Lumpinee (KT) Media Thread

Rain

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14495960679930.gif

Kordell "Lambsbread" Bailey

"Joe River, ma bredren, soon wi guh to war. Mi luv aal of fi yuh, but dont get it twis, mi ago put fi mi foot gens fi yuh ears corner."

Management's translation: "Joe River, my brother, soon we go to war. I love all of you, but don't get it twisted, I will put my foot against the soft spot around your ears."

• Upvote 1

"Joe River, ma bredren, soon wi guh to war. Mi luv aal of fi yuh, but dont get it twis, mi ago put fi mi foot gens fi yuh ears corner."

Management's translation: "Joe River, my brother, soon we go to war. I love all of you, but don't get it twisted, I will put my foot against the soft spot around your ears."

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14337742373021.gif

Joe "The Hammer" River

Too bad for you there isn't a soft spot there. The only spot that it hurts when I get kicked or punches are my nuts and that's luckily illegal. If you dare kicking me there, you'll be burried out on a stretcher man!

Joe "The Hammer" River

Too bad for you there isn't a soft spot there. The only spot that it hurts when I get kicked or punches are my nuts and that's luckily illegal. If you dare kicking me there, you'll be burried out on a stretcher man!

====>

and River counters with a good right hand that lands right on the jaw.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/rocked.gif

Bailey is rocked!

Bailey throws a solid leg kick but River takes the impact on his shin and smiles at Bailey.

http://www.mmatycoon.com/images/fight/2.gif

That's two minutes gone in the round.

River blocks a low kick nicely.

River steps in and throws a big head kick that drops Bailey to the mat! Bailey looks in trouble, can he beat the count? River is bouncing in a neutral corner joining in with the referee '4,5,6' they both chant. 7,8,9... he's not going to make it! 10! He's out! River jumps onto the ropes and takes in the acclaim from the crowd!

Ladies and gentlemen, after 2:11 of round 2, we have a winner by way of TKO (Head Kick). Joe River!

After the fight, Joe River was humble in paying tribute to his opponent but made it clear he wants to go on to bigger and better things. It seemed to go down well with the crowd who cheered him loudly.

Joe "The Hammer" River

092b1803fcbe2b22f95acc4e80a44847_400x400

• Downvote 1

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14425534746068.png
"THE MARTYR" Bhagat Singh (284770)-http://www.arrick.com/family/files/orickrussellgrave27.jpg

I have taken the liberty to dug up grave for my next opponent,Pu Pad Noy Warawoot Iv.Your demise will be quick and but however short it will be extremely painful.Only mistake was to be drawn up against me and for that i am gonna smack your skull until it pulverizes.Best to take food enriched with calcium to strengthen your bones while you still can.To the other people on the card,i except you all to maintain a one minute silence after i will have reduced this poor Thai soil to dust on 23rd Jan.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1448372959lumpinee-main_zpsg4hphyfs.png

Press Conference: Co-Owner Announcement

Lumpinee: "We know there's been a lack of communication in the past couple of days between the organisation and the media and we wanted to wait until the everything was confirmed before announcing that Lumpinee (KT) will be having a change in management. No, Rain Thunder is NOT leaving the organisation however due to his health he's been searching for someone to come on board and act as co-owner. I'm proud to announce that the new co-owner of Lumpinee KT is Mark O'Sullivan!"

http://mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1436299874profile.png

Mark O'Sullivan

Co-Owner of Lumpinee (KT)

Mark: "First of all I want to thank everyone at Lumpinee (KT) for giving me this opportunity. I had been on the phone to Joe Lang who told me about how there was some issues within the org and how Rain might not be able to continue to effectively manage the day-to-day running of the organisation, he asked if I would be interested in helping out and I felt that this was a good opportunity to gain a true understanding of what goes on behind the scenes in the running of an organisation.

I have had a tiny bit of experience with organisation management in the past, I had been involved briefly with Insanity which was ran by John Hetfield, unfortunately it didn't work out for me there as looking after contracts wasn't the most appealing job in the world for me. That's in the past and I'm looking forward to getting involved in all areas of organisation management in my role as co-owner of Lumpinee (KT).

I know The Junior Grand Master of KT 2 tournament was schedule to start this weekend and there was some fights which weren't booked so I look into getting them sorted as quick as I could as soon as I signed the contract. I've got a fighter in that tournament myself but I'm pretty sure Joe Lang will be handling the event and I'll just be handling the booking of the fights."

Reporter: "What's happened to Lumpinee's first crowned champion Bhagat Singh, I notice he's no longer listed on the website as the champion?"

Mark: "Well, that's actually the second thing I did. I rang up Bhagat to find out who he wanted to fight next and he told me his fighting days are over."

Reporter: "I don't understand, he's only 18?"

Mark: "I honestly don't know what happened him, it looked like the kid could be a KT legend if he kept winning, 4-0 at only 18 years old. Strange move but it is what it is, so I had to strip him of his title.

Before ending this conference, I want to announce the resigning of Fleece Johnson. I found out that the kid was no longer signed to the organisation, so I rang up his manager and sorted out a deal which will see him stay with Lumpinee KT. He's 4-0 with us and I know he'll be keeping a close eye on The Junior Grand Master of KT 2 Middleweight tournament.

