TWW News edition 13

ArtieBanks

http://i.imgur.com/BawKd7t.png

I know it has been a while since I done this so I’ll skip the long introduction and get straight to it.

Jon Hess decimates Dustin Douglas

I had written something about this fight but my laptop overheated and needless to say it failed to save prior to it happening. In it I had written about three major factors which made the fight interesting which were Tosen’s unpredictable sliders, both fighters’ soul destroying hiddens and the pressure of such a highly publicised fight.

In the end I think I was right with all three of them. Tosen went full on body gas aggro damage and it worked a treat. It was hard to see what Soyster put down for sliders because Hess killed him inside the first minute and the rest of the fight was Hess taking Douglas’s soul. Now I know some people will be a bit bitter about the body gassing tactics; it’s the heavyweight division you live or die on body gassing. Soyster has openly admitted using the same sliders as has nearly every single manager in the game at one point at heavyweight. Tosen is a nightmare to scout for you might only see these sliders once or twice. It is what made this fight very hard to pick.

The hiddens were also a big thing, Hess has a chin like Douglas and hits as hard as Douglas. It was always going to be a risky fight for Soyster with a lot to lose and really not very much to gain. Soyster took the fight like the stand-up man he is but needless to say the pressure was on his shoulders. As I said previously I have not seen what Soyster put down for his sliders but I suspect he put a fair bit of time into thinking about them. Evidently though, luck was not on his side.

In the aftermath of this fight it appears Soyster is now leaving the game. I doubt it is a kneejerk reaction to losing the fight and more just to do with the fact they are nothing left for him really to accomplish. Good luck and farewell to you Soyster, I hope you and your family have a great time. Game wise we now have a new face of the heavyweight division in Jon Hess who will be looking to take on his opponents in Dominance which has now dropped its ID restriction.

Of The Year Awards – Most wide open race to date

I was talking to Tosen the other day about the fighter of the year awards after he had just defeated Douglas and retired him. Looking down the list of fighters I would say this is the most open it has been in a long time. Right now I’d value Vanilla Ice as the man who holds a slender lead over the competition but they are plenty of time for that to change. Fighters such as Renato and Styles from the LHW division could have a strong close to the year putting them in contention. Oompa could go on a tear and take it away from Ice as long as he avenges that loss. Jarkko and Doom Unit also have been quietly putting together quite a resume over the course of this year. With Douglas now leaving the race it has blown it into a wide open race. Jon Hess could put together a dominating run in the second half to blow away the competition also.

The manager of the year award is different; it is close in my opinion between two men right now. Mannetosen and Barnabas Sackett have put together quite a year so far. Sackett has been dominating in ID orgs and as his fighters are now starting to peak they will seek out the bigger names. Mannetosen on the other hand has put together a great year with a fair few of his fighters frequenting the top 3 in their respective divisions including putting on a recent exclamation mark by beating the #1 p4p fighter. I think personally this one will come down to who comes up clutch in November/December. I remember the year Gunmetal Grey had dominated with Deamus coming in second behind him in my book. November came and Gunmetal Grey shat the bed and became LeBrick losing to Deamus with Golden Glory his #1 p4p fighter and losing other key fights which sent him tumbling down the rankings. Deamus had a Kobe like closing and secured the manager of the year title for himself. I think this will be what happens again this year.

Org of the year/event of the year I personally think has been between two orgs Evo and Ascension. No other org has come close to matching these two. As far as event of the year goes I have to say that I haven’t really been excited for many. Not much publicity has gone into hyping events and it has shown in the lack of interest in events such as Evo 100 etc. If I was going give it to anyone I would give it to Dominance for their most recent event. They promo’d the shit out of it and I added a couple of fights to the spoiler list just because the PR got me interested in it.

As far as avatars go and skins I would look no further than Igorbyhenikov who has produced some fantastic work over the year. They have also been other designers now which is great for the game as it has lacked good designers for a while. Knockout, submission and fight of the year I’ll wait till closer to the time to decide which ones I like. I do think however that they are a fair few good ones already.

Hitchhikers guide to Tycoon volume two

Last time I went over the basics of building a fighter and it ramped up quite a good response so I’ll continue on with part two now with a split contribution between orgs and sliders. Now running your own fight org requires three important ingredients the first being networking. To run a successful org you must network with other managers in order to get to know them. Most managers are hesitant to sign a fighter to an org they know nothing about. Now the old best place to network with other managers was chat and the forums. Joining in discussions with other managers is the easiest way to get started. Chat isn’t as popular as it used to be but once upon a time it was where the who’s who of the best managers hung out same with the forums. Writing is also a good way to get your name out there and make some capital in the process which is the number two point. Most managers will read about their own fighter’s fights. They will also look at who wrote the article therefor getting your name out there.

