Ethics

1. moral principles that govern a person's behaviour or the conducting of an activity.
2. the branch of knowledge that deals with moral principles.

So I see a lot of let's say questionable things going down, people with gym's that have nothing but 1 guy's fighters in with secondary "players" with accounts owning the gym's that have fighters that only fight as can's in the first party's org doing "jobs" that are at best... unlikely to be actual secondary players at all. In contrast to this, I see many gym's owned by clearly newer players earning money for holding gym's for veterans that may or may not also house some of the secondary players fighters and that in of itself is obviously fine and accepted by the community.

I'm here to talk about the middle ground, the truth of the situation is that I want to take ownership of Aspire MMA from JB who had to take a step back from the game due to a new baby in his life, so far he's been gracious enough to hold the org while I continue to sit on my universally panned-as-ridiculous 5x elite gym I burn money on every week housing my army of 16 year old projects and cast-away second chancer FA's I managed to pick up before I melted my top 100 ranking I got via my standard issue QFC spammed "welcome to the game buddy have a standard issue MT/clinch 25 year old build and go get me as many spin to win credits as possible" mentorship had gotten me.

I digress, so I'll just lay out what I want to happen. I want a new player who loves the game and for whatever reason cannot pay for VIP to step forward so I can have them hold a new gym (one created to not sink 150k a week for no reason preferably) so I can take ownership of Aspire MMA, however a month of searching for this person has come to absolutely nothing, so while talking this over on discord with my friend who honestly could not care less but out of the goodness of his heart listened anyway I came up with a solution, one I was not entirely comfortable with and as such you my friends got to read 3 paragraphs of me rambling before I got to my point so here it is...

My friend who I raid with in world of warcraft (Yes I'm one of them nerds who like's to kill dragons and pixies on the weekend, I'm fairly decent EU Kazzak btw, Rogue, top 1200 guild progressing spellblade mythic at the moment for anyone who cares! *krosus down without vantus runes on our third kill... good times) anyway this guy does not care less about MMA and has no desire to play this game but he is willing to make an account, never train a fighter on it and allow me to VIP it so he can hold a gym for me, but I do not want people clicking my profile and seeing this and saying to themselves Adam Holland is a scum bag, so here I'm asking the community, is this is an acceptable thing if I'm up front as possible about it? how do you feel about it guy's because honestly if it's going to be an issue I do not want to touch it with a barge poll.

I would never once need or require or ask for access to the account, it would never fight for my or anyone else's org or even QFC, it would just sit there admittedly abusing the dynamic of the game to give me what is essentially an additional company slot, I want that to be clear that I understand that's in theory against what is intended, it's just that I see people going around this without been straight up as fairly common place and I just wanted to check in with you all on how you felt about this kind of thing?

Please do not negative rep me into the dark ages, I absolutely will not go ahead with this without the consensus blessing of the community, I half hope posting this might bring someone out of the wood work who's a real person I can make an actual honest to god deal with to make this thing happen or maybe we can open a dialog with the game development about a potential community desire for additional company slots as a feature.

TL;DR Is it ok to do a questionable thing if everyone in the room is ok with it and you technically include a second actual real person?
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

Fair play for being up front and seeking opinions on it before doing it.

Something I would ask really is with JB stepping away from the game and such, would you consider buying VIP for him to hold your gym?

This also leads into an improvement someone posted before about paying VIP to hold another company, possibly as an annual fee much like VIP days where you have say VIP Extra days which would be related to certain "extra" features such as the additional company.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

It's a real second person, it's more money for Mike and the game, I say go for it.

I agree completely. That and thank you for being upfront about it, you are right someone would have thought something fishy was going on.

You might tell whoever it is that they will have to log in from time to time to keep the account from going inactive. I got a message about one of our alliance guys going inactive the other day and his gym was put up for sale. Not sure how long it takes but could be an issue.

• Upvote 3

I will applaud you for being up front when you probably could sneak it in. But that's about it.

This is just another case of someone going above and beyond to pay money for extra perks.

Why don't I just make a post like this, then get a friend to make an account so I can run multiple businesses too? It's cheap and it's selfish.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

I will applaud you for being up front when you probably could sneak it in. But that's about it.

This is just another case of someone going above and beyond to pay money for extra perks.

Why don't I just make a post like this, then get a friend to make an account so I can run multiple businesses too? It's cheap and it's selfish.

Nothing to stop you doing the exact same thing, it's all within the rules. I fail to see how it's 'cheap and selfish'.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Some days ago i wondered the same. What is the difference if i make someone inactive reg and open 2nd business slot or make myself a 2nd inactive account just for slot? Everything is exactly the same but those are treated differently. Why? Some people gain unfair advantage just because there arent any rules. And paying more money for VIP makes you immune to punishment.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

It does give you an advantage that other people don't have, namely you can run a private gym (essential if you care about having lots of top fighters) and also run an org (= money printing machine).