Lumpinee is also on the look out for fresh new talent to add to it's roster. If you're interested in sending one of your fighters to us so he can focus on his stand up before switching to MMA, get in touch. Thanks for coming everyone."

• Upvote 2

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14046526106802.jpg

James "Sully" McGuiness (237725)

Ok guy! The wait is almost over!!

After a rough signup period with people signing up and going MIA, the quest to find replacement fighters to the org owner almost disappearing on me, we are finally on the right path and all fights have been booked for the first round!

Massive shout out to Mark O'Sullivan for stepping up for Lumpinee to help with the day to day operations and taking a load off my shoulder!

32 Featherweights signed up for the first Junior Grand Master of KT, and with the success of that tournament I decided to split the second edition into 2 divisions. The ever exciting Heavyweights and Middleweights.

But before we have a look at the young men who will be participating, make sure you stop by TKO Clothing in Montreal for the official Junior Grand Master of KT 2 merchandise! We have a range of tops and shorts for your comfort and training needs!!

On one big night in London, the Middleweights will fight in the famous Underground where they will fight for the right to make the quarter finals of the tournament.

Lumpinee 6 - Middleweights

Hank Standing Bear v Pepe Apolo

Two young boxers kick off the tournament as they try to set the scene for the tournament. Bear has the reach advantage so who knows if he can put it to use. My prediction is Bear will try to stay on the outside,but Apolo will look to close the distance and wear him down with some dirty boxing. Apolo via decision.

Samudragupta Singh Ratore v Bobby Light

Indian fighter Ratore faces Muay Thai striker Light in the second fight. Light comes from the same management team as the first Junior Grand Master of KT winner Black Jesus so you know he is well prepared. What makes this fight interesting is that Ratore has a bounty on his head and the person who beats him will earn a cool $25k. As if Light didn't need more motivation! Light to impose the clinch and win via decision.

Casper Timmermans v Ron Stomper

Boxer Timmermans faces Muay Thai expert Stomper in what looks to be an aggressive fight. Stomper has a slight size advantage, but does he have the power? Timmermans should be able to avoid the flurry and come back with a late TKO.

Ramon Van Hassel v Tony Tiger

Two Muay Thai experts face each other next.Tiger may look a bit silly in his onesie, but i assure you once he steps into that ring you can laugh all you want but you WILL get hurt if you don't take him seriously. Something tells me that Tiger will be able to overcome the size disadvantage and score a tough decision.

Si Pitung v Thaksin Napapa

Two Asian Muay Thai fighters face each other next. Pitung is looking to make a name for himself and he looks to do so against the Thai Napapa who has taken his training camp to Amsterdam. Thai Muay Thai with Dutch kickboxing? Look for Napapa to wear Pitung down and score a second round TKO to advance in the tournament.

Chuck Steel v Wade North

Muay Thai fighter Steel faces young fighter North who trains out of my gym. Chuck Steel has a really big size advantage, but i am confident North will be able to weather the storm and be able to come back against the tired big man. This will be a bloody affair!

Aksel Stenger v Kt Jnr YodRon

Another two European Muay Thai fighters face off. Yodron brings that Dutch style kickboxing to the ring against the Danish fighter. Yodron will be looking to end this early and from what I can see he has the power advantage. However something tells me Stenger will remain calm and when YodRon's power doesn't finish the fight Stenger will come back to pick him apart in the later rounds.

Beau Van Steyne v Duke McStoner

Beau comes from a long line of fighters, younger brother to Francis and Andre and twin brother to Leroy. Will his family tree help him or add to the pressure? Duke on the other hand has already had an amateur fight. But his amateur record doesn't matter in the big leagues. This is a tough call, so i will say that Van Steyne will edge the VERY close decision.

Stay tuned for the Heavyweight fights......

Now that we have had a look at the Middleweights, it's time to have a look at the big boys!!!!

While the Middleweights battle it out in The Underground, the big boys will take over Wild Bob's Bar where i am sure we will see a lot of big hits!

It took us a while with people signing up and going missing, people dropping out and finding replacements, but we finally got our last fight made official so there is no backing out now!!

Lumpinee 7 - Heavyweights

Loghan Rhodes v Benson Randolf

The Heavyweights kick off with Rhodes facing Randolf. Not much is known about both men, except that Rhodes is really good wrestler. Randolf took his training camp to Hilo and has a bounty on his head so whoever beats him will earn himself a nice $25k. While he appears to have the weight and strength advantage, I am not sure what else Rhodes can bring to the table. While i don't doubt his wrestling skills, i am not sure how it will translate in the KT ring. I predict Randolf to neutralize Rhode's wrestling and earn the late TKO, keeping his bounty alive.

Grigoriy Chirkash v Johan Geerestein

Muay Thai expert Chirkash takes on boxer Geerestein in the next fight. Johan has the size and power advantage so he will be looking to end this early and earn himself the Fastest Finish bonus while Chirkash will be looking to avoid that and tire the big man out. Chirkash to weather the storm and come back with a late TKO.

Alex Demitrious v Mc Steel Penn

One of the most controversial fights, Alex Demitrious was scheduled to fight someone from the Billy Weedman camp. After numerous attempts to contact Weedman went unanswered, Heavyweight boxer Mc Steel Penn stepped up to answer the call. Penn has the distinct power and size advantage, so look for him to throw some bombs to finish this early. Demitrious will be looking to avoid the early onslaught and come back to try and control the tired Penn. If Penn doesn't end this in the first minute, he will lose a decision.

