Andrei Arlovski has serious issues

Note

When you're going to be doing things in online games and on the Internet in general that you know people won't like, some good strategies for blunting the animosity that will be directed your way are pretending to be a girl and make it appear that you speak very bad English.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When you're going to be doing things in online games and on the Internet in general that you know people won't like, some good strategies for blunting the animosity that will be directed your way are pretending to be a girl and make it appear that you speak very bad English.

I can see why, it's working really well for AA.

Ignore feature sounds great. Actually it's a must, if you give organizations the tools to spam messages than you also need to provide tools to defend from it.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/717/spamod.png

As you can see, one genius already figured out that nobody reads those group messages so he puts it all in the subtitle. Obviously he couldn't fit the whole thing in one subtitle. It's not just this guy either, I don't like company messages in general.

Your not in that guys org are you steeve, i've looked in on it in the past and it seemed to be a bit of a joke tbh, really bad.

Not sure what its like now though, maybe its better.......

Ignore all those messages is another good strategy IMO. You talk back and you will get another eventually.

I'm actually getting pissed about what has happened to her. It's not even the fact that she is a woman but the fact that she has paid good money for this game. Also, if you have such a problem with the way she runs her organizations, get over it. IT'S A GAME.

I'm actually getting pissed about what has happened to her. It's not even the fact that she is a woman but the fact that she has paid good money for this game. Also, if you have such a problem with the way she runs her organizations, get over it. IT'S A GAME.

Your right, it is a game but you seem to miss the fact that is a community game and not a single player game. He/she acts like a shit pump by abusing newbies and the uninformed and is therefore socially penalized by the community for it. I don't really see how that is hard to understand. If you don't act like an asshat you don't get treated like one.

I don't believe it's a female, and don't believe it doesn't speak English. Like a couple posters above said, the 'broken' nature of the writing isn't like a foreign language speaker struggling with English, it's like an English speaker trying to sound like he doesn't speak English. It's like Russian+Asian with a bit of caveman mixed in.

Also, since Mike stated the abuse has been downgraded from rape/family murder (which would be wrong, regardless of circumstances) to vague complaints about people "being mean" to AA for continuing to do what he has every opportunity to stop, then I say tough shit.

If someone consistently uses an exploit that a majority of the community despises, it doesn't make the community a hostile mob. If you're f'ing new players by steamrolling them in fights they cannot win and don't have enough sense to reject, then you lose the right to cry 'victim' when the greater community calls you out on it. I couldn't care less about rankings or any of the rest, but I do care about assholes abusing new players and driving them out of the game, far more than I'd care if one exploiter got their feelings hurt and quit because they couldn't run their scam with total immunity from criticism anymore.

This is sad. Who cares how that person runs there org? it means nothing to be on top of list of this game. Just let her be.

To the guy talking about has to be 14 yr old acting tough on the internet, you dont realise how lame people can be on the internet.

To clarify what I've said to her, I've never said she deserves the messages she gets but I've told her that she only gets messages like that because of the way she plays and can make them stop at any time if she stops playing that way.

I've had messages from her for months going "people are being nasty to me" and I've always given her the same response - stop beating up new managers and they'll stop being mean to you. This was when it was only minor stuff. She paid no attention, carried on for months doing the exact same thing and the abuse has magnified.

I'm sure if I read through every message she's recieved then some people would be getting bans or warnings etc but I don't want to spend hours and hours doing that - there are 10,000 users to look after - I can't spend days and days looking after one manager who is negatively affecting the gameplay of the game AND who has refused to do anything to help the situation for months on end.

Anyway, she appears to be taking at least some of her fighters out of her own org, so let's all just give it a rest and leave her alone - see if she changes.

Also to clarify, I may not have read through every word she's ever sent because there were pages of stuff, usually starting with a general point that someone is being mean to me again... If I'd actually seen anyone saying anything about raping etc, then that person would be banned. I certainly haven't seen anything that crude. Worst I've seen was "show us your boobs" or something like that, in chat screenshot.

Who knows anyway, I can't pretend that I'll deal with every situation like this perfectly. If she sends me a PM with anything serious then I'll do something about it, especially now she's actually doing something to help the situation herself.

+1000000 'and end!

If she quits the game (I hope not) then she will let the abusers win. The abusers are the ones that should quit playing this game.

I think there should be an age limit to be able to play this game, I assume that the abusers are 14 year old kids who like to play tough on the internet.

Let the abusers win and let him quit.