However, after three years of playing, now I have a jet and chunky fighter contracts, I've got to the stage where I have more money than I can use, so running an org for just that reason isn't much of an advantage. Active org owners who do a good job are more valuable to the wider community.

I have no problem with it. Knock yourself out, as they say. (ie go for it.)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

In a follow up to this thread I just wanted to let you all know I made the decision to go ahead with this, my friend Mikkjel signed up today, I paid for his VIP and we went ahead and created a place holder gym so I could come here and post the update and see how the waters stand. Included dank screenshots of the gym and me on discord with said friend for what it's worth :)

http://image.prntscr.com/image/61f67ec5f7da4490b80272f343c460e2.png
The new's article was posted by me, I have full access to the gym via the staff invite only. And that's me Isotopes (EU Kazzak btw, if anyone plays warcraft)

Mikkjel's account is here - http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=117385

He will never create a fighter or participate in any way at all beyond holding that gym. I understand some people will hate this but the general consensus was to go ahead and try the waters so that's what I'm doing. If for some reason I happen to anger the gods and get myself banned by this action it's been an honest pleasure to meet you all and I sincerely hope that is not the outcome as I do love this community, this was just something I felt I needed to do in lack of another person who actually wants to play the game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

In a follow up to this thread I just wanted to let you all know I made the decision to go ahead with this, my friend Mikkjel signed up today, I paid for his VIP and we went ahead and created a place holder gym so I could come here and post the update and see how the waters stand. Included dank screenshots of the gym and me on discord with said friend for what it's worth :)

http://image.prntscr.com/image/61f67ec5f7da4490b80272f343c460e2.png

The new's article was posted by me, I have full access to the gym via the staff invite only. And that's me Isotopes (EU Kazzak btw, if anyone plays warcraft)

Mikkjel's account is here - http://www.mmatycoon.com/managerprofilemanager.php?MgrID=117385

He will never create a fighter or participate in any way at all beyond holding that gym. I understand some people will hate this but the general consensus was to go ahead and try the waters so that's what I'm doing. If for some reason I happen to anger the gods and get myself banned by this action it's been an honest pleasure to meet you all and I sincerely hope that is not the outcome as I do love this community, this was just something I felt I needed to do in lack of another person who actually wants to play the game.

cant hate the hustle, now if only i had friends... :(

• Upvote 2

With quite a few orgs closing down lately and not too many wanting to start (as money is pretty easy to get hold of nowadays) I wonder what people or Mike would think about having an extra paid slot to be able to be able to run an org instead of having to find loopholes or worrying about breaking rules etc. I think there would be quite a few people willing to open an org and run it for the people without worrying about making huge profits but I know there is always a risk that a few could try and abuse it maybe?

• Upvote 4

well we all know its not normal if you get a ''friend'' who doesnt play but just have account to hold a gym for you.

i don't see any problem if the friend is not making fighters or picking up free agents, it's more VIP money for Mike.

if anyone wants to pay more money for the privilege of having more companies (not fighters) then fair enough i reckon, good luck to them!

• Upvote 2

i don't see any problem if the friend is not making fighters or picking up free agents, it's more VIP money for Mike.

if anyone wants to pay more money for the privilege of having more companies (not fighters) then fair enough i reckon, good luck to them!

You dont see any problem with that? What is the difference between having a multi account that holds your gym and a ''friend'' account who doesnt plays but just holds your gym?

What happens when guys like Mentor or Steel Penn get 10 of their ''friends'' to play and gold gyms orgs and other shit for them? As far as you say it would be nothing bad more money for Mike.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

With quite a few orgs closing down lately and not too many wanting to start (as money is pretty easy to get hold of nowadays) I wonder what people or Mike would think about having an extra paid slot to be able to be able to run an org instead of having to find loopholes or worrying about breaking rules etc. I think there would be quite a few people willing to open an org and run it for the people without worrying about making huge profits but I know there is always a risk that a few could try and abuse it maybe?

I think it would be nice to able to run a second company, but I have no interest in running an ORG. They are to much drama. But if the prices were reasonable I would run a second gym and make it public. Yes it is only one gym but would help that city. If it charged us something like 1.25 days VIP to run a second one, instead of 1 day to run 1 I would probably do that. Or if I remember right it says that you get extra days if you don't have a company, so if I am right that might be easier to calculate for him. But if it is started we should be able to run any second company we want, not just an ORG for the second one.

• Upvote 2