Deadliest Warrior

yeah I watched all the episodes until now

Apache vs Gladiator

Samurai vs Viking

Ninja vs Spartan

Knight vs Pirate

is the mafia vs yakuza already aired?

The show is pretty fun, even just to watch the dummies getting blasted and the fight scenes during the show and specially the one at the end. The only thing I really don't like is how the 2 teams always talk shit to each other, so annoying and childish and pointless, I guess that they are pushed to do it by the producers though...

Mafia vs Yakuza aired tonight but I didnt see it. The trash talk is obviously pushed by the producers no doubt, they should tone it down a bit and it wouldnt sound so silly, it would be fun and create some excitement but they do go way overboard and that brings in the cheesy factor.

I got a feeling that they're gonna end the season with some kind of modern US military infantry as the deadliest warrior... definitely a good watch though

I've watched two episodes and thought FOR SURE I knew which warrior would end up being more deadly.

I was flat wrong both times.

I won't say which ones, just in case it comes on again in reruns or something.

I think it's pretty damn entertaining, though.

hahahahahahahaha

well played sir

I watch it, I love how the computer nerd plays a huge role

I want to see ghengis khan take on anything predating black powder, and watch the blood bath that would enfold

I want to see ghengis khan take on anything predating black powder, and watch the blood bath that would enfold

Now THIS is a good idea, and something they ought to have the computer geeks crank out.

Genghis Khan vs. Alexander, the victor to face the winner of

Leonidas vs. Attila

Also on the card:

Achilles vs. Hannibal

David vs. Beowulf

I really enjoy this series, except for the trash talking.

I always envisioned that they'd use to simulator to fight a tournament, and the result is four or five episodes of non-stop, well choreographed, tournament action. That would just be cool.

These simulations are really retarded actually. They give a limited amount of parameters a number and than they run it through this ridiculous program. They don't even have to that. If they know the code they and the numbers they gave to the parameters they could calculate the chance of winning in advance. It's even more accurate. If you roll a dice 60000 times than you are sure that dice stopped at each side about 10000 times. So what's the point of rolling the dice? In one episode the nerd even says "we do the simulation multiple times to avoid any lucky shots". What a genius.

I enjoy how they kill the dummies though.

That would be the whole point of running the sim multiple times -- to minimize the outliers. If, instead of 60,000 times, you rolled that dice only 6 times, you could end up with a 2 50% of the time, a 6 33% of the time, and a 1 17% of the time. If you run it enough times, though, the probabilities will even out just as you say.

Plus, it's TV -- tell people you did the same thing 50,000 times and it sounds impressive. Tell them you did it 30 times because the accuracy doesn't improve significantly beyond that and most people will wonder why you didn't do it 50,000 times just to be sure.

It's really only there for entertainment value, just like I don't think Pirates are really going to be taking the field against charging Knights any time soon. :mf_popcorn1:

I liked the episode of the show I saw. It's entertaining for sure.

Also, by running the sim 1,000 times, it gives you a broad range of probabilities. It works for me.

That would be the whole point of running the sim multiple times

Well there's no point in running the simulation if you know or are able to calculate the odds. That's what I'm saying. But you are right, they probably do it because it sounds impressive.

I also don't understand what you mean with a broad range of probabilities Mac.

I've only seen one episode, but the one I saw it gave a bit of a breakdown of how many times each fighter won via what method.

So they said the Native Warrior would beat the Gladiator 66% of the time. And then they went on to say it was tomahawk "x" times and bow and arrows "y" times, etc. It just gave an interesting look into how the sim valuated each of the weapons.

I've only seen one episode, but the one I saw it gave a bit of a breakdown of how many times each fighter won via

Oh yeah. I know what you mean.

But that's the thing. Before the simulation starts its already determined that the chance for let's say an indian to kill the gladiator with a tomahawk is 21% and with a knife 10% and so on. It won't be exact that number but very close to it. The more times you repeat the simulation the closer it would be to that number. By running a simulation you allow 'outliers' like dmk calls them to slip in. When you just give the odds that isn't possible. It's more accurate.

But I think it's probably cooler to say that the indian killed the gladiator 550 times and the gladiator killed the indian 450 times than to say that the chance for the indian to win is 55%.

Oh yeah. I know what you mean.

But that's the thing. Before the simulation starts its already determined that the chance for let's say an indian to kill the gladiator with a tomahawk is 21% and with a knife 10% and so on.

OK -- might be getting your pt. better now. Is this really how they are simming the fights?? I had hoped that each weapon was given a certain range for amount of damage it could do, vs. the other fighter's defenses, the % likelohood that any given strike would hit or miss, blah blah blah until it came up with a high number of permutations for how the fight could actually take place.

If it's as simple as you say then, ya -- it's kinda dumb. Maybe that's why they fill 75% of the air time with stupid smack talk from guys who aren't actually going to fight each other. I think I'll just turn to Ultimate Fighter and watch Bisping and Henderson jaw at each other instead.

I think this show is absolutely retarded and pointless. Just my opinion.

Why? Don't you think that it's important to know that a samurai would win against a viking? What if you have to pick sides?