Mar Poker v Igor Pasternack

Young Muay Thai expert Poker will be facing Russian boxer Pasternack as two more big boys battle it out. Poker has a nice reach advantage, but with the big boys all it takes is one big shot to end it. Pasternack will look to use his jabs to find an opening while i predict Poker will close the distance with his clinch game. Look for him to wear Pasternack down with body shots and finish him in the second round.

Sam Hamutana v Callum McFinnigan

Another of our controversial fights, McFinnigan was scheduled to fight Muay Thai fighter Brian Walker, however since he started his training Walker has gone missing. After trying to contact several managers to see if they had any young Heavyweight prospects, Hamutana from my gym decided to step in on late notice. McFinnigan is confident he will be able to kick Hamutana's ass. We'll see how that goes...

Donald Trump v Donal Maciver

Next Trump faces Maciver. Both are primarily Muay Thai fighters, although on paper Trump looks to be the more technical MT striker. We all know anything can happen in the KT ring, but i see Trump picking Maciver apart and you know the saying: "The bigger they are..."

Mihail Brophy v Faiq Bolkiah

Russian Brophy takes on the biggest man in the tournament in Bolkiah. Both men are MT strikers and while on paper it appears Bolkiah has more power, Brophy seems comfortable with his skills. I mean, i personally think he has a ridiculous bag but i wouldn't go up to tell him, would you? Brophy should look to survive the early rush, but if only ONE of Faiq's shots land then it's lights out.

Robbie Burns v Steve Smith

Two more heavy hitters close up the first round of the tournamen as the Canadian Burns takes on Smith (who funnily enough took his training camp to Montreal). Both men use MT as their primary weapon but it is Burns who will look to use his size to his advantage too. Look for him to go aggressively against his much smaller opponent and look for the early finish. If Smith can somehow avoid the storm, he should be able to come back and earn the late TKO victory after chopping the big man down.

And there you have it!! Who will make it to the second round?? Tune in to find out!!!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1448372959lumpinee-main_zpsg4hphyfs.png http://mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1436299874profile.png

Mark O'Sullivan

Post-Fight Conference: Junior Grand Master of KT 2 (Round 1)

Mark: "Before starting I want to thank all of the fighters who put on a show in the two events we had. I buzzed earlier that we had 13 finishes out of 20 fights, so I'm sure KT fans around the world were loving the events we put on tonight. I've picked out who I felt deserve the Of The Night honours:

Lumpinee 6 - Middleweights

Fight of the Night: Si Pitung vs Thaksin Napapa

KO of the Night: Pranab Modi

Lumpinee 7 - Heavyweights

Fight of the Night: Kyle Broflovski vs Stryker Striking

KO of the Night: Grigoriy Chirkash

I got high hopes for a lot of these fighters and feel that some of them were a bit unfortunate with their losses. I know some of them might be a bit disheartened by receiving a loss in their first KT fight of their career but they need to remember that they're still young and even the best fighters in the world have defeats. I'm happy to match up these fighters with other guys in the division who aren't competing in the tournament and hopefully we'll see some great fights."

Reporter: "We've heard rumours that both Vitali Krushcev and Tony Tiger have split from their respective managers following their fights."

Mark: "That's disappointing. I honestly feel it's too early to judge these young fighters, they're 18! I hope both of these guys get back into the ring for at least one more fight but I know when there is a split between the manager and fighter it's usually down to the fighter no longer wishing to fight and if that's the case I wish them all the best in the future with whatever they do.

From what I heard from Grant Brophy, Vitali was looking impressive in the gym and that I should be afraid of sending Faiq in to the ring to fight him, so I was delighted to see Faiq come off with the victory and feel he could be a big contender in the HW side of the tournament."

Reporter: "Asides from Bolkiah, who else do you see as a threat at HW?"

Mark: "There's two other fighters who stand out to me: Grigoriy Chirkash (1-0) and Mar Poker (1-0). Both of these fighters were impressive in their fights and I expect to see at least one of them in the final. Grigoriy's KO was badass, it's one I'm not going to forget! If they both win their next fight, I believe they'll be matched up in the Semi-Finals."

Reporter: "Is there any fighters from the MW division which stood out to you tonight?"

Mark: "If I'm honest I'm not completely familiar with the MW guys, I looked at most of the HW guys before I got involved with the organisation because I wanted to see who Faiq could potentially end up fighting. Though there's a couple of guys I expect to challenge for the honour of being the MW winner of The Junior Grand Master of KT 2: Duke McStoner (1-0), Bobby Light (1-0) and Pepe Apolo (1-0).

McStoner comes from a strong camp of fighters and every single fighter who trains out of there have told me just how hard this guy hits and Beau Van Steyne experienced his power first hand. This guy trains with the likes of Ozzy McKane on a daily basis, trying with guys like that is going to be a massive help to a fighter when they're young.

Light's manager has a reputation of guiding his fighters to success. He might have only got a decision win tonight but he rocked his opponent and was unlucky to not put him away. I have no doubt that Light will be one of the toughest guys to beat in the MW section of this tournament.