Money is the next thing on the list to get started. Running an org requires a large sum of start-up capital which depends on the type of org you want to open. Personally I’d say about 1-2mil is required straight off to run a low level/ID Org. This seems like a lot but when you are trying to sign over 100 fighters not every manager is going to go just because they like you; money matters. All those 10k-50k signing bonuses add up and that is without you even booking an event. Events are where the money is made. Most orgs start off using the micro arenas and shit, don’t bother your arse go straight to the 2k-3k arenas which are known as the money arenas. Once you get into the swing of things and selling out those arenas at premium you might want to step it up to the 6.5k/7k arenas. These help your event ratings which also help you gain profit. Vince once told me if you are not earning at least 150k-200k in a low tier org then you are doing shit wrong. Always remember to watch fighter’s wages, 10k-10k contracts for lower tier guy’s start will hurt your org in the long run.

For a larger scale org say like TTFC, Aggro Damage etc you will need around about 8-9mil to get started. These orgs though come with the possibility of becoming a powerhouse such as Ascension and Evo where you make 2/3mil per event. These orgs you want to sign a couple of big names and that is where the networking comes into play. Calling in favours is a huge part of being an org owner and to make an org like this succeed you must call in those favours. It could be from your alliance or just friends you have made through the game. Mid-tier orgs can fall off just as easy as they can go up. It takes the right balance of money management, networking and luck for them to succeed. The third thing you need to do is not piss anyone off or cheat. If you do you will be pretty much an outcast and not many respectable managers will sign for you.

That is just the basics for the orgs but I want to now talk about sliders. I will write more about the orgs as time goes on such as PPV’s, ads manipulation and other shit. For me to explain the way I work with my sliders I need to break it down hugely so I am just going to go over some basic tips. The best bit of advice I can give really is do not see setting your sliders as a real life sort of thing. This game is nothing like real life it is just codes. The key is finding successful strats for your fighters based on what is working at the time. This is where scouting fighters comes into play whenever I was playing this game and putting a lot of time into it I could often scout 50-100 fights per week on my spoiler list. These were all top managers I was scouting to see what they were using which is quite easy to see based on their aggro and how well their strikes score or miss. This also gives you an insight to what beats what and how to counter strats such as the dreaded counter takedown.

Next thing is remember that every fighter is different, what works for one fighter may not work for another. This is due to the hiddens being different, the game being a bit random and also your opponent might be doing something different. Once again always scout your opponent’s previous fights and see if you can pick up a trend to how he fights certain fighters. Most fighter managers tend to stick to what they know works even the best ones. Also remember that other managers will be scouting your fighters and that is when it becomes a chess match. The best managers know what it takes to beat their usual strats and know how to beat that strat also.

Looking for weaknesses is obvious but most managers will just look at the last fight maybe the next previous one and their record. The tip is to look further back to see if they have been rocked in fights, to see what area they lacked in previously. The area they lacked in previously might still be a weakness that you can exploit. Looking at your opponents losses is as important as looking at their wins. If they lose and you can figure out the tactics they used then they are a chance they won’t use the same tactic again. Also checking to see if it was one of their more popular tactics which won them a bunch of fights previously or if it was improvised. All of these are key in deciding which sliders you want to set.

I’ll continue on with this in the next TWW but for now that will do, now on to the advertisements and other headlines.

Dominance has dropped its ID Restriction in order to attract higher calibre fighters to their org.

Oompa Loompa has bounced back with two successive victories, he now fights Olympic gold medallist Kauko Partio in a fight to decide the #1 FW in the game.

The Tycoon Karate Championships have been filled and the draw has taken place. It should be interesting to see if this is a successful tournament with highlight reel knock outs or a body gassing farce.

Build Bigs tournament final is now scheduled for the 24th of August. You can watch the carnage http://www.mmatycoon.com/orgupcomingeventpublic.php?EvID=814448 here.

A quick shout out to Aylib who has gotten to the #3 manager spot but more impressively has 3 fighters closing in on the top 10 p4p including the #1 p4p fighter. A good showing down the stretch might see him close the gap between him and the top two for manager of the year.

And that is it for TWW News. Next time I’ll hunt down Jon Hess/Mannetosen for an interview and also if you are looking for a bit of advertisement or feel something has been left out drop me a pm. Adios.

• Upvote 13
  • Downvote 1