First fighter idea

bobloblaw

I had an idea I wanted to throw out there. Originally I was thinking of typing a step 1-whatever if I were a new player. Step one would be to get a mentor, but by the time a new player even knows that's thing let alone how and that they need the do it they've already created two fighters booked QFC's and probably signed with the first org to send them an offer.

So the thought became...what if a new player's first fighter had to be chosen from one of 4 or 5 pre built templates. Wrestler/boxer, clinch/pull guard etc. Have 4 or 5 of the top managers get together or one each to build the templates. Secondly that first fighter has to be 25 and goes to the island.

This accomplished a couple things. The new manager has a fighter with a build that has a history of success, and they are on the Island the most level playing field out there. So even if they fuck everything up with their four regular slots (like I did) you've got one guy you know is built decently fighting in a level playing field so it's all about learning sliders with your first guy.

What do you think?

• Upvote 2

I like your input, but not the idea without wanting to be harsh.

Sounds cliché, but it is by failling hard, that you also learn.

Make shitty builds, fail and learn how to overcome. This can be done by experience and patience or by taking a mentor.

First fighter being a template fighter does not learn you much.

Also, sliders are different depending on the build of the fighter. It is not because you learn how to slider for a 'template fighter', that you are good at sliders. Knowing how to adapt is crucial and that comes with time.

• Upvote 3

Maybe good idea, but the island part sucks. What if he join the game now, with no island season? What of he joins at the end of the season, a lot of fighters with MUCH better physical, etc...

Good point. The island was more of an afterthought I guess. Hadn't really thought that through I still think it would help new player's if they had one slot forced to be a decent creation. IDK as an org owner it feels like a lot of people create a shitty batch of fighters, get their ass kicked a few times and quit.

The idea I had when toying around with thoughts on how to improve the game was to make it part of the existing tutorial. Right now it just gives you some messages about creating a first fighter, get a contract etc. You could add in there that it will set you up for say 3 fights against predefined builds with progressing difficulty. And should also give you some advice about how to set your sliders against each opponent build but leave the details to you.

This would also have the benefit of giving you an immediate taste of the fight action, maybe one tutorial fight per day (with energy etc resetting after). Let them be called amateur fights so they won't count against fighter/manager record.

• Upvote 1