Pepe Apolo showed some true heart tonight. He was down in the score card after the first round but he came back, won the second round and went on to finish the fight in the third round. Don't ever count this guy out in a fight as he's got the power to win the fight at any moment!

Before I leave I just want to announce a major main event we'll be having in the near future. I can't confirm any dates as I haven't got any future events booked just yet but the fans will be treated to the rematch between two EFFA veterans: Hadi Ozturk (12-4) and Bruce Luis (10-5). I've been managing Hadi his entire career and he's been wanting that rematch for a while and after speaking with Luis' manager, I found that they were interested in it too. I'm hoping Hadi will get revenge in this fight and that it'll be a great event for the fans.

More details about that fight and the event it's headlining will be revealed in the near future. Thanks everyone for coming."

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14001848913597.png http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/24/24b27.jpg

Hadi Ozturk vs Bruce Luis II

Joels Van Wijnbergen

http://www.mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14394147097948.png

Listen here light heavyweights, I know I'm the most talented and durable fighter in the divison, but if you're not gonna fight me - get out the divison. I've been ducked like 3 times in a row, Gary Baxter is scared of the rematch because he knows deep down he lost the first fight and he knows I will beat him in the rematch.

I will take everybody out in the division in a row, week by week, I wrote a hit list but I got bored writing every fighter in the Lumpinee middleweight and light heavyweight divison. Why are you all scared? I am a cheetah in a field of gazelles, you may escape me once, twice, three times but I will end you and I will make your family weep.

Van Wijnbergen time is now. Say my name gazelles.

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1448372959lumpinee-main_zpsg4hphyfs.png

Press Conference: Co-Owner #2 Announcement

Lumpinee: "Hi everyone, thanks for coming along to this conference. We've been delighted with how things have been progressing since Mark O'Sullivan joined us on the 22nd of February. As an organisation, I feel we're very strong with Rain Thunder, James Sully McGuiness and Mark O'Sullivan working behind the scenes but our team is going to become even stronger with the addition of another co-owner. This man is no stranger to the world of MMA Tycoon having been involved with the running of Barbarian FC, Darkness MMA and most recently the very successful Havoc Fighting League based in Amsterdam which he co-founded with Liam Davidson, without further ado please welcome Conor The Kind!"

Conor The Kind

Conor: "Hello everyone, I'm happy to be here on this occasion. I look forward to helping Lumpinee KT grow and expand the KT scene. I also look forward to working closely with Rain Thunder and Marky O'Sullivan. I think my experience and ambition with orgs will help Lumpinee and I'm already planning for the future. With that all being said, I'm ready for the first question. You! Pretty girl in the yellow, whats your question?"

Reporter: "Hi Conor, could first explain to us why you left Havoc Fighting League? You had been with Havoc since it's inception and the organisation has grown from strength to strength since opening."

Conor: "I love Havoc, I've been working there for over a year now and even helped Liam come up with the name. I really enjoyed working at Havoc and working with Liam through the time and recently working with Michael Brakeley too. I co-owned Havoc for the last year and Davie felt that he wanted to take full ownership and as a friend I wasn't going to deny him that so I gave up my co-ownership for an agreed sum of money, but I still am involved in the Havoc decision making and involved in an advisor capacity. I still want the best for Havoc and can still help them with new ideas to innovate and captivate managers and fighters alike. I also saw that Lumpinee could use my help and as I said before, I crave a challenge and I want to help expand the KT scene."

Reporter: "You've surprised the entire MMA Tycoon world by joining an organisation co-owned by Mark O'Sullivan, despite an intense rivalry between your alliance Vendetta and The Corporation and who accord to the last TWW tried to ban you from the forums. Were you not put off working for Lumpinee because of your rivalry with Mark?"

Conor: "Well, I have many things to say to this question. First of all, The Corporation are now a non-alliance and any rivalry with them is void. Me and Marky did have a couple intense back and forths, but everybody has bad days and has the ability to say something they may only mean at that time and I know I have an ability like no other to get under peoples skins so I'll never use how somebody feels against me one day when I really piss them off, because it was only for a little period and then it was civil and what is forgotten is that me and Marky had a good friendship before the falling out. Which I'm sure will soon return. We have already made good professional communication and Mark seems enthusiastic to help Lumpinee and for me, enthusiasm is more than enough to get an org to start punching above its weight. "

Reporter: "Having joined Lumpinee (KT) what is your thoughts on the organisation and on KT in general in MMA Tycoon?"

Conor: "I feel Lumpinee is an ambitious step by Rain Thunder to help expand the KT scene. It has not taken off so quickly but now me and Marky are part of the org we will look to accelerate the org to new heights. KT has always had a presence in MMA Tycoon but that's only because of EFFA recently, I think we should have more organizations and time for kickboxing and I hope to influence others to feel the same as I."

Lumpinee: "We're starting to run out of time, so we'll take one last question before ending this conference. You there in the back, in the white shirt and blue tie."

Reporter: "Hi there Conor, over here! Hi. In the last press conference Mark spoke of a highly anticipated match up between Hadi Ozturk and Bruce Luis which would be on same card as round 2 of The Junior Grant Master of KT 2, do you have a date in mind for that and can you give anything away as to what will be the final fight for that card?"

