World Dominance 2013 RND 2 (SAT) Preview!

World Dominance 2013 RND 2 (SAT) Preview!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1368160478s09owGC.jpg

Wolf Palace Rio returns once again to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil for Round 2 of our World Dominance Tournament 2013! We are just days away from the competition & ironically, all 6 teams have been eerily quiet. Round 1 proved to be tough but, it’s only going to get more challenging from here so I’m guessing most of the trash talking has been put to the backburner for now. The 1st round saw Team USA, Team Poland, & Team Finland pull ahead in rankings. There is a lot on the line for these men & their futures are at stake here!

Team USA vs. Team UK

This week, Team USA takes on Team UK in what is sure to garner serious interest from the fans! The USA & the UK have a long history. First we begin with a much anticipated matchup! Bob Parker was dominant in his win against Kevin Stevens & did a great job controlling the fight on the ground until an opening allowed him to finish with strikes! He will certainly look to employ a similar strategy against his next opponent, Warren Saddler. Saddler showed an array of different striking techniques with his hands & feet. Unfortunately, he came up short against Adam Miauczynski in what was a very back & forth battle. He will need to use his speed & movement to avoid the takedowns of Bob if he wants to have any chance of winning.

Next up, Renex “The Snake” Garcia takes on David “The Brentmeister General” Brent. When the brackets were presented, David Brent seemed a bit concerned but he believes tremendously in himself & will give Renex a fight! Both of these men were victorious in their last outing! They’re both grapplers but it is Renex who possesses the stronger ground game. Renex is one of the fan favorites & will certainly look to grab a hold of an arm or neck the second David presents him the opportunity! Brent looked solid in his fight against Patrycy, outpointing his opponent at his own game. Although he had trouble finishing, he did enough to take the decision & the win for Team UK. David is a gritty, strong fighter who will look to GnP when he finds his openings! Will he look to take the fight to the ground where Renex is feared or will he show us a few new tricks?

Chris Funkyama & Errol Jitani is an interesting bout. Chris Funkyama is a showman & a brawler who presents many interesting challenges to his foe. Chris is a very good wrestler with 1 strike KO power. His last opponent, Piotr Bukowski had to be very careful exchanging with him at range. Chris’s toughness was also on display as he took numerous shots to the dome & continued to press on. Piotr later noted how difficult it was to put Chris on his ass! Errol Jitani showed patience & focus in his last outing against Trent Punchy. On paper, Trent was supposed to be the better wrestler but Jitani made Trent look like he hadn’t wrestled a day in his life, stuffing an incredible 43 takedowns! Errol is a very focused individual & also a dark horse competitor. Errol recently had this to say about Chris Funkyama: “Chris is a tough guy…he’s a funny guy. We will put on show for de fans. He will make funny jokes, I will punch his face. The fans will like.”

A matchup many are looking forward to is Jimmy Smith vs. Danny Hastings! I mean, how can you not get excited about a Danny Hastings fight?? Since his devastating loss to Bogdan Petrycki, Danny has since changed camps & relocated to Rio De Janeiro, an ideal location where he will be close to tournament HQ. Another change he’s made is he’s been surprisingly quiet; perhaps he’s taking his next fight seriously. His opponent, the American, Jimmy Smith has been training diligently himself in New York preparing himself for the brutish boxer. In fact, Jimmy personally called Danny out because he wanted to get a piece of the Scottish fighter. Of course, everyone loves to shut up the Rowdy one. Since his loss, Danny I’m sure has been working like mad on his wrestling so he can finally get that knockout he’s been looking for. He’s extremely confident in his standup & wants to put it on display on Jimmy’s face. Jimmy can’t wait to put the final nail on the coffin & put to rest all the hype. Keep a close eye on this one folks!

The final matchup between UK & USA pits Mighty Mushroom versus Tyrone Garland! Both these men have something to prove Saturday night. They are both coming off losses but hungry to show what they’re made of. In his last fight, Tyrone was completely dominated by beloved fan favorite, Brian Fantana. He believes people have yet to see what he can do & that Mighty Mushroom may be a perfect opponent for him to display his skills against! Mighty Mushroom on the other hand was very dominant in his fight with Chris Evansen until he slipped up in the 2nd round & allowed Chris to take control where he was forced to submit by guillotine choke! Mighty Mushroom is disgusted by that fight & wants to erase that memory. I promise you he’s going to bring the fight to Tyrone & try to make a statement! Should be interesting to see what these guys can do. One win can change everything.

Team Finland vs. Team Australia

Now we move onto our next batch of matchups between Team Finland & Team Australia! First up on the list is an incredible fight between Jari Litmanen & Brian Fantana! Brian is one of our more charismatic fighters in the tournament &is not afraid to admit he’s a ladies man that appreciates long walks on the beach, oily massages by beautiful women & staring at himself in the mirror for hours. In his last fight, he took on Tyrone Garland & dominated from bell to bell. He explained that the reason he did not finish is because he wanted to put a beating on Tyrone & that he never “finishes” quick. He doesn’t believe the world is ready for a fighter like him & the women aren’t ready for a “Sex Panther” of his caliber. Jari is a Muay Thai fighter from Finland who won his last fight by outpointing Peter North to a decision! He possesses lethal kicks from years of kicking palm trees which he put on display against North. Look for Jari to use his legs again to wear out the legs of Brian & weaken his takedown ability. Both are talented fighters. We’ll see if either man can take control here as they are both aggressive fighters.

