beat Useless/Useless/Elite.

These are not facts, just how I view the information I've learned from the forums and from experience. But the question is which one is the dominant, some managers think style, others preach in the name of physicals and the third group thinks that skills are the main thing. Personally, if I had to pick one, I would probably choose styles. But I don't think that the difference is big.

Mike has said in the past that primary and secondary skills are equally important. He didn't say anything about physicals, but I'd imagine in your example balance would most likely be the least important since other physical attributes would also play a role in takedown defense.

Red: They would all be important. If you had wonderful wrestling and takedown defense, but a balance that sucked so much that you barely could stand straight up, you'd probably still get taken down regularly. Swap balance for either of the other stats for the rest of the answers on this one.

Yellow: I'd do boxing sparring with circuits in between. Why? Because boxing also helps your striking defense, agility helps both punching and striking d, and circuits raises other physicals as well. I'd probably do punches last, seeing as you can knock people out with rather low punch skill, but not getting knocked out yourself is invaluable.

Blue: If you do too much of either and neglect the rest of them, you're gonna fail anyways. I believe, though, that physicals and secondaries are worth more work than primaries. I only make my guys do the odd sparring session. Someone else may think differently.

Green: Hardly. That's just realistic. Think about RL; going from, say, blue belt to purple belt may take longer than getting better at defensive grappling and such, but you won't really get one without the other. In real life, secondaries come first, and this game tries to be as realistic as possible.

TL;DR-version: Train all three. My take is that secondaries and physicals>styles. Feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong.

Red: They would all be important. If you had wonderful wrestling and takedown defense, but a balance that sucked so much that you barely could stand straight up, you'd probably still get taken down regularly. Swap balance for either of the other stats for the rest of the answers on this one.

Yellow: I'd do boxing sparring with circuits in between. Why? Because boxing also helps your striking defense, agility helps both punching and striking d, and circuits raises other physicals as well. I'd probably do punches last, seeing as you can knock people out with rather low punch skill, but not getting knocked out yourself is invaluable.

Blue: If you do too much of either and neglect the rest of them, you're gonna fail anyways. I believe, though, that physicals and secondaries are worth more work than primaries. I only make my guys do the odd sparring session. Someone else may think differently.

Green: Hardly. That's just realistic. Think about RL; going from, say, blue belt to purple belt may take longer than getting better at defensive grappling and such, but you won't really get one without the other. In real life, secondaries come first, and this game tries to be as realistic as possible.

TL;DR-version: Train all three. My take is that secondaries and physicals>styles. Feel free to shoot me down if I'm wrong.

What a great reply!

Only thing I can add, is that it's been said, by Mike I believe, that primaries and secondaries are of equal value when determining overall skill level.

I cant quote that, but did see it somewhere.

What a great reply!

Only thing I can add, is that it's been said, by Mike I believe, that primaries and secondaries are of equal value when determining overall skill level.

I cant quote that, but did see it somewhere.

I appreciate all the replies as they are providing me with a lot of great insight I may not have had previously.

If Mike claims that primaries and secondaries are of equal value when determining skill, that's a huge thing to know. Maybe I'll scour all of his posts to try and find it.

Thanks!

I appreciate all the replies as they are providing me with a lot of great insight I may not have had previously.

If Mike claims that primaries and secondaries are of equal value when determining skill, that's a huge thing to know. Maybe I'll scour all of his posts to try and find it.

Thanks!

Scouring all of Mike's posts is about the best way to find out how things work.

He plays his cards close to his chest, does our leader, but you can always glean some info from him.

Scouring all of Mike's posts is about the best way to find out how things work.

He plays his cards close to his chest, does our leader, but you can always glean some info from him.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/forums/index.php?...ost&p=56125

This is where he claims it is 50:50, however since that was months ago, who knows if he has changed it or whatever.

One thing I read while going through his posts, is that the system is not built to counter a punch with the clinch, or to counter a kick with a takedown. I've seen that implied over the last couple days, so it's good to see some clarification. He did say, however, that it's obviously much easier to counter with a single punch, than to counter with a combination or a kick, especially head kick.

My manager record is 60 and 10 and most of my losses came from when I first started. My main theory is to start with building up your physicals. When making your guy put 1 in str and 10 in cond leaving you with the max possible for the other non-assisted physicals. get cond up to at least exceptional (120+) using circuit training to help raise other physicals then get str up to at least exceptional. Once their I pick what I want to train non-physical. once cardio or str get to superb++ (just below 100) I focus on my physicals again to get them back up. It's works very well for me so my opinion is that physicals are most important.

Company1249 NRG Max qual.

It ain't cauliflower ear, you heard me correctly!

I want to build a loyal customer base of sponsored fighters (we want to sponsor you forever!!) I will always strive to develop the best quality product possible, and reinvest all profits in sponsorships. I am willing to work with other companies as cross promotion as well!

For fighters, by fighters!

Don't forget to msg me when you've purchased or if you have questions!

Tell your gym, tell your org, tell your friends!

Jimmy Snuka!