Conor: "I like your tie. I will let Mark tell you about that himself but I can tell you we're looking at another event a week before the second round of the tournament and we're going to work hard on bringing some big names for you. Alright that's all folks, have a good day. Where is that reporter in the yellow? Hey yeah you, oh your number? Sure I'll write it down."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Lumpinee 8

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1456752223poster.png

13th March 2016

Wild Bob's Bar (750) London

Partner: Perkele!

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/141563701510dhcus.jpg

Lumpinee 8 is coming straight after the wildly entertaining Lumpinee 6 and 7 which hosted the first round of The Junior Grand Master of KT 2. The second round will be held at Lumpinee 9 but for now the focus is on Lumpinee 8 which is featuring a couple familiar faces who were unsuccessful in the first round.

Main Event

Kyle Broflovski (1-1) vs Luther Kelly (3-1)

The main event features two fighters who have already exchanged words on Buzz, Kyle has said "I'll hit him clean on the chin and he'll go down" and is clearly confident in his power to get the job done, whereas Luther has given Kyle a warning before this fight goes down "Better take a hard look at what I did to Rivers Joe River and Sanderson Rob Sanderson before you get too cocky". Kyle is coming off a TKO victory over Stryker Striking and was able to punish Stryker with some nasty punches and some slick combinations. He was able to avoid the clinch which was where Stryker was wanting the fight to stay.

Luther Kelly on the other hand lost his last fight by TKO (punch) against former champ Bhagat Singh and will be looking to get back to winning ways with a victory over the dangerous Kyle Broflovski. While it may come as a surprise to many that Luther got KO'd having shown that he has a good chin in the past, it was clear to me that he was visibly tired in his last fight just before he lost the fight. Perhaps he had a bad weight cut or maybe the body shots he received did a lot more damage than people thought, whatever the reason I don't expect him to go down as easily as he did in that fight. Luther has massive power in his hands and has ended a fight with a punch and combination, Kyle better hope he can avoid the strikes otherwise this one could be over quick!

I predict Luther to put the disappointment of losing his last fight behind him and put away Kyle fast. If he doesn't I expect Kyle to put Luther away within two rounds.

Prediction: Luther Kelly by KO / TKO

Co-Main Event

Wade North (0-1) vs Ron Stomper (0-1)

The co-main event has two former competitors in The Junior Grand Master of KT 2. Wade North comes in looking to avoid being cut open like he was in the first fight otherwise he may find himself losing the fight by cuts again. We know Wade is very confident in the clinch, unfortunately that lead to his downfall in his previous fight but if he gets into the clinch against Ron Stomper you know he'll start throwing those elbows looking to slice Ron open.

Ron Stomper is a man who also likes to get into the clinch, he clinched up with [/size]Casper Timmermans 9 times and threw elbows, knees and punches when in the clinch. Unfortunately for Ron, he couldn't outstrike Casper and he lost a decision. He was most successful with his punches in the clinch so if he goes into the clinch in this fight, he should be aiming to throw and land a couple more punches. Wade should take note that Ron is no slouch in the stand up, he was very successful with his kicks although he did swing and miss a lot of punches which he'll probably look to avoid doing in this fight.

I believe Wade North will be looking to get the fight to the clinch again to do some real damage and providing he doesn't get cut open himself, I think his razor sharp elbows will slice Ron open with nasty cuts which will lead to the fight being stopped.

Prediction: Wade North by TKO (Cut)

Zion Fuller (0-0) vs Hipolito Hoplitai Haploi (0-0)

Two fighters making their KT debut and both will be looking to impress their managers who will be eager to see what their fighter is made of. Both seem strong in Muay Thai although I been speaking to an insider at Zion's gym who has told me that he's not the worse at boxing or wrestler.

Hard to tell when both fighters are making their debut but I'm going to give it to Zion because of the inside info I've been given.

Prediction: Zion Fuller by KO / TKO

Thaksin Napapa (0-1) vs Kt Jnr YodRon (0-1)

Napapa looked tired going into his last fight and will be looking to avoid making that mistake again as he was punished throughout the fight. It was a miracle the fight went the distance given the amount of damage he received. Rumours are that he's taking this fight very seriously and looks in shape in his gym at this time.

YodRon got KO'd by a head kick in his last fight and really looked like a one trick pony constantly attempting to clinch and weirdly enough not doing much when he finally was in the clinch throwing and missing two strikes. He's going to have to adapt his game plan for this fight and I think he'll focus on being more accurate with his striking and maybe setting up the clinch attempt by striking first. Going for the clinch against Napapa might not be a great idea given how inaccurate YodRon was in his first fight and also given how effective Napapa was in the clinch in his fight.

Napapa at least landed some strikes in his first fight unlike YodRon who never seemed to get anything going. I hope YodRon comes out and puts on a credible display but he wont do so if he comes in tired.

Prediction: Thaksin Napapa by KO / TKO

Markus Reine (0-0) vs Michel Nostredam (0-0)

Another two fighters making their debuts tonight. Both come from Muay Thai backgrounds but Reine is the taller fighter so Michel might be avoiding throwing head kicks. Anything can happen in a debut fight and given Bob Vendarra's experience in managing MMA fighters I favour his fighter in this one.

