Would ANYONE Consider This Person to be a Hip Hop Artist???

BigTree

We have already established that you believe recording yourself muttering ridiculous sentences over what sounds like a beat track from a casio keyboard, but is probably you playing a drum beat (because I hear the mistakes quite often) makes you a Hip Hop Artist....I am not asking you

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

That would be like me pissing on a canvas and saying I am an Abstract Impressionist

well art lies in the eye of the person who looks at it. So i think depending on who you find to look at it, he will see it as art.

dont wanna argue against or for anything, but art is a loose word. everything can be art, if you are convinced it is art.

• Upvote 2

It's Sunday afternoon and there is no football on, so I'm bored. I actually liked the first song a bit. But putting this up and calling yourself a hip hop artist, is a bit profound.

well you might be right there, but your defenition of an Hip Hop artist is just a different one. for you i think it is connected with Fame, Money and beeing successful. But for others it is a form of expression and everybody who uses the method is in a general defenition an HipHop Artist.

You both are in your own ways right and not right. Hard to argue over something like this.

• Upvote 2

It's Sunday afternoon and there is no football on, so I'm bored. I actually liked the first song a bit. But putting this up and calling yourself a hip hop artist, is a bit profound.

That's kind of true, but don't have to be so harsh, the man thinks he's making a good thing, only by trying he can achieve ;)

• Upvote 2

I guess anybody can proclaim themselves anything. Not trying to be harsh, just found it to be wee tad bit far fetched when using it in "guess the lie"

Yep you have a point. To use that as a truth at a game you have to be approved by a lot of people first, and then proclaim it. I mean it's not really that bad from what I herd, but it could be better, and must be just a bit better to get to that state when people cherish the music you play. Just after that you can really proclaim that your a artist, and most of all let the people proclaim that before you do it.

But that's like saying somebody who paints pictures isn't an artist just because their paintings aren't in an art museum.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

But that's like saying somebody who paints pictures isn't an artist just because their paintings aren't in an art museum.

No, its like someone spending a weekend drawing stick figures and then proclaiming themselves an artist

Look, if you had one iota of production value or half way passable or decent attempt to make a real recording, then I would say you're a hip hop artist. Just spewing out some words over a beat of music does not make you a hip hop artist

As much as it might displease some people yes he is, you have to look at what it means to be an artist.

2: A person who practises or performs any of the creative arts, such as a sculptor, film-maker, actor, or dancer.

-Oxford Dictionary

2a: one who professes and practices an imaginative art

-Merriam Webster

I'm not well rounded in this genre but it sounded hip-hopish to me. He's not a professional artist be any means, but a hobbyist is still someone who practices an art and is therefore considered an artist. On a side note with people like 2 Chainz and Tyga already famous he doesn't have that far to go, with that I do hate the rap/hip-hop genres of music.

• Upvote 4

The whole thing started based on him using this in the game "What's the lie?"...He stated he is a Hip Hop artist.

I agree that art is in the eye of the beholder, I was not out to bash his "skills" as an artist. Just the notion that someone could produce poorly made self recording and state that you are now a hip hop artist. Is everyone that calls into a radio show and is heard on the air now a broadcaster? Is anyone that stands behind a news person on the street smiling and pointing to the camera now a reporter? If I quote a scene from Goodfellas in my best Joe Pesci voice, am I an actor?

Its like me saying I am an artist and work in the style of emoticons because I do this - :dancing: :thumbup: :thumbup: :rolling: :rolling: :thumbup: :thumbup: :dancing:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

kenlow what does your shirt say in your profile pic?

I'm right 97% of the time. Who cares about the other 4%?

• Upvote 1