Vicious Fight League: Season 1

I created my new org today and it relates to first org I've ever worked for - Vicious Fights. Of course known for its signature European Premier League, I wanted to host tournament too...but on different rules.

So, for those who aren't familiar with EPL - it was 14 fighters league, with weekly fights. Round 1 was 13 weeks with each fighter fighting each other once, with 3pts for stoppage, 2pts for decision win and 1 point for a draw. Top 2 seeds advanced to semifinals, seeds 3 to 6 battled in play offs, looking to get that last 2 spots. It was entertaining, but changes made about injuries pretty much killed interest of people that were involved. From this place I wanted to thank again to everyone involved - those few seasons we did, were awesome.

Vicious Fight League has to be different, mostly because of what happened to EPL. That's why I came up with new set of rules and format for those fights. Let's see if anyone would be interest in joining the league.

I want it to be 20man tournament, with guys randomly split into 2 groups. Then we will have a Grab Your Spot round, where you will be randomly paired and put against each other. That round will set the order - fastest finish in each group grabs #1 spot, second fastest #2 spot etc. In case of same time of stoppage, we go to Fight rating (higher fight rating gives an edge). In case of decision order is simple UD > MD > SP. In case of the same type of decision, again we are looking at fight rating. If by any chance fight rating is the same - we decide by PBP commentary (who was talked to get the edge at the end of the round).

After GYS round, official tournement begins. Seeding is important and will give you and edge - becuase that's an order of picking your fights for first week. You will have 24hours to decide who you want to fight. To avoid situation like "I have 3rd pick, but guy above me didn't pick yet...", You will have to write a in-game PM to me with an order of guys you want to fight (1st - XXX, 2nd - YYY etc). When I get all of them, I will post the order here and official matchups for round 1.

After round 1 it's Winner's choice. We will have 5 winners and they will get right to pick their next fight ( You can't pick someone you already fought). As I told you, I don't want to delay tournament and make it 20weeks long or something like that. Thats why each fighter will fight 5 times only in round 1. After round 1 most of you will have a week of - besides 8 guys. Both guys ranked at #4 will have to defend that spot against fighter ranked as #5. Similar case goes for guys from spots number 6 and 7. Those will fight one more time to determine a possible substitution. Because after round 1, injury takes you out. If your fighter wont be 100% at the time fight happens, he will be replaced. I think that's the best for both tournament and your fighter - since fighting injured means a loss in 90% of the fights.

Top 4 guys of each group will advance to quaterfinals, where we will see a cross-seed fights - which means #1 will battle #3 and #2 will battle #4. After quaters and semifinals I plan 2 weeks break for both finalist to get ready for last fight.

Now, to the most important part of the tournament - PRIZES! For now Im putting 250 000$ for winner and 50 000$ for runner up. Also I will hand out Custom Made Trophy for the winner. It may not be world class prize, but we are getting this thing started so I can't go crazy here...yet ;)

To sum things up quickly:

- 20 fighters split into 2 groups

- Grab Your Spot round, then Round 1 with 5 fights (means 5 weeks long)

- Stoppage win is worth 3pts, Decision 2pts and 1pt for a draw

- 250k for winner, 50k for runner up

- Injury in tournament round (quaterfinals, semifinals) may cost you a fight and replacement will step in.

- Winners are picking their fights (So you have nice advantage here if you keep wining).

- Whole thing will take around 8 weeks to get to the semis, so I dont think its long thing :)

Requirments:

- Openweight (if we get enough guys from one division, we may put weight limit)

- No ID/Age limit

- at least 5 fights with min of 3 wins.

Signing list:

1. Scott Davies - Flavio Sandoval

2. Johny Lee's Entry - TBA

• Upvote 1

Looks like this ain't gonna happen? I need to know, Fietsora has a pile of contracts on the table and will have to make a decision soon. I'm kinda thinking its not worth it anyways, with the current contracts he's getting he will make more money in a sure thing signing bonus than the amount he would make in the small chance that he would win the prize money for this tournament. :D It's not always about the money though I was looking forward to participating in a high caliber tournament.