Prediction: Reine by KO / TKO

Jimmy Page (1-1) vs Horst Schlemmer (0-0)

Horst is the second Bob Vendarra fighter making his debut on this card. Jimmy was defeated in his last fight by TKO but it was against and older, more experienced fighter. He won his first MMA fight by TKO and that was set up by the only hook he landed during the fight, if he connects cleanly with Horsts chin, I think this one could have a quick finish.

Jimmy looks to have been an MMA convert having shown in the past that he's got skills on the ground as well as the stand up. If Horst has been training all his life stand up only then I feel Jimmy will be in trouble.

With 0-0 fighters you have no indicator on their chin or what kind of power they have. I know Jimmy has KO power and so I'm going to go for a win for him.

Prediction: Jimmy Page by TKO / KO.

Heinrich Lange (0-0) vs Pranab Modi (1-0)

Former EFFA owner Bob Vendarra is certainly doing his part to help Lumpinee (KT) by sending us over a third fighter for his debut. We wish his fighters all the best and hope at least one will be a KT star in the future! Lange is said to have been very impressive in the gym during Muay Thai sparring and so we expect him to have decent stand up.

Modi is funnily enough fighting another person called Heinrich Lange having KO the last one in less than a minute. He landed every strike in that fight and his stand up looked very crisp. Modi has a good record against Heinrich Lange's and I expect him to continue his great record against them with another KO win.

Prediction: Pranab Modi by TKO / KO

Max Teller (1-1) vs Robin Olds (4-2)

There's one name both these fighters don't like and that's Fleece Johnson (5-1). Both of them have fought and lost (Robin x2) against Fleece and now it's time for the two of them to fight. Robins despite only being 17 has had the most fights out of everyone on this card. Don't let his young face fool you this guy had two TKO wins in NACF and he has yet to be KO'd.

Max Teller lost his last fight against Fleece by TKO in the first round but looked impressive in his first KT fight when he beat Tum Pukorn by KO also within the first round. If there's one thing I've learnt from Max Teller's previous fights, it's clear the guy doesn't like to spend long in the ring and goes into the ring with a kill or be killed attitude.

Prediction: Robin Olds by TKO / KO

Sam Hamutana (0-1) vs Alex Demitrious (0-1)

Another two fighters who received losses in the first round of The Junior Grand Master of KT 2. One thing I have noticed is that Alex isn't looking energetic in training, not sure if he's suffering an illness or something but it could really affect his performance against Sam if he isn't fit and healthy come fight night. He managed to go the distance in his last fight but if he's not 100% I can see him getting TKO'd / KO'd within the distance.

Hamutana seems to favour the clinch but unfortunately for him so did his last opponent Callum McFinnigan. Callum landed some hard strikes in the clinch which led to Sam being KO'd.

Given Alex's current condition and how he struggled in the clinch in his last fight, I expect Sam to win this one inside the distance.

Prediction: Sam Hamutana by TKO / KO

Johan Geerestein (0-1) vs Donald Trump (0-1)

A battle between two fighters who both received KO losses in the first round of The Junior Grand Master of KT 2. I predict a KO in this one and I think it'll be a fun fight to watch to kick off the event. Rumours have it that Donald Trump is quite popular for some reason in America, not sure why. He'll be wanting to avoid the clinch in this fight having had a horrible time in the clinch in his last fight where he ate nearly every clinch strike.

Sadly not much is known about Johan because he never really got going in his last fight, I hope he can put on a good display in this fight and get the fans on their feet with an exciting battle against Donald Trump. He couldn't do any worse in this fight, surely?

Prediction: Johan Geerestein by TKO / KO

Thanks everyone for reading and all the best for our fighters competing at Lumpinee 8! If you're feeling lucky why not head over to Lumpinee (KT) Bets and place a bet on one of the fights!

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/images/company/logo/1448372959lumpinee-main_zpsg4hphyfs.png http://mmatycoon.com/images/manager_avatars/1436299874profile.png

Mark O'Sullivan

Post-Fight Conference: Lumpinee 8

http://mmatycoon.com/images/posters/1456752223poster.png

Mark: "Delighted to find out that Lumpinee (KT) is progressing, tonight was our best rated card so far by the critics so here's hoping we can build upon this event. The winners of the Of The Night bonuses:

Fight of the Night: Luther Kelly vs Kyle Broflovski

KO of the Night: Johan Geerestein

I was loving that fight between Luther and Kyle, Kyle impressed me a lot with his performance, I felt that Luther was going to edge this one and he held his own and on another night he might have gotten the win with some effective counter striking. I hope he takes this defeat on the chin and bounces back from it, not many people can say they went the distance with Luther Kelly and it's definitely a testament of his chin.

Johan Geerestein didn't get a chance to perform in his last fight, he made sure not to make that mistake in this fight and really left a big impression with that monster uppercut. Credit to Donald Trump, there's fight in the dude, he tried to make it back to the face but it's no surprised he went back down to the canvas, I don't think anyone would have recovered from such a massive punch."

Reporter: "We noticed that you had said on Buzz that you were looking into getting a super fight for the finale of The Junior Grand Master of KT 2, can you give us any clue who could be involved in that fight?"

Mark: "Honestly, it's early days and I probably shouldn't have buzzed that. I got excited when I found out a big name KT fighter was interested in being involved in a main event fight for Lumpinee (KT). I've messaged another big name opponent's manager to see if there's any chance of the fight happening. IF it gets confirmed, I'll post on Buzz about it."