Next, Aslak Aas vs. Kevin Stevens go to battle. I love matchups like these, where two evenly match strikers go at it. This should be fireworks! Aslak won his 1st round fight against Lan Strip where he utilized his infamous clinch to slice up stop his opponent with strikes. Probably one of the more impressive wins we’ve seen in the competition so far. As we’d mentioned before, Kevin suffered an earlier defeat to Bob Parker where he was controlled and beaten on the ground. This time, he’ll get the chance to fight against an opponent who like him, enjoys a nice scrap on the feet! He says this is the perfect matchup for him stylistically & to not sleep on him. This should be exciting folks. These 2 may not have name recognition but their skills more than do the talking. I’m interested in seeing what else these men can do & how they will handle the pressure.

Fans will be in for a real treat when Chris Otrowski & Jimmy Carruthers go at it Saturday night! It took Chris only 34 seconds to destroy Mark Hill. He absolutely starched Hill with his aggressiveness, something I’m sure no one expected. Since then Mark hasn’t been the same. We’ve not heard from neither Mark nor his manager in weeks. I hope everything’s alright. Anyhow he’ll hopefully be able to show us a little more when he faces Jimmy Carruthers who lost a UD to Jimmy Smith. Carruthers was upset about that defeat & felt that all he needed was 2 more rounds to turn the fight in his favor. I’m sorry but 3 rounds is all you get. He will however, get another chance to change things when he fights Chris. Stylistically, they match up well. Let’s see if Chris comes out aggressively like he did his last fight or if he takes the more patient road. Knowing him, he’ll just go for it & see what happens. I’m curious to see how Jimmy handles the pressure & if he’s as good as he says…

Here’s a great fight: Velli Kulho vs. Trent Punchy. Velli displayed great striking prowess in his fight against Brandon Gallagher where they both exchanged punches & kicks for 3 rounds. Velli is as tough as they come. He can give it as well as take it, something he’ll need against Punchy. Punchy is one of the more loveable fighters. Even though we can barely understand the guy, he always puts on entertaining fights. The man has heart as evident in his fight against Errol Jitani where he was tenacious with his takedown attempts & never gave up. He’s the type of guy that will frustrate the hell out of you because you can’t put him away! Velli loves this type of fight however so we’re in for a treat. Will Trent Punchy win over the fans with a win Saturday night or will Velli use his aggressive, in your face style to put the awkward, coconut head fighter away? Should be an interesting back & forth fight!

Finally, on the card we feature a battle between Markku IIkka Naalinkieli (Markku for short) & Michael Jones! Markku took on hghly touted Django Foxx during the 1st round of the tournament where he utilized a vice-like clinch game to brutalize his opponent. Django mentioned how strong Markku was in the clinch & how difficult it was to escape. “Don’t underestimate the guy. He’s a small man but, size doesn’t matter when you’re in there with him. He’s strong!” pointed out Fox. Michael Jones shares the same love of the clinch as does Markku however Michael’s goal is to mix it in with his wrestling. Michael was defeated by Renex Garcia in his last fight which was controversial. He claims the bell rang before the tap & that the fight should have gone on but the ref made his decision. He’s looking at this fight as his chance at redemption. “I’m going to take my anger out on Markku! If he tries to clinch with me, I’m going to slam him on his ass & make him pay.” Exclaimed, Jones. Strong words from the American fighter.

Round 2 of the WORLD DOMINANCE Tournament is just days away! The competitors are going through their final phase of preparation. Weigh-ins are just 2 days from now & then they go to war. So far this event has been nothing less than incredible! This is the first of its kind & boy I’m excited to see these young men improve every time they step foot inside the cage. It’s a life changing event! Let’s not forget what’s on the line:

• Winning Team splits the prize money of $510,000 between each member
  • Top Manager of the winning team receives 3 months VIP.
  • Best SUB/KO/Fight of the tournament gets $25k each.
  • The winning overall fighter regardless of team will get $30k
  • Grudge Match Price (winning 3 teams get $25k)

So as you can see there is a lot on the line. I can’t wait for the 2nd round! We’ve already seen what these men can do. THIS is where things get exciting. Favorites have been picked, sides have been chosen, it all goes down THIS Saturday night at Wolf Palace Rio in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil!!

Written by Purpose

• Upvote 3

Wow, faaaackin good write up... Hastings is ready for blood! FREEEEEDOMMMMMM!

Got carried away... pretty stoked after that preview lol

Wow, faaaackin good write up... Hastings is ready for blood! FREEEEEDOMMMMMM!

Got carried away... pretty stoked after that preview lol

Jimmy Smith: "Hastings shouldn't get too excited. He definitely shouldn't be counting me out."