Reporter: "It was announced shortly after the event that Luther Kelly was dropping to LW, is there any reason for this?"

Mark: "We've decided to include an 290k ID restriction to both the WW and the LHW divisions along with the ones which have already been announced. We're hoping to attract new young talent into the world of KT and so hopefully they'll decide to sign with us. I know there's lots of young fighters out there ready to enter the world of MMA but some of these guys aren't ready, they have the stand up skills but get completely outclassed on the ground and some of them give up after losing their first MMA bout due to them getting dragged to the ground. I appeal to all these fighters who are comfortable with their stand up to sign with us and train here before considering the world of MMA."

Reporter: "Rumours are going around that nobody wants to fight Joels Van Wijnbergen (0-2), is there any truth to these rumours?"

Mark: "Yeah we've had a bit of trouble trying to match him up with a suitable opponent, I have seen the videos of him in training at the gym and honestly I understand why people are avoiding him, he looks to have improved his skill set sense he was last in the Lumpinee (KT) ring and I'm guessing other people have seen those videos and that's why they're avoiding him. If someone wants to fight him, they can get in touch but I can't see my phone going off any time soon.

Before leaving I want to confirm our Main Event for Lumpinee 9 will be between former XKC Light Heavyweight and EFFA Middleweight champion Halfdan Lodbrok (13-4) vs Scott Nichols (15-19) who is also an EFFA veteran. I heard a while ago that both these fighters were looking for a fight so I offered them the chance to Main Event one of our cards and they both accepted. We're delighted to have two veterans of KT and hope that this wont be the last time Lumpinee (KT) fans will see them in our organisation. Keep an eye on Lumpinee (KT) Bets if you fancy betting on any of the fights at Lumpinee 9.

Thanks everyone for coming!"

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/20/20w3.jpg http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/41/41a5.jpg

Halfdan Lodbrok vs Scott Nichols

• Upvote 2

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14282367248822.gif

"The Big Bad Wolf" Wade North (287988)

Now i admit, losing my first fight and getting knocked out of the Junior Grand Master of KT 2 was hard. Especially when i lost at my own game.

While i am happy to have secured my first win, i am not happy with my performance. I am hungry and i have tasted blood, but my hunger has yet to be satisfied.

I am going to train harder than ever and my next victim will coat the ring in blood!

• Upvote 1

http://mmatycoon.com/gallery/0/14562730782207.jpg

Sam Hamutana "Junior" (288380)

After scoring my first victory, i was in the gym when i got the call to fill the alternate spot in the Junior Grand Master of KT 2. Now while i did not have the preparation that i would have liked, i make no excuses and take nothing away from my opponent Callum McFinnigan who was able to knock me out of the tournament. I hope he does well in the tournament, and who knows? Our paths may cross again some day.

But refocusing on the task at hand, i was able to get a bit of confidence back with a nice KO victory of my own and hopefully this will be a sign of things to come as i begin my journey to make a name for myself in KT.

• Upvote 1

Mark O'Sullivan

Following the news of a rival KT organisation opening up called GAMMA: Muay Thai, the media was looking to hear what the response was from Lumpinee (KT). Lumpinee (KT) is still a very young organisation having only held its first event on the 26th of December 2015 and to date has held only 8 events. Mark O'Sullivan took time out of his busy schedule as co-owner of Lumpinee (KT) to share his thoughts.

"GAMMA did what? ...You got to be kidding me, they've got like 10 organisations already by Mentors multi's, I mean by some of the members of Legion of Doom. I don't see why they'd want to enter the KT market, there's a limited amount of KT fighters as it is, adding another KT organisation into the mix is going to result in us having to fight even harder to recruit new fighters to our organisation. I guess GAMMA is looking to become #1 organisation in KT because there's no chance of them doing it any time soon for MMA.

Hopefully another KT organisation will in turn encourage more young fighters to turn to the world of KT before entering the world of MMA, I guess we'll see in a couple of months time. Who knows, if we're both still going by this time next year, we could potentially see super fights between GAMMA: Muay Thai and Lumpinee (KT). I'm pretty confident the Lumpinee (KT) guys would win!"

• Upvote 2

Mickey hart betting tips for Lumpinee 9

In a gambling mood today and feel like taking all of Lumpinee (KT) Bets money .Here or my best bets

1.90 Hadi Ozturk surely marky cant messed this up with a granite chin fighter he should net be some easy money

1.85 Mar "Mofo" Poke a granite chin fighter and steel penn sucks as a manager .WAR POKE

1.68 Pepe Apolo is taking on one of the fighter of the most over rated managers ever storman norman. Easy money for me .

1.75 Duke "Warboner" McStoner solid hiddens and manager i expect him to take it

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

(Via The Junior Grand Master of KT II thread)

(Participant of The Island Season 2. Former MMA and KT Fighter.

Owner of Sully's Bar & Grill on The Island)

Hello everyone!!!

It's been a while and i guess everyone has been busy training to advance to the next round of the Junior Grand Master of KT 2.

16 Heavyweights and 16 Middleweights signed up, and we have been reduced to 8 men in each division.

And what an interesting tournament we have had so far with bounties being paid out! Who will get the last bounty?

Think you know who will win? Well put your money where your mouth is and head down to Lumpinee (KT) Bets and see if you can beat the odds!

Also, head down to TKO Clothing for the official Junior Grand Master 2 clothing! Stock is limited so get them while they last!

Now on to the fights!!

The Junior Grand Master of KT 2 presents: Lumpinee 9

Middleweight Tournament Fight

Duke McStoner v Aksel Stenge

Both men finished their opponents in impressive fashion in the last round with McStoner making short work of Beau Van Steyne while Stenge impressed with his highlight reel KO. Very tough fight to pick and i am impressed with Stenge's Muay Thai, but i feel the Irish brawler will be too much for him.

Sully's Prediction: McStoner will earn the early TKO.

Heavyweight Tournament Fight

Donal Maciver v Callum McFinnigan

Two heavy hitters open the next round of the Heavyweight tournament as Muay Thai expert Maciver carved through his opponent with knees. He faces boxer McFinnigan who knocked out late replacement (and training partner of mine) Hamutana in the second round. Tough call to make as all it takes is one shot from the Heavyweights to end a fight.

Sully's Prediction: I feel Maciver will be able to take the fight where he wants to in the clinch and will wear him down before finishing with another deadly knee.

Chuck Steel v Si Pitung

Pitung comes in with a dominating performance in his last fight as he steps in the ring against Chuck Steel. Steel fought a brave fight and showed a lot of heart beating a fellow training partner of mine by cuts. While i have to give him credit for beating my mate, he has not shown anything to let me know that he can take the power shots of Pitung.

Sully's Prediction: Pitung to get the early KO.

Bobby Light v Pepe Apolo

Light overcame a very close decision in his last fight against a tough opponent. Apolo on the other hand dominated and wore down his opponent in the clinch before finishing off late in the third. Light comes from the same management as the last Junior Grand Master of KT so i won't write him off just yet. If i was to go on form, i would have to pick Apolo, however i am gonna go against the grain here and pick Light to turn around and bounce back from a lackluster fight.

Sully's Prediction: Light via Decision.

Mar Poker v Mc Steel Penn

Poker is coming off a dominating performance and looks to continue his streak against Steel Penn who is one of only 2 Heavyweights to have grinded out a decision. Penn will look to keep this on the outside and his his boxing, however i see Magus taking this into the clinch where he will wear Penn down and ultimately finish him in the second round.

Sully's Prediction: Magus by TKO.

Grigoriy Chirkash v Benson Randol

Two sides of the spectrum here as Randol is the other Heavyweight not to have finished his opponent to continue. Chirkash is quite the opposite as he is in the front for fastest KO via punches as he only needed 21 seconds to get into the second round. Sully's Prediction: I see more of the same this fight as Chirkash collects the bounty placed on Randol with yet another quick KO, maybe even breaking his own record doing so.

Casper Timmermans v Ramon Van Hassel

Both men have shown to be more technical here as they showcased their skills in their last fight. Van Hassel frustrated his opponent by clinching and breaking while peppering him with strikes on the outside. That technique won't work on Timmermans who showed in his last fight he is capable of defending well while doing damage on the outside.

Sully's Prediction: Tough fight to call but I think Timmermans is the more technical and will edge out a close decision to move onto the next round.

Faiq Bolkiah v Steve Smith

Two powerhouses close out the Heavyweight tournament. Bolkiah needed only 18 seconds to advance, and is in the running to claim the fastest KO via kicks. Smith on the other hand is not intimidated as he took out a much larger opponent and is looking to do the same as he faces another big opponent. If Smith can weather the storm and avoid the early onslaught, he is in with a chance to wear the bigger man down, however i feel Bolkiah will be too strong.

Sully's Prediction: Bolkiah to blitz through his defenses and KO him in the first.

Co-Main Event

Hadi Ozturk v Bruce Luis

Two EFFA legends face off in a rematch. These men faced each other 4 (tycoon) years ago and Luis was able to overcome the odds as an underdog to shock the world when he dominated a young Ozturk from the beginning to end. A lot has happened since then and the two men find themselves facing each other again. Both men are evenly matched although Luis was knocked out in his last fight. Will that play a factor in this?

Sully's Prediction: Ozturk via Decision

Main Event

Halfdan Lodbrok v Scott Nichols

Both men are former EFFA legends and are both under new management so this will be an interesting fight indeed. Lodbrok is a former EFFA Middleweight Champion but seemed to have lost his will to fight a few years back. He will be stepping into the ring after 2 (tycoon) years away and seems to have found a renewed passion for the sport. Nichols is also under new management and someone i am familiar with as i have stepped into the ring with him before. However i have heard a rumour that he is in financial trouble and is coming into this fight out of shape after not having the best training camp. If he doesn't come in focused then i am worried about what a dangerous and focused Lodbrok will do in his comeback fight.

Sully's Prediction: If the rumours of a bad training camp and financial troubles are true, then I believe Lodbrok will easily walk through Nichols.

And that is it for another round of fights!!!

So whether you are joining us live at The Underground, or you are watching it from the comfort of your own home or in one of my HD screens, make sure you are having a blast! :drunk:

As always,

Stay Classy

:shades:

• Upvote 1

Mark O'Sullivan

"Big thanks to Sully for sharing his thoughts in his preview of Lumpinee 9! It will be our biggest event to date with 4 very experienced KT fighters fighting on this card."